Reply to this topicStart new topic
Best Nation?, Let the words rain!
Nemesis
post 6 Jan 2015, 21:26
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10796

Ok this one is a pretty obvious topic, judging from your experience so far, and before the changes of the upcoming patches, which nation do you think is the best so far and why? And i mean = easier for you to play and win. Or perhaps which Nation is more fun?

Personally i think the GLA is the more fun nation due to their hit and run tactics, a good GLA general can create a living nightmare even to the most aggresive opponent with all the hit and run tactics plus their uber stealth capabilities...

But an easy-to-play and win compared to the others is probably US, they have everything, air variety = Stealth bomber FTW!!! Awesome general powers = paratroopers + carpet + bombing run (the jet ones), probably the best infantry considering the pathfinders missile defenders and not-to-underestimate the tanks, they are not slow and not weak (Paladins -.-) what do they lack? artillery? here take some tomahawks...

Edit: Like Svea Rike pointed out by nation i meant Faction

Thx for the input Svea ;-)

This post has been edited by Nemesis: 7 Jan 2015, 18:59
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 6 Jan 2015, 22:04
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

Faction, favorite faction, you mean. ECA and GLA =/= nations. But yeah my favorite is definitively the ECA because they have a shit ton of defenses and the easiest superweapon to use, which I like for I am a hardcore turtler.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Omnius64
post 6 Jan 2015, 22:23
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 10479

Im between ECA, and Russian Federation.

GLA is cool too.

+Quote Post
Lizvne
post 6 Jan 2015, 22:26
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 10749

China. I prefer big tanks, but Sentinel is worse than Overlord, so sorry Russia.

+Quote Post
Emin96
post 7 Jan 2015, 0:30
Post #5

CHINA MAIN
Group Icon

Group: Donator
Member No.: 10145
ROTR Italian Translator

China because of inferno cannon spam units hacker black lotus smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 7 Jan 2015, 0:39
Post #6

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

Best nation must be Cana... oh you mean faction; in that case I'd say GLA.

This post has been edited by SoraZ: 7 Jan 2015, 0:39

+Quote Post
Umpfelgrumpf
post 7 Jan 2015, 0:41
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 10149

I think that depends a lot on the matchup. There is no faction which is just the best imo.
But GLA economy seems pretty strong in the current version. ECA is good on maps with chokepoints but stands no chance on more open/big maps.
USA does have the lead on larger maps with their fast scout unit, fast supply unit and very strong raptors and vipers.
But China and Russia can be strong too, USA might have troubles on smaller maps against them.
So all in all it depends a lot on the map and the enemy you're facing.

edit: most fun faction is of course ECA. There is nothing better then bombarding the enemy from your base while he can't do shit biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Umpfelgrumpf: 7 Jan 2015, 0:44

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kommandant Karis...
post 7 Jan 2015, 3:35
Post #8

Platoon 7, Gallian militia
Group Icon

Member No.: 10697
never go full tumblr

ECA. @_@ I mean the other factions are pretty cool, and I think China is probably my second-favorite, but ... ECA.

--------------------

Props to HoneyBee for the awesome sig!
My YouTube page

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 7 Jan 2015, 4:05
Post #9

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

US because you can draw a smiley face over the ruins of the other guy's base.

--------------------

+Quote Post
teslashark
post 7 Jan 2015, 5:38
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 10319

GLA. Every player can make his or her own playing style, from blobfu to tower rush.
USA isn't bad either, just have to keep the Tomahawks flowing.

--------------------
And then...

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 7 Jan 2015, 10:47
Post #11

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

The best faction overall in the public release is china....
CHINA BUFFS
The most underpowered one is gla

But worry not this will all be fixed soon....
USA is a faction that prefers mechanics over bigger numbers, you can see this with the wall hacking missle defenders or the protector missle system.
Russia is a faction based on the most straightforward tactics...You can see them coming from miles away but that doesnt mean you'll be able to stop them...
GLA is the faction whos based on cunning and mindgames, Ask Ulater(Thesneakygla) how me and Knjaz had times in laggy games where we saw a dozer acted funny so didnt give a momment to check before forcefiring and killing our own dozer...lol...Its about how you can make the other player loose his cool and confidence....
ECA is the faction whos the most flexible after coming behind the USA.Its a middle zone between USA and russia, they also lack stealthy tactics and like to go loud...
China is a faciton thats eye appealing, hundreds of men charging for glory...The numbers make them stronger and make up for the cheap cost and quality of troops...One where macro matters more the micro

So preferebly I go for USA cause mechanics can be utilized if you play your pieaces correctly, elevation with the US is a great advantage for example....

--------------------

+Quote Post
XAttus
post 7 Jan 2015, 10:59
Post #12

Arena maker
Group Icon

Member No.: 10203

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 7 Jan 2015, 10:47) *

--------------------
XAttus
-game anyone?

The Hunter
- Nobody wants to play bombtruck simulator with you

+Quote Post
Nemesis
post 7 Jan 2015, 11:14
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 10796

Let's add a twist...

WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE FACTION?
you don't need to hate it, simply consider it too difficult for you to play or your playstyle...

I have a feeling that most people will vote GLA, although very fun to be played in capable hands, they get their asses handed to them if they won't go on the offensive soon. Their units have good range generally but are too weak, if the opponent plays carefully and doesn't have too many losses GLA have a tough time.

This doesn't make them "weak" simply harder than other factions to be played to their full potential...

Russia is also tough to play... because their units are slowwwww and expensive and this game relies, in part, on mobility and how fast you can replenish your losses. I still remember all those times i tried to move a big chunk of kodiaks and sentinels and they were stuck on chokepoints or inside cities for too long, looking at each other and wandering what to do... in all this time you could drop a shitton of bombs and be done with them

This post has been edited by Nemesis: 7 Jan 2015, 11:15

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 7 Jan 2015, 11:44
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

I like the other factions equally. I play as ECA the most but I don't downright dislike another faction to the point where I avoid playing as them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kommandant Karis...
post 7 Jan 2015, 14:06
Post #15

Platoon 7, Gallian militia
Group Icon

Member No.: 10697
never go full tumblr

Least favorite? That would be the GLA for me. So cheap. So annoying. So overall unappealing. =~=

--------------------

Props to HoneyBee for the awesome sig!
My YouTube page

+Quote Post
Lizvne
post 7 Jan 2015, 14:08
Post #16

Group Icon

I dislike ECA. Their solar reactor of infinite energy just for 1500 insults my sense of justice. (yes, I know that GLA need no energy at all, but at least they have crappy low range tanks and crappiest defences and ECA have best defences and tanks comparable with Russia on cost/efficiency).

+Quote Post
MARS
post 7 Jan 2015, 14:28
Post #17

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

...all of which cease to function or can no longer be efficiently produced if that one reactor gets destroyed. The ECA is pretty much the 'all eggs in one basket' faction. Take out their reactor through massed artillery, air or general powers and you can tear them wide open. Their unique advantage comes at a high risk in that they are practically defenceless and cut off from their production during the time it takes to replace the reactor. Despite the relatively low cost, that is still a perfect opportunity to defeat them for good when you press your advantage.

+Quote Post
HMS Warspite
post 7 Jan 2015, 15:27
Post #18

Queen Elizabeth-class Battleship
Group Icon

Member No.: 9874
Hello, Admire-ral!

Let's see:

USA has utility and air units which scream DEATH FROM ABOVE! Rivaled only by Russia's helis.
China has numbers which scream ZERG RUSH! Backed by powerful units which are possibly not as powerful as Russia's (but most possibly faster, but then again the Golem can go toe to toe vs the Overlord tongue.gif)
GLA has speed and unorthodox tricks up their sleeves which scream SURPRISE!
Russia has steamrolling units which scream POWER!
ECA has defenses which scream COME AT ME BRO!

Hmmm...

DEATH FROM ABOVE? ZERG RUSH? SURPRISE? POWER? COME AT ME BRO?

It's a tie betwixt Russia, China and possibly USA and ECA for me.

I like assault tactics.

This is obvious: China 1.802 is the best, given feature bloat. To compensate, it is given the short end of the stick in 1.85. tongue.gif

QUOTE (MARS @ 7 Jan 2015, 15:28) *
...all of which cease to function or can no longer be efficiently produced if that one reactor gets destroyed. The ECA is pretty much the 'all eggs in one basket' faction. Take out their reactor through massed artillery, air or general powers and you can tear them wide open. Their unique advantage comes at a high risk in that they are practically defenceless and cut off from their production during the time it takes to replace the reactor. Despite the relatively low cost, that is still a perfect opportunity to defeat them for good when you press your advantage.

At least the reactor comes with its OWN defensive modules. Augment that with more defenses, and the fact that the ECA has among the best, if not the best artillery, and your reactor should be safe (most likely save from GLA ambushes). But still, the reactor is ECA's Achilles' heel.

This post has been edited by Nanako Dojima: 7 Jan 2015, 15:34

+Quote Post
Lizvne
post 7 Jan 2015, 15:30
Post #19

Group Icon

QUOTE (MARS @ 7 Jan 2015, 14:28) *

That is in theory. In practice this reactor is heavily armoured to require two strategic power drops. Which leads to the moment where it is actually easier to turn off the USA/PRC/RF via destroying their plants as it is rarity to see people who would amass power "just in case", most people have other uses for extra 1000 money.
Add to this that these other power plants ask for space even if somehow we have spare money to build both reserve power and whatever forces needed to not to get kicked by opponent.
Honestly, in my opinion it is:
ECA: Easy way. Build one plant in safe location, build defences, best ones in the game.
Others but GLA: Build several plants, try to spread them so it is harder to hit several of them via one power, maintain your defence line while your base is bloated due to spreading of reactors.

