IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Faction, World and RTS Game ideas, A place where you can post all your RTS game, Faction and World ideas
Adoge
post 19 Apr 2015, 14:03
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11052

In terms of a game, I believe that factions are an important part of the setting and story. Especially those that are unique.
Examples include:
ROTR's five factions: USA (Generalist), GLA (Subversive), China (Spammer/Horde), Russia (Powerhouse) and E.C.A (Cannon/Turtler)

The Paradox Mod: Allies (Generalist/Air Force), Soviets (Powerhouse), Empire (More elitist- bit hard to pin down), Confederate Revolutionaries (Subversives- good guy GLA.), Order of the Talon (Elitist/Powerhouse/quality), the Mediterranean syndicate (Cannon/Ranger), the Atomic Kingdom of China (more defensive in approach) and the Electrical Protectorate (Spammer).

I love unique factions and I wanted to create a thread where people could post their own faction designs in any universe they want.

They could be Post Apocalyptic Bandits, Cybernetic Purists, Dinosaurs, Alternate Dimension fascist super-maniacs with super tanks.

This post has been edited by Adoge: 24 Apr 2015, 8:37

--------------------
A place where I posted my idea about a possible take on the Post-Red Alert 2 Command and Conquer universe: Reimagining Post Red Alert 2

If you wish to share your faction and RTS game ideas and provide constructive criticism on others', come and join us in this thread: Faction, World and RTS Game ideas

My Ideas: (Criticism appreciated)

Directorate vs Remnant, Backstory Part 1, Backstory Part 2, Characters and groups of the Directorate and Remnant

Basilisk vs Echelon, Unit and General List

Cataclysm: Embers of Hope (an RTS) (This where I will post most of my idea for Cataclysm.)

Global Chaos (Working Title)

My current Fourth General(s):
USA: H.Y.D.R.A, General Schwarzkopf (under development)

GLA: Colonel Abis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Adoge
post 2 May 2015, 13:10
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11052

Cataclysm: Embers of Hope
A real time stategy game.

In the year 2051, as the climate crisis worsened great storms lashed the coasts of the world, apcoalyptic weather events rattle earth.

Story:

The collapse of much of the social order in Africa, Central and South America and Asia led to the creation of the United Earth Republic, declared by the UN Secretary General, effectively a military dictatorship that controlled Europe, Australia and North America. Closing the borders of the UER, its military expanded massively designed to protect the UER from the failed states of the world. Refugees fled to the UER only to be turned back by massive UER ships or obliterated by coastal cannons. In the high tech cities of the UER, free from the rising sea levels, the citizens of the UER questioned why the sub-human filth attempted to infiltrate their lands and steal their jobs. As the UER consolidated its power, developing massive weapons to protect itself from the "filth" that resided in the failed states around the world. In 2054, as the sea levels slowly inundated many parts of Africa, Asia and South America, the Red Hand rose to power. A revolutionary, leaderless movement that aimed to tear down the 'Fascist" and 'imperialist' UER. Gathering together militas, gangs and the peoples of the forgotten continents, they began their war against the UER.

The Red Hand believe the gods have sent the storms and destruction to punish humanity for their decadence. While not having official control over Asia, South America and Africa, the Red Hand has significant influence. Should two warlords be fighting, a call to arms by the High Priests of the Red Hand would stop any fighting, lest the warlords be killed for not bending the knee to the call for War. The Red hand's leadership are pseudo messiah's who claim to be the voice of the gods. The Red Hand forces are comprised of a mix of tribal and messianic warriors covered in bones and other tribal artifacts mixed with body paint armed with machetes and other homemade weapons. They are supplemented by regular troops who are from the countries former militaries, as well as militia's and gangs. Their vehicles are mainly salvaged with some sporting some serious dakka. Some of their units combine good firepower with excellent speed but armour is terrible. While the Red Hand has overwhelmed the Balkans, forcing the UER back into Europe, and overthrown the UER puppets in Mexico, the UER has also invaded northern Africa, threatening to cut off the Red Hand's invasion routes into Europe.

