IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Culinary Disscusion, because we can disscus things that aren't politics too.
(USA)Bruce
post 6 Jun 2014, 11:28
Post #26

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

^Its fine bro the middle east thanks to the ottoman rule and history etc was a mixup of many cultures...

On another note I enjoy the turkish Mantı/Dumpling ALOT, Checked up on wikipedia and other sources and it seems its not a anatolian turkish thing but morely a midasian Uyghur turk dish that came here over time.

Even if I usually eat it, I just get the easy 1-2-3 kinds that you can throw into the freezer.The premade dumplings with groundbeef inside is really nice.All I do is prepare garlic to mix with yogurt and prepare a tomato sauce then serve it with varios spices such as mint,dried red peppers and sumac.But I've seen people add a whole diffrent batch of spices...What ever floats your boat I guess...
Heres a link with good details on how to do them;
http://www.panningtheglobe.com/2013/11/05/turkish-manti/

Thing is I eat the prepackaged ones cause the ones sold in the open(Still in fridges ofc) but handmade.You can never be sure wich ones are good cause local housewives take it as an insult to buying premade ones when they can make it better themselves mindfuck.gif So not alot of people buy them from local corner stores.Plus atleast about me; I cant tell if they were made ten months ago or yesterday from the crust of the dough tongue.gif
BUT- In the apartment Im currently living the women here have thier *Hen Days* to put wich they prepare alot of local dishes and I always join them for a nice chat...But really its for the Mantı they make >:) hehe
Made some myself from scratch but I was dead tired by the time I got it ready....

Quick note; I just put the pic of the mantı from the web and the link is for istanbul mantı.Thing is I cant find a dish as spiced and sauced as I usually eat...Maybe Its my inner american enjoying more then the locals lol

This post has been edited by Brusa chan: 6 Jun 2014, 11:36

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cobretti
post 6 Jun 2014, 14:17
Post #27

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 47

Those Manti sound tasty, lots of good stuff here. I'm pretty partial to Turkish/Greek food myself. Here's one of my new favorites. Living in the Nashville, TN area with its large Korean immigrant population, stuff like Bulgogi is very common in Korean restaurants and I developed a strong taste for it. Korean BBQ is some of the best BBQ I've had, rivaling Texas style BBQ (which will be a post for later). Bulgogi is a must try if you like beef.

Bulgogi beef:

-680 grams of short ribs or similar steak, etc.
-60 mL soy sauce
-22 mL rice wine vinegar
-15 mL sesame seeds
-15 mL fresh ginger, grated
-15 mL dark brown sugar
-15 mL sesame oil
-15 mL honey
-2 cloves chopped garlic
-2 chopped green onions
-2 mL crushed red pepper

Cut the steak into very thin slices and place in a flat glass pan. In a small bowl, combine the other ingredients and pour over the steak, making sure the beef is evenly coated. Cover tightly and refrigerate for several hours.

The recipe is pretty versatile. You can grill the steak and serve rolled into lettuce leaves with green onion, chopped garlic and Korean chili sauce, stir-fry with vegetables and chili sauce and serve over rice, or make bulgogi-jungol stew. You'll generally need a bit more bulgogi than the prior recipe stated, though.

Bulgogi-Jungol

-1 kg bulgogi beef with marinade
-1 onion chopped into strips
-2 chopped green onions
-2 carrots chopped into strips
-75 g bean sprouts
-vegetables such as chopped bell pepper, green chili pepper, & broccoli
-240 mL water
-150 g mushrooms (enoki, shiitake, or button)
-1 block tofu
-small amount of soy sauce or salt to taste
-package of cellophane/dangmyun/sweet potato noodles

Preparation:
-In a soup pot or a large wok, stir fry marinated bulgogi and onion(s) for a couple minutes. Put ALL the marinade into the pot, do not discard any liquid.
-Add vegetables (except for mushrooms) and cover with water.
-Bring to a boil.
-Reduce to a low simmer.
-After 5 minutes, add mushrooms, tofu, and scallions.
-Turn off after 3-4 minutes.
-Season to taste with salt and soy sauce.
-If adding noodles, add cellphane (dangmyun) with the mushrooms or add pre-cooked noodles at the end.

