Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

Official Website

Trailer at Game Trailers

A very interesting concept the game is set in 2010 where a pilot of the US crash lands on a island where the soviets had been experimenting durring the cold war as a result of that the island is sort of constantly shiting in time and going back and forth between 1950 and 2010 as you on the island which drasticly alters the terrain and surroundings.

Most interesting part is the TMD "Time manipulation Device" which you can use to actualy restore a object into it's past form and use it.
A good example is that you can for instance turn a rusty old fuel barrel back to what it used ot be and shoot it and it will explode but it can also be used the other way around to turn a chainlink fence into a pile of rust and best part of all you can also use this to kill your enemies by rapidly aging them into a pile of dust and bones.

I defo find this a very interesting looking game and will be getting it for sure.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dutchygamer
post 11 Jun 2009, 21:51
Post #2

Frontline Chaos mod leader and creator
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 25
Projects: ROTR Tester
Host of

I'm very interested, especially after someone e-mailed me the site of this game. I'll keep my eye on this one...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chyros
post 11 Jun 2009, 22:05
Post #3

Forum Chemist
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 19
Projects: ShockWave Tester
In birro veritas.

Hahaha, that looks really cool XD.gif . I'll definitely give this one a try - especially since it's a Raven game production ^^ .

--------------------
TN

"The courageous enter dark caves alone. The clever send in the courageous first. The cleverest wait behind the clever."
--The Book of Cataclysm

+Quote Post
DELETED MEMBER
post 11 Jun 2009, 22:23
Post #4

BANNED
Group Icon

Member No.: 48

better be good and the time manipulation not another chronoshift fail

--------------------

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 11 Jun 2009, 22:33
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (Kirasama @ 11 Jun 2009, 20:23) *
better be good and the time manipulation not another chronoshift fail

If it mathers any game i played from Raven software (dating back to 1997 to the present day) has never bored me or dissapointed me in anyway I8.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cobretti
post 12 Jun 2009, 1:32
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 47

Yeah, I heard of this game a while back...sounds interesting to say the least. It's a bit too early to tell if the game will be good, but the idea of the TMD sure is original and could make this game much like the Gravity Gun made Half-Life 2 memorable to many.

--------------------
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."-- George S. Patton

Resquiescat in pace, CommanderJB 1991-2009

+Quote Post
RaiDK
post 12 Jun 2009, 4:50
Post #7

GAAAAAAAAAIKIIIIIIIIING!
Group Icon

Member No.: 68

This looks like a title that could be either really good or really average. Depends how creative they get with the time manipulation.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 12 Jun 2009, 11:44
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE (DerKrieger @ 11 Jun 2009, 23:32) *
Yeah, I heard of this game a while back...sounds interesting to say the least. It's a bit too early to tell if the game will be good, but the idea of the TMD sure is original and could make this game much like the Gravity Gun made Half-Life 2 memorable to many.

Indeed and an other interesting fact is that you can actualy use the TMD as a gravity gun too altho one other aspect in this is interesting.
Instead of just grabbing a object you can also freeze it in time meaning you can freeze a hot grenade and the fuse will not go off untill you drop it again or use the "pulse" abbility of the device to launch it at the enemy tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
NergiZed
post 12 Jun 2009, 15:32
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 96

The only game with 'time-fuckery' that I've ever liked is in the Prince of Persia series. All other games simply have a tacked-on time-slowing or rewinding mechanic. The only other game I know with 'time-fuckery' as it's core mechanic was Time Shift and that game was a mediocre Half-Life 2 wanna-be.

However, I usually give these types of First-Person-Revolutions (games like Mirror's Edge, Alone in the Dark, and Time Shift) a try before tossing them into the gutter.

--------------------

+Quote Post
RaiDK
post 12 Jun 2009, 16:16
Post #10

GAAAAAAAAAIKIIIIIIIIING!
Group Icon

Member No.: 68

Timeshift's redeeming factors were that it looked awesome and the guns were fun to fire. Seriously, killing things with the rocket launcher in that game looked and felt completely awesome.

The game had some interesting ideas regarding time control (IE. Freezing time to walk across water), but it wasn't creative enough in how you could use it.

Last boss was all kinds of epic though. "Here's a giant mech on the horizon. Have an unlimited supply of the best weapon in the game."

--------------------

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 14 Jun 2009, 3:18
Post #11

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2

Do want.

This is definitively something I'll be looking up later aw.gif

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
NergiZed
post 14 Jun 2009, 21:16
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 96

QUOTE (RaiDK @ 12 Jun 2009, 20:16) *
Timeshift's redeeming factors were that it looked awesome and the guns were fun to fire. Seriously, killing things with the rocket launcher in that game looked and felt completely awesome.

The game had some interesting ideas regarding time control (IE. Freezing time to walk across water), but it wasn't creative enough in how you could use it.

Last boss was all kinds of epic though. "Here's a giant mech on the horizon. Have an unlimited supply of the best weapon in the game."

My fav part about that game is the ability to stop time and take enemies weapons away from them, and then kill the over and over again with their own weapon. (stop time, take weapon, enemy is all like: 'wtf!?', shoot 'em, rewind time, shoot 'em again, repeat.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18 April 2024 - 23:50