Faction Design and playstyles:
- UER: Heavy weapons and a powerhouse/elitist with a strong air force and ubertanks
The UER would very much have a more clean, European/US and "First World" look. Their units would include a powerful airforce based off Next-Gen fighters and Drones as well as VTOL attack craft. Their ubertanks, while having armour and firepower to boot, are not clunky, but rather look clean and efficient. Their infantry all wear suits to protect themselves and there is Exo Skeletons within their ranks as well. The UER builds buildings by selecting the building, which is fabricated off map, deploying it by calling in a massive starlifter like craft to place it on the map, allowing it to deployed over water, canyons/caverns and fire. Once their buildings are deployed they cannot be moved, however should the building come under attack, the player has the option of deploying a security squad of 10 officers who, while having mediocre armour and weapons, can assist in defensive operations. Their buildings, while High-Tech are also pragmatic in that they can take a lot of punishment from enemy troops. The UER can build a satellite alignment facility, which allows the UER to launch a small but powerful satellite strike that saturates and destroy an area. Deploying mobile satellite vehicles, mounted on M270 chassis (only 5 per Sat facility can be built), reduce the time for the Sat Strike to be ready again, but unlike the Temple of Fire only 2 Satellite Alignment Facilities may be built. MSVs can also deploy a special ionic shield which disables the vehicle and protects all units within. This allows for quick, but more targeted strikes rather than devastating area of effect strikes that can, at maximum number of targeting vehicles, take 30 seconds to recharge. The UER heavily armoured security/support vehicle, the "Michelangelo", can deploy rocket and machine gun turrets early on to assist UER. The Michelangelo, as well as a repair vehicle and light attack unit are built from the support vehicle Assembly Plant, the second unit building unlocked in the UER tech tree. These drone turrets are good support for the Assault rifle and Rocket launcher armed security teams. The UER is designed as a sort of Neo-Crusader force. It units, given their armour and speed are similar to knights in terms of design philosophy. Their buildings are like Castles, massive, imposing, high-tech and strong. Given their basing in Israel and Europe as well as Australia and the US and Canada, their forces are all also from countries related to the Crusade (or related to).

- Red Hand: subversives/spammers with some Dakka units
The Red Hand is very much a moving junkyard. Many of their units are amphibious, but look clunky. A mix of halftracks, improvised tanks and more advanced units of the "Elite Guard". Most Red Hand units take damage the longer they are in the water, unless they are elite guard, which mix regular military gear with some high tech ideas. Their buildings are built by Worker Gangs, who construct the buildings on the ground, which make them vulnerable to attack but quicker built than the UER ones. Once a building is built, it has the ability to pack up into a truck that can move around the map and redeploy somewhere else. They focus on a more horde mentality early on, with their basic units costing approximately 1/10 of that of the basic UER Infantry. Later on more advanced units can be called in, which then changes it into a more ambush and mobility. The Driller is another important unit to the Red Hand, which creates tunnels across the map. The Driller functions in that you select the Entrance to the tunnel and the exit, this then links the two together and to the wider tunnel network. The Red Hand has the ability to build a Temple of Fire, once this temple is built it becomes a superweapon. A player must then choose to arm it with a nuclear missile, which after a couple of minutes becomes armed and allows players to launch a nuclear missile. A player must build their first Temple of Fire before they can build their second Temple of Fire and so on. Each time you arm a nuclear missile it becomes more expensive. Elite Guard Infantry units, as well as Berserker General infantry can use the berserk ability, which for 10 seconds denies any enemy damage and gives the unit a massive speed boost, in which he/she draws a machete and charges enemies. The unit will explode on contact if he is ordered to attack a vehicle, using their last explosives in a desperate attempt to destroy vehicles. These berserk units can however, be killed by superweapons and support powers.

Gameplay Features

Resources:
There are two types of resources: Earth Metals and Ore (may changes this later), Earth Metals grown in exposed patches while Ore grows in "Fields" which will slowly grow as more is forced to the surface. The UER can build an Extractor on Earth Metal patches and deploy a Purifier Plant which sends out drones to harvest Ore,the Red Hand build a mining camp which sends out "pilgrims" to mine both resources.

