anyone?, does someone wants to help me?
Python99
post 5 Oct 2012, 15:34
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9344

hello everybody.

i'm new on this forum, and i first want to say, i'm dutch, so my english is not that good.
second thing, does someone wants to make a mod with me? and before you go from yay!, there's one thing: I can't modd. i've tried it, but I just can't. but i'm full of ideas, so if anyone want to mod for me, while I give the ideas for it, I would be very happy. I also didn't know where to put this, so any moderator, feel free to move it to another place.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Python99
post 5 Oct 2012, 17:55
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 9344

thanks! I indeed gave up pretty easy, and I will try starting on it. but i'm having a busy job, so progress is going to go slowly, thats why I am looking for a team, so like that, there is always at least one person working on it. And about those ideas, here a few examples:

a new general for USA, the particle general, being good with particle weapons (and ion cannons too).
-a replacement for burton, called the Uplink trooper (gonna chance that name), who can call in particle cannons strikes, as well as ion cannon strikes. He also uses small versions of the particle cannon and ion cannon.
-a mobile particle cannon (or ion canon).

a china general which uses advanced artillery and tactics to give his units better survivability chances on the battlefield.
-a artillery helicopter, capable of striking units from afar.
-giving (some) artillery the capability of striking units from close, but because of the recoil, the tank will be unusable for several seconds. this can be reduced with 50% by buying the CQCM (Close Quarter CounterMeasures) upgrade.
For GLA nothing so far, its hard to get up with good ideas for them. I want to do this with all the units from shockwave, so I need permission of those modders, but like that it is gonna be a mod for shockwave. Is this what you meant? I hope so.

+Quote Post
CoLT
post 6 Oct 2012, 6:19
Post #3

C&C:Reichsmarsch Mod Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 9264

QUOTE (Python99 @ 6 Oct 2012, 0:55) *
thanks! I indeed gave up pretty easy, and I will try starting on it. but i'm having a busy job, so progress is going to go slowly, thats why I am looking for a team, so like that, there is always at least one person working on it. And about those ideas, here a few examples:

a new general for USA, the particle general, being good with particle weapons (and ion cannons too).
-a replacement for burton, called the Uplink trooper (gonna chance that name), who can call in particle cannons strikes, as well as ion cannon strikes. He also uses small versions of the particle cannon and ion cannon.
-a mobile particle cannon (or ion canon).

a china general which uses advanced artillery and tactics to give his units better survivability chances on the battlefield.
-a artillery helicopter, capable of striking units from afar.
-giving (some) artillery the capability of striking units from close, but because of the recoil, the tank will be unusable for several seconds. this can be reduced with 50% by buying the CQCM (Close Quarter CounterMeasures) upgrade.
For GLA nothing so far, its hard to get up with good ideas for them. I want to do this with all the units from shockwave, so I need permission of those modders, but like that it is gonna be a mod for shockwave. Is this what you meant? I hope so.

This is ok. But it needs more. Think about where the overall mod is going to. Is it a full expansion like Shockwave is? Is it a Total Conversion like what RotR is doing? Or is it just a mini-mod. Also like Zeke said, if the leader is not around, usually nothing gets done. A good leader needs to be able to motivate the team all the way. If you are seen to be slacking off from working on the mod then the rest of the team could end up being even lazier.
And yes, it is all being done for free so it is not likely that you will have people who are self-motivated like this. Since all the work takes time, it is ok if this is just something you do on your weekend on your spare time after work.

I too have a job, like many other modders on the forum, and I will just work on the mod in my spare time.

Also when it comes to using resources from another mod, you will need to get explicit permission to do so and it is not something that will come easily so the best is really to learn how to do it yourself.

--------------------

Visit our ModDB

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13 June 2024 - 21:53