IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Fanfiction: Explaining Away the Shockwave Units...
Kalga
post 12 May 2013, 19:23
Post #1

Writer do his best now and BSing...
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Somewhere in America (currently, not always that way)
Member No.: 9758
Yes I like Touhou... and the problem is?

Since a lot of people (including me) have tried (and thankfully failed) to convince SWR Production to add some Shockwave units into more factions in ROTR I thought it would be interesting to make up some stories as to why we don't get to see the Shockwave units in ROTR...

Yes I know that SW and ROTR are not in the same timeline, I just want to spice up the ROTR backstory that's all...

Laser Paladin, Railgun, well just about anything from General Townes: Due to the crippling budget cuts made to the US military during the late 2020s-early 2030s, most of the high end laser weapons have been retired and scraped. A few have been sold to Japan and South Korea during the Third Korean war but do to a lack of spares and maintenance none were in service after the war. Most of the laser projects were not restarted because... well Townes did mutinied against the US government and that left a bad taste in the mouth of the Pentagon.

Units from General Ironside: The force commanded by Ironside was supposed to be the prototype for a secret UN force called the USGDI, however, due to the lack of relevancy (and more importantly, funding) of the UN following the aftermath of the GLA war the USGDI was never materialized...

Devastator tank: 20 units of this heavy nuclear tank was "sold" to the Government of DPRK and was used in to spearhead the invasion during the opening phase of the third Korean war. All units were destroyed. The relativity fragility of these tanks during the conflict (especially to air attacks) convinced the Chinese High command to discontinue production and scarp current stocks. None were sold to any other nation due to the advance nature of the tank.

Exo Suit: Discontinued following the GLA war due to the insane cost and maintenance required. All units were disarmed and sold to the civilian market, where they remain very popular (a rich man's toy indeed...). One unit was even featured in the reboot of G.I. Joe among other things...

Chinese Battle Fortress & Anvil Tank: Retired due to lack of flexibility and difficulty in navigating in mountainous terrain... no, no units of the Battle Fortress or the Anvil Tank has ever been sold to the DPRK government, what are you talking about?

Ravage tank and Warmaster tank: Because why build slightly better tanks when you can have MOAR Battlemasters?

Lockdown MRLS: A few units of this flexible artillery platform was seen in the post-war JSSDF & ROKA. However, due to the prevalence of ECM in the PLA (and it's "allies") it is questionable how the Lockdown would fare against the PLA in any future conflict...

Berserker MRLS: Retired from PLA service due to changes in military doctrine, all units sold to various allied states.

R.A.D. tank: Retired due to international outcry (calling it: The Weapon of HORROR among other things...), all units scrapped... (sure, like anyone would trust the official statement from Beijing)

Tornado bomber & Combat Chinook: All units retired from USAF and sold to Canada & Mexico

---

Feel free to add your own spin of the stories to the units from Shockwave

I'll add more when I could think of it...

--------------------
... wait, oh s--t! I've been surrounded by raging modders!

The forum is ripe with the stench of gamers!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Arcus2611
post 13 May 2013, 5:41
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 9889

Or some of the more believable units could still be in service, just that the specific generals/branches don't use them. I mean, I imagine the units you see in-game aren't entirely representative of each faction's full arsenal.

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 13 May 2013, 6:11
Post #3

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

I find this post funny, yet Im not sure if its ment for a laugh or the explanations to be serious....

Cause I can find one or two lorebased mistakes.Might as well post to this later on.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 13 May 2013, 6:19
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

^ That is correct. Also, the three Generals that we know obviously aren't the ONLY Generals of their respective faction in-game. It could simply be assumed that they're the best at their game and that the less illustrious units use different equipment. For example, Bradley is the only US General who has Paladins in-game even though he's a Marine in the story and the Army should be the heavy ground branch. But the fact that he's a Marine -is- the reason why he's involved in the first place: America's contribution to the ECA war effort is limited and the bulk of the US Army is no longer being deployed outside the American continent; they still have Paladins back home, but they don't operate outside US/NAU territory whereas Bradley's tank forces are meant to be deployable on a global scale on short notice. The US units you see in-game represent the elite of the US military in both a gameplay and a story sense. Army Rangers aren't quite special forces, but they're more elite than the average grunt which is why they get deployed outside America as well. Missile Defenders never reference what branch they are in, so they could also be Marines or elite Army soldiers, Pathfinders could either be Army snipers or Scout Snipers, the SEALs -are- SEALs etc.

