GeneralCamo
post 8 Apr 2012, 5:44
Post #1

That person
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

I was thinking, with the change of year in ROTR, this has created problems in the lore. Recently, because I was bored, I decided to write my own take on it. Tell me what you think: I have a rather large school project coming in soon about writing stories, so I need all the help I can get.

After striking critical blows to the GLA in Asia and Europe, the UN started a project to end the GLA in the rest of the world. China took care of remnants in Europe and Asia, the USA took care of them in the USA and the Pacific Islands, while newly militarized Russia took care of them in Africa.

Russia recently came into the world conflict. Originally staying neutral, they came into the war when the GLA took over Europe, but mostly in their own country. Now that Europe is clear, they focused more on destroying the remaining GLA, due to the assassination of President Kirov, and the attempted assassination of Vice President Suvoruv.

Billions of dollars were spent over the next few years trying to disrupt the GLA. Research was halted, so as to keep the GLA from acquiring new technologies, while Russia, under their new president, became modernized in their army, replacing the many models of tanks with a Single Main Battletank.

In the middle of the chaos, the European Union requested that china move out of the continent. Originally arguing, china, reluctantly, moved out of Europe when they realized they would lose many trying to keep it. The European Union, experiencing an economic boom due to the industries china left behind, eventually forming the European Continental Army. All of the countries of europe then formed under a single banner, merging all the armies into the ECA. The ECA, not wanting to lose any men, decided not to participate in the war against the GLA.

China, having been forced out of Europe, found solstice in something else. They immediately proceeded to capture many nearby nations, extending the borders down to Indonesia, and up to the border of the former soviet states. Russia, feeling terrified, immediately started capturing the former soviet nations. Since most of them still
have not recovered economically since the fall of the USSR, they agreed quickly, without a single bullet being fired. Russia's and China's manpower quickly doubled. Both nations were at edge, but did not fight.

As for the rest of the world, well, they formed quick alliances too. Central and North America formed the North American Union, bringing capitalism and economic growth to every nation that joined. The Developing countries in the south provided workers and food, while the post industrial countries to the north provided research and planning. They quickly became a world superpower.

While each country had differences, they remained united under the United Nations. However, in africa, the new Warlord Sulaymann, one of the aides of General Deathstrike, started making critical blows to attacking armies. Realizing that he would be hard to stop, each super power looked toward resource rich africa. Territories were, at first, just occupied; with the UN active, there would be little to no arguments in the world. The russians took the North Eastern Provinces, the US took highly urbanized south. China kept toward the middle eastern part, and the ECA focused on the western sahara. They did not own the countries, they only put military forces there. The african nations wanted to keep to themselves.

Disaster struck though. A Virus, released in russia by the Bio-Chemist Ibrahiim, who was also one of Sulaymann's Aides, took out a vast majority of the crops. Famine soon struck. Russia asked the ECA for help, but they refused, with the excuse that they were also having a food shortage.

Russia wanted to peacefully take it to the UN, however, recently it was revealed that the Administration of the UN were composed of top command GLA officers, and the UN broke up quickly after the fact was discovered. They became no more then a curiosity in New York soon after.

In 2 years time, the famine in russia was over, however 40 million civilians perished. Russian spies soon found a large abundance of food the ECA warehouses, and when the russian civilians heard, they became enraged. They pushed the equally enraged President to declare war on the ECA, and Military Personnel Count increased exponentially. They also acquired the south american nations, when russia pushed the rebels out of their countries, giving them weapons manufacturers.

The ECA, finding millions of troops at their door, asked china and the USA to help them. Unsurprisingly, both countries did not come to the rescue. China was still angry about being kicked out, and the USA was trying to stop civilian strikes in the south with their forces. This soon changed however, when the Russians attacked a Chinese Trading Dock holding a US merchant boat with Frogfoot Bombers (Later Information revealed that the GLA terror cell planted false information about the two countries helping the ECA by trading). The massive Civilian Deaths in both China and the USA caused both Countries to form an alliance, known as the Pacific Peace Alliance.

The PPA immediately started to attack one of Russia's Key African Base, Kurmuk. With the russians unprepared for such a large attack, they immediately started being defeated. However, a turning point in the middle of the battle changed everything. The russians brought out old TOPOL-Ms which were able to annihilate most of the attackers with nuclear missiles. When they started to retreat, one of russia's most feared battalions, that of Aleksandr's, went right through the radiation fields, and was able to decimate the rest of the attackers.

The crushing defeat of them ended the alliance in defeat, however, the ECA stopped their attacks, and all four countries signed a peace treaty when the GLA became a far greater threat.

While under treaty, each of the nations are still bitter. They have since taken over their territories, attempting, unsuccessfully, to wipe out the GLA. Tensions between the countries are limited to light brawls, usually with money, rarely with weapons.

So tell me what you think. I tried to keep each of the countries in the grey. You should read above, and try and decide who is good, and who is bad. Remember this is unofficial, but if the ROTR team wants to modify it/use it/take parts of it, then they may.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Massey
post 8 Apr 2012, 6:19
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 127

QUOTE (Generalcamo @ 8 Apr 2012, 14:44) *
I was thinking, with the change of year in ROTR, this has created problems in the lore. Recently, because I was bored, I decided to write my own take on it. Tell me what you think: I have a rather large school project coming in soon about writing stories, so I need all the help I can get.

So tell me what you think. I tried to keep each of the countries in the grey. You should read above, and try and decide who is good, and who is bad. Remember this is unofficial, but if the ROTR team wants to modify it/use it/take parts of it, then they may.

That take me back to "The GAP Project" i did a few years ago... good times good times. Nice work but i think Mars (or someone) has stated that lore is ready to be release soon any way.

8chi.png

--------------------
This is so on the ball----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m4SCUaBHS8

+Quote Post
MARS
post 8 Apr 2012, 7:08
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 10

Right. That's some interesting ideas you had there (the idea of a nigh-total crop failure and subsequent destabilisation of Russia will pop up in our timeline as well, if only due to natural causes) but you will see our take on
the official storyline in a future update. It's gonna be nice and tidy with an actual year-by-year timeline and a concise but detailed breakdown of all the major events leading up to the critical phase of the Russo-European War.

+Quote Post
Darkfire Angel
post 8 Apr 2012, 21:35
Post #4

Vampire Zombie Ninja Pirate Viking Samurai Monkey
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 59
Projects: Deep Impact

Is there a list of ECA nations anywhere?

--------------------
1991-2009 Commander JB. Gone but never forgotten.

For King and Country.

+Quote Post
MARS
post 9 Apr 2012, 5:49
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 10

Last thing that was green-lighted for the official timeline was this:

[see attachment]

As for the Eastern countries that are currently in the EU or contemplating it: This is no longer the EU, so these places are either neutral, Russian allies or pro-ECA without being actual members.
You will also be able to read more about the organisational and political nature of the ECA in a future update, but I guess it's not too much of a spoiler to reveal who is actually in it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 15:56