Shockwave wont launch Windows 7
mkdemo
post 15 Feb 2016, 21:13
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 12601

Firstly, Hello all!

We used to play Shockwave at uni alllll the time and was a blast! So thanks for that.

I installed it again a few months ago and everything ran smoothly. after a clean out, i reinstalled the game again yesterday but Shockwave wont launch.

It's a clean install of generals and zero hour both of which run and work fine. I can install Shockwave with no problems but when i try and launch the game from the launcher it just does nothing, spam the button and just nothing!!

Any help would be great

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 16 Feb 2016, 16:36
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10811
Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

Run as admin

--------------------

+Quote Post
SchwererKreuzer
post 16 Feb 2016, 17:36
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 12595

QUOTE (mkdemo @ 15 Feb 2016, 21:13) *
Firstly, Hello all!

We used to play Shockwave at uni alllll the time and was a blast! So thanks for that.

I installed it again a few months ago and everything ran smoothly. after a clean out, i reinstalled the game again yesterday but Shockwave wont launch.

It's a clean install of generals and zero hour both of which run and work fine. I can install Shockwave with no problems but when i try and launch the game from the launcher it just does nothing, spam the button and just nothing!!

Any help would be great

Thanks

http://www.pcgamer.com/security-update-dis...-vista-7-and-8/

+Quote Post
mkdemo
post 16 Feb 2016, 22:17
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 12601

Yea, i've tried the whole admin thing, read multiple posts, clean install multiple times all to no avail.

I did however find this old thread http://forums.swr-productions.com/index.php?showtopic=2025

and based on what someone said i renamed all the .gib files to .big

This has solved the problem and i can now run Shockwave using the ZeroHour launcher. Obviously no Zerohour now but hey.

I'd still like to know why it wont run from the launcher, so if anyone else could shed any light that would be great!

+Quote Post
Soldier Generals...
post 18 Feb 2016, 20:29
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 12614

QUOTE (mkdemo @ 16 Feb 2016, 13:17) *
Yea, i've tried the whole admin thing, read multiple posts, clean install multiple times all to no avail.

I did however find this old thread http://forums.swr-productions.com/index.php?showtopic=2025

and based on what someone said i renamed all the .gib files to .big

This has solved the problem and i can now run Shockwave using the ZeroHour launcher. Obviously no Zerohour now but hey.

I'd still like to know why it wont run from the launcher, so if anyone else could shed any light that would be great!

I install cnctuc_launchers.zip and all ok.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 23:30