Shiro
post 14 Aug 2009, 13:14
Post #1

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

Inspired by Rocksilvers thread, I played the Generals Challenge as several Generals against Juhziz, and I think it was most difficult with Tank General Kwai and Special Weapon General Leang, and the latter I did not win with.
So has anyone ideas how to defeat Juhziz with Leang?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alias
post 14 Aug 2009, 13:18
Post #2

Cool Guy
Group Icon

Member No.: 46

Spam and spam and spam and spam Red Guards. The range advantage really makes a difference, especially since most of what Juhziz initially attacks you with has zero range.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shock
post 14 Aug 2009, 13:54
Post #3

Forum Green
Group Icon

Member No.: 17
Projects: SWR Productions

Quite inventive, that red guard spam strategy I8.gif

Anyway, a solid strategy, just like with Kwai, is going for an airforce.

Blacksharks > everything he sends at you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alias
post 14 Aug 2009, 14:01
Post #4

Cool Guy
Group Icon

QUOTE (Shock @ 14 Aug 2009, 19:54) *
It was my main Leang strategy whenever I played her, I'm sure you know that. 8I.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Destiny
post 14 Aug 2009, 15:38
Post #5

Twintails are eternal!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 74
Lurk, cleaned and mounted.

QUOTE (Alias @ 14 Aug 2009, 17:18) *
Spam and spam and spam and spam Red Guards. The range advantage really makes a difference, especially since most of what Juhziz initially attacks you with has zero range.

Perhaps throwing in a few 'Naders would help if you could afford it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shock
post 14 Aug 2009, 16:01
Post #6

Forum Green
Group Icon

QUOTE (Alias @ 14 Aug 2009, 12:01) *
It was my main Leang strategy whenever I played her, I'm sure you know that. 8I.gif

Yeah although like the RA3 PK spam it's not meant to be, and as you know, such things won't last I8.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alias
post 14 Aug 2009, 16:32
Post #7

Cool Guy
Group Icon

QUOTE (Destiny @ 14 Aug 2009, 21:38) *
Perhaps throwing in a few 'Naders would help if you could afford it.
No, waste of money.
They have no advantages over the Red Guards.
More range? No.
Attack air? No.
Slower firing? Yes.
Weaker in general? Yes.

The SMALL_ARMS damage caused by the Red Guards is almost on level (against tanks) as the anti tank weapon the Grenadier has, and is better against light vehicles.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ComeOn
post 14 Aug 2009, 17:02
Post #8

OH, F***!
Group Icon

Member No.: 295
Inferno shells, anyone? ;)

Yep, it's hard.
What I'll do is to rush them with Burritos (for taking out defense and vehicles) and Troop Crawlers (for finding stealth units)
Ravages tanks SUCKS!!! 8Ip.png

--------------------
Hello, comrades.
Before I start, I must ask one question: how do you think battles are won? If you answered "It just take a lot of men", then I may suggest you to leave the academy. Why will I say that? It is because battles are not won just by simply shooting down your enemies: it also takes emotions to fight a battle. Hope, courage, pride, honor, love: these are the main emotions that it takes to win a battle. Yes, your equipment, your skills, and your genetics are very important, but it all boils down to one thing: Do you have the WILL to fight?
Class is dismissed.
WARNING: Watching this may result in losing your manliness.

Yep: I'm a rusty sword. VERY rusty. :/

+Quote Post
JJ
post 14 Aug 2009, 17:06
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 65

All you need are Blacksharks, really.

+Quote Post
ComeOn
post 14 Aug 2009, 17:08
Post #10

OH, F***!
Group Icon

QUOTE (Shock @ 14 Aug 2009, 5:54) *

Anyway, a solid strategy, just like with Kwai, is going for an airforce.

Blacksharks > everything he sends at you.

Uh-huh, I'll agree to that, too. Juhziz don't have any air defenses except those stealth stinger sites...
And you can mow that down with Razors (Kwai) or Phoenixs with MiGs following behind it...

