post 29 Dec 2013, 15:54
Post #26

That person
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

QUOTE (Composite armour @ 29 Dec 2013, 10:47) *
Will the SHMEL trooper be immune to Toxins/Radiation like the Golem?

Their multi-layered protection suits make them more resistant to radiation, toxins, flames and other hazards.

Gee, I don't know. I'm sure this comment has nothing to do with it....

So is the SHMEL Trooper all part of a plan to separate main infantry from garrison clearing infantry?

This post has been edited by Generalcamo: 29 Dec 2013, 15:55
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 29 Dec 2013, 16:29
Post #27

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

Not immune but very resistant.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 29 Dec 2013, 19:22
Post #28

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9081

Thanks on answering those.

I also thought little bit about Pioneer,I have certain questions about it...
Is Pioneer German or Austrian lorewise and will his VOs be in that accent ?
Also,will Pandur get Mortar after Pioneer would enter it or you guys have
something other on your minds since that way Pandur will make Mortar Tracks a lot less useful ?

+Quote Post
Spejjarn
post 30 Dec 2013, 2:32
Post #29

Group Icon

Group: Donator
Member No.: 9277

I have been longing for a mortar infantry for ECA and Venom van der Santa (aka The Hunter) sure gave me one as a Christmas gift. Dank u wel! The Combat Pioneer seems, however, fairly similar to the Delta Force Operator. Isn't the 10-rounds barrage a little overkill? Good with three rocket infantry types (five if incl. Boris & VDV) for Russia: fits their style very well. And the teaser... SWR - the kings of teasing!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 30 Dec 2013, 5:24
Post #30

Group Icon

Member No.: 10

The Delta Operator is still meant to attack most of its targets with a heavy machine gun, including air, while his mortar is specifically used for a manual ability that can't be used all the time. The ECA counterpart is similar on paper, but you wouldn't want to use them for their SMG attack; you would want to either deploy them for the variety of shell types or use the 'snap shot' barrage if deploying them would take too much time. It's also worth noting that Deltas will be exclusive to Thorn whereas Combat Pioneers are meant to be for -all- ECA Generals. Their nationality hasn't actually been finalised yet, but they might end up being French due to their old archetype of fortification warfare.

+Quote Post
Composite armour
post 30 Dec 2013, 5:42
Post #31

Group Icon

Member No.: 10200

About the Delta's mortar, their description mentions it being very accurate.

Does that mean it'll get tracking like the tomahawks or just means the shells will fall in a very tight spread.

--------------------
Composite Armor has been installed, sir.

+Quote Post
MARS
post 30 Dec 2013, 6:47
Post #32

Group Icon

The second.

+Quote Post
PiratesYarrr
post 30 Dec 2013, 17:52
Post #33

Group Icon

Member No.: 9244

As their weapons can clear buildings, will the SHMEL out-range other infantry's weapons? And can we expect a different ROF than the RPG conscript?

--------------------
Victorus aut Mortis!

+Quote Post
Mr.Kim
post 30 Dec 2013, 18:09
Post #34

Losing Karma to Vault Boy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 34
Some future plan mod for AoE3:Asian Dynasty or FO4

1. Yes, they can clear garrison building. For this point, RPG conscript's SHMEL missile upgrade will be remove in 1.85.

2. Maybe.

3. Nope.

This post has been edited by MR.Kim: 30 Dec 2013, 18:15

--------------------

Let's kick this Russian Tank's ass back to the Bronze Age!

Twitch Chart ID: Mr_kim82

Moddb ID: Mr_Kim

+Quote Post
UnoriginalGuy
post 31 Dec 2013, 1:23
Post #35

Group Icon

Member No.: 9939

Congratulations on 3rd place for MOTY, that's pretty high up on the list.
Moving on to the update, the details on the models are amazing, especially on the two trucks and buildings. The infantry aren't as detailed, but that's to be expected. Also, since climate change is starting to take a toll on the Earth, is flooding or weather going to impact anything in the story or campaign? It would be nice to have a map with high water levels for a naval battle or something.
Anyway, good luck on the mod.

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 31 Dec 2013, 6:04
Post #36

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

TELL ME WHERE THE TOP 2 ARE SO I CAN EAT THEIR DEVS.

Assuming they're near a river.

Or a ford.

And don't have harpoons.

--------------------

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 1 Jan 2014, 1:47
Post #37

That person
Group Icon

Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

I BEG you not to get bloodthirsty. Especially over two places, which would mean only a few more dollars that the developers probably wouldn't use anyway. Unless they decided to get a new modelling software.

The other top three, in order, are:
No More Room in Hell
Just Cause 2: Multiplayer

From a technological standpoint, these two, especially the first place winner, are much better than ROTR. While ROTR did a lot of groundbreaking, it was for a very old engine that most people don't play these days. And it still is only a total overhaul.

This goes especially for JC2:M. They redesigned an engine, that was not designed to handle multiplayer, and made it handle multiplayer. If the ROTR team could do something like that, then maybe we wouldn't have so many mismatches.

You should just be grateful that they got 3rd this year. That is the highest this mod has ever gotten. ROTR has even beaten much more popular mods like Project Reality and Brutal Doom.

+Quote Post
AceMaster
post 1 Jan 2014, 8:55
Post #38

Group Icon

Member No.: 10166
Discord: acemaster

Those who voted for ROTR think it deserved the 3rd place. Superior or not is on the eyes of beholder. How many PS3 games are superior in terms of technicality that also failed miserably? People play games for different reasons but most of us just enjoy the experience and want to have fun, whether or not it is technically better. (i.e. remember why people still enjoy Pac-Man?) Guess who would choose a better engine over gameplay? Thankfully, enough people voted to disagree with this view.

