Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9540

Cuban Republic

Leader: Alejandro Fernandez // Alexei Fedorovich
Capital: Havana
Population: 24,412,387
Manpower: approx. 34,000

Cuba has long been the only communist state in North America. The Castro family began ruling after the Cuban Revolution in 1959, who have been basing their ideologies on Marxist-Leninist Communism. Raúl Castro became the leader after Fidel Castro resigned in 2008. The new Castro ruled Cuba in the single-party for well over two decades, but during the 2020's, the Castro family's rule came to an end. For the most part of it, at least during the 21st century, the population viewed the government as all fine and dandy. The problem was, of course, the embargo. In 2021 a poll was drawn in the United States, asking the population whether or not they would like to see an end to the Cuban embargo, which had been imposed since 1960. A total of 27 million voted and 56% would like to see the embargo broken, so the US government prepared to remove the blockade and allow free export and import to Cuba. As it was removed, the Global War on Terror suddenly spread into the Americas. The GLA utilized the newly opened doors into Cuba, and used the island to store chemical weapons and troops, allowed, and even suggested, by Castro. It wasn't long until the secret was revealed and the United States quickly sought to send an ultimatum to Cuba; forcing them to end all pro-GLA activity or face an invasion. At first, Castro was going to deny it, but he didn't have time until he was toppled by his own government. Raúl Castro was imprisoned by his right-hand man, Alejandro Fernandez alias Alexei Fedorovich, a Spanish-Russian which entered Castro's service in 2020. Fernandez had close ties with Moscow and Suvorov, and aimed to make Cuba a "Caribbean Russia".

Guantanamo Bay became a Cuban military compound in the later 2030s.

However, as one problem was resolved, another was born. The United States was the closest superpower to Cuba and would obviously not let them be influenced by Russia. When the NAU was formed, Cuba ignored an invitation from America. Fernandez expected to join the newly formed South American Pact, but he was denied entry. Now he was stuck between America and Russia and had no idea which side to choose. The SAP assisted Russia with influencing Cuba, although Fernandez had changed his mind; he didn't want Cuba to be a Caribbean Russia anymore. America further influenced Cuba by providing them with military equipment and protection from foreign foes, something the population of Cuba was very grateful for. Russia, in response, allowed greater import of seeds and crops to Cuba. Even as much as Russia tried, Cuba eventually fell to the Americans influencers and opted to support them, but not downright assist them. The United States offered up Guantanamo Bay, a military naval base that hasn't been in use since the US entered isolation in the 2020s (essentially a "ghost base"). Fernandez gladly accepted the deal and became a great supporter of America and the NAU, but wasn't a full-time member. In the end, tourists from America, Europe and Canada flocked to Cuba and Fernandez was the democratic leader, positioned over the people who are gladly looking up to him.

Republic of Hispaniola

Leader: The Tapia Brothers
Capital: Santo Domingo
Population: 19,047,547
Manpower: approx. 15,000

The Republic of Haiti has had a bad start in the 21st century. Coups, earthquakes and outbreaks have been problems that would or have taken a long time to repair. Luckily, things started look good for Haiti when Miguel Tapia assumed leadership in Haiti during the 2020s. Tapia was a smart man, and by bypassing some restriction laws and providing better work options, he rebuilt Haiti into a shining country in the Caribbean, like it used to be. Only a couple of years after that, Miguel's brother, James Tapia, assumed leadership in the neighboring country Dominic who had fared far better than Haiti during the century. The Tapia brothers had one goal in mind; to unify the island of Hispaniola into a single country. They had a problem though; the superpower America was watching them closely so unification was out of the question... at least until the Global War on Terror started taking its toll. When America entered isolation and the United Nations was seemingly powerless in New York, the Tapia Brothers created a poll to see how much of the population would like to unify Haiti and the Dominican Republic. Surprisingly, more than 80% wanted unification and saw it as a great way to increase the country in relations, population and tourism. The NAU however disliked the idea of a unified Hispaniola; because they saw it as problematic should they join the SAP. Even against pressure from the NAU, Hispaniola was able to grow great relations with the rest of South America. America didn't want to intervene because the SAP was allied with Russia which could lead to catastrophic consequences. In the end, US President Kevin O'Connor accepts the unified republic and states: "Stop asking me for a god damn statement; we have more pressing matters!"

