The_Hunter
post 13 Mar 2016, 13:07
Post #51

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

its nice that the developer makes an effort to do that but i'm not sure if it will do them much good in terms of the sales and what not.

It's a simple is that the first impression lasts.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TimeBurner
post 13 Mar 2016, 15:19
Post #52

Motherland's Finest
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10454
"We have watched, we have waited, now... we act!"

QUOTE (The_Hunter @ 13 Mar 2016, 22:07) *

Exactly! after all the hype about this being a successor to c&c and turned out to be a disappointment.The hype faded after a week,after the release.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MyDude25
post 14 Mar 2016, 7:25
Post #53

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 881

QUOTE (The_Hunter @ 13 Mar 2016, 20:07) *

^^This!

QUOTE (TimeBurner @ 13 Mar 2016, 22:19) *
Exactly! after all the hype about this being a successor to c&c and turned out to be a disappointment.The hype faded after a week,after the release.

Tell me about it, after the game went retail while still not feeling like the bragged about 'C&C successor' that was shown in the VIP beta, this game literally disappeared off the gaming radar.
Infact, i've actually forgotten that this game even existed 'till that news regarding the reboot edition was posted.

Overall, let's wait and see if this reboot edition will finally make it the C&C successor it should have been in the first place......or it would still be a another flop like the initial version.

This post has been edited by Kris: 14 Mar 2016, 7:26

--------------------
Sup guiyz

+Quote Post
TimeBurner
post 14 Mar 2016, 12:01
Post #54

Motherland's Finest
Group Icon

I expect this to be just like when they added a new faction to Grey Goo. huehuehuehue

--------------------

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 14 Mar 2016, 13:13
Post #55

Group Icon

You guys do realise that the whole "Succesor to Generals" thing was created by yourselfs (and part of the online community) right ?

The developers never said anything like that they only said they'd make an old school style RTS with base building and resource gathering.
Those promises were delivered so stating they said anything else than that is a flat out lie.

--------------------

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 14 Mar 2016, 13:45
Post #56

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

QUOTE (The_Hunter @ 14 Mar 2016, 9:13) *
You guys do realise that the whole "Succesor to Generals" thing was created by yourselfs (and part of the online community) right ?

The developers never said anything like that they only said they'd make an old school style RTS with base building and resource gathering.
Those promises were delivered so stating they said anything else than that is a flat out lie.

Maybe... but the producers know this expectation of "Successor to Generals" and has no interest in "demystify" this concept; remains for me to conclude that Eugen Systems expect to get the same success with a really similar game on the lines of Generals; a proof of this in my opinion is the box art of the game that is very similar to the Generals (coincidence?).

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
TimeBurner
post 14 Mar 2016, 14:06
Post #57

Motherland's Finest
Group Icon

QUOTE (The_Hunter @ 14 Mar 2016, 21:13) *

...that is true. But,never have I seen anyone in this community,that anything will be better than generals,especially ROTR. .....Unless youuuu are hiding an HD version of ROTR with a new engine, higher poly models, and better path finding and keeping it to yourself. (Hunter playing secret ROTRHD during lunch breaks) biggrin.gif tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 15 Mar 2016, 1:44
Post #58

Group Icon

QUOTE (__CrUsHeR @ 14 Mar 2016, 13:45) *
Maybe... but the producers know this expectation of "Successor to Generals" and has no interest in "demystify" this concept; remains for me to conclude that Eugen Systems expect to get the same success with a really similar game on the lines of Generals; a proof of this in my opinion is the box art of the game that is very similar to the Generals (coincidence?).

If you looked up the company history you will see that they never realy made a generalish game except for their very first one "Act of War" and even that one wasn't that close to generals.
Everything else they made after that were realy realistic strategy simulators with fuel, and ammo mechanics (Ruse, Wargame Serries) so i wasn't that suprised when this game came out and was nothing like generals at all.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MyDude25
post 15 Mar 2016, 7:22
Post #59

Group Icon

QUOTE (The_Hunter @ 14 Mar 2016, 20:13) *

They honestly shot themselves in the foot when they did the following:

1: "A return to the 90’s Golden Era of real time strategy games" - We know that the golden era was mostly dominated by C&C's, Warcraft or Starcraft, so people expected that kind of gameplay.
2: "I really like C&C Generals" - AoA producer
3: Most of their interviews mentioned and won't shut up about C&C games, especially our beloved C&C Generals.
4: From day one, they've wanted to make AoA play fast-paced and very smooth like C&C Generals which fueled the "Succesor to Generals" hype.
Check this out:

So, that hype of Act of Aggression being a successor of generals was NOT made by the community, if anything, Eugen themselves created it

This post has been edited by Kris: 15 Mar 2016, 7:41

--------------------
Sup guiyz

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 15 Mar 2016, 12:56
Post #60

Group Icon

Perhaps but they never litterly said "ITS GENERALS" and if you got yourself so hyped about that its pretty much your own fault regardless.
It was pretty clear from gameplay footage and the alpha that it was more like an old school RTS than anything we've had in recent times but certianly not exactly like it.