I do like some of these vehicle-related explanations though. Not saying that I'd consider them canon - because ShW simply didn't happen in the ROTR timeline - but they all seem believable from an in-universe perspective. The Warmaster and the Ravage do have a very Russian vibe to them. Not sure if they were based on the T-80/90 and T-64 back in the day, but in that case, one might explain their disappearance as the result of some joint Sino-Russian hardware exchange programme getting terminated due to the split that occured between Moscow and Beijing after Suvorov took over.

+Quote Post
Kalga
post 13 May 2013, 12:48
Post #5

Group Icon

Thanks for the constructive comments, and yes some of the "explanations" are meant to be humorous.

I guess I was too lazy at the time to write that wonderful little statement (for some of those more believable units): "most stocks currently serving in reserve units."

As for the lore errors, please tell me so I can fix them (or blame in universe news media bias, whichever one is the easiest).

--------------------

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 13 May 2013, 13:47
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

His idea was good, but was a bit disorganized and funny at the same time, you could have provided some more details about the units and the political motivations behind it all that. Anyway the 'timeline' of ROTR not include ShW officially as the MARS said.

You could write something about the units of ROTR being employed in the European war, their roles and capabilities, it would be interesting.

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
Kalga
post 13 May 2013, 16:16
Post #7

Group Icon

Yea this is pretty disorganized... I'm a college student after all serious.gif (don't ever step in my half of the dorm room, the floors are mined with Legos... among other things).

On the other hand, here's another batch of "What happened to those cool toys?"

Tigershark tank: After their successful use in the liberation of Europe, the Tigershark was put into mass production and is equipped to all units of the People's Liberation Army Marine Corps. Another side effect of its use in the GLA war was its success on the export market post war, making it one of the most exported light tank (second only to the Soviet era PT-76). By the 2040s, the Tigershark was beginning to show its age, and a replacement is in the works. Meanwhile, current units are undergoing a modernization with new armor, new ammunition for the main gun, and electronics.

Siege cannon: Most units put in reserve by the late 2030s as performance in GLA war was not as satisfactory as expected. However, with the situation at the Sino-Russo situation at the Far East brewing there is a possibility of reactivation. No known export... At least, none that has been confirmed.

Phoenix bomber: All units (~40) are in active service, current location unknown. No known export.

Shatterer: All units retired by the early 2030s due to maintenance cost and complexity of the machines themselves. No export was ever made as congress does not want state-of-the-art technology to be in the hands of any foreign power.

I'll get around to organize all this (as well as fixing the errors in lore, and add in other thing, and fix the worst spelling/grammar mistakes)... someday.

And yes I know that Shockwave is not in the same timeline as Rise of the Reds. I said as much in the beginning. I just feel the need to make up some stuff for fun (as well as improving my typing skills at the same time).

--------------------

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 13 May 2013, 17:07
Post #8

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

Units from General Ironside: The force commanded by Ironside was supposed to be the prototype for a secret UN force called the USGDI, however, due to the lack of relevancy (and more importantly, funding) of the UN following the aftermath of the GLA war the USGDI was never materialized...

So they have never existed? Or scrapped?

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
Genmotty
post 13 May 2013, 17:14
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 523

QUOTE (Kalga @ 13 May 2013, 15:16) *
Shatterer: All units retired by the early 2030s due to maintenance cost and complexity of the machines themselves. No export was ever made as congress does not want state-of-the-art technology to be in the hands of any foreign power.

According to the Chinese Supersearch Browser Baidu, (traffic analysis and funds division) meta keyword traffic based on lead in threads, suggests a geographical intensity node in and around the artic ocean and greenland webservers.

ECA Atmospheric research units in Norway and Iceland also concur with strange distortions in the ionspheric plasmas.

The (in)famous ex-politician conspiracy theorist 'Bojo' claims to have read British Cabinet meeting minuets refering to an american secret 'AB1' location which he claims stands for 'Arctic Base 1'. The Pentagon denies all knowledge of such documents or locations. European astronauts however claim to have thermal imagery of a 'spider web like structure' in/on the Greenland ice sheet, however have been unable to reproduce result through 3rd parties in Russia or China.

+Quote Post
Darkfire Angel
post 13 May 2013, 22:28
Post #10

Vampire Zombie Ninja Pirate Viking Samurai Monkey
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 59
Projects: Deep Impact

Right I may as well give this a shot:

Plasma Tomahawk, Plasma Avenger: Despite the outstanding performance by these two units in combat they were deemed overly engineered and beyond the requirements of the military for the foreseeable future. In an attempt to recoup the cost of the advanced plasma research designs were sold to a number of commercial interests. Plasma cutting tools see use in a large number of heavy industries in the NAU, a deciding factor in the rapid industrial turn around for the alliance.

