IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Is there going to be a Challenger tank in 2.0?
ubermensche
post 4 Apr 2013, 2:48
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9573

I've been re-reading the lore of the ROTR universe lately and I noticed some references to the presence of the British Challenger tank.

First of all, during the battle of Ramsgate, it is a squadron of Challengers that manage to save the day against General Alexander's shock troopers.

Second, in the ModDB description of the Mortar Track, it says that the Mortar Track operates "alongside a new model of Britain's time-tested Challenger tank."

So does this mean that General Cutting will exclusively have a Chally 3 in 2.0?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 4 Apr 2013, 3:06
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

You should re-read comments in that update,since many of us asked that question,
they have answered positively,meaning that C3 will make appearance,although they
are short on info about it since it is still in the making.
It was also revealed that Charles will utilise Sniper Infantry,exclusive just to him.

+Quote Post
CoLT
post 4 Apr 2013, 3:07
Post #3

C&C:Reichsmarsch Mod Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 9264

Not ruling anything out but this sounds like something that will not be answered so soon yet. Seems likely, though smile.gif

This post has been edited by CoLT: 4 Apr 2013, 3:07

--------------------

Visit our ModDB

+Quote Post
TheCeLL
post 4 Apr 2013, 3:29
Post #4

Dangerous Eukaryote
Group Icon

Member No.: 9173
More awesome than an imploding star and a burning car combined

I asked a similar question some time ago
You can read the thread here

There is a bit of useless spam there (and some suspentions too happy.gif ), but that might help with your question

This post has been edited by InsurgentCell: 4 Apr 2013, 3:31

--------------------

+Quote Post
Genmotty
post 4 Apr 2013, 11:35
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 523

It better be!

Personally I'd love to see it be a re-incarnation of the Mirage Tank from RA but ROTR'ified, given that Britian today has been working on stealthing our tanks, and with Charles 'support general' nature a 'sniper tank' in that sense could be a more welcome addition, than a frontline 'in your face' kinda tank which there are many of already. Plus it matches well with British historical tendancy to have a rifled tank barrel, rather than a smoothbore.

+Quote Post
melaw
post 4 Apr 2013, 15:29
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 9740

Makes me remember... Good old British sniper IFVs from RA2

--------------------
DEMAND combat cycle nukeneers!

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 4 Apr 2013, 16:59
Post #7

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

Well, what do we have there?

Orlov's Marksman Spetsnaz, Thorn's Pathfinder, Charles Unknown Sniper who'll also act as an artillery spotter......

May be Yusuuf will have something like Kassad's Assasin in SW as well, that will surely fit his tactic.

Only China is unknown...May be 1 of them will get a sniper, or neither any of them.

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 4 Apr 2013, 18:15
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 4 Apr 2013, 17:59) *
Well, what do we have there?

Orlov's Marksman Spetsnaz, Thorn's Pathfinder, Charles Unknown Sniper who'll also act as an artillery spotter......

May be Yusuuf will have something like Kassad's Assasin in SW as well, that will surely fit his tactic.

Only China is unknown...May be 1 of them will get a sniper, or neither any of them.

Well I would be surely delighted if one GLA general would have Snipers,
but their hero is a sniper himself so I'm not sure that will come to fruition.
I heard earlier that Orlov will have Marksman infantry,that sounds cool,
it would be awesome if some Chinese General would also have their own Sniper or Marksman infantry.

+Quote Post
Pepo
post 4 Apr 2013, 20:49
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 9862

It can be interesting if all factions have one general with snipers.also it would make sniper figths FAR more commom

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 4 Apr 2013, 21:14
Post #10

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2
Projects: SWR Productions

We've already confirmed this. I8.gif

Commencing nullification of 'SQUEE' sound emissions.

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 4 Apr 2013, 21:22
Post #11

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

See heres the question;

Jauger is already a sniper,yet theres a unit sniper other then him in the game Pathfinders...Then theres jarmen
Pathfinders may not reveal themselves while firing or kill any infantry in one hit (Other then shocktroopers I think)

But Jarmen and pathfinders can be stealthed inside buildings making urban combat a pain in the ass....

As for GLA having snipers

If Im not mistaken all factions will have grads, so theres no real use....Stealthy GLA seems like a past old dream of what it seems
*sighs*

Maybe Im wrong, maybe the future will bring better and more things

For china It would be a bit "Odd" Because Chinas the Overkill aoe type of faction....With lots of numbers

Still how would sniper fights be fun?

Radarscans from each side
Boom headshots flying left and right,
Who ever wont focus fire and micro will win but all in a second or two.One hitting combat isnt that fun....

Ask the sentineal and the technical.... biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 4 Apr 2013, 22:08
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 4 Apr 2013, 22:22) *
If Im not mistaken all factions will have grads, so theres no real use....

