Reply to this topicStart new topic
Favorite Top 3 Units?
TheSilverHands
post 22 Jun 2019, 23:19
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 17896

To add something new to the forum (idk if someone else did something similar before), I want to ask anyone what is their top 3 favorite units from any general/faction in Shockwave.
It can be any combat-related unit, including infantry, vehicle, tank, or aircraft units. Bulldozers, workers, supply units (except hackers) are excluded.
You can give a brief reason why you chose the unit (do lots of damage, looks cool, helpful support, etc.) as one of your top 3 favorites.
There are a lot of different and nice units that players utilize, so if you have trouble deciding which one to choose, choose the one you commonly use/depend on often in battles. If you have a bunch of units you like (I do lol), then you could list some of them as honorable mentions.

My Top 3:
1. Phoenix Bombers
Very fast, does not slow down on return run after firing missiles, shoots farther than other bombers, good at taking down most ground units, disables enemy vehicles or base defenses for a short period of time, so I use them in combination with Blacksharks, MiGs, Ravagers, or Dragon Tanks without getting destroyed (only if I don't have nearby artillery), disables and quickly destroys Quad Cannons/Tanks, Avengers, Gladiators, and Gattling Tanks without getting shot down first, can be used offensively or defensively (especially against enemy artillery or large clusters of units), looks super cool-looking, probably one of my most favorite plane design models in the game (and there are many others look good too lol).

2. Plasma Avengers/Laser Avengers with focusing crystal upgrade
The most rapey long-range anti-air weapons (in my opinion), shoots down planes and helicopters very quickly, has a ground-focusing laser that is helpful to increase the rate of fire, zaps enemy missiles/rockets (similar to Paladins, Mammoths with shield upgrade) while protecting nearby troops, hits aircraft without slowing down its rate-of-fire (such as Quad Cannons, Gattling Tanks, Minigunners, etc.) or waiting to fire more missiles at the target (like waiting for Stinger Sites or missile-armed infantry to fire another missile again), missiles also may be negated by the Laser General's anti-missile aircraft upgrade, can move fairly quickly since it's sort-of-a-Humvee with cannons on top (looks and sounds awesome though), they can take down General's Powers aircraft quickly, so things like B52's, B-2's, Badger Bombers, or 1-2 A10's become much less of a threat with enough Avengers.

3. King Stealth Fighters
Very useful against base defenses, especially with an additional two missiles (I prefer that over Support Stealth Fighters' healing/repair ability), they are good at taking down small vehicles, enough of them would be good at ambushing a few anti-air weapons, they remain invisible during the attack flight and during the return flight (as long as there is no stealth-detecting units or base defenses between the airfield and target), if Stealth Fighters remain invisible before shooting, they are not visible to anti-air units, so attack runs are less dangerous, they can take down enemy artillery if they are shooting at base defenses (especially if there are no helicopters, artillery, or some fast-moving vehicle to take down the artillery before it retreats or something).

Honorable Mentions:
-Blacksharks with heavy gattling cannons
-Laser Comanches
-King Comanches
-Mammoth Tanks
-Quad Tanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 12 Jul 2019, 9:50
Post #2

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

QUOTE (TheSilverHands @ 23 Jun 2019, 1:19) *
To add something new to the forum (idk if someone else did something similar before), I want to ask anyone what is their top 3 favorite units from any general/faction in Shockwave.
It can be any combat-related unit, including infantry, vehicle, tank, or aircraft units. Bulldozers, workers, supply units (except hackers) are excluded.
You can give a brief reason why you chose the unit (do lots of damage, looks cool, helpful support, etc.) as one of your top 3 favorites.
There are a lot of different and nice units that players utilize, so if you have trouble deciding which one to choose, choose the one you commonly use/depend on often in battles. If you have a bunch of units you like (I do lol), then you could list some of them as honorable mentions.

My Top 3:
1. Phoenix Bombers
Very fast, does not slow down on return run after firing missiles, shoots farther than other bombers, good at taking down most ground units, disables enemy vehicles or base defenses for a short period of time, so I use them in combination with Blacksharks, MiGs, Ravagers, or Dragon Tanks without getting destroyed (only if I don't have nearby artillery), disables and quickly destroys Quad Cannons/Tanks, Avengers, Gladiators, and Gattling Tanks without getting shot down first, can be used offensively or defensively (especially against enemy artillery or large clusters of units), looks super cool-looking, probably one of my most favorite plane design models in the game (and there are many others look good too lol).

