Reply to this topicStart new topic
GameRanger MP won't work, ZH works just fine, SW always times out
Drury
post 7 Sep 2014, 11:54
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10632

I'm running Windows 7 and Ultimate Collection ZH from Origin. Normal SW works fine with fixed launchers. I'm running final release, not fan-made Open Beta 2.

I've tried everything. Forwarded ZH ports, forwarded GR port, set compatibility mode to XP SP3 on all .exes and run them as administrator, set the firewall restrictions, set firewall port override to 29900 and checked Send Delay in-game, Online IP and LAN IP are identical. Yet whenever I join a game of SW (via Direct Connect), it always, always times out, no matter who I join. Meanwhile Zero Hour never does that, I can play just fine with anyone and it connects instantly. Nobody can join me when I host either (not tried with ZH, probably no issue there either).

Any ideas?

--------------------
The China's got so many tanks that they cover the entire land
The USA's got so many planes that they blot out the Sun
The GLA's got so many hijackers that they steal all of it
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darky
post 7 Sep 2014, 12:09
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 9643

QUOTE (Drury @ 7 Sep 2014, 11:54) *
I'm running Windows 7 and Ultimate Collection ZH from Origin. Normal SW works fine with fixed launchers. I'm running final release, not fan-made Open Beta 2.

I've tried everything. Forwarded ZH ports, forwarded GR port, set compatibility mode to XP SP3 on all .exes and run them as administrator, set the firewall restrictions, set firewall port override to 29900 and checked Send Delay in-game, Online IP and LAN IP are identical. Yet whenever I join a game of SW (via Direct Connect), it always, always times out, no matter who I join. Meanwhile Zero Hour never does that, I can play just fine with anyone and it connects instantly. Nobody can join me when I host either (not tried with ZH, probably no issue there either).

Any ideas?

Timeouts shouldn't be common at all if you're not italic to the host.

+Quote Post
Drury
post 7 Sep 2014, 12:18
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 10632

I'm aware, and I'm never italic. I also never manage to connect. Not even a single time, 0% success rate. For Zero Hour, 100%.

There's definitely some fishy stuff going on, I can't figure it out.

--------------------
The China's got so many tanks that they cover the entire land
The USA's got so many planes that they blot out the Sun
The GLA's got so many hijackers that they steal all of it

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19 April 2024 - 10:05