Reply to this topicStart new topic
Leang and Horde Bonus?
TheSilverHands
post 24 Apr 2020, 20:54
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 17896

I know that Leang does not have Propaganda (higher rate of fire and healing) nor Nationalism (more damage with groups of 5 or more), but has the Beetle Targeting Computer, White Napalm, and Ravage Armor upgrades. Her units can become strong without needing Propaganda nor Horde Bonus, hence "Special Weapons". But I am curious, why is her infantry the only units with Horde Bonus? Also, Pyros are said to have Horde Bonus, but from what I have tested, they do not seem to have the Horde Bonus perk nor have red stars underneath them. Only MG Red Guards and Grenadier Tank Hunters have Horde Bonus. Also, would it make sense for Ravage Tanks or Advanced Gattling Tanks to have Horde Bonus, especially with the upgrades they have?
When I think about it, the other China Generals have Horde Bonus even with big upgrades. Units that have Horde Bonus also have good upgrades. Kwai has Chain Guns (Gattling Tanks), Explosive Armor (Battlemasters and Warmasters), Black Napalm (Warmasters), 3-shell autoloaders (Battlemasters), Nuclear Tanks (Battlemasters and Warmasters), and Depleted Uranium Shells (Battlemasters and Warmasters). Tao has Chain Guns (Gattling Tanks), Fusion Reactors (Battlemasters and Gattling Tanks), and Weapons-Grade Uranium Shells (Battlemasters).

It makes sense if some of Leang's units have Horde Bonus because they are also a China faction, but there is no Nationalism because she does not have a Propaganda Center (unless she gets one somehow and purchases the upgrade). I think Ravage Tanks and Advanced Gattling Tanks should have Horde Bonus. Sure, she may start with Chain Guns and Black Napalm right away, but so does Kwai and Tao. Kwai starts with 2-shell autoloaders for Battlemasters and veterancy for all tanks, and Tao starts with Nuclear Tanks and Depleted Uranium Shells. When I think about it, all of their units have a lot of upgrades. Ravage Tanks only have two upgrades total, and Advanced Gattling Tanks have one upgrade total. I think Horde Bonus and the possibility for the Nationalism upgrade should be present for those two units.

One other question: does Leang's Listening Outpost with an anti-air gattling cannon benefit from the Beetle Targeting Computer upgrade? I don't think it does, but it should. None of her infantry has anti-air capabilities, and Advanced Gattling Tanks are the only other good anti-air ground unit (she has MiGs, but they heavily depend on Air Fields to reload and repair, they don't stay and guard all the time, and they are not cheap- one costs more than a Buratino).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29 March 2024 - 6:27