Closed TopicStart new topic
Rise of the Reds Update: Red Aviation
MARS
post 22 Oct 2013, 18:35
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

In today's little update, we want to show you some more model and texture revisions. This time, you'll get a look at the new Russian Airfield, the Mi-40 Hunchback assault transport and the Mi-26 Halo cargo helicopter.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 22 Oct 2013, 18:51
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9540

Ah! Just as I checked in, a new update arrived! Beutiful models yet again! Although, I can't see the difference in the Hunchback?

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 22 Oct 2013, 18:54
Post #3

Group Icon

Old Hunchback render for comparison:

We basically smoothed out some of the rough edges and added a sharper texture to it.

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 22 Oct 2013, 18:56
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

This new Airfield is so beautiful ! Also very convincing compared to old one,
and Helicopter skins are way better.Any chance of Su-25s and Boris' MiGs getting new skins ?

+Quote Post
MARS
post 22 Oct 2013, 18:59
Post #5

Group Icon

Boris' MiG-45 doesn't really need an improvement as it is quite rare anyway. Can't comment on the Su-25 right now because we're actually in the process of testing some major changes to Russian aircraft and helicopters.

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 22 Oct 2013, 19:03
Post #6

Group Icon

Well I've just asked about textures... 8I.gif

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 22 Oct 2013, 19:10
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

I liked the new Airfield, seems more real, the textures of Halo also became more beautiful. Good work.

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
Panzer4life
post 22 Oct 2013, 19:23
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 8935

Nice update, really looking forward to the update. So what are the major changes coming to the Red Army airforce, are we getting a new bomber to replace the frogfoot? sad.gif

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 22 Oct 2013, 19:40
Post #9

I fits I sits
Group Icon

Member No.: 1107

That new Russian Air-field looks sweet, these make-overs are defintely giving the Russians the look and feel that is comparable to the ECA in terms of production quality.

+Quote Post
ubermensche
post 22 Oct 2013, 19:41
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 9573

QUOTE (Panzer4life @ 22 Oct 2013, 14:23) *
Nice update, really looking forward to the update. So what are the major changes coming to the Red Army airforce, are we getting a new bomber to replace the frogfoot? sad.gif

I don't think so. The Frogfoot is one of the most popular aircrafts in the game. And it suits the Russian's strategy of relentless assault very well. It'll be quite a dumb move to remove it.

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 22 Oct 2013, 19:59
Post #11

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

I though you said that the airfield was good enough and changing it would be pointless? laugh.gif

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 22 Oct 2013, 20:25
Post #12

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2
Projects: SWR Productions

QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 22 Oct 2013, 13:59) *
I though you said that the airfield was good enough and changing it would be pointless? laugh.gif

That's what was probably said until the job went to my desk.

Went under the lines of:

Then you get the Airfield.

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
MARS
post 22 Oct 2013, 20:30
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE (ubermensche @ 22 Oct 2013, 20:41) *
I don't think so. The Frogfoot is one of the most popular aircrafts in the game. And it suits the Russian's strategy of relentless assault very well. It'll be quite a dumb move to remove it.

Actually, the Frogfoot is popular due to a number of wrong reasons. Granted, it's iconic and looks cool but from a purely functional standpoint, it is -too- essential to the way people play Russia; it turns the VVS Air Support unlock into a no-brainer choice which is exactly what we wanted to avoid in order to diversify things, hence why the changes that are in testing right now will be radical and possibly even controversial. Whatever happens to the Frogfoot will be part of a broad effort that also affects Russian helicopters and other aircraft in order to create a greater incentive for tactical variety. We did not make the Russian airforce a GP unlock just for people to pick it all the time. By design, Russia is actually meant to be able to win without planes, relying only on tanks and gunships and we are hoping to make this a real possibility so that using aircraft becomes an alternative, not the essential go-to method of playing Russia.

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 22 Oct 2013, 20:48
Post #14

Group Icon

QUOTE (MARS @ 22 Oct 2013, 21:30) *
Actually, the Frogfoot is popular due to a number of wrong reasons. Granted, it's iconic and looks cool but from a purely functional standpoint, it is -too- essential to the way people play Russia; it turns the VVS Air Support unlock into a no-brainer choice which is exactly what we wanted to avoid in order to diversify things, hence why the changes that are in testing right now will be radical and possibly even controversial. Whatever happens to the Frogfoot will be part of a broad effort that also affects Russian helicopters and other aircraft in order to create a greater incentive for tactical variety.

This sounds like presage of something that'd make dozen of people go butt-hurt...Just sayin'...
Will that major change take place in next version or in 2.0 ?

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 22 Oct 2013, 21:09
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE (MARS @ 22 Oct 2013, 17:30) *
By design, Russia is actually meant to be able to win without planes, relying only on tanks and gunships and we are hoping to make this a real possibility so that using aircraft becomes an alternative, not the essential go-to method of playing Russia.

