Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Windows 10
Svea Rike
post 29 Jul 2015, 11:41
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9540

So Windows 10 releases today. Is anybody gonna get it?

I have pre-ordered my free version; I think this is gonna be a good thing. Really all I want is the old Start menu back, and since Windows 10 has a sazzier version of it, I'm all ears.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Alias
post 1 Aug 2015, 7:42
Post #2

Cool Guy
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 46

Since I recently built a new system I had the Windows 10 preview installed there for around two weeks, and had the production version installed for the last few days. The experience of the system is much better than Windows 8, and I can't really comment on the usability of it compared to that because I never used Windows 8 for long.

Functionality wise, however, support is still very flaky at best. A lot of drivers crashed every one or two days, sometimes more. My audio was stuttering for every few minutes for about 5 seconds. The CPU management seems to also have some problems, for some reason a lot of the time it idled my 4690 at 30%+ when doing no serious tasks, but Windows was reporting a substantial amount of page faults.

Today I reformatted again and installed Windows 7 like I had before, and the performance is much better. The CPU idles at around 5% and I'm not getting any page faults any more, I've yet to have any driver problems and there is zero audio stutter.

If you are thinking of upgrading I'd recommend waiting a few months while hardware companies sort out proper drivers and while Microsoft sorts out the remaining bugs.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27 May 2024 - 13:34