Enforcer Tank: Like much of General Alexanders experimental developments the Enforcer tank ended up being a glass cannon, it's power requirements and frequent accidents involving controlled plasma discharges had already reduced funding for the project, but it was the deadly long term effects that the revolutionary teleport system that finally sealed the fate for this project. Rumors, even after a decade, still persist of enforcers appearing at test facilities with crew that believe that no time has passed since they activated the system or worse; stricken with advanced and untreatable tumors. Research into a safe, and reliable teleportation system remains underway but out of the hands of the military.

Laser Stealth Fighter: With a limited production run and advances in stealth detection systems this radical unit has seen limited action as a support aircraft when heavier fire support was deemed overkill. With the introduction of the Hunter Killer drone as a standard asset it has been suggested that the unit be bought back into production as a drone.

Acolyte Drone: Mexico saw a massive surge in cartels as the US pulled support to deal with internal issues, and patrolling the weakened border was nearly impossible with the man power available. The Acolyte drone had previously proven itself as an effective deterrent against the light vehicles and infantry of the GLA so was licensed out for a limited period in order to support both USA and Mexican police forces. Though the power of the cartels has been efficiently dealt with they still remain active, and the Acolyte drone still see action along the border and in the mountainous terrain favored by smugglers.

Decoy Drone: All departments of the USA government and military deny the existence of this unit or it's alleged holographic projection system. Prior to it's closure Milileaks posted documents detailing a modified drone equipped with high powered sniper rifles being deployed into central Africa in order to destabilize the GLA forces in control of the area.

LOSAT Humvee: This vehicles deployment during the 2nd GLA conflict was really just a last ditch effort to prove the worth of the system. Deemed a failure with limited value it was quickly taken off the budget and the part recycled into production.

Modular Defense System: Phased out due to the difficulty in maintaining the system. This once promising series of defensive structures remains a popular topic of discussion in military forums with many fans coming up with variants. Russia still denies that they stole the plans and modified them for their own generation of static defenses, but experts have noticed that a curiously similar attachment and reloading system.

Hellstorm Cannon: While the majority of General Leangs projects were an cluster fuck of America, European, Chinese and GLA tech her artillery systems especially the Hellstorm cannon was a step forward for the PLA. Fully automated and fully automatic the Hellstorm provided efficient long range support for bases without the need for dedicated artillery divisions. Numerous emplacements are in place near the Russian/Chinese border (China denies having Hellstorms constructed near the North Korean border as a final solution to refugees from the failed state. Satellite scans of the area indicate a number of abandoned sites that bear the distinctive foundations of the cannon mount.)

Grinder Artillery: The Grinder artillery saw action during the PLA's attack on pirate enclaves in Africa. With their opponents having little to no heavy vehicles, the flechette shells were a considered the humane alternative to traditional napalm and HE shells employed by Chinese forces.

White Napalm: Publically the Chinese military has denounced the use of this highly toxic variant of napalm and makes many displays of their environmentally "safe" black and regular napalm. In reality it is an open secret that the large stock pile of this chemical was never destroyed, various half hearted excuses have been put forward as to why not. Many fear that the upper command are simply looking for an excuse to use it, possibly against Russia in a first strike attack.

Beetle Targeting system: Overly engineered and beyond the skills of of regular PLA engineers to maintain this system was scrapped wholesale. Most parts were simply refitted to conventional targeting systems and the advanced AI was integrated into Chinese gatling systems.

Support Troop Crawler: Changes in Chinese military policy, which introduced basic medical and engineering training to all PLA members enabling them to do their own field repairs and first aid without needing dedicated support staff, has seen this unit mainly delegated to Africa as support for local auxiliary forces.

SSNR Shells: A closely guarded secret the PLA maintain a limited stockpile of these highly destructive shells. Limited information indicates that despite his fondness for not using convential payloads in his weapons systems the General Mau does not in fact have access to this weapon.

--------------------
1991-2009 Commander JB. Gone but never forgotten.

For King and Country.