I think that you are wrong,GRAD would be exclusive to
GLA boss General,even his tactics description says "overwhelming brutality",
and all of us can agree that GRADs are pretty brutal.

+Quote Post
Pepo
post 4 Apr 2013, 22:08
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 9862

What i mean is getting shot by a sniper and trying to locate it.normally in zh only gla(with only one sniper) and usa can do it.in Shw it is more common,has kassad have then.is fun to locate a sniper and the second afetr being shot by one of yours

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 4 Apr 2013, 22:31
Post #14

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

QUOTE (Re_Simeone @ 4 Apr 2013, 22:08) *
I think that you are wrong,GRAD would be exclusive to
GLA boss General,even his tactics description says "overwhelming brutality",
and all of us can agree that GRADs are pretty brutal.

Well erm.....Let me correct it then; Only the new Toxin General doesnt get grads :/

See This link

Ibrahim gets scuds wich I cant complain about, I love the Scud tunnel popage biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Pepo @ 4 Apr 2013, 22:08) *
What i mean is getting shot by a sniper and trying to locate it.normally in zh only gla(with only one sniper) and usa can do it.in Shw it is more common,has kassad have then.is fun to locate a sniper and the second afetr being shot by one of yours

You mean like a manhunt with no stealth detection wich does sound fun, but the Team is trying to create the mod to ensure each faction has branch that its good in.
USA has the best versatile aircraft with its cobra and raptors,
Yet Russians have it more dedicated IF unlocked.Berkuts can easily match a raptor in a duel but they cannot kill a tank in one run,

So to say Even if it is fun,Its not going to be quite common and shortlived for someone will instantly send a hind with a conscript or a sentry drone to ruin the mysterious shadowy stealth gameplay we all enjoy at times.Plus most/all of the units/powers/upgrades should have already been decided and only await for execution modeling voice acting etc.I doubt they will be able to fit the idea even if they like it due to the unit cap and stuff being exeeded.Sage will be Sage sleep.gif

Oh and MARS's great lore too biggrin.gif
Cheers mate beer1.gif Your awsome....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Joe Kidd
post 5 Apr 2013, 1:33
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 9606

On the subject of the different generals MBTs

Will Orlov get the rhino instead ofthe kodiak as his MBT?

It would fit his playstyle to have good infantry and helis but a nerfed tank force

--------------------

"You can't kill the Messiah..."

+Quote Post
ubermensche
post 5 Apr 2013, 2:01
Post #16

Group Icon

Member No.: 9573

QUOTE (Comr4de @ 4 Apr 2013, 16:14) *
We've already confirmed this. I8.gif

Alright, great! Chally's one of my favorite tanks.

+Quote Post
MARS
post 5 Apr 2013, 5:54
Post #17

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

QUOTE (Joe Kidd @ 5 Apr 2013, 2:33) *
On the subject of the different generals MBTs

Will Orlov get the rhino instead ofthe kodiak as his MBT?

It would fit his playstyle to have good infantry and helis but a nerfed tank force

We don't follow that silly ZH-esque 'if it falls outside a Generals speciality, it should suck' school of thought. We either give them something unique that is in some way better than the standard unit or we give them the standard unit, simple as that. Also, if Orlov had a unique MBT, Zhukov would suddenly be the only one who gets a regular Kodiak which'd be a violation of the '1 out of 3' rule.

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 5 Apr 2013, 6:16
Post #18

Guardsman
Group Icon

Some question regarding the vehicle drop....

Will it be exclusive to Orlov?

Don't you think it's better to have an umanned MTP4 to be air-dropped along?

Will any other general get another kind of tank drop ability, without the need of sending an infantry inside?

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
MARS
post 5 Apr 2013, 7:02
Post #19

Group Icon

The Vehicle Drop power will be available to all Russian Generals. The unique thing about it is not the fact that the stuff is airdropped, but the fact that it uses old Russian vehicles from Cold War stockpiles, a thing that all Generals would appreciate. Also, we are indeed planning on adding a third type of vehicle to the drop but it's not gonna be an MTP4.

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 5 Apr 2013, 10:33
Post #20

Group Icon

Member No.: 8905
Loves guessing games

Wonder when the next update with new, original gen exclusive units are coming.
QUOTE (MARS @ 5 Apr 2013, 10:54) *
We don't follow that silly ZH-esque 'if it falls outside a Generals speciality, it should suck' school of thought. We either give them something unique that is in some way better than the standard unit or we give them the standard unit, simple as that. Also, if Orlov had a unique MBT, Zhukov would suddenly be the only one who gets a regular Kodiak which'd be a violation of the '1 out of 3' rule.

Oh wait. The proud, famous ground forces of 20th Guards Army use the regular Kodiak?

