Reply to this topicStart new topic
Salvage Revolution, GLA version of Red Revolution
RedDeadSmeg
post 21 Jul 2017, 20:52
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 13220

As requested, here is the GLA version of Red Revolution.

"My General, today the fate of the future rests in your hands. We have finally made it to the Russian capital, thanks in no small part to our alliance with the rogue Russian general who wishes to overthrow the weak and pathetic leaders of the Federation. Today, you will give Moscow a bright future when you liberate its people from the tyrants that control their lives. Today, a new Russian leader will support our righteous cause, and destroy those who have stood against the GLA."

"Our forces are standing ready for the final push on the Kremlin. The Russians are deeply entrenched in the south of the capital and we are not capable of facing them head on. You will need cunning to dislodge the two bases standing between ourselves and the Kremlin itself. Try to quickly destroy the production structures of each base, and you have an easier time reaching your target."

"Once Russia is under our control, the United States, China and Europe will regret the day they defied the Global Liberation Army."

Objective: Destroy the Kremlin's Command Bunker.

Hints:

There are two GLA vehicles (not under your control) by your starting force which you can destroy to collect basic GLA salvage.

There is a small rebel Russian camp somewhere on the map. If you can contact them, they will be yours to command.

Updates on future missions:

I'm currently working on the sequel to the 'Strained Conscience' mission as part of a mini General Orlov campaign I have planned. It will take about a month or more to complete depending on time. The campaign will involve a special Russian version of Red Revolution. As such, it is highly unlikely I'll be making missions for the other factions for a while.

Anyway, good luck General.

[attachment=2574:RedRevolutionGLA.zip]

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Calvin
post 23 Jul 2017, 16:08
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 12618

Hi nice mission currently i still haven't finished it yet but i have encountered a wierd bug where i captured a Russian CC and now this happens also i would like to ask why there aren't any thermobaric weapons and T1 units for me to recycle tech from also its kinda easy for me to drop an anthrax bomb on nearby bases except for the one beyond the bridge, also i managed to sneak a few bomb trucks to destroy a blackbear since there wasn't any detectors nearby either way good mission.
Attached File  shot_2017_07_23_22_25_51.jpg ( 206.44K ) Number of downloads: 24

+Quote Post
RedDeadSmeg
post 23 Jul 2017, 17:11
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 13220

QUOTE (Calvin @ 23 Jul 2017, 16:08) *
Hi nice mission currently i still haven't finished it yet but i have encountered a wierd bug where i captured a Russian CC and now this happens also i would like to ask why there aren't any thermobaric weapons and T1 units for me to recycle tech from also its kinda easy for me to drop an anthrax bomb on nearby bases except for the one beyond the bridge, also i managed to sneak a few bomb trucks to destroy a blackbear since there wasn't any detectors nearby either way good mission.
Attached File  shot_2017_07_23_22_25_51.jpg ( 206.44K ) Number of downloads: 24

Hi thanks for the feedback.

I'm not sure what bug you mean but I think you mean the Scud Storm being unavailable. If you build a Scud Storm it is scripted that you will not to be able to build any more. This is to try and keep this mission close to the original Red Revolution from Red Alert 2. (Although there is a way to be able to build more than one Scud Storm, but you need a lot of money spare.)

The lack of T1 Russian recycle tech is down to the units that the AI use to attack you. The attack teams haven't changed since the Chinese version of this mission, so it's unlikely you can recycle T1 Russian tech. In fact I'm not sure which units can make you have that tech.

Each Russian base has a weakness e.g the orange base lacks decent anti-air which is why it is easy to use the Anthrax Bomb.

Sneaking a few bomb trucks in to destroy strong targets is what the GLA does best! I see what you mean though, I may put an Early Warning Outpost by the Kremlin to make it slightly harder in a future update.

Thanks for playing and glad you liked it.

+Quote Post
Calvin
post 24 Jul 2017, 10:05
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 12618

Also i want to add that i found out angry mobs were effective against those veteran kodiaks that were being sent so after yesterday i thought up how to use it and now i know i simply need 2 forces for the 2 waves that were being sent Marauders for the Tunguska and Grizzly and Angry mobs against the kodiaks, the infantry i just used Jarmen Kell to kill them all and the occasional Toxin Tractor

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 10:46