+Quote Post
Arcus2611
post 14 May 2013, 0:19
Post #11

Group Icon

I think trying to jam any of Alexander's stuff into the RotR lore, especially the Enforcer (EDIT: or more importantly the tech), is a bad idea. I think RotR is meant to be semi-realistic futuristic, not batshit insane Area 51 UFO high tech like Alexander was. And I think Leang was too busy screwing around with particle accelerators, tunnel networks and faux M16s to develop any (or most) of the stuff you see in her ShW arsenal.

But, some ideas:

Beetle Targeting Computer: Now standard for all gatling weapons (the Gatling tank did receive an update). One of the worthwhile things Leang did develop.

Enforcer: There was a black R&D project into teleportation tech, but it got cancelled because it was a massive money sink and didn't produce anything worthwhile. Besides, you know, the US economy imploded.

Mammoth tank: Someone tried to build a counterpart to the Overlord. Then the USA decided a superheavy tank wasn't fitting of their doctrine.

Berserker: PLA Marine Corps, with some upgrades to keep it modern.

This post has been edited by Arcus2611: 14 May 2013, 2:05

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 14 May 2013, 0:24
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE (Arcus2611 @ 13 May 2013, 20:19) *
I think trying to jam any of Alexander's stuff into the RotR lore, especially the Enforcer, is a bad idea. I think RotR is meant to be semi-realistic futuristic, not batshit insane Area 51 UFO high tech like Alexander was. And I think Leang was too busy screwing around with particle accelerators, tunnel networks and faux M16s to develop any (or most) of the stuff you see in her ShW arsenal.

But, some ideas:

Beetle Targeting Computer: Now standard for all gatling weapons (the Gatling tank did receive an update)

Enforcer: Black R&D project that got cancelled because it was a massive money sink and didn't produce anything worthwhile besides. You know, the US economy imploded.

Mammoth tank: Someone tried to build a counterpart to the Overlord. Then the USA decided a superheavy tank wasn't fitting of their doctrine.

Berserker: PLA Marine Corps, with some upgrades to keep it modern.

The best so far! serious.gif

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
Kalga
post 14 May 2013, 1:57
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE (MARS @ 13 May 2013, 1:19) *
The Warmaster and the Ravage do have a very Russian vibe to them. Not sure if they were based on the T-80/90 and T-64 back in the day, but in that case, one might explain their disappearance as the result of some joint Sino-Russian hardware exchange programme getting terminated due to the split that occured between Moscow and Beijing after Suvorov took over.

Guess this is the best place to elaborate on what happened to the Ravage tank and Warmaster tanks.

Ravage tank and Warmaster tank: The fruits of the (short lived) Sino-Russo pact of the early 21th century, both tanks represent the fusion of the best of both worlds in terms of firepower, armor protection, and ease of production. After the withdraw of Russian assistance following the rise of Suvorov production of both types stopped due to lack of expertise (there were rumors of sabotage but no evidence was ever found). All remaining units are stationed in the Beijing military district. Currently undergoing a series of modernization (that might involve western technology acquired through the (equally short lived) Pacific Peace Alliance...), they are considered the elite of PLA's MBT armor divisions (the Overlord tank is considered to be a heavy tank). The lessons learned for the performance of these tanks were later incorporated into the current generation of Russian MBT such as the Kodiak tank.

--------------------

+Quote Post
foxhoundx7
post 14 May 2013, 4:33
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 9672

What About All Shockwave Units From All GLA Generals Like The Scarab Tank. Mantis Tank. Cobra Tank. Basilisk Tank. Chameleon Tank. Topol-M. Frog-7. Scourge. etc

What About Kwais Reaper Tank.The MIG Bomber.Chinese Tiger Helicopter. Leangs Blackshark Helicopter. etc

+Quote Post
MARS
post 14 May 2013, 5:47
Post #15

Group Icon

I'd say most of the GLA tech would actually be quite easy to explain. Most of them - aside from the most blatant WW2 relics, Topols and Basilisks - could be explained as a wild mix of foreign/period weapons that exist in the Middle East. There's Soviet/Russian tech, some Western tech and a lot of converted civilian vehicles. If the Global War On Terror really got as bad as the story suggested, we can assume that most of the Middle East simply turned into complete anarchy, leaving all the weapons of former state militaries available to the GLA. As for why most of these vehicles are gone by the time ROTR happens, well...the GLA used them and the US/China destroyed them and since the GLA didn't have any true industrial base to mass-manufacture them, their stockpiles of T-55s, T-72s, Luna missiles etc simply ran out eventually.

