IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Generals Challenge on Hard, It's definitely a challenge.
Shadow
post 12 Aug 2011, 23:48
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 494

So I beat Hardgen Tao. Now I'm on for Toxic gen. For the life of me I can't do it. I must have played against him for at least four hours, restarted countless times, and I've tried every combination and tactic I can think of so now I'm turning to you guys for help.

So if anyone here has completed it yet then lemme know...

(I'm on the most updated version of SW)

Thanks guys!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Shock
post 16 Aug 2011, 23:01
Post #2

Forum Green
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 17
Projects: SWR Productions

Stealth is a hard one as you can't rely on aircraft or armoured units to protect you. Have you tried using Stealth Palaces as defense? Build a tunnel behind the palace and actively repair it (pop workers in and out). Workers that just stand by buildings will be targets as the enemy cant see your buildings and they die easily from toxin spread, so keep them in the tunnels. That way your only real concern will be Scourge launchers. You can pick those off with popping frogs from a tunnel. This is very micro intensive and quite hard to maintain, as losing your palace to a wave may lose you the game.

Build a palace, some support units and the necessary tunnel infrastructure. After that invest in your Scud Storm. If you can keep up the fight until yours finishes, then you can start building a second palace perhaps for additional defense and a secondary income. Another valid strat is to pop a sneak attack on the bottom right corner of the map, where you can pop frogs to keep his arms dealer down. (if you reach the sneak attack of course)

The biggest problem that remains is the anthrax bomb, as its entire duration will prevent you from repairing your defenses. If you can keep a tunnel hidden in the village on your starting island, it will be able to pop frogs and kill units while you wait for it to wear out.

It is only after that, where you can start building an army to defeat him, but to get to that point is the hard part.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15 June 2024 - 7:41