And the fact remains they never litterly said that it was like generals thats something the online community put into their mouths and no ammount of capslock and bold words is going to change that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 15 Mar 2016, 13:09
Post #61

Group Icon

Member No.: 97

In the interview the developer says that he likes the pace of cnc generals not that he wants to redo cnc generals. In their public interviews and forums, they said they want to return to the old style RTS, of which command and conquer series is a part of. They also SPECIFICALLY SPECIFY that they DONT want to make a fast paces rts, but more of a slower pace one. The fact that they over did that with the overcomplicated economy is a sad thing. But they literally never said that they were gonna do an actual successor to the cnc series or specifically cnc generals. More than that - the community needs to get their heads out of their asses and understand that successor is not a fken copy of a game. That is called a HD edition. A successor means that the game uses the theme or elements of the game it successes but it doesn't go xerox on it. The fact that the community is incapable to understand simple terms, and in addition to that they create self-indulged hype about a certain game is in no way the fault of Eugene. That they somewhat indulged it and went with it in the hope of attracting as many clients as possible - it's frekin marketing. It's a sin to nature not to use stupidity against the stupid.

However, unlike most producers this days that just promise something and then releases it directly, Eugene actually offered people a BETA version. So for entire months people had the chance to play the game and see if they enjoy it or not. They made a game the way they considered to be cool and classic, and imo they managed exactly that. Sure the economy is kinda shitty and tbh i can't wait for the simplified version, but in terms of faction design, simplicity of micromanagement, unit variety, UI and just about anything you can come up with - this game shits on any cnc game or even act of war. And while act of war had an epic single player campaign, the basic factions it had with almost no unit variety, a to close to the infantry's buttchicks camera and overall rather limited faction design made it boring on the long term.

So in conclusion once again the gaming community proved it's full of brain dead morons. They said the game is not gonna be a fast paced one, but a classic slower style gameplay one - community complains it's slow. They said they wanna bring back a more complicated base management and economy - community complains it has to much base management and economy. They never once said it's suppose to be a successor to cnc games, but it wants to return to the classic rts days of cnc games - community understands that it's gonna be a cnc successor and should play exactly like - insert favorite cnc game. And then we wonder why producers ignore the community most of the time...

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 15 Mar 2016, 18:35
Post #62

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2

This game never drew me in and it seems like I had a good hunch over it. Seems to me like nowadays people stick around the nostalgia card for too long and people never really know what they want until they have it or have lost it.

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
Maelstrom
post 15 Mar 2016, 19:31
Post #63

The owner of the 1st legit (and signed) CD of ShockWave
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9941

To be honest, I was waiting for a good RTS game, not really a successor to anything.
And it fits its role to a certain point (still in my opinion). The only thing I can see as a bad point is that the design of units and buildings care not clear enough. You can't tell which building is your barracks until you know the game quite well. Aside this, the game is pretty good.

--------------------

My Soundcloud profile: right here

+Quote Post
MyDude25
post 16 Mar 2016, 14:09
Post #64

Group Icon

LET’S START #12 (REBOOT EDITION): BASE BUILDING
http://aoa.eugensystems.com/lets-start-12-...reboot-edition/
Welcome back C&C Gens / Starcraft and AoW dozer - worker units

LET’S START #13 (REBOOT EDITION): NEW ECONOMY
http://aoa.eugensystems.com/lets-start-13-...dition-economy/

New...or rather, welcome back to the combo of C&C style fixed resource spots and Act of war's oilfield resource system.

This post has been edited by Kris: 16 Mar 2016, 14:14

--------------------
Sup guiyz

+Quote Post
Basilisx
post 21 Mar 2016, 14:47
Post #65

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 9682

Thanks for sharing these Infos, Kris.
Looking more and more like the game people expected from the beginning on.

--------------------

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 21 Mar 2016, 16:28
Post #66

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

That's what I'm looking for; something nostalgic, simple and enjoyable, the old formula of good old RTSs. wink.gif

I begin to look in a different way this reboot edition.

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
Basilisx
post 21 Mar 2016, 23:45
Post #67

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 9682

Let's see, maybe I will get it with the next sale on steam tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20 April 2024 - 1:52