Direct Connect Trough 2 routers
BlastingBout
post 1 Mar 2017, 10:30
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 14603

Hi ladies and gentleman,

When playing ROTR I can only get the multiplayer to work without using Direct Connect.
Now I know that I can forward the port on the router and that should enable the direct connect option.

But a few things are still not clear to me:

- Do you need to disable upnp when forwarding a port or can it coexist with a forwarded port?
- Which IP adress should I fill in while enabling the port (using both protocols) ?
- Does it only work with a static IP configuration?
- In the options menu of ROTR which IP adress should I select for playing? the 192.168.x.xxx or the 10.xx.xx.xxx etc. (using the 192 gives the serial in use error while joining)

And when this is all cleared out, the main question:

I'm running my UTP cable from PC to the router on the first floor, the router on the first floor is connected with a UTP to the router on ground level, and this router is connected to the modem.
Do I need to format the same port on the ground level router? And what IP adress should I use for that one because it's on a different gateway.

Other multiplayer games run perfectly fine with a really low ping.

THANKS!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
BlastingBout
post 3 Mar 2017, 9:03
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 14603

Thanks guys,

I figured out what the problem is.
When the second router is connected trough WAN it will never be on the same subnet, so it will be impossible to run through the forwarded port of the first router.

For example the first router had an IP of 192.168.0.1 and the second one 192.168.1.1. but on my pc I want to forward port 19850 on 192.168.0.xx which is impossible because my pc is connected to subnet (192.168.)1.xx
Solution would be to run the UTP from router 1 to a LAN port of router 2 instead of a WAN port. That will put them on the same subnet smile.gif

+Quote Post
Zion
post 3 Mar 2017, 14:53
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 10992

QUOTE (BlastingBout @ 3 Mar 2017, 3:03) *
Thanks guys,

I figured out what the problem is.
When the second router is connected trough WAN it will never be on the same subnet, so it will be impossible to run through the forwarded port of the first router.

For example the first router had an IP of 192.168.0.1 and the second one 192.168.1.1. but on my pc I want to forward port 19850 on 192.168.0.xx which is impossible because my pc is connected to subnet (192.168.)1.xx
Solution would be to run the UTP from router 1 to a LAN port of router 2 instead of a WAN port. That will put them on the same subnet smile.gif

Welcome to basic networking... tongue.gif btw dont say UTP,, just say network cable, or ethernet no one says that

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31 May 2024 - 0:53