+Quote Post
Arcus2611
post 14 May 2013, 6:32
Post #16

Group Icon

QUOTE (foxhoundx7 @ 14 May 2013, 11:33) *
What About All Shockwave Units From All GLA Generals Like The Scarab Tank. Mantis Tank. Cobra Tank. Basilisk Tank. Chameleon Tank. Topol-M. Frog-7. Scourge. etc

What About Kwais Reaper Tank.The MIG Bomber.Chinese Tiger Helicopter. Leangs Blackshark Helicopter. etc

Here's what I have:

Scarab and Mantis: Nope.

Topol-M: In a daring raid, the GLA stole one of the most advanced missiles in the world - the Topol M. Of course, the Russians tightened security procedures and the GLA lacked the tech to replicate the Topol, but they did use the nuclear warhead to blow up Hamburg.

Cobra: Prince Kassad was a traitor, remember?

Basilisk: The prototype was stolen by the GLA. They still have it, but haven't done anything with it.

Katyusha: The Grad was better.

Blackshark: China procured a small fleet of Blacksharks in (insert date here), but after a rift developed between Russia and China sales of these helicopters stopped. The Blacksharks of General Mau's special weapons division have been replaced by the Han, but a few remain in service in other branches of the PLA.

Tiger: Retired from service in 2030. The Chinese did dump a few on the North Koreans, though.

And some others:

Decoy Drone: Expensive and ultimately not very useful, since most enemies weren't fooled by the holographic projections. Cancelled because the US needs the money for other things.

Soyuz Missile: The Baikonur Cosmodrome is no longer in GLA hands.

Frog-7: The GLA had a few examples, but these days it's difficult to acquire any more. Most of them have been blown up in airstrikes, too.

Scourge: The USA confiscated any weapons they could find when they levelled Dr Thrax's base.

Reaper Tank: It wasn't useful enough, so it got scrapped.

Hammer Cannon: Wat's that? I thought Leang was too busy trying to build a particle cannon.

Buratino: There were a few, and they were equipped with napalm missiles. Then Russia stopped selling weapons to the Chinese.

Other GLA stuff: Fell into disuse, or the few the GLA had got destroyed by stuff.

SA-2/Gadfly: Used to defend the GLA's most vital territories. But they don't get moved a lot, or at all, for that matter.

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 14 May 2013, 13:05
Post #17

Group Icon

Be imagined that terrorists could get hold of a Topol-M is already absurd, absurd even greater is trying to understand how they managed to use it without apparent logistical support of radars or satellites - the only plausible explanation for this is that everything is just a game. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 14 May 2013, 14:11
Post #18

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

What about the Temple of Gaia?

What of it?

Leeang before her retirement sold some of the sesmic technology to the europeans and vanished....The temples are still used today as temples...Most do not know the temples true face.....Still built apon servreal places in China.....It is unknown if this weapon shall ever be used again.

--------------------

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 14 May 2013, 14:17
Post #19

Group Icon

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 14 May 2013, 10:11) *

What of it?

Leeang before her retirement sold some of the sesmic technology to the europeans and vanished....The temples are still used today as temples...Most do not know the temples true face.....Still built apon servreal places in China.....It is unknown if this weapon shall ever be used again.

And legend has it that three beats on the gong is the secret code for "monks" initiate the protocols of war. mindfuck.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 16 May 2013, 0:49
Post #20

That person
Group Icon

Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

Personally, I would consider Ironside's units to be more of a "Homeland Defense" corps. They are powerful, but they are too slow and cumbersome to deploy against angry GLA insurgents, or in a limited strike operation (Like they are using against the Russians). But expect them on reserve in case the fight comes home.

Laser and Superweapon units, I would consider destroyed. The research bases in Europe were most likely the first bases attacked by the GLA (consider that these weapons would have incinerated them if they went into full production), and the cost of them was probably too much (they might have caused the ROTR economic crisis too).

Airforce General, probably just the expense of the King Raptor project. They already cut the main project out, why would they want to spend more on King Raptors?

This post has been edited by Generalcamo: 16 May 2013, 0:50

+Quote Post
foxhoundx7
post 18 May 2013, 9:49
Post #21

Group Icon

Member No.: 9672

Well Here are a Couple of Shockwave Units. Buildings and Upgrades. That Should Be Questioned or Explained.

1 Alexanders Robot Tank & Ironsides Predator Drone. These Two Could Be Canceled Prototypes Due To Cost. But The New Guardian Drone Could Have Been Based on Their Blueprints.