Look at moddb ranking and count how many mods on this game, you'll be amazed by how many are still playing it today.

Rework an engine is one thing, work with an old one is another. It is a choice that comes with its own set of challenge and limitation. It can be just as hard as working on a new one, so stop accusing the team who didn't do well on your standard. Many factors could create mismatches such as manually edited one's game data ini that doesn't match other player's data files or connection issues between players.

If appreciating someone's self-less works deem so difficult, why waste your time here sharing your thoughts? (I agree Serialkillerwhale can be harsh from time to time.)

This post has been edited by AceMaster: 1 Jan 2014, 15:57

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 1 Jan 2014, 8:56
Post #39

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

Fishing time!

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 2 Jan 2014, 9:55
Post #40

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

And people COMPLETELY forget that I'm just joking about my account being "Orcinius Genocidalus" and turn it into me actually thinking they don't deserve higher places.
Fishing time!

IM A WHALE NOT A FISH.

WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF I CALLED YOU A COW BECAUSE BOTH COWS AND HUMANS LIVE ON THE GROUND AND GO MOO?
Wait, humans DO go moo right?

This post has been edited by Serialkillerwhale: 2 Jan 2014, 9:56

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rohan
post 2 Jan 2014, 11:50
Post #41

The Sun Hero
Group Icon

Member No.: 10041

What is going on here. Shaking My Head. UI8.gif

On Topic- Nice Update and the Russian Crane is very cool. Just asking, but will the Russian BMP and Miskha scout vehicle have a remodel too. And can we except Classic Cameos in 1.85 .

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 2 Jan 2014, 12:02
Post #42

Group Icon

From what I remember, we have actually applied a few texture updates to the BMP and Mishka as well, but they're minor compared to the full-on remodels we made for the others, which is why they haven't been shown. That said, 1.85 will also include a new feature that also changes the actual function of BMPs and especially Mishkas in a rather impressive way.

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 2 Jan 2014, 12:27
Post #43

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

QUOTE (EIGHTYTWO @ 2 Jan 2014, 8:50) *
And can we except Classic Cameos in 1.85 .

I also think it would be a good addition. wink.gif

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 2 Jan 2014, 12:51
Post #44

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

QUOTE (Serialkillerwhale @ 2 Jan 2014, 10:55) *
And people COMPLETELY forget that I'm just joking about my account being "Orcinius Genocidalus" and turn it into me actually thinking they don't deserve higher places.

IM A WHALE NOT A FISH.

WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF I CALLED YOU A COW BECAUSE BOTH COWS AND HUMANS LIVE ON THE GROUND AND GO MOO?
Wait, humans DO go moo right?

Sorry then, it's whale hunting season aw.gif

Seems like I'm the only one who understood the joke laugh.gif

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
Chuck Kawosky
post 2 Jan 2014, 22:32
Post #45

Group Icon

Member No.: 9793

When are the ECA accents/voices going to be modified and more realistic. The ECA Supply Dozer what ever it is for example still has an American accent. You know, things like this are still not mentioned about. Excellent work none the less.

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 2 Jan 2014, 22:59
Post #46

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

^They have mentioned countless times they are going to improve both the ECA and Russian voices.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 3 Jan 2014, 0:10
Post #47

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2
Projects: SWR Productions

QUOTE (sim0b @ 2 Jan 2014, 15:32) *
When are the ECA accents/voices going to be modified and more realistic. The ECA Supply Dozer what ever it is for example still has an American accent. You know, things like this are still not mentioned about. Excellent work none the less.

Let us not forget that we are also having to look for voice actors who are not only talented at what they do but that are also willing to do it for free. Let me know when you find a peripheral of people with those requirements on your own time to help then because we're still developing scripts, auditioning actors and it's not always going to be timely. I can say however that one will be changed, fun fact, that's actually my professor from College (and who is now a Director at the company I work for) and was also one of the first recordings we ever did for 'Reds in the College recording studio, next to the FELIN, Panzerfaust, Blackhawk and Cobra. Even those will get re-recorded.

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
Chuck Kawosky
post 3 Jan 2014, 1:21
Post #48

Group Icon

Member No.: 9793

Thanks. I sincerely apologise for the misunderstanding. However, i am able to provide free voice acting although i probably wouldn't qualify as i am of lower class stock with no state education.

+Quote Post
Composite armour
post 3 Jan 2014, 3:41
Post #49

Group Icon

Member No.: 10200

Strange, the ECA dozer always sounded Swedish to me.

--------------------
Composite Armor has been installed, sir.

+Quote Post
MARS
post 3 Jan 2014, 7:34
Post #50

Group Icon

The Excavator was voiced by Styg, AKA DragoNOR, who's Norwegian and while the vehicle itself is supposed to be Swedish (it was directly inspired by a Volvo concept vehicle), you still have to consider the fact that non-native English speakers may still adopt a pseudo-accent because they studied in an English-speaking country or because they want to sound more professional than a stereotypical Kraut extra in a WW2 movie. Hell, whenever I talked to an American or British member of our team on Skype for the first time, I had to -tell- them that I'm actually German. If you look at it from that angle, the Excavator is perfectly fine. Not every unit has to garble their accent to the point of absurdity just to emphasise their nationality.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25 April 2024 - 11:50