Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

List of miscellaneous glitches
Shockwavelover84
post 21 Dec 2011, 21:42
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8901

Hi, I've played through Shockwave 1.1 and below is a list of bugs which I've noticed as still being present. If some of these bugs have been previously reported I apologize, but I'll list them below for you, hope this helps out:

---Miscellaneous glitches---

*USA battle drones and Hellfire drones (deployed by vehicles) will auto-fire on enemy buildings without the player giving attack orders. This can be inconvenient, because the drones may destroy a building that the player is trying to capture (such as an enemy oil derrick) - another example is during Dr. Thrax's General's challenge mission - Thrax possesses several toxin bunkers which can be destroyed, and doing so releases toxins which can harm the player's units - if the player stations vehicles with battle drones near the bunkers, the drones may destroy the bunkers unintentionally, causing the toxins to severely damage or destroy any units the player has nearby. I believe this glitch has been present since the original Zero Hour release.

*USA pilots may be loaded into a Commanche (the Commanche will land to pick them up), however the Commanche does not receive the pilot's veterancy. I believe this glitch has been present since the original Zero Hour release. I am unaware if this glitch also affects other USA helicopters (ex. Laser Commanche, Little Bird, etc).

*In some Skirmish games, the computer AI will build a huge amout of units (ex. 50+ Tiger Gunships) but not attack with them, which causes the game to lag on lower-end PCs. I noted this occuring when I played against the Vanilla China AI on the hardest difficulty as General Alexander (I do not remember the Skirmish map) - the AI built a huge number of Tiger Gunships and huddled them in its base, to the point that the match slowed down dramatically on my PC.

*When playing as the GLA, if a game is saved, exited, and loaded - then all of the player's Workers will be considered "idle", even those which are moving or gathering supplies. This means that clicking the Idle Worker button will select any of the player's Workers, even those that are not idle, which causes great inconvenience. (The only way to fix this is to have all moving workers stop moving, then return to moving/gathering supplies - at this point they will be counted as non-idle again). I believe this glitch has been present since the official Zero Hour release.

*General Alexander's Skirmish AI (based on the hardest AI difficulty, unsure about lower difficulties) will build 4-5 Particle Cannons early in the game, (seemingly even without the funds to do so) while other AI's (except General Tao) will only build 1 Super Weapon, regardless of their funds available - this leads to a significant imbalance between the difficulty of Alexander's AI and other faction AI's. It can be offset by limiting Super Weapons to 1 per player.

*UPDATE - General Tao's Skirmish AI will also build multiple Nuke Silos on Hard Difficulty, similar to General Alexander AI mentioned above. This gives these AI's an unfair advantage in difficulty over the others because the others will only build a maximum of 1 Super Weapon.

*Missile Avengers (Vanilla USA and General Granger's Avengers) uses voice lines like "initiating laser strike" or "commencing light array" when ordered to attack air units. These lines are left over from the laser avenger (the default Avenger model in the original Zero Hour) but aren't appropriate for a unit using Missiles.

Note: General's Challenge-specific glitches moved to post 2 below

This post has been edited by Shockwavelover84: 16 Jan 2012, 16:07
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Shockwavelover84
post 3 Feb 2012, 4:17
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8901

Another couple ones I'll mention:

*In regards to the glitch where non-idle GLA workers will be counted as idle after saving a game and reloading it - I've also noticed this glitch occurring for USA/China dozers in certain skirmish maps.

*If a Shatterer has a drone deployed and is in water, then General Leang's Sentinel Cannons can fire on the Shatterer even if the Sentinel Cannon's power is out. Normally Sentinel Cannons can fire on air units even if the power is out, but not ground units - and this glitch seems to happen only if the Shatterer is both in the water, and has a drone deployed. The game might detect the Shatterer as an air unit when it's over water because usually only air units can move over water.

*After General Tao (China Nuke General)'s Overlords are upgraded with the tactical nuclear missiles - they apparently aren't supposed to fire on air units, but will sometimes auto-fire on nearby air units anyway (although they do almost no damage - about the equivalent of a single gattling cannon bullet per missile). Also, the Overlord can still be commanded to attack an air unit without the red "can't attack cursor" appearing, but they will simply not fire when commanded to - whenever they fire on air units, it's always done on it's own without being given a command.

EDIT: Another one:

*General Deathstrike will often send Radar Tanks at your base while attacking. The AI seems to think the Radar Tank is a combat unit, even though it's not (it's just Deathtrike's version of the Radar Van).

This post has been edited by Shockwavelover84: 2 Mar 2012, 22:49
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Shockwavelover84   List of miscellaneous glitches   21 Dec 2011, 21:42
- - Shockwavelover84   ---Generals' Challenge glitches--- Note: I ha...   22 Dec 2011, 3:00
- - Papaya Master Rai   Finally someone also has the same problem as me, s...   22 Dec 2011, 15:18
|- - Shockwavelover84   QUOTE (Papaya Master Rai @ 22 Dec 2011, 15...   22 Dec 2011, 18:07
|- - Shockwavelover84   Another couple misc glitches I forgot: *USA Ambul...   23 Dec 2011, 0:30
|- - Papaya Master Rai   QUOTE (Shockwavelover84 @ 23 Dec 2011, 1...   23 Dec 2011, 5:34
|- - Shockwavelover84   QUOTE (Papaya Master Rai @ 23 Dec 2011, 5...   23 Dec 2011, 20:47
- - nubler   from my experience: kassads scud storm will target...   23 Dec 2011, 17:57
|- - Shockwavelover84   QUOTE (nubler @ 23 Dec 2011, 17:57) on gr...   23 Dec 2011, 21:01
- - nubler   the 5 vehicles he eventually sends are there on th...   23 Dec 2011, 22:14
|- - Shockwavelover84   QUOTE (nubler @ 23 Dec 2011, 22:14) laser...   23 Dec 2011, 22:29
|- - nubler   QUOTE (Shockwavelover84 @ 23 Dec 2011, 22...   23 Dec 2011, 23:14
- - SorataZ   In vZH at least Comanches would not land for pilot...   24 Dec 2011, 1:15
|- - Shockwavelover84   QUOTE (SorataZ @ 24 Dec 2011, 1:15) In vZ...   24 Dec 2011, 3:00
- - Pickysaurus   In my experience, you can't put avpilot into a...   15 Jan 2012, 10:43
|- - Shockwavelover84   QUOTE (Pickysaurus @ 15 Jan 2012, 10:43) ...   16 Jan 2012, 16:03
- - Pickysaurus   Another glitch I've found is that on Alexander...   16 Jan 2012, 23:02
- - Shockwavelover84   Another couple ones I'll mention: *In regards...   3 Feb 2012, 4:17

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3 June 2024 - 15:59