The relief efforts in Haiti decreased during the Global War on Terror, which gave the populations more reasons to unite.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Overdose
post 17 Jul 2013, 21:18
Post #2

Hardly Diplomatic
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 4
Projects: Retired

Interesting man. Keep up the good work.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 17 Jul 2013, 22:14
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE (Overdose @ 17 Jul 2013, 22:18) *
Interesting man. Keep up the good work.

Thanks 'Dose! I am currently working on a fan-fic regarding conspiracies in the RotR-verse.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 18 Jul 2013, 6:42
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

That sounds like an interesting subject. I would imagine the internet being rampant with credible and fantastical conspiracy theories in a world that has China as the leading superpower, a hypercompetent, unkillable terrorist army and a Euro/American split, not to mention all the strange technologies. Hell, whatever odd things people might see at night in the wilderness of Chelyabinsk might be worth exploring on its own.

+Quote Post
Jester
post 18 Jul 2013, 6:55
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 80
Forum Mechanic

Does elvis still live on the moon in the ROTR-verse? Nah I'm just kidding tongue.gif

+Quote Post
MARS
post 18 Jul 2013, 10:49
Post #6

Group Icon

Hell, as if in-universe conspiracy theories weren't enough of an interesting hook, we could also think of in-universe internet memes^^

But yeah, Swedishplayer, if you're going for a conspiracy themed fan-fiction, you could totally use that thinly veiled Alex Jones parody from the NWO update as a narrative PoV.

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 18 Jul 2013, 12:11
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE (MARS @ 18 Jul 2013, 11:49) *
Hell, as if in-universe conspiracy theories weren't enough of an interesting hook, we could also think of in-universe internet memes^^

But yeah, Swedishplayer, if you're going for a conspiracy themed fan-fiction, you could totally use that thinly veiled Alex Jones parody from the NWO update as a narrative PoV.

I'm currently writing it as a "Stuff They Don't Want You To Know"-styled narrative. I am thinking if including some spooky music but I can't seem to find a good tune...

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 18 Jul 2013, 12:45
Post #8

Group Icon

When in doubt, X-Files theme. Approved by the Cigarette Smoking Man himself.

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 18 Jul 2013, 17:39
Post #9

Group Icon

I would just like to point out that the RotR-verse map has been updated slightly, since Joakim has duties in real life (he said if he wasn't able to update the map, I should try it). I am having trouble finding some of the previous fan-fictions about countries, and I am not sure what fan-fics can be considered canon or not.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jester
post 18 Jul 2013, 18:33
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 80
Forum Mechanic

Why not create a sub category for fan fictions? It would make finding them a lot easier in the future for reference and re-reading.

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 18 Jul 2013, 18:43
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE (Jester @ 18 Jul 2013, 19:33) *
Why not create a sub category for fan fictions? It would make finding them a lot easier in the future for reference and re-reading.

Yeah, we've proposed it many times but...? Can't it be done?

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 18 Jul 2013, 19:27
Post #12

Group Icon

It can and it should be done, it's just that we haven't gotten to it yet. I'll actually bring that right up to The Hunter the next time I talk to him, which'll be within the next half hour.

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 18 Jul 2013, 19:58
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE (MARS @ 18 Jul 2013, 20:27) *
It can and it should be done, it's just that we haven't gotten to it yet. I'll actually bring that right up to The Hunter the next time I talk to him, which'll be within the next half hour.

Will every piece of fan-fiction be moved there or do we just post them there in the future?

EDIT: Ignore the top line, I just realized how difficult it would be to move every piece from the beginning to end...

This post has been edited by swedishplayer-97: 18 Jul 2013, 19:58

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 18 Jul 2013, 20:04
Post #14

Group Icon

^ Actually, I will do exactly that once the section is up.

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 18 Jul 2013, 20:07
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE (MARS @ 18 Jul 2013, 21:04) *
^ Actually, I will do exactly that once the section is up.

Won't that take hours?

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 18 Jul 2013, 20:09
Post #16

Group Icon

So what if it does? If my work inspires you lads to write these things, I might as well treat them with the proper gratitude and put them all in one place for quick reference.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15 June 2024 - 13:37