2 Townes Advanced Microwave Tank. General Bradley Might Have Stumbled Upon The Prototype. He Probably Used The Designs To Improve The Old Model.

3 Kwais Advanced ECM Tank. General Jin Probably Saw The Prototype and Used It To Create Banshee ECM Tank.

4 Dr Thraxs Scourge. Deathstrike Possibly Ordered Sulaymaan To Steal Some of The Launchers. But Leave The Missiles and Warheads Behind Right Before The Doctors Base Was Destroyed.
After Deathstrikes Death Warlord Sulaymaan Might Have Modified The Trucks to Use the Grad Rocket Launchers. He Could have Scrap The Katyushas and Loaded Their Rocket in The Grads.

5 Dr Thraxs Anthrax Gamma Toxins. Nerve Gas and Viral Weapons. Possibly Destroyed?

6 Taos Weapons Grade Uranium Shells and Fusion Reactors. Might Have Stopped Production Due To Cost or The Restriction Law on Neutron Weapons.

7 Kwais Emperor Overlord. Stopped Production Due To Security Reason. Since General Chen Is The Only One To Deploy Overlord Tanks. He Might Have One Emperor Tank For His Own Personal Use.
In Case Wants to Use it Personally To Lead His Army To Battle.

8 Taos Nuke Cannon. Stopped Production Due To The Ban on Neutron Weapons. General Mau Might Have Asked The Nuke General to Give Him The Cannon Designs To Improve the Old One.

9 Battlemaster Tank Variants. The Nuke Gen and The Tank Gen Versions?.

10 Comanche Gunship Variants. The Laser and The King Comanche?.

11 Helix Helicopter Variants. Nuclear. Assault. and Transport Versions?.

12 MIG Bomber and Its Nuclear Variant. Stopped Production Due To Cost and Restriction. The Hellfire MIG Could Be its Replacement. Since it Cost less Then its Predecessor
and it Uses Napalm Bombs Instead of EMP Bombs or Nuke Bombs.

13 Gattling Tank Variants. APC. Tank. and Dual Versions?.

14 Advanced Dragon Tank. Probably Left as a Prototype or Met the Same Fate as The White Napalm.

15 Kwais Industrial Plant. Somewhere in The Homeland Maybe?

16 Taos Advanced Nuclear Reactor and Nuclear Research Plant. Somewhere in The Capital? Chinese High Command Could have Based The New Breeder Reactor on The Nuclear Research Plant.

17 Ironsides Bradley APC. General Bradley Might Have Reassign Them To His Unit.

18 Ironsides Black Widow. Starlifter and F-16XL Bomber. Left as Prototypes Maybe?.

19 Juhziz Camel Vehicle. ZSU-57. BRDM-1. Demo Rocket Buggy. Demo Battle Bus. Demo RPG Trooper. Demo Terrorist. Demo Rebel. Fanatic. Demo Saboteur. Demo Angry Mob. All of Them Blown Up Maybe?.

20 Marauder Tank Variants. Toxin. Demo. Salvage Versions?.

21 Deathstrikes Scrap Yard. Mi-8 Hip. Desert Fly. BRDM-2. Krait. Latrun. Combat Buggy. Probably Left For Scraps By Sulaymaan?.

22 Quad Cannon Variants. Sniper and Tank Versions?.

23 Dr Thraxs Toxin Tractor. Python. Toxin Scorpion Tank. Toxin Technical. Toxin Rocket Buggy. Toxin Rebel. Toxin Grenadier. Toxin Terrorist. Toxin RPG Trooper. All Destroyed Maybe?.

24 Kassads Assassins. Rocket Snipers. Stealth Rebel. Stealth RPG Trooper. Stealth Hijacker. Fundamentalist. All of Them Killed Maybe?.

25 Mobile Demo Trap and Mobile Anti-Tank Gun?.

This post has been edited by foxhoundx7: 18 May 2013, 9:49

+Quote Post
HMS Warspite
post 18 May 2013, 11:27
Post #22

Queen Elizabeth-class Battleship
Group Icon

Member No.: 9874
Hello, Admire-ral!

QUOTE (foxhoundx7 @ 18 May 2013, 10:49) *
Well Here are a Couple of Shockwave Units. Buildings and Upgrades. That Should Be Questioned or Explained.

