Post #51

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 9155

QUOTE (Shatterfury @ 5 Nov 2013, 20:25) *
Thanks, give yourself a cookie, you deserve it. biggrin.gif

Can I have both mods installed?

If my memory serves me well - no.

Anyway, this thread got derailed, a little. There's a separate thread about 1.0 Pre-SWR ROTR in main section of the forum.

So yeah, in next mod Russian choppers become even stronger than they were. Hellion provides a nice AOE capability against soft targets.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chuck Kawosky
post 5 Nov 2013, 19:53
Post #52

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9793

Based on this excellent work... does anyone know if a oldish Nvidia 8600mGT 256mb Graphics card will enable me to see the textures and good work thats been created here when released?

+Quote Post
Shatterfury
post 5 Nov 2013, 19:53
Post #53

Group Icon

Member No.: 8857

QUOTE (Knjaz. @ 5 Nov 2013, 20:31) *
If my memory serves me well - no.

Anyway, this thread got derailed, a little. There's a separate thread about 1.0 Pre-SWR ROTR in main section of the forum.

So yeah, in next mod Russian choppers become even stronger than they were. Hellion provides a nice AOE capability against soft targets.

As much as I like the Froggie,I have to agree.Giving an AOE ability to the Hellion will ensure a place for this helicopter in any Russian build.

It seems that the Berkuts have a niche to fill in a RF vs RF game, destroying those Hellions before they fire.

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 5 Nov 2013, 19:54
Post #54

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

QUOTE (Shatterfury @ 5 Nov 2013, 20:25) *
Thanks, give yourself a cookie, you deserve it. biggrin.gif

Can I have both mods installed?

No, because this one does not have a launcher.

Based on this excellent work... does anyone know if a oldish Nvidia 8600mGT 256mb Graphics card will enable me to see the textures and good work thats been created here when released?

Since I can play as the ECA with texture setting as high with my laptop which have an Intel onboard G41 fine and dandy, I think it will be no problem.

This post has been edited by X1Destroy: 5 Nov 2013, 20:00

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
Pepo
post 5 Nov 2013, 20:16
Post #55

Group Icon

Member No.: 9862

i really love the new textures of the A-10.also the helion seem badass and is kinda what russia need.i don't see the sukoi has a tank hunter, and imo there is not problem if a general has a unique aircraft that cost Gp,people aren't going to choose that general for only a unique unit.anyways is a really cool unit and i would like to try it.also a sad farewell to the frooggot,i really like it.i think that it could make an appereance in the campain,just like (if i'm rigth)the old paradrooping humvee was going to make an appereance.also two questions:is the helion going to be for all generals?and if thequestion is affirmative, would orlov get a unique replacement for it?

edit:forgot those questions,i have just see orlov symbol on the helion

This post has been edited by Pepo: 5 Nov 2013, 20:18

+Quote Post
MARS
post 5 Nov 2013, 20:22
Post #56

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

^ The problem isn't that people would pick a certain General over the others if he had an exclusive jet. The problem is that people playing that particular General would pick the VVS unlock simply because they don't want to miss out on an exclusive unit, not because they actually plan on using it. That way, one General would be more inclined towards aircraft which would subvert the whole 'optional air force' element.

PS: As a replacement for the Hokum, the Hellion is exclusive to General Orlov.

+Quote Post
Shatterfury
post 5 Nov 2013, 20:35
Post #57

Group Icon

QUOTE (MARS @ 5 Nov 2013, 21:22) *
^ The problem isn't that people would pick a certain General over the others if he had an exclusive jet. The problem is that people playing that particular General would pick the VVS unlock simply because they don't want to miss out on an exclusive unit, not because they actually plan on using it. That way, one General would be more inclined towards aircraft which would subvert the whole 'optional air force' element.

PS: As a replacement for the Hokum, the Hellion is exclusive to General Orlov.

I know it`s too early to talk about it, but has the team given a thought about the lack of AOE the other two generals will have ?

