Reply to this topicStart new topic
Feature request
Shockwavelover84
post 2 Mar 2012, 22:36
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8901

Can ROTR include a feature which causes all units/buildings of an enemy faction to appear visible on your mini-map, if all of their command centers are destroyed?

Other than the USA with their Intelligence ability (or China with their own version of this ability in ROTR), it can be a big chore for the other Generals factions (GLA in particular) if you've destroyed the majority of the enemy's base, but one lone building still exists somewhere on the battlefield.

In Shockwave, I remember times where I'd play as the GLA and have to spend 10 minutes or more searching the battlefield for that one remaining enemy supply center.

This post has been edited by Shockwavelover84: 2 Mar 2012, 22:47
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Evan
post 2 Mar 2012, 22:38
Post #2

Mapper Extraordinaire
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 8893

Y U WANT 2 RUIN BALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCE!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shockwavelover84
post 2 Mar 2012, 22:45
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE (Evan @ 2 Mar 2012, 23:38) *
Y U WANT 2 RUIN BALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCE!

I don't see it as ruining balance. It would apply to all factions, and it would only be in effect temporarily if if the enemy faction's command centers have all been destroyed (if they rebuild the command center, then their units would not be visible). Because at the point when a faction has lost all their command centers, they're usually on the verge of defeat anyway - so the purpose would be just to make it quicker to end a match which is already won - ex. if the enemy has lost every building/unit except 1 supply center - it's not very fun to have to spend 10 minutes searching the whole map as the GLA just to find that 1 supply center, when as the US you can just use CIA intelligence to find it easy.

This post has been edited by Shockwavelover84: 2 Mar 2012, 22:47

+Quote Post
Evan
post 2 Mar 2012, 22:51
Post #4

Mapper Extraordinaire
Group Icon

Member No.: 8893

Would defeat the purpose of the Command Centers, Stealth and the "Fog of War" entirely, especially on two player maps. All you would need to do is focus all Air, Artillery, and Gen Powers onto the CC spawn point (which would be known as soon as you saw the mini-map), kill it first and voila, open map. Once, this has happened the aggressor that killed the opponents CC has an obscene upper hand. Not to mention is already on the upswing of the win and would make coming back from something like that near impossible, I have seen numerous times someone lose near everything, then relocate stealthily and come back for the win. With this feature included, it would negate those rare, but fun games.

We have a similar feature over on the V|GO mod, it is painfully overpowered and rather...bullshit...

This post has been edited by Evan: 2 Mar 2012, 23:01

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mcbob
post 2 Mar 2012, 23:05
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 52

Why should I be penalized for not being a bunkered down base builder? Just because my command center was destroyed doesn't mean my small base of war factories in the corner of the map that are producing hundreds of tanks can't wipe out your army. The loss of the CC does not always mean imminent defeat.

+Quote Post
Shockwavelover84
post 3 Mar 2012, 0:15
Post #6

Group Icon

Thanks for the feedback, it's great to hear both sides of the issue.

Alternate proposals: If all command centers are destroyed, would it be possible to make enemy structures appear as "blips" on the map, but not actually visible through the fog of war?

Or if all enemy command centers and dozers/workers are destroyed - then have all remaining enemy structures appear on the map.

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 3 Mar 2012, 1:57
Post #7

The X General
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

I am pretty sure it's not possible to do these ideers in the first place.

Even if it is I don't see the point of it. If you've beaten your enemy to the point where he only has 1 building, if it we're a player he would probably quit, if it we're the AI it would just sell off.

Also, all (the current public beta)factions have aircraft, which can cover ground quickly and reveal huge chunks of terrain at a time.

Lastly and most important, ROTR is not accepting any suggestions and ideers atm.

This post has been edited by Zeke: 3 Mar 2012, 3:56

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shockwavelover84
post 3 Mar 2012, 20:55
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE (Zeke @ 3 Mar 2012, 1:57) *
I am pretty sure it's not possible to do these ideers in the first place.

Even if it is I don't see the point of it. If you've beaten your enemy to the point where he only has 1 building, if it we're a player he would probably quit, if it we're the AI it would just sell off.

Also, all (the current public beta)factions have aircraft, which can cover ground quickly and reveal huge chunks of terrain at a time.

Lastly and most important, ROTR is not accepting any suggestions and ideers atm.

Gotcha. Only thing is I've never noticed the AI selling off remaining buildings in ROTR - I always have to hunt down every one myself.

+Quote Post
Destiny
post 3 Mar 2012, 20:59
Post #9

Twintails are eternal!
Group Icon

Member No.: 74
Lurk, cleaned and mounted.

Play the game more then! You'll catch one trying to do it eventually.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29 March 2024 - 5:58