shockwavemod and serious error, need help, so ennoying :(
drhouse21
post 25 Dec 2013, 17:16
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 999

hi guys,

i am from germany and it is impossible to thank the guys for making shockwave and rotr mod because both are two great mods, even better than generals or zero hour together. i am playing generals and zero hour since they were released and am following both mods since they were announced so this is impossible to believe what you have done guys:D:D:D:D

and also this forum is working so good and serving very good support for example yesterday when i had a problem with cross tech with gen fai.

but now my problem is more elementary: the day before yesterday i brought out my old pc to play shwmod and rotr and first made a fresh install of generals, zero hour, both patched and then shwmod. but now it is really annoying with that crap of serious error because earlier it wasn't a big problem it occured once in a couple of weeks but now after bringing up my old pc (windows xp, 3,2 ghz pentium 4, ati radeon x740xl graphic card, all drivers and updates installed) it occurs once every hour or two hours and so does not allow me to enjoy the game:(sad.gifsad.gif(( can you please help me??? the only way to solve i think is to format the whole pc...... but this would be very time-consuming...

thank you

merry christmas

p.s: sry for my english:D
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
z741
post 25 Dec 2013, 19:23
Post #2

Stealth Master
Group Icon

Member No.: 8990

Well it could be a number of things. I need more info.

What size Hard Drive?

How much memory does your comp have?

And it is a lot easier to play it on win 7/8

--------------------

+Quote Post
drhouse21
post 25 Dec 2013, 20:43
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE (z741 @ 25 Dec 2013, 19:23) *
Well it could be a number of things. I need more info.

What size Hard Drive?

How much memory does your comp have?

hard drive 320 gb
memory 3gb
graphic card 1gb
but all the years ago it was so clean and still performing good because i am not playing that much because of university but now because of christmas i just want to play again it was so long ago i played:(

on win 8 i didn't have tried it yet and nor i am going to try to run it under 8 but under 7 i tried it 2011 when the final 1.1 was released but then something happened to my pc and the guy who fixed it said that this pc should only run with the shipped version of xp otherwise the problems under 7 could appear again... but honestly i have to say that these "every hour one serious error cases" were not existing. is it possible that these problems may occur because my pc was so long storaged being inactive? because one thing i notice now is that a wireless router direct under the pc will not be found but routers that are in a different floor below or over the floor where i am are found!??! and all the drivers and updates are installed i don't know how to progresss because i have to save very often fearing that an error could destroy all the feeling and progress of the game
but just a couple of minutes ago it said: not able to load save game blablaba
i don't know how to carry on:(

can you please help me?
i have red something on this fourm that i have to rename some files with the ending .big or .gib??? is that true should i try it? or is there a more elegant solution?
will this problem occure even if i reinstall generals, zero hour, patches and shw 1.1?
should i install 7 or should i format the pc again with xp?

thank you for advices
you are very helpful at this forum

merry christmas

This post has been edited by drhouse21: 25 Dec 2013, 20:52

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 26 Dec 2013, 14:05
Post #4

The X General
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

QUOTE (z741 @ 26 Dec 2013, 2:23) *

Not really. It's actually a lot easier to play on XP since then you don't have to fiddle around with compatibility settings, administrator privelages, and all that other crap. You just install and play.

@Topic: If the mod used to work on your PC before, and you installed it the same then and now, then your problem might simply be your PC is old and in need of cleaning/maintenance.

--------------------

+Quote Post
drhouse21
post 20 Apr 2014, 1:39
Post #5

Group Icon

hi guys,

thanks for all the Support, but now i have a new Problem, after my exams and University related stuff ended, i decided to clean up my pc and so i want to Play without Errors or Problems. as you said above i made a fresh clearance of my pc and i added Windows 7 instead of xp because Microsoft is no longer supporting it.
after installing Generals and Zero hour i was needed to patch them offline via the extra files which i must have downloaded separately. after running and patching both to 1.04 /1.8 i installed shockwavemod and also the mappack.
but now after starting shockwavemod it sais: your Computer Needs to be restarted to continue to the patch??????!!!!!???
after restarting it is trying to patch Generals to 1.3 although everythin is patched to the recent Version?

can you please help me????

This post has been edited by drhouse21: 20 Apr 2014, 1:40

+Quote Post
XAttus
post 20 Apr 2014, 12:20
Post #6

Arena maker
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 10203

Never heard about that error before, you don't need to bother with generals and ZH has to be on 1.04 in order to play SHW.

Do you have TFD version? Could you attach a screenshot of the error?

--------------------
XAttus
-game anyone?

The Hunter
- Nobody wants to play bombtruck simulator with you

+Quote Post
drhouse21
post 22 Apr 2014, 1:08
Post #7

Group Icon

sry but how to do that? mellow.gif

+Quote Post
drhouse21
post 22 Apr 2014, 2:42
Post #8

Group Icon

ok i solved it: i just installed it into C: and not D: i didnt even know why i have done it that way but what else now it is working and i can Play without Errors.
so i will refresh myself and warm up with shockwave until RotR 1.85 will get released very soon!

but anyway: thanks for the Support!!!! you guys are really unbelievable!!!

cheers

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20 April 2024 - 6:36