This post has been edited by Shatterfury: 5 Nov 2013, 20:41

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 5 Nov 2013, 20:42
Post #58

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

QUOTE (MARS @ 5 Nov 2013, 19:03) *
The Sokol has to rely on stealth and speed in order to survive. It certainly feels more agile than a Nighthawk, has enough ammo to fly three sorties and unlike the Nighthawk, it will likely engage moving targets in the open i.e. outside a base where AA and detection assets are more likely to be encountered.

Thanks for info.
I have to ask if Russians call it Sokol (Hawk) how Westerners call it,you know those NATO names that start on F (Fulcrum,Frogfoot,Fullback,Fishbed,Flogger...) ?
And now since it doesn't represents actual Pak Fa anymore,I have to ask do Pak Fa exist in the world of ROTR,and if answer is yes,is Sokol some derivative of it ?
Also,how those six AT rockets would perform against buildings and static base defenses ?

+Quote Post
Cobretti
post 5 Nov 2013, 21:23
Post #59

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 47

How about ex-NATO intelligence agencies refer to it as "Firefox" or something? The Su-50 Sokol is the production version of the PAK FA, so there's your answer.

--------------------
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."-- George S. Patton

Resquiescat in pace, CommanderJB 1991-2009

+Quote Post
Joe Kidd
post 5 Nov 2013, 22:15
Post #60

Group Icon

Member No.: 9606

QUOTE (Shatterfury @ 5 Nov 2013, 20:35) *
I know it`s too early to talk about it, but has the team given a thought about the lack of AOE the other two generals will have ?

I think Zhukovs topol-m will be enough AOE, c'mon, 5 nuke cannon shots at once? Adios battlemaster hoard

And of the RF generals I think Alex has more of a General Townes-ish precision theme with his tesla weapons

--------------------

"You can't kill the Messiah..."

+Quote Post
Shatterfury
post 5 Nov 2013, 22:50
Post #61

Group Icon

QUOTE (Joe Kidd @ 5 Nov 2013, 23:15) *
I think Zhukovs topol-m will be enough AOE, c'mon, 5 nuke cannon shots at once? Adios battlemaster hoard

And of the RF generals I think Alex has more of a General Townes-ish precision theme with his tesla weapons

True, true.

I realised that Zhukov will not have a problem with spam.We will have to be pacinet to see what they have in store for Alexander. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
BliTTzZ
post 5 Nov 2013, 23:45
Post #62

Army - group of people who fix diplomatic mistakes.
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 944

Very cool update, I really like it! Also, it… wait… no… NO-O-O-O!!! Froggie, why you leave us, WHY!?

Few weeks ago when I've read about changes for the Frogfoot, I thought it would be special for one of three generals - for Orlov, alongside with his more better helicopters. Su-25 fits his gameplay as a CAS jet a lot more than Su-50. I'm so sad to realize that this iconic plane is gone forever.

By the way, Mi-28 Havoc will take any appearance in the game?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Xofolez
post 6 Nov 2013, 4:58
Post #63

That was left handed!
Group Icon

Member No.: 9508

*START- Documents- General Specific Semi-Super Weapons- RF- Alek. *erases PAK FA Mounted ICBM** .... soooo I guess there is a good chance that there will not be any air-borne nuclear ICBM [Ace Combat 4 reference].

The hellion sounds like a great addition and good to know that the hokum will become a more respectable unit, though i do think i will forget it exists when I field my hinds to cover my spetznaz and MSTA assaults .

I definitely am a fan of the SU-50 change, but kinda wishing that the Frogfoot squadrons could have been picked up by the GLA on the black market- kinda gives the understanding of where the RF managed to scoop up the cash to safely finance the manufacturing push on the SU-50.

I almost feel like a forshadowing may have happened here... perhaps the F-117 is being derailed in order to make room for the hunter killers

ALSO- Su-50 is white, berkut <3 is and always has and will be black, micro management is simpler and theres no mig-picking the jets for a chance at choosing the wrong black jet- bomber mig needs color change, perhaps the chinese armor colour /texturing or a pure red jet with chinese symbols

This post has been edited by Xofolez: 6 Nov 2013, 5:07

--------------------

Das vidanea!