--------------------
Hello, comrades.
Before I start, I must ask one question: how do you think battles are won? If you answered "It just take a lot of men", then I may suggest you to leave the academy. Why will I say that? It is because battles are not won just by simply shooting down your enemies: it also takes emotions to fight a battle. Hope, courage, pride, honor, love: these are the main emotions that it takes to win a battle. Yes, your equipment, your skills, and your genetics are very important, but it all boils down to one thing: Do you have the WILL to fight?
Class is dismissed.

+Quote Post
ComeOn
post 14 Aug 2009, 17:10
Post #11

OH, F***!
Group Icon

QUOTE (ComeOn225 @ 14 Aug 2009, 9:08) *
Uh-huh, I'll agree to that, too. Juhziz don't have any air defenses except those stealth stinger sites...
And you can mow that down with Razors (Kwai) or Phoenixs with MiGs following behind it...

And when i mean "mow", I mean burn.

--------------------
Hello, comrades.
Class is dismissed.

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 14 Aug 2009, 17:22
Post #12

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

So I played again and could win by spamming Buratinos with White Napalm upgrade and steath detection units (the Grenadier Tank Hunter's special ability is very useful for this). Red Guards were not really useful, and neither were Ravage Tanks.
So my tactic was as follows:
Build some Sentinel defences against TopolM rockets, Grenadier Tank Hunters against slow moving units and try to get Buratinos with White Napalm asap, then go both the northern and southern way to destroy his main base, in the meanwhile it should be possible to destroy his SCUD storm with airforce, then finish him. Never forget to check the way for pesky demotraps.

+Quote Post
Destiny
post 14 Aug 2009, 21:19
Post #13

Twintails are eternal!
Group Icon

Member No.: 74
Lurk, cleaned and mounted.

If you could afford to get more arty-ish units...perhaps like the Hammer you could start firin' randomly and kill some demotraps I8.gif The problem I see is that the AI has a habit of sending stuff down the bridge.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shock
post 15 Aug 2009, 1:14
Post #14

Forum Green
Group Icon

At random fire the Buratino is more effective at killing those traps due to the long and widespread barrage.

Hammers are just always lovely to use, the feeling of power that moving around those giant cannons give is unbeatable.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 15 Aug 2009, 1:55
Post #15

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

They indeed are. However, I tried some other things as well, and spamming TOS-1 Buratinos with the assistance of Grenadier Tank Hunters, Support Crawlers and Black Sharks has proven to be the most effecient way to destroy Juhziz's main base. The biggest problem is how to destroy his SCUD Storm after all, as once the timer expieres, you can say 'Fare well!' to your base. So getting loads of Black Sharks on the most southern route to destroy his Command Center and SCUDy is the best way to kill him. Juhziz has the strange habit to not rebuild his Command Center all too often. Also, the best way to destroy his nothern support base is the Napalm Strike Lv3, directly followed by again Buratinos and Black Sharks.
Last thing: his ZSU AA vehicles are in groups of 2 or 3 VERY effective, so do not use Black Sharks or Phoenix against them.

+Quote Post
Alias
post 15 Aug 2009, 4:11
Post #16

Cool Guy
Group Icon

If the Red Guards weren't working you were doing something wrong, when I've got a spare half hour I'll try and do it, as I remember winning the whole thing practically with just Red Guards last time I tried it.

(You can get replays from Generals' Challenge, right?)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Frostyarmy
post 15 Aug 2009, 6:10
Post #17

League is Life
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 153

tbh i never found that to be that diffcult spam the most OP units , MG infantry , Stealth detection (flying overlord ) blacksharks biggrin.gif
EDIT : Would not try that on .96 though I8.gif

This post has been edited by Zhao: 15 Aug 2009, 12:07

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 15 Aug 2009, 13:34
Post #18

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (Alias @ 15 Aug 2009, 2:11) *
If the Red Guards weren't working you were doing something wrong, when I've got a spare half hour I'll try and do it, as I remember winning the whole thing practically with just Red Guards last time I tried it.

