IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Generals challenge: Jhuziz general is very powerful., This general has an abusive force since the beginning. LOL
LT. Drake Jackso...
post 1 Dec 2011, 21:43
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8869
Support and logistics player.

Quick add: I'm playing against this general (GLA Demo) with GLA general Deathstrike in one stage, and on the other, USA General Ironside.

Greets all, I have a little problem here, I have been playing generals challenge since a while with Shockwave, and had the opportunity to play against GLA General Demo Jhuziz, who starts making suicide attacks since the beginning of the mission, which gives me some trouble, after a good bunch of tries I finally set some perimeter defences (Tried this with general Ironside and then Deathstrike) but without much results as a few minutes later I get a warning about a SCUD storm with 5 minute timer and abussive attacks with suicide bikes and tanks, followed by rocket buggies and TOPOL missile launchers which turn my defenses to dust, I had just little more luck with general ironside because he has a Phalanx anti-air systems to beat the TOPOL missiles.
Also with both generals I tried to use combinations of units to improve the deffenses even more, but in both cases I can't get artillery in time to defend, neither enough units on both entrances to my base (I see in the beginning Demo uses all 4 entrances to rush me, then he uses just 2: 1 in the north, 1 on the south) to make defenses good, specially if I try to defend the south part, some TOPOL missile launchers at the other side of the river convert my tanks to scrap or obliberate my soldiers, and we are not even talking about pushing into his territory... It somehow ends like this: boom8.gif lol
So here I'am, stuck in this with those 2 generals, if anybody has a good idea on how to beat Demo general, I would be grateful, thanks in advance. 8Isov.gif

This post has been edited by LT. Drake Jackson: 2 Dec 2011, 3:20

--------------------
"Once the first bullet goes past your head... Politics, go right out the window" Black Hawk Down the movie.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
markp
post 2 Dec 2011, 0:50
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 176

I start by building a barracks and training 4-6 infantry; put the infantry on guard mode to the NW of your base - about half way between the supply pile and the concrete bunker/oil rig (where the first group of cycles come from); the bikes will suicide against the infantry thus giving you time to setup some defenses; make sure you spread the infantry out enough so that 1 bike only kills 1 soldier; you can do the same to the SW/SE of the base ... though you may want a couple rocket soldiers to take on the first couple bomb trucks that come from the SE of your base

regardless of general, try to keep your units and buildings to the left 2/3 of your base area; the farther you go to the right the easier it will be for topols to hit you from across the river or down in the (NE) valley

for deathstrike, technicals are fast so use them to run out and attack topols before they can launch; make sure you micro-manage your units to pick up crates (from killed enemy vehicles => more money and better weapons on your vehicles); you may find that a couple upgraded radar trucks can help defend against the topols (I've noticed that the radar truck tracks the incoming missile with some sort of beam and if strong enough tends to either deflect or destroy the missile); I don't recall if deathstrike has camoflauged infantry ... but if he does, send a few out away from your base to act as early warning (note: you'll need to keep an eye on the mini-map and take action accordingly when you see topols moving towards your base); jarmen kel can also be used to good effect by sniping vehicles at the NE of your base where they come up the ramp just before the machine gun post => I've used JK to snipe enough vehicles to form a traffic jam for follow-on vehicles => they just pile up in that location thus not putting a burden on my NE defences

for armor general you don't have the benefit of any 'fast' ground vehicles, though you may try strikers; his fighter/bombers are really good at taking out topols (and buggies) with a single hit, though you'll want to place the airfield away from the HQ (so airfield isn't taken out by scud storm); obviously (?) you'll also need to defend the airfield against suicide attacks; personally I just use a few phalanxes for topol defense and then take my time taking out the topols; my major concern is the rocket buggies and tanks (w/ missile launcher racks); I've usually got col burton and artillery to help with these threats; deploy aerial drones out away from your base to provide early warning of incoming units - again, you'll need to keep an eye on the mini-map and act accordingly when you see his units coming into the area

I find jhuziz fairly easy to beat (easier with any general that has combat helo support) as long as I stick to a few key methods ... use the mini-map as an early warning system of his incoming units - the mini-map is your friend! ;-) .... micro-manage, micro-manage, micro-manage your units (for GLA this includes picking up as many crates as possible after killing Jhuziz's vehicles) ... and don't build anything important near your HQ (while I will try to take out his scud storm - if I can - I usually don't worry too much about him hitting my base, he always targets my HQ so as long as I don't put much near the HQ it's easy to repair the HQ and rebuild cheap bldgs (eg, power, barracks) after the scud storm attack; obviously make sure you have enough power plants to insure your defensive positions don't lose power (which also means putting enough power plants far enough away from the HQ so that a scud storm attack doesn't cut power to your defenses)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16 June 2024 - 9:13