This post has been edited by DerKrieger: 7 Jun 2014, 1:15

--------------------
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."-- George S. Patton

Resquiescat in pace, CommanderJB 1991-2009

+Quote Post
Emin96
post 8 Jul 2014, 23:24
Post #28

CHINA MAIN
Group Icon

Group: Donator
Member No.: 10145
ROTR Italian Translator

i will present you cevapcici:

Ćevapi is a grilled dish of minced meat, a type of kebab, found traditionally in the countries of southeastern Europe (the Balkans). They are considered a national dish in Bosnia and Herzegovina[1] and Serbia[2][3][4] and are also common in Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia, as well as in Republic of Macedonia, Bulgaria, Romania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Austria and the Italian province bordering Slovenia.

They are usually served of 5–10 pieces on a plate or in a flatbread (lepinje or somun), often with chopped onions, sour cream, kajmak, ajvar, cottage cheese, minced red pepper and salt. Bosnian ćevapi are made from two types of minced beef meat, hand mixed and formed with a funnel, while formed ćevapi are grilled. Serb ćevapčići are made of either beef, lamb or pork or mixed. Macedonian, Croatian, Bulgarian and Romanian varieties are often made of both pork and beeF.

recipes:
3 lbs. ground beef (aim for 8o/20 meat/ fat ratio)
2 Tbs. vegeta
3 cloves garlic minced
1/4 – 1/2 cup sparkling water
1 cup hot beef broth or water
Salt & pepper (to taste–I use 1 tsp. salt & 1/2 tsp. pepper)
Bread (ciabatta pref)

This post has been edited by emin96: 8 Jul 2014, 23:31

--------------------

+Quote Post
nikitazero678
post 14 Jul 2014, 10:00
Post #29

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10536

I have a numerous amount of food I like, but what I liked the most is the following Indonesian street culinary menus:

Martabak
Ah... this pancake-like dish has two variants, by the way:

Egg

Sweet

The former, filled with meat, eggs and vegetables, really tastes great as I munch them. The latter, especially with cheese and milk whom I liked so much, was so tasty too. In short, I really liked both of them and often bought them whenever I had the chance.

Batagor

Short for baso tahu goreng (lit. "fried meatballs and tofu"), it is simply a fried fish dumplings often served with ketchup and peanut sauce, which is the fried version of siomay (explained below). Readily available in the streets, I enjoyed batagor so much that I always buy and eat them whenever I found them. It was so tasty and nice, especially the ones in my hometown Bandung, and I am proud to say that Bandung's batagor is one of the best!

Siomay

As mentioned before, it is the steam-cooked variant of batagor (explained above) whom it is derived from. I enjoyed siomay as much as batagor for roughly the same reason.

Pempek

A savory fishcake hailing from Palembang and came in many variants, such as pempek kapal selam ("submarine pempek") that is my most preferred variant. Sometimes it was served along with noodles and cucumbers, although I usually don't add them. The reason I enjoyed it so much is because it is crispy, yet tasty, especially with its vinegar-like sauce that adds some taste to them.

This post has been edited by nikitazero678: 14 Jul 2014, 10:02

+Quote Post
Knossos
post 14 Jul 2014, 13:04
Post #30

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9942

QUOTE (nikitazero678 @ 14 Jul 2014, 17:00) *
I have a numerous amount of food I like, but what I liked the most is the following Indonesian street culinary menus:

Martabak
Ah... this pancake-like dish has two variants, by the way:

Egg

Sweet

The former, filled with meat, eggs and vegetables, really tastes great as I munch them. The latter, especially with cheese and milk whom I liked so much, was so tasty too. In short, I really liked both of them and often bought them whenever I had the chance.

Batagor

Short for baso tahu goreng (lit. "fried meatballs and tofu"), it is simply a fried fish dumplings often served with ketchup and peanut sauce, which is the fried version of siomay (explained below). Readily available in the streets, I enjoyed batagor so much that I always buy and eat them whenever I found them. It was so tasty and nice, especially the ones in my hometown Bandung, and I am proud to say that Bandung's batagor is one of the best!

Siomay

As mentioned before, it is the steam-cooked variant of batagor (explained above) whom it is derived from. I enjoyed siomay as much as batagor for roughly the same reason.

Pempek

A savory fishcake hailing from Palembang and came in many variants, such as pempek kapal selam ("submarine pempek") that is my most preferred variant. Sometimes it was served along with noodles and cucumbers, although I usually don't add them. The reason I enjoyed it so much is because it is crispy, yet tasty, especially with its vinegar-like sauce that adds some taste to them.

We eat Siomai here as well, although not as a proper cuisine.

--------------------
"The biggest problem of humanity is that it sees the failures first before the successes."

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27 April 2024 - 19:29