(You can get replays from Generals' Challenge, right?)

First thing: sorry for being blunt but I do not give a damn on your opinion and you know that.
Second: MG Red Guards were down before I could give them the attack order, since Juhziz's BRDM vehicles took them out pretty fast, and I had not enough artillery ready to counter them.

+Quote Post
Alias
post 15 Aug 2009, 13:45
Post #19

Cool Guy
Group Icon

Even though I haven't played ShockWave for a few months, I have around four years ShockWave experience and more than two and a half years of online experience. While I'm certainly not the 'best' player, I have been noted by others for my creativity. Whether you respect my 'opinion' or not, you shouldn't disregard my advice.

I'm simply giving you (as of the current version), the most effective early game Leang tactic against any opponent. Unless something has mysteriously changed in the Generals Challenge since the initial 0.95 release, Juhziz isn't going to have BRDMs out before you have a ludicrous horde trained (once you get to this stage losing a few here and there is nothing).

Do note when I said spam, I mean spam. At least 2 (3 or 4 even) Barracks as early as possible and pumping out those Red Guards non-stop. Against a GLA opponent they are by far the most cost effective early game solution for both defence and offence.

This post has been edited by Alias: 15 Aug 2009, 13:46

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 15 Aug 2009, 13:57
Post #20

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

That comes from being overall sleepy, I am sorry. I did not notice the fact about when you say 'spam', you meant to pump out hundreds of Red Guards. That is likely due to the fact I do not use that many Red Guards, but rather vehicles (the only infantry unit I really spam as China and any Chinese General are internet drying Hackers).
Edit: I have a save state of the game where Juhziz is almost defeated, HOWEVER I have no clue how to get a replay, maybe because I saved and loaded a few times during the game.

This post has been edited by KamuiK: 15 Aug 2009, 15:04

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 15 Aug 2009, 15:12
Post #21

Officer of the European Continental Army
Group Icon

Member No.: 71
Community Manager at Nexus Mods

QUOTE (KamuiK @ 15 Aug 2009, 10:57) *
That comes from being overall sleepy, I am sorry. I did not notice the fact about when you say 'spam', you meant to pump out hundreds of Red Guards. That is likely due to the fact I do not use that many Red Guards, but rather vehicles (the only infantry unit I really spam as China and any Chinese General are internet drying Hackers).
Edit: I have a save state of the game where Juhziz is almost defeated, HOWEVER I have no clue how to get a replay, maybe because I saved and loaded a few times during the game.

The save is probably why.

If the option to save reply isn't on the post-game carnage report then you can't.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 15 Aug 2009, 15:53
Post #22

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

Yeah, it is likely because there is no option how to save the replay otherwise, and going into the replay screen did not give me the last replay as the Generals Challenge but something else sadly.

+Quote Post
Shock
post 16 Aug 2009, 13:22
Post #23

Forum Green
Group Icon

Generals challenge cannot be saved into replays, just like the campaign missions, period.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 16 Aug 2009, 13:27
Post #24

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

I said that already. However nice someone comfirms it. Seems like I have to make do with tthe fact I cannot show my success.

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 19 Aug 2009, 16:39
Post #25

Officer of the European Continental Army
Group Icon

Member No.: 71
Community Manager at Nexus Mods

I played this challenge last night.

I could't get my MG Red Guard to properly defend my base as suggested here. So I chose the airforce option. Blackshark with assault upgrade can take down anything that comes at you, but it's good to have a few tanks to deal with the occasional anti air.
When attacking the base I relied mainly on artillery and a few tanks, dragon tanks and a support crawler to defend them, as well as a blackshark to take out the hordes of terrorists that he sends.
The smaller northern base was easy picking once I used some of my generals powers to wipe out sections of the minefield.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29 March 2024 - 14:39