PS: I'm not saying it is broken (but it may be), I'm just saying that it is bad for my taste. =)

+Quote Post
Graion Dilach
post 7 Jan 2015, 15:43
Post #20

Supérior Caliburwielder
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10093
Just a random modder trying to give a helping hand.

In the public build, the napalm airstrike with black napalm upgrade can kill the Solar Reactor ALONE (notsure if Knjazbuild still has that). Quite funny.

--------------------

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2 | SWR Community Discord https://discord.gg/REcbv37
ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

QUOTE (Hanfield @ 17 Dec 2016, 20:47)
we have players who don't play, testers who don't test, devs who don't dev and members who don't remember

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 7 Jan 2015, 16:48
Post #21

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

Thread says best nation,but I assume he meant best faction...
Best faction by all means currently is China,to the point that it is not fair,I really love Chinese faction,
but I am keeping it real,they are too much op,they have so much of stuff on their disposal that it is not fair,
they have things they need,don't need,and more,they can combine units so well that each of them benefit other
so good,that even if they got their asses somehow handed to them next five waves will instantly replace them due
to Chinese spamming abilities,even their airforce,although not individually strong as American in certain departments
(Raptor) is almost on par,since they have one of best support unit in RTS games ever,Propaganda Airship,and
one of best direct combat helicopters in mod,and despite not being air faction they have their bitcslapping arms made
even longer in shape of unit totally out of place when looking at Chinese faction overall design,Hellfire MiG,meaning you can
easily take out Superweapons,Solar Reactors etc.without too much effort since they are so easy to spam and real cheap too.
Their general powers are really strong too, uncounterable artillery strike,barely counterable Napalm bombing run,
and Frenzy that just ads insult to injury combined with waves of land based spams.

+Quote Post
Umpfelgrumpf
post 7 Jan 2015, 19:40
Post #22

Group Icon

Member No.: 10149

I think the least fun nation is the fire nation when it attacks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Knjaz.
post 7 Jan 2015, 20:49
Post #23

Group Icon

Member No.: 9155

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 7 Jan 2015, 11:47) *
The best faction overall in the public release is china....
CHINA BUFFS

But worry not this will all be fixed soon....
USA is a faction that prefers mechanics over bigger numbers, you can see this with the wall hacking missle defenders or the protector missle system.
Russia is a faction based on the most straightforward tactics...You can see them coming from miles away but that doesnt mean you'll be able to stop them...
GLA is the faction whos based on cunning and mindgames, Ask Ulater(Thesneakygla) how me and Knjaz had times in laggy games where we saw a dozer acted funny so didnt give a momment to check before forcefiring and killing our own dozer...lol...Its about how you can make the other player loose his cool and confidence....
ECA is the faction whos the most flexible after coming behind the USA.Its a middle zone between USA and russia, they also lack stealthy tactics and like to go loud...
China is a faciton thats eye appealing, hundreds of men charging for glory...The numbers make them stronger and make up for the cheap cost and quality of troops...One where macro matters more the micro

So preferebly I go for USA cause mechanics can be utilized if you play your pieaces correctly, elevation with the US is a great advantage for example....

GLA? Underpowered? In Public release, 1802? With the scorp madness, BM economy and stuff?
2 years ago you had exactly opposite opinion, I recall biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Battle Bee
post 8 Jan 2015, 2:58
Post #24

Group Icon

Member No.: 10771

Russia, because:
1- It's Russia.
2- I'm more of a steamroller, and with great units and Tesla Coils, Russia is great for steamrolling.
3- It's Russia.
4- It's Russia.

+Quote Post
teslashark
post 8 Jan 2015, 3:27
Post #25

Group Icon

Member No.: 10319

QUOTE (Barry @ 7 Jan 2015, 7:48) *
Thread says best nation,but I assume he meant best faction...
Best faction by all means currently is China,to the point that it is not fair,I really love Chinese faction,
but I am keeping it real,they are too much op,they have so much of stuff on their disposal that it is not fair,
they have things they need,don't need,and more,they can combine units so well that each of them benefit other
so good,that even if they got their asses somehow handed to them next five waves will instantly replace them due
to Chinese spamming abilities,even their airforce,although not individually strong as American in certain departments
(Raptor) is almost on par,since they have one of best support unit in RTS games ever,Propaganda Airship,and
one of best direct combat helicopters in mod,and despite not being air faction they have their bitcslapping arms made
even longer in shape of unit totally out of place when looking at Chinese faction overall design,Hellfire MiG,meaning you can
easily take out Superweapons,Solar Reactors etc.without too much effort since they are so easy to spam and real cheap too.
Their general powers are really strong too, uncounterable artillery strike,barely counterable Napalm bombing run,
and Frenzy that just ads insult to injury combined with waves of land based spams.

Once you stop spamming as CHN - unless you are Bruce - it's very hard to find a second mode of operation to even stay alive. Spam, blobfu, spam, blobfu, repeat without rinsing.
Helix drops used to be fun.

--------------------
And then...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24 April 2024 - 20:19