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 5 Apr 2013, 10:38
Post #21

Guardsman
Group Icon

Well, we have spetsnaz commander, SS leader......Would be right to have a regular army general.

That was expected, since Zhukov don't rely on tanks but artillery to win the day.

This post has been edited by X1Destroy: 5 Apr 2013, 10:41

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 5 Apr 2013, 11:11
Post #22

Group Icon

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 4 Apr 2013, 23:31) *
Well erm.....Let me correct it then; Only the new Toxin General doesnt get grads :/

See This link

Ibrahim gets scuds wich I cant complain about, I love the Scud tunnel popage biggrin.gif

My bad . . . I forgot that . . . Still wait to see how Sulaymaan is more "Brutal" than his GLA colleagues . . .

QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 5 Apr 2013, 11:38) *
Well, we have spetsnaz commander, SS leader......Would be right to have a regular army general.

That was expected, since Zhukov don't rely on tanks but artillery to win the day.

Aren't you little tired of it ? Since you can consider vanilla Russia as a regular army General . . .
I am for sure.

+Quote Post
MARS
post 5 Apr 2013, 11:24
Post #23

Group Icon

QUOTE (SpiralSpectre @ 5 Apr 2013, 11:33) *
Wonder when the next update with new, original gen exclusive units are coming.

Oh wait. The proud, famous ground forces of 20th Guards Army use the regular Kodiak?

Why, yes of course. It's not like the Kodiak is a bad tank by any standard. After all, it's basically a modernised T-80, complete with a good gun, good armour and those useful smoke grenades. Seems perfectly all right as an MBT for Zhukov (and Orlov). Russia has an intentional Cold War look to it but it has never been stated anywhere that their vehicles are overhyped gutter trash.

QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 5 Apr 2013, 11:38) *

Not entirely accurate. ALL Russian Generals rely on tanks to win the day - or heck, all factions to some degree. Zhukov is basically designed as a Russian Cold War General sans nukes, which is to say that he's got all the cool Russian ground vehicles in addition to special artillery units based on rockets, missiles and thermobarics to multiply his raw destructive power. His unique replacement for the S-300, the Tor, fits this theme as well, as it is more mobile and thus able to keep up with his tank formations while protecting them on the move.

Basically, considering Aleksandr's role in the story, he had to be the one with a unique MBT. His AWRD Corps has by now been established as a kind of 7th branch of the Russian armed forces slash semi-independent paramilitary force, so if there's anyone who deserves to have a non-standard MBT, it'd be this guy.

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 5 Apr 2013, 11:29
Post #24

Group Icon

Member No.: 8905
Loves guessing games

On second thought his tactics is area bombardment, not strictly arty. So he can easily cover his tactics by slapping missiles on tanks Juhziz style or getting arty-tank hybrids Sherman Calliope style. So many possibilities...

Again even his gen pic has a pair of tanks behind his image. Not to mention even if he gets base Kodiak there is always room for more.
QUOTE (Re_Simeone @ 5 Apr 2013, 16:11) *
My bad . . . I forgot that . . . Still wait to see how Sulaymaan is more "Brutal" than his GLA colleagues . . .

Maybe heavier versions of base GLA units like Deathstrike from ShW?

This post has been edited by SpiralSpectre: 5 Apr 2013, 11:30

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 5 Apr 2013, 11:39
Post #25

Guardsman
Group Icon

Aren't you little tired of it ? Since you can consider vanilla Russia as a regular army General . . .
I am for sure.

Well, you're right. But not really true, as we know only Aleksandr can use shock troopers and tesla weapons, while currently the vanilla side can.

Not entirely accurate. ALL Russian Generals rely on tanks to win the day - or heck, all factions to some degree. Zhukov is basically designed as a Russian Cold War General sans nukes, which is to say that he's got all the cool Russian ground vehicles in addition to special artillery units based on rockets, missiles and thermobarics to multiply his raw destructive power. His unique replacement for the S-300, the Tor, fits this theme as well, as it is more mobile and thus able to keep up with his tank formations while protecting them on the move.

Well, for some unknown reason I recently like to use tanks as nothing more than a shield to stop gattling cannons while sending a tons of VDVs and conscripts into the fray and have my groups of MSTA bury the enemies biggrin.gif

And not a single sentinel was used laugh.gif

Basically, considering Aleksandr's role in the story, he had to be the one with a unique MBT. His AWRD Corps has by now been established as a kind of 7th branch of the Russian armed forces slash semi-independent paramilitary force, so if there's anyone who deserves to have a non-standard MBT, it'd be this guy.

If it wasn't for the 2 out of 3 rule, I would say the Rhino fit Orlov's tactic perfectly. But It's true that Aleksandr deserves a unique MBT, which fit the story very well.

This post has been edited by X1Destroy: 5 Apr 2013, 11:42

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31 May 2024 - 9:06