Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

The moment you've been waiting for...
RedDeadSmeg
post 2 Aug 2018, 19:52
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 13220

Chinese Covert Mission 5 is finally here!

As it's my biggest map to date, there is a good chance of bugs and glitches popping up. Any issues please comment below or on the Mod DB page.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/rise-of-the-reds...overt-mission-5

After a quick VDV mission before my next big project, the next campaign will be (of course)...USA.

Good luck General.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
XAttus
post 3 Aug 2018, 9:46
Post #2

Arena maker
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 10203

dat clickbait title... biggrin.gif I thought 2.0 is out or something.

Sounds interesting though, I will give this a go and update this post with my feedback.

-------------------------

...I got to the point where I'm "underground" and was supposed to locate something in a maze of corridors... I found a nuclear bunker, destroyed it -> mission failed. I guess I missed a caption somewhere.
Tried it once more, crashed when I got to the "underground" part sad.gif

So, here is what I noted so far:

- It feels challenging, the russians attack with land and air and the nuke missile timer gives a major motivation to push in instead of turtling down and building sec-eco. I haven't seen a MSTA fire though, so that's worth checking.
- I like your creativity with the "underground area" but the map boundaries should have been set so it's not a "body of sea with underwater grumbles in it" but rather off-map entirely until it's time.
- The mission objectives need to be more clear and specific, like highlighting what to do and what not to do. Making the building flash when units are near it is also helpful. (I didn't destroy the radar outpost that's supposed to be captured but it wasn't obvious that I need to capture it)
- When the nuke silo appears and you write "we have given you access to our nuclear arsenal" when it actually belongs to the Russians, I laughed. There are several other small inconsistencies like this. BUT, I got full tech at that point, so I guess that's what you wanted to write.
- Listening posts and hackvans are disabled, why? Feels more annoying rather than challenging.
- propaganda upgrade and TC kit upgrade is also disabled, again for no apparent reason. That pissed me off. xD
- The map's level of detail is below what I'd consider acceptable for Reds, we have made several maps that are much better looking.

Final thoughts:

Consider disabling sec-eco if you wish to increase the challenge / difficulty of the mission. Disabling upgrades that would be nice to have for convenience and would otherwise not break the mission is not a good idea.
Make use of the various tech buildings and even single-player specific assets to further enhance the game-play.

This post has been edited by XAttus: 3 Aug 2018, 16:11

--------------------
XAttus
-game anyone?

The Hunter
- Nobody wants to play bombtruck simulator with you
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19 June 2024 - 6:54