1 Alexanders Robot Tank & Ironsides Predator Drone. These Two Could Be Canceled Prototypes Due To Cost. But The New Guardian Drone Could Have Been Based on Their Blueprints. - Could be true, since the Guardian Drone resembles the Predator and Robot Tank

2 Townes Advanced Microwave Tank. General Bradley Might Have Stumbled Upon The Prototype. He Probably Used The Designs To Improve The Old Model. - Possibly

3 Kwais Advanced ECM Tank. General Jin Probably Saw The Prototype and Used It To Create Banshee ECM Tank. - Most likely

4 Dr Thraxs Scourge. Deathstrike Possibly Ordered Sulaymaan To Steal Some of The Launchers. But Leave The Missiles and Warheads Behind Right Before The Doctors Base Was Destroyed.
After Deathstrikes Death Warlord Sulaymaan Might Have Modified The Trucks to Use the Grad Rocket Launchers. He Could have Scrap The Katyushas and Loaded Their Rocket in The Grads. - That is a pretty accurate theory in my book, since the GLA are good mechanics.

5 Dr Thraxs Anthrax Gamma Toxins. Nerve Gas and Viral Weapons. Possibly Destroyed? - Maybe. The Anthrax Gamma could have been restored by Tahar "Frenchman" Ibrahiim, but not the rest.

6 Taos Weapons Grade Uranium Shells and Fusion Reactors. Might Have Stopped Production Due To Cost or The Restriction Law on Neutron Weapons. - Cost, yes, but neutron ban? Questionable. How do Fusion Reactors have something to do with Enhanced Radiation Weapons? WG-Uranium Shells may do.

7 Kwais Emperor Overlord. Stopped Production Due To Security Reason. Since General Chen Is The Only One To Deploy Overlord Tanks. He Might Have One Emperor Tank For His Own Personal Use.
In Case Wants to Use it Personally To Lead His Army To Battle. - Maybe so, but I think many of them were either sold (either as scrap metal or in whole) or scrapped for production of newer tanks. They could have stopped production and sold/scrapped other units due to a change in military doctrine.

8 Taos Nuke Cannon. Stopped Production Due To The Ban on Neutron Weapons. General Mau Might Have Asked The Nuke General to Give Him The Cannon Designs To Improve the Old One. - Maybe...

9 Battlemaster Tank Variants. The Nuke Gen and The Tank Gen Versions?. - Scrapped altogether. Tao's variants due to, as you said, the ban on neutron weapons, and Kwai's variant, sold/scrapped due to costs or change in military doctrine. Either that or used as models to upgrade the Battlemaster, although they ditched the autoloaders.

10 Comanche Gunship Variants. The Laser and The King Comanche?. - Scrapped due to costs.

11 Helix Helicopter Variants. Nuclear. Assault. and Transport Versions?. - All scrapped due to costs (although the Nuke was because of the nuke ban)

12 MIG Bomber and Its Nuclear Variant. Stopped Production Due To Cost and Restriction. The Hellfire MIG Could Be its Replacement. Since it Cost less Then its Predecessor
and it Uses Napalm Bombs Instead of EMP Bombs or Nuke Bombs. - Maybe so.

13 Gattling Tank Variants. APC. Tank. and Dual Versions?. - Scrapped due to costs and restrictions,

14 Advanced Dragon Tank. Probably Left as a Prototype or Met the Same Fate as The White Napalm. - Yep, probably.

15 Kwais Industrial Plant. Somewhere in The Homeland Maybe? - I think so...

16 Taos Advanced Nuclear Reactor and Nuclear Research Plant. Somewhere in The Capital? Chinese High Command Could have Based The New Breeder Reactor on The Nuclear Research Plant. - Most logical explanation

17 Ironsides Bradley APC. General Bradley Might Have Reassign Them To His Unit. - Yes, yes he most probably did.

18 Ironsides Black Widow. Starlifter and F-16XL Bomber. Left as Prototypes Maybe?. - Scrapped for F-22, Osprey and F-117s, respectively, due to cost,maybe?

19 Juhziz Camel Vehicle. ZSU-57. BRDM-1. Demo Rocket Buggy. Demo Battle Bus. Demo RPG Trooper. Demo Terrorist. Demo Rebel. Fanatic. Demo Saboteur. Demo Angry Mob. All of Them Blown Up Maybe?. - LOL. I think scrapped for upgrades.

20 Marauder Tank Variants. Toxin. Demo. Salvage Versions?. - Most probably scrapped for Sulaymaan.

21 Deathstrikes Scrap Yard. Mi-8 Hip. Desert Fly. BRDM-2. Krait. Latrun. Combat Buggy. Probably Left For Scraps By Sulaymaan?. - They probably were.

