Reply to this topicStart new topic
Special power enum in ROTR, How maany enums left to use
five star genera...
post 16 Jun 2017, 15:47
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10312

Hi guys i am making addon for ROTR and i want to add two more generals to USA to use different paradrops but dont know are there any free enums left in ROTR because russia uses two for VDV and conscripts. And i need one more for artillery barage.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 17 Jun 2017, 13:44
Post #2

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

ENUMs are engine instructions that do particular things, you cannot just randomly use one and expect it to work with whatever you want. Plus I am sure most if not all ENUMs are already planned out for ROTR.

... you can however copy an ENUM from a power that doesn't have a side-bar shortcut that is similar to what might want to do.

+Quote Post
five star genera...
post 18 Jun 2017, 0:38
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10312

QUOTE (Shiro @ 17 Jun 2017, 14:44) *
... you can however copy an ENUM from a power that doesn't have a side-bar shortcut that is similar to what might want to do.

Thanks this is helpfull.

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 18 Jun 2017, 10:31
Post #4

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

You're welcome. But I should mention that having multiple different powers with the same ENUM only works mostly flawlessly if none of them are side-bar powers, hence the limitation mentioned.

This is because SAGE bugs out on this for some reason - if a player has multiple objects with different powers that use the same ENUM, then any side-bar shortcuts relating to those powers will not work. Oddly, it is ONLY the side-bar shortcuts, the regular buttons in the selected units/buildings will work just fine.

You can test this even in unpatched vZH, if you have a regular GLA and Toxin Gen Command Center and try to use the Ambush power's shortcut. It will not work.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 23:54