Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

New here, got some questions and remarks
Angarok
post 20 Mar 2019, 13:53
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 19645

Hello everybody, just joined this forum. Ive been following ROTR quietly for over a year or so. Generals is probably my favorite C&C from a gameplay perspective, so Im happy to see that people are keeping it alive in such spectacular fashion! That being said, I do have some questions that I cannot find the answer to anywhere:

1. Is there a reason as to why development is not giving any public updates? Until very recently I thought development died off after the last 1.86 update post on moddb and I cant be the only one. The last Youtube upload is from 2016 as well I believe. I dont know how big your team is, so maybe its just too time consuming? Though it would certainly reassure people that this mod and also the community isnt dead.

2. Are the beautiful High-Res graphics from the last update posts coming to the 2.0 release and will they be displayed like this in game? I started playing the game again a bit recently and forgot how bad the resolution is for todays standards. Is that something you intend to (or even are able to) fix?

3. Ive read some things on a community patch and internal (balancing) patches that are not in the public 1.87 release. Are those two things the same? And where can I get them? Also, there is a "Babushkas balancing patch" on moddb (which is how I even found out that ROTR is still being developed). Is that just a take on balance by some unrelated person or is it an "official" patch? Is THAT the community patch?

4. Where are all the Generals for the factions the Wiki talks about? I can only select the base factions in Skirmishes (running 1.87).

That being asked, I have one remark to make regarding the forum: I could only even access it after turning off IPv6 in my networking settings. Before that, the browser just returned a white page with "Could not determine your IP address in the top". And looking at, again, other posts at moddb I am not the only one with this problem. Its quite difficult to find any recent info on the mod for above reasons.

Please dont take this as a rant, Im very happy to see that this is still being worked on!

Have a nice day

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Angarok
post 20 Mar 2019, 19:57
Post #2

Group Icon

Yeah your streams are quite informative, good job on that!

Well I have the Origin version.. I get a popup that Quickstart and Windowed arent supported for the Origin version :/ Any workaround?

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 20 Mar 2019, 20:00
Post #3

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

QUOTE (Angarok @ 20 Mar 2019, 21:57) *
Yeah your streams are quite informative, good job on that!

Well I have the Origin version.. I get a popup that Quickstart and Windowed arent supported for the Origin version :/ Any workaround?

Theres a file that I could send you on discord, but Its a heavy one

--------------------

+Quote Post
Angarok
post 20 Mar 2019, 20:19
Post #4

Group Icon

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 20 Mar 2019, 20:00) *
Theres a file that I could send you on discord, but Its a heavy one

Sent you a PM, idk if it arrived though

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 20 Mar 2019, 20:30
Post #5

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

QUOTE (Angarok @ 20 Mar 2019, 22:19) *
Sent you a PM, idk if it arrived though

The_Spruce_Goose#0096 Is my discord or join the server with the ROTR discord lin on Skitts signature

--------------------

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 April 2024 - 7:25