22 Quad Cannon Variants. Sniper and Tank Versions?. - Maybe scrapped.

23 Dr Thraxs Toxin Tractor. Python. Toxin Scorpion Tank. Toxin Technical. Toxin Rocket Buggy. Toxin Rebel. Toxin Grenadier. Toxin Terrorist. Toxin RPG Trooper. All Destroyed Maybe?. - Most possibly, when the USA invaded Thrax's lab. Maybe recovered by Ibrahiim.

24 Kassads Assassins. Rocket Snipers. Stealth Rebel. Stealth RPG Trooper. Stealth Hijacker. Fundamentalist. All of Them Killed Maybe?. - Maybe, since Kassad was possibly killed by Sulaymaan.

25 Mobile Demo Trap and Mobile Anti-Tank Gun?. - Probably scrapped for Sulaymaan.

My 2 cents

+Quote Post
MARS
post 18 May 2013, 13:46
Post #23

Group Icon

Little reminder btw: Anthrax Gamma is most likely scrapped and won't be making a return for Ibrahiim either. He'll probably be the only one who gets Anthrax Beta. We simply deemed it silly to have a regular and a special version of an upgrade which still fundamentally do the same thing and Beta is already enough of an infantry overkill as it is.

+Quote Post
Shockwavelover84
post 19 May 2013, 18:58
Post #24

Group Icon

Member No.: 8901

QUOTE (Kalga @ 12 May 2013, 19:23) *
Since a lot of people (including me) have tried (and thankfully failed) to convince SWR Production to add some Shockwave units into more factions in ROTR I thought it would be interesting to make up some stories as to why we don't get to see the Shockwave units in ROTR...

I like those ideas you came up with. I don't think the team should add Shw units to the game itself (because this would harm the originality), though a few bits of trivia in the old Generals' bios referencing some of their more unique units or technology would still be interesting.

Some though (ex. Townes' and Alexanders' high-tech units, Tao's nuclear and radioactive units, etc) would have been highly experimental and costly and would have likely never seen real combat, that's why you wouldn't see those.

Others like the Chinook or the Patriot defense system may have just been retired from service and replaced with something more efficient (ex. the Osprey, the Protector, etc).

Others may still exist in the countries' arsenals but be in limited service and not deployed to the conflict in ROTR.

I do like some of these vehicle-related explanations though. Not saying that I'd consider them canon - because ShW simply didn't happen in the ROTR timeline

Well nothing really "happened" in Shockwave at all, unless you count the Generals' Challenge (which is obviously not canonical at all).

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 14 May 2013, 14:11) *

Likely would have just been one of Leang's prototype weapons and never saw actual combat. I believe that "Earth Shaker Cannon" was the proper name, so "Temple of Gaia" could have just been a codeword, kind of like "Manhattan Project.

This post has been edited by Shockwavelover84: 19 May 2013, 19:16

+Quote Post
Shockwavelover84
post 19 May 2013, 19:44
Post #25

Group Icon

Member No.: 8901

In summary the Shockwave units could be explained as falling into either:

1. Prototype units/weapons that may have never made it out of R&D or seen actual combat, and likely cost way too much for mass production, or were deemed too dangerous or unstable for mass production.

Examples: Enforcer, Shatterer, Lockdown, EMP Patriot, Robot Tank, Mammoth Tank, Railgun Artillery, Wraith Tank, Predator Drone, Reaper Tank, Emperor Overlord, Phoenix Bomber, Anvil Tank, Hammer Cannon, Berzerker, Temple of Gaia, most of Townes' laser weapons, most of Tao's nuclear-armed weapons, most of Alexander's plasma weapons, etc

2. May have simply been retired, or replaced with something more efficient, or still in limited service but not deployed to the warzone in ROTR.

Examples: Regular Crusader, Chinook, Black Shark (Leang), Buratino, Patriot, regular ECM tank, etc

3. As Mars mentioned the GLA does not have any 'real army' or weapons manufacturers, so they just use whatever they can get their hands on, and may not have access to all the same weapons that they had in the first conflict. Some stuff like the Topol-M isn't something that they could just purchase from an arms dealer either - if Juhziz managed to acquire a Topol-M launcher, then that like would have been the only one the GLA ever got their hands on.

Examples: Scarab/Mantis tanks, older Scorpion designs, Desert Fly, Hip Gunships most of Deathstrike's unique stuff.

This post has been edited by Shockwavelover84: 19 May 2013, 19:45

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 April 2024 - 4:39