2. Plasma Avengers/Laser Avengers with focusing crystal upgrade
The most rapey long-range anti-air weapons (in my opinion), shoots down planes and helicopters very quickly, has a ground-focusing laser that is helpful to increase the rate of fire, zaps enemy missiles/rockets (similar to Paladins, Mammoths with shield upgrade) while protecting nearby troops, hits aircraft without slowing down its rate-of-fire (such as Quad Cannons, Gattling Tanks, Minigunners, etc.) or waiting to fire more missiles at the target (like waiting for Stinger Sites or missile-armed infantry to fire another missile again), missiles also may be negated by the Laser General's anti-missile aircraft upgrade, can move fairly quickly since it's sort-of-a-Humvee with cannons on top (looks and sounds awesome though), they can take down General's Powers aircraft quickly, so things like B52's, B-2's, Badger Bombers, or 1-2 A10's become much less of a threat with enough Avengers.

3. King Stealth Fighters
Very useful against base defenses, especially with an additional two missiles (I prefer that over Support Stealth Fighters' healing/repair ability), they are good at taking down small vehicles, enough of them would be good at ambushing a few anti-air weapons, they remain invisible during the attack flight and during the return flight (as long as there is no stealth-detecting units or base defenses between the airfield and target), if Stealth Fighters remain invisible before shooting, they are not visible to anti-air units, so attack runs are less dangerous, they can take down enemy artillery if they are shooting at base defenses (especially if there are no helicopters, artillery, or some fast-moving vehicle to take down the artillery before it retreats or something).

Honorable Mentions:
-Blacksharks with heavy gattling cannons
-Laser Comanches
-King Comanches
-Mammoth Tanks
-Quad Tanks

There's only one thing I dislike about Phenoix bombers and its that against GLA they are mighty unfair. Late game if your not say stealth or maybe Salvage you really can't counter these things if both are on equal skill level.If I remember correctly they are based of the Mig-31 from the movie. Really does look sexy.
Nothing really to say about the Avengers really...
King stealth fighters can take out most units on the ground if they are fully upgraded alongside defenses.However, do remember to take pilot training!

Now for my top three.... let's see

Stealth's Cobra tank,
Fast, fragile but hits well and the best tank that works with scorpion rockets. If your early game techs are getting pressured by gats or nuke tanks, these tanks are a great help.

Demo Sabatuer; Sabatuers with explosives....Just get two and you can take out a warfactory....Best part is if you're ever caught or he's onto you, just rush into the nearest building.
Preferebly the Supply center, Powerplant or the command center (If he's rank 3 or if he's a USA/China)

The last one is the Armor general howitzer, this thing is basically one of the best artillery in the game. The reasons being: It doesn't need line of sight/fires in an arc
Its the only noninterceptable US artillery unit from the war factory (LOSATS are not artillery)
Also, It has a really really quick travel time and quite decent health. Projectile travel speed reduces time to kill and that best when you're starting the engagement and against other artillery.
Let's see...What else for honorable mentions

Demo Generals battlebuss: Actually what the bomb truck should've been, Aside from dropping down mini demo traps (You need 2 to get the same damage as the buildable ones)
This thing also drops/throws demo traps if It has any on death.So throwing three of these into an advancing battlemaster army even without Infantry inside is lethal.However, it doesnt feel like a bus either.

VGLA's Quad/Scorpion/Technicals late game
The salvage upgrade makes technicals viable late game, you just need one more salvage upgrade to make them "Super techs" that has a silly amount of damage.Mixed in with veterancy upgrade and you got yourself a late-game fragile but extremely deadly unit mix.
This works best against other gla's as you can snowball with salvage much better.
Nuke Generals Helix:
TL DR Its the most pricey bunker helix but with the nuclear arms/weapons upgrade, a bunkerhelix has the most lethal combo in the game.

Bonus round: Demo Rebels! Free booby traps! Add them on demo traps for 30% more boom per boom! Also, TNT charge is good to take out anything early game as its basically a death sentence on tanks. You can also trick your foe to getting hit by them.I think it benefits from camo netting too (However you need VLGA tech for it)
Sadly Zero hours demo rebel ambush is a joke now so the general's point isn't good at all.

Also special mention:
Toxin generals terrorist with Nervegas: Its Impossible to make you work and your nerve gas doesn't work when you're on a bike. But I like and wish this thing worked...For 1000 that also gives the toxin rebel a meh anti garrison it's really pathetic and sad.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 16:23