IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Faction, World and RTS Game ideas, A place where you can post all your RTS game, Faction and World ideas
Adoge
post 19 Apr 2015, 14:03
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11052

In terms of a game, I believe that factions are an important part of the setting and story. Especially those that are unique.
Examples include:
ROTR's five factions: USA (Generalist), GLA (Subversive), China (Spammer/Horde), Russia (Powerhouse) and E.C.A (Cannon/Turtler)

The Paradox Mod: Allies (Generalist/Air Force), Soviets (Powerhouse), Empire (More elitist- bit hard to pin down), Confederate Revolutionaries (Subversives- good guy GLA.), Order of the Talon (Elitist/Powerhouse/quality), the Mediterranean syndicate (Cannon/Ranger), the Atomic Kingdom of China (more defensive in approach) and the Electrical Protectorate (Spammer).

I love unique factions and I wanted to create a thread where people could post their own faction designs in any universe they want.

They could be Post Apocalyptic Bandits, Cybernetic Purists, Dinosaurs, Alternate Dimension fascist super-maniacs with super tanks.

This post has been edited by Adoge: 24 Apr 2015, 8:37

--------------------
A place where I posted my idea about a possible take on the Post-Red Alert 2 Command and Conquer universe: Reimagining Post Red Alert 2

If you wish to share your faction and RTS game ideas and provide constructive criticism on others', come and join us in this thread: Faction, World and RTS Game ideas

My Ideas: (Criticism appreciated)

Directorate vs Remnant, Backstory Part 1, Backstory Part 2, Characters and groups of the Directorate and Remnant

Basilisk vs Echelon, Unit and General List

Cataclysm: Embers of Hope (an RTS) (This where I will post most of my idea for Cataclysm.)

Global Chaos (Working Title)

My current Fourth General(s):
USA: H.Y.D.R.A, General Schwarzkopf (under development)

GLA: Colonel Abis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
OrikoMikuni
post 23 Apr 2019, 16:51
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 19478

Another part of my idea is a simple scenario of human vs space Terminator.

Story: Into a far future a group of human colonist drive on an experimental spaceship in order to test the new warping technology. Although the other group of colonists succeed, this group got a bad luck due to the technical issue. And the next thing they known they got thrown into an unknown space, while they are rebuilding their new society and expanding their their colony they found an unknown group of alien machine army who are trying to kill all lifeforms they saw. Although the human cannot understand what are their purpose but they know they have to use stealth technology to hide all of their city and colonies against this army as they got zero chance against them in the frontal combat since they are just the new faction to this space and the Terminator outnumber and out resource them.

Factions:

-Terminator (Powerhouse): All of Terminator units name are just based on the description of the human side as they never have any intels about their enemy. The Terminator are very tanky and full of walker mech but their technology are lower than the human due to the fact they already killed the whole alien civilization whom created them from the first place. And the AI who are leading them doesn't have a brain of the scientist to invent new technology which mean their technology got zero improvement. Their weapon are made purely for brute force as they are programmed to do so. Laser, flamethrower, heavy armor, chemical weapon, their tactic was to crush any lifeforms with fire and toxic then glassed the whole planet with their laser satellite. Although they are slow and costly they are tanky enough to scare off any enemy who dare to face them. Their super weapon is a laser satellite capable of destroying the whole planet by thrusting the beam deep into the planet core to destroy it from inside to outside.

-Human (Subversive): The human are high tech but they have to reduce a lot of tech since they afraid they would be either hacker or being detected by the enemy. Their main technology are railgun, sub-terrain drill, stealth, magnetic, EMP and kinetic weapon but it come with silencer to reduce the noise to minimal. Their stealth are the greatest strength, if they can cloak their whole city or build up a network of underground city to hide from the Terminator you can pretty much guess they are the space version of Nod. They don't like to use energy weapon, missile and other kind of weapon which leave a trace or a sound to attract the enemy attention as they want to go silent as much as possible. Although they use automatic drone those drone are made for suicidal purpose or turning it into a minefield instead of long term combat purpose as they know the Terminator army capable of hacking into their system once they detected the signal or captured them. Their super weapon is an underground nuclear silo which hide themselves 24/7 and only show up once fired.

This post has been edited by OrikoMikuni: 23 Apr 2019, 16:56
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Adoge   Faction, World and RTS Game ideas   19 Apr 2015, 14:03
- - OrikoMikuni   Second note: My idea for the Japan faction are con...   9 Apr 2019, 9:40
- - OrikoMikuni   My inspiration of the space ninja would be like th...   9 Apr 2019, 10:08
- - GuardianTempest   If I didn't know any better, I'd say you...   9 Apr 2019, 10:48
- - OrikoMikuni   It would work if you bend the world building rule ...   9 Apr 2019, 11:15
- - GuardianTempest   Don't shoot yourself down too early, there ARE...   9 Apr 2019, 11:28
- - OrikoMikuni   Thanks GuardianTempest. I never though I would...   9 Apr 2019, 12:09
- - GuardianTempest   Interesting, a hybrid of RTS and MOBA. Or essentia...   9 Apr 2019, 13:56
- - OrikoMikuni   Hmm your idea seem ok since there almost no popula...   9 Apr 2019, 14:25
- - GuardianTempest   Don't worry, I got that covered. It's easy...   9 Apr 2019, 16:18
- - OrikoMikuni   Story: One of my idea is a twist of RA3 time trave...   23 Apr 2019, 10:08
- - X1Destroy   This alternated RA3 will have Group Zeal vs Terror...   23 Apr 2019, 13:56
|- - OrikoMikuni   QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 23 Apr 2019, 19:56) Th...   23 Apr 2019, 16:18
- - OrikoMikuni   Another part of my idea is a simple scenario of hu...   23 Apr 2019, 16:51
- - OrikoMikuni   Here is a special scenario of a story where the fo...   26 Apr 2019, 5:12
- - OrikoMikuni   Btw does anyone got an idea for Tiberium Universe?...   28 Apr 2019, 16:00
- - X1Destroy   Isn't there already a mod with the forgotten t...   30 Apr 2019, 20:43
- - OrikoMikuni   My next idea based on the idea of Huntington's...   3 May 2019, 10:30
- - OrikoMikuni   Recently I got a crazy idea but I can't think ...   23 Jul 2019, 3:21
- - GuardianTempest   Going through my faction roster for "RotR Cha...   10 Jan 2020, 8:21
- - OrikoMikuni   Tbh I would like to see a kind of fictional world ...   25 Jan 2020, 6:34
- - OrikoMikuni   At the end of RA3 event, the Allied was though to ...   31 Jan 2020, 13:35
2 Pages V  < 1 2

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14 June 2024 - 21:24