Climatic Events:
Given the centre of this game is the Climatic Crisis, many events in-game can affect the play of the game. Much of the map might flood, which while the Red Hand can use most of their units as amphibious attack units, would force the UER to use their airforce and Orbital Drop forces, while retreating their ground forces to higher ground. The water might then drain out through massive cracks in the Earth, forcing your units into narrow choke points. Alternatively, a huge storm could swirl across the map with powerful winds reducing accuracy and lightning destroying units. A huge earthquake could rock the map, splitting it in half, or thirds, or quarters; forcing artillery to square off across the gashes in the Earth and bringing the air force into play, until another quake reshapes the planet. Fires can break out across the map should there be an increase in heat, a dense forest that is covering a group of UER troops from Red Hand vehicle could suddenly come alight cooking the UER infantry. many of these climatic events the players will receive notice of... but some will happen without prior knowledge. For obvious balance reasons, the immediate spawning areas of each player will not be affected.

Doctrines
Doctrines are sort of subfactions that change the way the factions tech tree operates, chosen at the beginning of the game, neither player is aware of the others Doctrine and will only learn when they go up against the enemy.

UER
- Air Force (Focuses on the complete dominance of the Air and boosts both aircraft and ground AA
- Shock and Awe (Powerful combined arms, shock and awe requires the collaboration of ground and air forces in brutal attacks to be effective)

Red Hand
- Berserker General (All infantry units can use the berserk ability and many of his unique units are designed simply for firepower and speed)
- Horde General (Utilises swarms of cheap Infantry and Light Vehicles as well as devastating rocket and barreled artillery which open gaps for the swarm to get in)

More to come...

This post has been edited by Adoge: 17 May 2015, 8:33

--------------------
A place where I posted my idea about a possible take on the Post-Red Alert 2 Command and Conquer universe: Reimagining Post Red Alert 2

If you wish to share your faction and RTS game ideas and provide constructive criticism on others', come and join us in this thread: Faction, World and RTS Game ideas

My Ideas: (Criticism appreciated)

Directorate vs Remnant, Backstory Part 1, Backstory Part 2, Characters and groups of the Directorate and Remnant

Basilisk vs Echelon, Unit and General List

Cataclysm: Embers of Hope (an RTS) (This where I will post most of my idea for Cataclysm.)

Global Chaos (Working Title)

My current Fourth General(s):
USA: H.Y.D.R.A, General Schwarzkopf (under development)