+Quote Post
MARS
post 6 Nov 2013, 7:01
Post #64

Group Icon

QUOTE (Re_Simeone @ 5 Nov 2013, 20:42) *
I have to ask if Russians call it Sokol (Hawk) how Westerners call it,you know those NATO names that start on F (Fulcrum,Frogfoot,Fullback,Fishbed,Flogger...) ?
And now since it doesn't represents actual Pak Fa anymore,I have to ask do Pak Fa exist in the world of ROTR,and if answer is yes,is Sokol some derivative of it ?

From what I understand, the term PAKFA is more of a reference to the project whereas the actual plane that came out of it in RL is the Sukhoi T-50. What you're seeing here is the in-universe production model of the T-50, which has been designated as the Su-50. We realised at some point that calling it the PAKFA in-game would be a bit like adding an F-35 and calling it the Joint Strike Fighter; not factually incorrect, but a little misleading since it's the name of the entire project. Sokol would be the name that the Russians gave to it. Western intelligence would probably use a NATO-style reporting name that starts with an F. Even though NATO no longer exists in the setting, it'd be reasonable to assume that there's a silent agreement between America and the ECA that the old naming scheme is still in place for utility's sake.

QUOTE (Joe Kidd @ 5 Nov 2013, 22:15) *

Right, Zhukov will have a lot of powerful AoE weapons at his disposal so crowd control shouldn't be much of a problem for him. Aleksandr on the other hand does seem to be less splashy but then again, he's probably going to compensate that with raw damage output; if you can't kill a whole bunch of targets at the same time, kill each individual target as quickly and brutally as possible.

QUOTE (BliTTzZ @ 5 Nov 2013, 23:45) *
By the way, Mi-28 Havoc will take any appearance in the game?

Yes, it will serve as the standard attack helicopter of Aleksandr and Zhukov.

QUOTE (Xofolez @ 6 Nov 2013, 4:58) *
I almost feel like a forshadowing may have happened here... perhaps the F-117 is being derailed in order to make room for the hunter killers

ALSO- Su-50 is white, berkut <3 is and always has and will be black, micro management is simpler and theres no mig-picking the jets for a chance at choosing the wrong black jet- bomber mig needs color change, perhaps the chinese armor colour /texturing or a pure red jet with chinese symbols

Actually, we're gonna make the F117 more useful in its intended role as a precision bomber by increasing its survivability. They cannot be compared to Hunter Killers because HKs are faster, lack stealth, use missiles that are specifically effective against ground vehicles and compensate for their lack of countermeasures with drone armour. As for the Chinese planes, one could argue that they're easy enough to distinguish due to their different shapes, but I could ask The_Hunter if he sees any need for a skin change.

+Quote Post
Mcbob
post 6 Nov 2013, 7:53
Post #65

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 52

QUOTE (MARS @ 6 Nov 2013, 8:01) *
Actually, we're gonna make the F117 more useful in its intended role as a precision bomber by increasing its survivability. They cannot be compared to Hunter Killers because HKs are faster, lack stealth, use missiles that are specifically effective against ground vehicles and compensate for their lack of countermeasures with drone armour. As for the Chinese planes, one could argue that they're easy enough to distinguish due to their different shapes, but I could ask The_Hunter if he sees any need for a skin change.

Speaking of the MiG, a skin change and a model update would be cool. The MiG model is fine and all, but considering the Raptor and Nighthawk received updates that really enhanced their profiles with more polygons, adding dimension and detail to their shapes, doing the same for the MiG would be refreshing.

This post has been edited by Mcbob: 6 Nov 2013, 7:54

+Quote Post
katmoda12
post 6 Nov 2013, 13:58
Post #66

Group Icon

Member No.: 64

QUOTE (__CrUsHeR @ 5 Nov 2013, 15:10) *
Perhaps the Frogfoot could become a replacement for the Boris generic MiGs since it is an iconic aircraft and indeed appropriate to structures obliteration.

I also support this idea, but i think it would not happen.
Sadly, it's true that the frogfoot was gamebreaking, but I will rememeber the days when a menacing tank column used to advance torwards my base, I did not have fear because there were frogfoot in my airport..

