Reply to this topicStart new topic
Black Lotus upgrade combat issue
TheSilverHands
post 22 Mar 2019, 22:02
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 17896

Black Lotus, like the rest of the hero units, make me slightly unhappy if they get killed unexpectedly.
That satellite hack upgrade is a pain since she does not run far enough to avoid the airstrike, and she burns up or blows up in the process.
Oftentimes I like utilizing this ability at the edges of an enemy base, especially where there are limited base defenses where she could be detected (mainly near the back of the base at the edge of the map, excluding any supply centers since they are usually guarded by base defenses on med and hard AI). This means that if she were to call an airstrike, the fucking plane would attack right where she is at and fucking kill her.

I have two solutions:
She can call the airstrike at a distance, similarly to her abilities where she can do her thing a distance away from the target.
OR
She can call an airstrike when she makes contact with a structure or vehicle, and she automatically runs out of the fucking way to avoid getting hit, and the plane has like a 3-second delay before it attacks its target.

...Her screams haunt me...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 22 Mar 2019, 23:07
Post #2

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

QUOTE (TheSilverHands @ 23 Mar 2019, 0:02) *
Black Lotus, like the rest of the hero units, make me slightly unhappy if they get killed unexpectedly.
That satellite hack upgrade is a pain since she does not run far enough to avoid the airstrike, and she burns up or blows up in the process.
Oftentimes I like utilizing this ability at the edges of an enemy base, especially where there are limited base defenses where she could be detected (mainly near the back of the base at the edge of the map, excluding any supply centers since they are usually guarded by base defenses on med and hard AI). This means that if she were to call an airstrike, the fucking plane would attack right where she is at and fucking kill her.

I have two solutions:
She can call the airstrike at a distance, similarly to her abilities where she can do her thing a distance away from the target.
OR
She can call an airstrike when she makes contact with a structure or vehicle, and she automatically runs out of the fucking way to avoid getting hit, and the plane has like a 3-second delay before it attacks its target.

...Her screams haunt me...

That's what she does, she always runs a safe distance after using the ability, using the ability at a distance would be really silly thou, you're calling a single point worth of airstrike AKA A-10, Phosphorus strike or the Napalm strike from the closest corner of the map which means intercepting is harder. Not to mention that you can upgrade it with black napalm

I've had times when I hunted overlords down on close games, disabled them first then called in an a-10 for the glorious game-changing moment

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 21:33