GLA: Colonel Abis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Adoge   Faction, World and RTS Game ideas   19 Apr 2015, 14:03
- - Adoge   QUOTE The End of Days: Deploy World Destroyer supe...   25 Apr 2015, 9:01
- - Adoge   QUOTE (Serialkillerwhale @ 25 Apr 2015, 17...   25 Apr 2015, 9:13
- - X1Destroy   QUOTE I think I just shat my pants At first, I ha...   25 Apr 2015, 9:21
- - Adoge   QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 25 Apr 2015, 18:21) At...   25 Apr 2015, 9:24
- - Adoge   Yay! More than 1000 views   25 Apr 2015, 11:58
- - Crackerjack17   Since you asked for a backstory.. EDF May 7 2197...   25 Apr 2015, 11:59
- - Adoge   QUOTE (Crackerjack17 @ 25 Apr 2015, 20:59...   25 Apr 2015, 12:08
- - Adoge   QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 25 Apr 2015, 18:21) At...   25 Apr 2015, 12:49
|- - X1Destroy   QUOTE (Adoge @ 25 Apr 2015, 12:49) I real...   25 Apr 2015, 17:16
- - Crackerjack17   SN June 26 2198 Ed Adamska, High-ranking command...   25 Apr 2015, 13:01
- - Adoge   QUOTE (Crackerjack17 @ 25 Apr 2015, 22:01...   25 Apr 2015, 13:09
- - Adoge   Directorate and Remnant Inspiration Directorate:...   25 Apr 2015, 13:29
- - Adoge   QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 26 Apr 2015, 2:16) Hmm...   26 Apr 2015, 0:11
- - Adoge   A little story on the formation of the Directorate...   26 Apr 2015, 1:59
- - Serialkillerwhale   Murican Units: Civilian: Free unit, armed with eit...   26 Apr 2015, 2:43
- - Adoge   QUOTE (Serialkillerwhale @ 26 Apr 2015, 11...   26 Apr 2015, 3:14
- - Adoge   The Rise of the Remnant The Directorate's ta...   26 Apr 2015, 5:32
- - Adoge   Major groups and characters of the Directorate vs ...   26 Apr 2015, 10:11
- - Adoge   Given that my Directorate vs Remnant idea is my fl...   27 Apr 2015, 3:35
- - Adoge   UNIT AND GENERALS LIST Each Faction would have ...   27 Apr 2015, 4:42
- - Adoge   Let me ask a question: What two sort of playstyl...   27 Apr 2015, 11:09
- - Adoge   QUOTE -Invasion confirmed: Have all of your availa...   28 Apr 2015, 3:06
- - Adoge   Had this idea for a while... yes its Machines vs H...   28 Apr 2015, 11:12
- - Serialkillerwhale   Just a note, but WWII, the "Big names" f...   29 Apr 2015, 0:08
- - Adoge   QUOTE Just a note, but WWII, the "Big names...   29 Apr 2015, 6:24
- - Adoge   Another idea I had was centered on a Second Americ...   29 Apr 2015, 7:55
- - Adoge   I had another idea: Its a bit simplistic and sort...   30 Apr 2015, 8:59
- - Adoge   Please feel free to post any criticism on my ideas   1 May 2015, 12:14
- - Adoge   I know not many people have the time to or bother ...   2 May 2015, 11:50
- - Adoge   Cataclysm: Embers of Hope A real time stategy gam...   2 May 2015, 13:10
- - Adoge   Ignore this post   3 May 2015, 5:07
- - Adoge   A note: The Echelon in this forum is different to ...   4 May 2015, 0:12
- - Adoge   I had an idea recently It revolved around a revo...   5 May 2015, 9:54
- - Adoge   Major areas of conflict between the Remnant and Di...   7 May 2015, 3:32
- - Serialkillerwhale   @Cataclysm. Seems to have a somewhat Tiberium-esqu...   8 May 2015, 1:37
- - Adoge   QUOTE (Serialkillerwhale @ 8 May 2015, 10...   8 May 2015, 8:55
- - Adoge   This is an idea I had a little while ago. Follow...   12 May 2015, 11:21
- - Adoge   Some people have been asking for the GLA to be rec...   14 May 2015, 5:27
- - Adoge   I've decided that this forum has become mainly...   17 May 2015, 1:44
- - Adoge   Hi guys, I know I said I wasn't going to post...   19 May 2015, 11:07
- - Adoge   This is a joke of an idea I've had. Its sort ...   20 May 2015, 6:54
- - Adoge   A new RTS idea I had. There are two factions (th...   25 May 2015, 12:25
- - ZunZero97   can be in country subfactions: Middle East Guerri...   26 May 2015, 10:47
- - Adoge   QUOTE (ZunZero97 @ 26 May 2015, 19:47) ca...   27 May 2015, 12:42
- - Adoge   I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on my B...   29 May 2015, 10:33
- - Serialkillerwhale   I had an idea called "Rising darkness" w...   29 May 2015, 17:18
- - Adoge   QUOTE (Serialkillerwhale @ 30 May 2015, 2...   30 May 2015, 7:00
- - Serialkillerwhale   Fairly well. The cultists faction starts out sneak...   30 May 2015, 11:14
