GeneralCamo
post 25 Jan 2016, 15:12
Post #1

That person
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

Hey Everyone! Many of you know me for being active in the ROTR community and working on Shockwave. What some of you do not know however is that I also work with a community of people who build mods for the w3d engine, specifically the one used by Renegade.

We very recently had a major release of Red Alert: A Path Beyond (Red Alert 1 converted to an FPS essentially), which recently split over from another community (kind-of like how SWR split from Fallout all those years ago). I know some people here play these mods already, but for those of you who do not, here is a quick feature list.
  • Steamroll over Europe with the high-powered arsenal of the Soviets or repel the invasion with the technological superiority and cunning of the Allied Forces in a team-based FPS inspired by Westwood Studios' hit real-time strategy game, C&C Red Alert.
  • Wage warfare on the land and in air with units ranging from Mammoth Tanks and Chinooks to Phase Tanks and Longbows.
  • Pacifist? Repair your base as an Engineer, support the war effort as a Medic or Mechanic, or infiltrate the enemy stronghold and steal intelligence or assets with Spies and Thieves.
  • Classic C&C economy management comes into play, giving players the choice on what character classes and military hardware they want to bring to the fight. Early infantry skirmishes give way to full combined-arms conflict, with high-tech war vehicles including the stealthy Phase Tank, nuclear Demolition Truck, and high-voltage Tesla Tank!

And a trailer:

If you all wish to download and play a few games (you may see me in-game occasionally too!), then click on this download link and download our very handy launcher. And did I mention it is 100% FREE AND STANDALONE?

This post has been edited by Generalcamo: 25 Jan 2016, 17:13
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TimeBurner
post 25 Jan 2016, 15:25
Post #2

Motherland's Finest
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10454
"We have watched, we have waited, now... we act!"

Oh nice! I bookmarked the moddb page and used some of the 3d models there as reference for low poly models. Sadly,I have motion sickness and can't play any FPS/RPG games.

Great work!

--------------------

+Quote Post
M.P
post 25 Jan 2016, 16:47
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10559

Is this a standalone game?

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 25 Jan 2016, 17:12
Post #4

That person
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

Yes, it is a standalone game. Should have mentioned that in the description.

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 25 Jan 2016, 21:00
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10811
Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

o wow, time to dl and install

--------------------

+Quote Post
Purple
post 14 Dec 2016, 20:34
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 13498

What are the system requirements for this thing?

EDIT: Apologies. Did not see the thread title date. Would delete post if I could.

This post has been edited by Purple: 14 Dec 2016, 20:37

--------------------
Things I like:
- Tank blobs.
- Infantry blobs.
- BMP.

Things I dislike:
- Aggressive amounts of micromanagement.
- Superweapon whack-a-mole.

+Quote Post
Gracia
post 14 Dec 2016, 20:48
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 10907

As far as am I aware, if your machine can run Generals then you'll run this. It's still based on Renegade's W3D so it's unlikely to be anything too demanding. The newer graphics are shiny but many improvements were done on the backend and the maps are properly optimised and ViS enabled this time around. Give it a try!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 16:29