A little idea, Booby Trap
Mahag
post 2 Mar 2015, 14:51
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 10608

Hi guys,
I wondered for a long time, but is it codeable for a booby trap to explode when put on a supply pile
and an enemy supply gatherer would go to collect it? I think it would add up a bit to the GLA nastiness.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 2 Mar 2015, 18:04
Post #2

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

Hmm, how would it work on a US osprey? They never really get that close to the supplies, even when transporting.

--------------------

+Quote Post
teslashark
post 2 Mar 2015, 18:11
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 10319

The Tank Hunter bomb can be placed on supplies, do they use the same coding?

--------------------
And then...

+Quote Post
Composite armour
post 2 Mar 2015, 18:28
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 10200

QUOTE (Serialkillerwhale @ 2 Mar 2015, 17:04) *
Hmm, how would it work on a US osprey? They never really get that close to the supplies, even when transporting.

Could just have the Osprey be immune to it. Chalk it up to the USA being wise to GLA tricks.

--------------------
Composite Armor has been installed, sir.

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 2 Mar 2015, 21:07
Post #5

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

I think it does share the code and sadly the TNT only detonates and booby trap does nothing.
It would be really cool if boobytraps could somehow plant a TNT charge worth of explosives on the collector somehow or just spawn a timer that explodes in 2 seconds (Air units take damage too)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jam Hacker
post 2 Mar 2015, 23:22
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 10272

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 2 Mar 2015, 22:07) *
that explodes in 2 seconds (Air units take damage too)

that's like a demo trap+, could you fire a pandora mine into the supply stash and make it go off?
I get the impression that booby trap has some sort of damage that's like sniper, because when it goes off, it doesn't damage the host building. I'm going to guess that it doesn't hurt vehicles either, but anyway, my point is how would people use booby trap if these changes are made. would the gla working class draw the shortest straw?

and booby trap hurts osprey sounds a bit far stretched to me
i don't remember what it is like in rotr, but in ZH as well as in shockwave, rebels can set off their own booby traps by rig it on a capturable tech building and capture it. i thought that was too sad to be ironic.

+Quote Post
teslashark
post 3 Mar 2015, 1:52
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 2 Mar 2015, 12:07) *
I think it does share the code and sadly the TNT only detonates and booby trap does nothing.
It would be really cool if boobytraps could somehow plant a TNT charge worth of explosives on the collector somehow or just spawn a timer that explodes in 2 seconds (Air units take damage too)

I don't know if the OCL can handle something like this: Let a Booby Trap fire two weapons (or change the TNT's detonation weapon) when it detonate upon contact.
Weapon 1 destroys the trap itself
Weapon 2 homes onto the object in contact (range 0, scatter 0, ground only) or stays in place, for instance creating the 2-second delayed explosion

--------------------
And then...

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 3 Mar 2015, 8:34
Post #8

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

Can't be done since the Booby Trap is supposed to activate when your enemy takes control of a structure (say, a garrison or tech) and since no one ever really takes control over a supply station the booby trap won't activate.

+Quote Post
ComradeCrimson
post 3 Mar 2015, 10:24
Post #9

The Trench Dog
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10225

QUOTE (Jam Hacker @ 2 Mar 2015, 23:22) *
that's like a demo trap+, could you fire a pandora mine into the supply stash and make it go off?
I get the impression that booby trap has some sort of damage that's like sniper, because when it goes off, it doesn't damage the host building. I'm going to guess that it doesn't hurt vehicles either, but anyway, my point is how would people use booby trap if these changes are made. would the gla working class draw the shortest straw?

and booby trap hurts osprey sounds a bit far stretched to me
i don't remember what it is like in rotr, but in ZH as well as in shockwave, rebels can set off their own booby traps by rig it on a capturable tech building and capture it. i thought that was too sad to be ironic.

That's still prevalent in ROTR too, just for some tidbit info.

--------------------

+Quote Post
teslashark
post 3 Mar 2015, 18:21
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE (SoraZ @ 2 Mar 2015, 23:34) *
Can't be done since the Booby Trap is supposed to activate when your enemy takes control of a structure (say, a garrison or tech) and since no one ever really takes control over a supply station the booby trap won't activate.

I see.

--------------------
And then...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24 April 2024 - 16:11