- - Adoge   So my idea was that the turn of the century brough...   30 May 2015, 11:57
- - nikitazero678   I already made the concept of factions, worlds and...   31 May 2015, 4:27
- - Adoge   QUOTE (nikitazero678 @ 31 May 2015, 13:27...   7 Jun 2015, 1:10
- - Adoge   Just bringing back this thread after I had another...   11 Sep 2015, 11:25
- - TheCrimsonCaster   Here's one I'm currently working on. Year...   22 Jun 2017, 16:46
- - TheCrimsonCaster   Here's one I'm currently working on. Year...   22 Jun 2017, 16:50
- - TheCrimsonCaster   Sorry, triple post.   22 Jun 2017, 16:58
- - OrikoMikuni   An old idea of me from reddit long ago: https://ww...   12 Feb 2019, 3:15
- - OrikoMikuni   Part 1 -Idea: My mod idea took place at America i...   12 Feb 2019, 3:15
- - OrikoMikuni   Part 2 Cultist Subfaction: 1.Mafia: In order to ...   12 Feb 2019, 3:39
- - OrikoMikuni   Another idea of mine is a weird scenario if WW2 ne...   14 Feb 2019, 11:13
- - X1Destroy   I thought this thread died 2 years ago But gre...   18 Feb 2019, 17:25
|- - OrikoMikuni   QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 18 Feb 2019, 23:25) I ...   19 Feb 2019, 4:06
- - X1Destroy   Nice. How about making Hitler die just after rebui...   19 Feb 2019, 13:31
|- - OrikoMikuni   QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 19 Feb 2019, 19:31) Ni...   19 Feb 2019, 16:18
- - OrikoMikuni   My next idea is the four factions continue from th...   13 Mar 2019, 1:09
- - OrikoMikuni   Btw I forgot to talk about their doctrine branch a...   13 Mar 2019, 3:24
- - OrikoMikuni   Another part of mine idea is a futuristic war whic...   7 Apr 2019, 4:34
- - X1Destroy   How about a game where: - 1 faction is the tradit...   7 Apr 2019, 7:44
- - OrikoMikuni   I used to think an idea where there are only 2 fac...   7 Apr 2019, 9:58
- - X1Destroy   Speaking of turtle, ECA in ROTR used to be winning...   7 Apr 2019, 11:20
|- - OrikoMikuni   QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 7 Apr 2019, 17:20) Spe...   7 Apr 2019, 13:11
- - GuardianTempest   I'm planning a mod that's essentially Rise...   8 Apr 2019, 16:14
- - OrikoMikuni   Call me a filthy weeb but I used to find a good wo...   9 Apr 2019, 7:44
- - OrikoMikuni   Note: My idea exclude mech walker since I never w...   9 Apr 2019, 8:28
- - OrikoMikuni   Second note: My idea for the Japan faction are con...   9 Apr 2019, 9:40
- - OrikoMikuni   My inspiration of the space ninja would be like th...   9 Apr 2019, 10:08
- - GuardianTempest   If I didn't know any better, I'd say you...   9 Apr 2019, 10:48
- - OrikoMikuni   It would work if you bend the world building rule ...   9 Apr 2019, 11:15
- - GuardianTempest   Don't shoot yourself down too early, there ARE...   9 Apr 2019, 11:28
- - OrikoMikuni   Thanks GuardianTempest. I never though I would...   9 Apr 2019, 12:09
- - GuardianTempest   Interesting, a hybrid of RTS and MOBA. Or essentia...   9 Apr 2019, 13:56
- - OrikoMikuni   Hmm your idea seem ok since there almost no popula...   9 Apr 2019, 14:25
- - GuardianTempest   Don't worry, I got that covered. It's easy...   9 Apr 2019, 16:18
- - OrikoMikuni   Story: One of my idea is a twist of RA3 time trave...   23 Apr 2019, 10:08
- - X1Destroy   This alternated RA3 will have Group Zeal vs Terror...   23 Apr 2019, 13:56
|- - OrikoMikuni   QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 23 Apr 2019, 19:56) Th...   23 Apr 2019, 16:18
- - OrikoMikuni   Another part of my idea is a simple scenario of hu...   23 Apr 2019, 16:51
- - OrikoMikuni   Here is a special scenario of a story where the fo...   26 Apr 2019, 5:12
- - OrikoMikuni   Btw does anyone got an idea for Tiberium Universe?...   28 Apr 2019, 16:00
- - X1Destroy   Isn't there already a mod with the forgotten t...   30 Apr 2019, 20:43
- - OrikoMikuni   My next idea based on the idea of Huntington's...   3 May 2019, 10:30
- - OrikoMikuni   Recently I got a crazy idea but I can't think ...   23 Jul 2019, 3:21
- - GuardianTempest   Going through my faction roster for "RotR Cha...   10 Jan 2020, 8:21
- - OrikoMikuni   Tbh I would like to see a kind of fictional world ...   25 Jan 2020, 6:34
- - OrikoMikuni   At the end of RA3 event, the Allied was though to ...   31 Jan 2020, 13:35
2 Pages V  < 1 2 >

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1 June 2024 - 12:38