As ever an astonishing work: i like everything.

On the specific side:

-Interesting the idea of the Sokol stealth tank hunter, not sure that it will fit well in Russia arsenal "nothing about subtlety, all about crushing", but i have to see it in play before judgement...

-The ka-62 hellion is a beast, also very interesting that the exit of the frogfoot made the werewolf a stable unit in russia tactics. i like the fact that the missile were augmented from 4 to 6, and the new thermobaric weapon transformed a "meh" upgrade to a useful one.

Speaking of the very old release and the very same unit of then (ka-50 blackshark), i'd like to suggest to make the locomotor of the hellion similar to the one in that release.
the blackshark had a very high pitch rotation and was totally capable of funneling and strafing.
This would encourage micro and make russian helicopter division a stronger component of the arsenal.
what do you think?

+Quote Post
Jester
post 6 Nov 2013, 18:40
Post #67

Group Icon

Member No.: 80
Forum Mechanic

Excellent update! Can we get some more story based lore on the air war over Europe? Id love for more official insight into ECA/Russian/USA airforce combat operations.

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 7 Nov 2013, 0:52
Post #68

That person
Group Icon

Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

Will the Hind receive any new bonuses? Or will it be exactly the same, with a new model? Or not even?

+Quote Post
MARS
post 7 Nov 2013, 6:38
Post #69

Group Icon

It will also benefit from the new survivability upgrade we've added to all Russian helicopters.

+Quote Post
Panzer4life
post 7 Nov 2013, 16:06
Post #70

Group Icon

Member No.: 8935

QUOTE (MARS @ 7 Nov 2013, 0:38) *
It will also benefit from the new survivability upgrade we've added to all Russian helicopters.

Huh? What will the upgrade do? More armor, countermeasures, improved speed, or something else? But overall, I am excited for the next update. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 7 Nov 2013, 17:34
Post #71

Group Icon

Maybe they didn't decided yet so it is still a secret.

This post has been edited by Re_Simeone: 7 Nov 2013, 17:34

+Quote Post
Alias
post 7 Nov 2013, 17:45
Post #72

Cool Guy
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 46

Oh, it's already been worked out, but you guys will have to Wait and Seeâ„¢.

--------------------

+Quote Post
BLGMGL
post 7 Nov 2013, 17:54
Post #73

Group Icon

Member No.: 500

OH, GOD!!! WHYY??? WHY FROGFOOT???

Frogfoot WAS one of the most iconic Russian military hardware ever built!

I know that usually developers don't take any suggestions but I really do hope that devs can replace Boris' MiGs with Frogfoots as mentioned by Crusher! These called air strike MiGs are really low-key designed units. Please let us - Frogfoot fans, have Frogfoots at least in unbuildable form!

PLEASEEE!!!

+Quote Post
MARS
post 7 Nov 2013, 18:45
Post #74

Group Icon

AGAIN: The lesser reason why we removed the Frogfoot was due to the fact that it was an old pre-SWR legacy model which we did not want to re-make from scratch just for the sake of including it as part of some token ability or visual gimmick.

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 7 Nov 2013, 18:49
Post #75

Group Icon

QUOTE (Alias @ 7 Nov 2013, 17:45) *
Oh, it's already been worked out, but you guys will have to Wait and Seeâ„¢.

If someone would give us one cent for each Soon and Wait,we would be billionaires.

QUOTE (blgmgl @ 7 Nov 2013, 17:54) *
OH, GOD!!! WHYY??? WHY FROGFOOT???
Frogfoot WAS one of the most iconic Russian military hardware ever built!

I know that usually developers don't take any suggestions but I really do hope that devs can replace Boris' MiGs with Frogfoots as mentioned by Crusher! These called air strike MiGs are really low-key designed units. Please let us - Frogfoot fans, have Frogfoots at least in unbuildable form!

PLEASEEE!!!

But isn't Frogfoot like something more than 70 years old by the time of ROTR.
MiG Bomber design is not bad,it just didn't aged well compared to other models.
It is based on this if you don't know :

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25 April 2024 - 14:55