That means we can expect even more power by the Russian ground troops? ohmy.gif

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
Pepo
post 22 Oct 2013, 21:35
Post #16

Group Icon

Member No.: 9862

nice ,i like those textures.
also has long has we can still built froogfoots,i don't mind if they get tweaked(should be more anti tank and less anti structure)

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 22 Oct 2013, 21:36
Post #17

I fits I sits
Group Icon

Member No.: 1107

QUOTE (Re_Simeone @ 22 Oct 2013, 20:48) *
This sounds like presage of something that'd make dozen of people go butt-hurt...Just sayin'...

QUOTE (__CrUsHeR @ 22 Oct 2013, 21:09) *
That means we can expect even more power by the Russian ground troops? ohmy.gif

I'm not sure what Russia will get in 1.85 that'll be faction-wide, though I think a crippling weakness in terms of direct firepower is that they lack a good crowd control unit and/or splash damage units.

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 22 Oct 2013, 21:57
Post #18

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

QUOTE (Re_Simeone @ 22 Oct 2013, 14:48) *

Next version. I will say though, the new Heli's are awesome.

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 22 Oct 2013, 22:00
Post #19

Group Icon

QUOTE (Comr4de @ 22 Oct 2013, 22:57) *
Next version. I will say though, the new Heli's are awesome.

I really can't wait to see that...
By new heli's,new like really new ones,or overhauled old ones ?

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 22 Oct 2013, 22:23
Post #20

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

QUOTE (Re_Simeone @ 22 Oct 2013, 16:00) *
I really can't wait to see that...
By new heli's,new like really new ones,or overhauled old ones ?

You know I can't answer that, you'll find out soon enough.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ubermensche
post 22 Oct 2013, 22:32
Post #21

Group Icon

Member No.: 9573

QUOTE (MARS @ 22 Oct 2013, 15:30) *
hence why the changes that are in testing right now will be radical and possibly even controversial. Whatever happens to the Frogfoot will be part of a broad effort that also affects Russian helicopters and other aircraft in order to create a greater incentive for tactical variety.

I don't know if I like the sound of that. Although it makes lots of sense as unlocking the VVS airfield is a no-brainer right now.

+Quote Post
TheCeLL
post 22 Oct 2013, 22:53
Post #22

Dangerous Eukaryote
Group Icon

Member No.: 9173
More awesome than an imploding star and a burning car combined

QUOTE (MARS @ 22 Oct 2013, 15:30) *
Actually, the Frogfoot is popular due to a number of wrong reasons. Granted, it's iconic and looks cool but from a purely functional standpoint, it is -too- essential to the way people play Russia; it turns the VVS Air Support unlock into a no-brainer choice which is exactly what we wanted to avoid in order to diversify things

We did not make the Russian airforce a GP unlock just for people to pick it all the time. By design, Russia is actually meant to be able to win without planes, relying only on tanks and gunships and we are hoping to make this a real possibility so that using aircraft becomes an alternative, not the essential go-to method of playing Russia.

I disagree actually. I use the tesla unlock quite often in multiplayer games. Frogfoots are quite expensive, and die easily to AA. They are really only effective against large clumps of tanks without anti-air. Tesla tanks are quite versatile, being effective against both infantry and vehicles, though they are also fragile. Especially when attacking, they are too expensive to risk losing one to AA, since they are so fragile. Not to mention Russia does not have Spectre Gunships or Recon Planes to distract AA with.

This post has been edited by InsurgentCell: 22 Oct 2013, 22:57

--------------------

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 22 Oct 2013, 23:19
Post #23

That person
Group Icon

Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

QUOTE (InsurgentCell @ 22 Oct 2013, 17:53) *
I disagree actually. I use the tesla unlock quite often in multiplayer games. Frogfoots are quite expensive, and die easily to AA. They are really only effective against large clumps of tanks without anti-air.

How often does that occur? I'm sure it never occurs. [/sarcasm]

Also, those frogfoots can withstand a lot of firepower. And this discussion isn't how effective the Tesla Tank is or isn't, it is how OP the air units.

Also, did it occur to you that it is possible to unlock both?

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 23 Oct 2013, 0:37
Post #24

Group Icon

I'm starting to think that the Frogfoot may be out of next version because of the balance between the factions... this can happen?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Panzer4life
post 23 Oct 2013, 1:15
Post #25

Group Icon

Member No.: 8935

QUOTE (Comr4de @ 22 Oct 2013, 17:23) *
You know I can't answer that, you'll find out soon enough.

Ah, why you pull our legs like this? But I understand why the Frogfoot needs balance. But what else can you guys do for a CAS aircraft? The Nighthawk clears bunkers, the hellfire mig drops bombs, the harrier loiters like a boss, and the GLA interceptor can use guns or rockets to harass. Maybe the Su-25 (or replacement) can use a set of bombs and cannon fire? That way it doesn't benefit from the rocket compression engine, but it still retains the tactical bomber feel.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25 April 2024 - 9:54