Closed TopicStart new topic
Feedback, critisism and questions
Hecthor Doomhamm...
post 3 Apr 2014, 20:33
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Donator
Member No.: 10281

Did I screw up in commentary somewhere and I didn't notice? Have you got tips on how to improve the quality of my streams or commentary?
Or do you just want to commend me on doing an awesome job?
Then this is the place to do it. Rise of the Reds only of course.

This post has been edited by Hecthor Doomhammer: 15 Apr 2014, 12:11
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emin96
post 11 Apr 2014, 20:49
Post #2

CHINA MAIN
Group Icon

Member No.: 10145
ROTR Italian Translator

ooh its very nice new we can make question about stream smile.gif
i will make first question

can you make stream like first please smile.gif? will be very funny biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hecthor Doomhamm...
post 11 Apr 2014, 21:05
Post #3

Group Icon

Well if you elaborate what you mean with"A stream like first" I could answer it better

+Quote Post
Admiral*Alex
post 12 Apr 2014, 1:20
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9872
'Ex'-American Tanker figthing for the ECA

QUOTE (Hecthor Doomhammer @ 11 Apr 2014, 16:05) *
Well if you elaborate what you mean with"A stream like first" I could answer it better

What Emin96, I think,means a stream with you playing the game not sitting on the side lines

--------------------
The Devil Brigade Commander/Commander of NATO Forces

+Quote Post
Composite armour
post 12 Apr 2014, 3:02
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 10200

Would it be possible to set up a 5 player all USA FFA for this sunday?
Dedicated to Bruce of course.

--------------------
Composite Armor has been installed, sir.

+Quote Post
XAttus
post 12 Apr 2014, 8:52
Post #6

Arena maker
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 10203

Bruce has quit... :V

Besides, mirror matches (games where all players have the same faction) are boring in my opinion.

--------------------
XAttus
-game anyone?

The Hunter
- Nobody wants to play bombtruck simulator with you

+Quote Post
Rohan
post 12 Apr 2014, 11:19
Post #7

The Sun Hero
Group Icon

Member No.: 10041

I have a request please :-

How about a 5 player USA VS ECA VS GLA VS China Vs Russia FFA? We would be able to see the full power of all factions and how they even interact with each other. Thoughts ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hecthor Doomhamm...
post 12 Apr 2014, 11:39
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE (Admiral*Alex @ 12 Apr 2014, 2:20) *
What Emin96, I think,means a stream with you playing the game not sitting on the side lines

Doubt it'll happen, until the devs want to go and explain the nitty gritty, where unit voice lines are also meant to be heard.
I am most happiest with just observing and commentating. It's what I dobest.

QUOTE (Composite armour @ 12 Apr 2014, 4:02) *
Would it be possible to set up a 5 player all USA FFA for this sunday?
Dedicated to Bruce of course.

I'll pass this message on to the testers team, I can't guarrantee it'll happen, but perhaps a 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2 could.

QUOTE (XAttus @ 12 Apr 2014, 9:52) *
Bruce has quit... :V

Besides, mirror matches (games where all players have the same faction) are boring in my opinion.

Sometimes, but wach player has his own unique way of playing a certain faction. Just look, for instance, at the difference between Buce and Seraphinexx.

QUOTE (★ Dylan @ 12 Apr 2014, 12:19) *
I have a request please :-

How about a 5 player USA VS ECA VS GLA VS China Vs Russia FFA? We would be able to see the full power of all factions and how they even interact with each other. Thoughts ?

So far, any attempt of a 5 p ffa in any form (luckily for you all they've had all factions represented, ended up in a mismatch, so I doubt it'll happen any time soon

+Quote Post
Emin96
post 12 Apr 2014, 13:13
Post #9

CHINA MAIN
Group Icon

ROTR Italian Translator

QUOTE (Admiral*Alex @ 12 Apr 2014, 2:20) *

right i mean when hector doomhammer was played smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Admiral*Alex
post 13 Apr 2014, 18:15
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 9872
'Ex'-American Tanker figthing for the ECA

I have a suggestion: could you have more of those fun facts similar to Comrade Crimson did during his stream; it really added more content to the streams and made them fun during the low bits of fighting

--------------------
The Devil Brigade Commander/Commander of NATO Forces

+Quote Post
ComradeCrimson
post 14 Apr 2014, 3:28
Post #11

The Trench Dog
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10225

Well, not a direct answer to that but I will be co commentating in a future stream, so expect some more fun facts and what have you, least from myself ;3

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emin96
post 14 Apr 2014, 18:18
Post #12

CHINA MAIN
Group Icon

ROTR Italian Translator

i have one question when swr give release 1.85,so after release will be stream of 2.0?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hecthor Doomhamm...
post 14 Apr 2014, 19:09
Post #13

Group Icon

My thoughts are that as long as there is nothing to stream for 2.0, I'll continue to stream 1.85.
And of course fans can join in the games and play on stream.

+Quote Post
Emin96
post 14 Apr 2014, 22:58
Post #14

CHINA MAIN
Group Icon

ROTR Italian Translator

ok thanks for answer rolleyes.gif . i have another question maybe will be stupid but when swr release 1.85 can we fans appaer in the stream maybe? just asking

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hecthor Doomhamm...
post 15 Apr 2014, 0:00
Post #15

Group Icon

perhaps my last answer wasn't clear enough, but when 1.85 comes out, I expect nothing less than that fans join in games on stream

+Quote Post
darth andrew
post 15 Apr 2014, 10:10
Post #16

Group Icon

Member No.: 399

Firstly, I am glad that there is a stream. It's fun to watch upcoming units and features in action, and watching online gameplay and commentary is always fun.

However, it seems that fairly often matches drag out in a grindy slugfest, or just end in a stalemate. I feel that these happen because superweapons are regularly disabled from being built. Imo it doesn't make sense to disable an exciting, splashy feature of RotR for the live streams; after all, aren't they for showcasing the mod? More importantly, it means that players aren't punished for building tightly packed bases, along with not expanding throughout the map and going on the offensive.

Anyone else agree that the streamed matches would be more exciting if the superweapons were enabled?

+Quote Post
Umpfelgrumpf
post 15 Apr 2014, 10:53
Post #17

Group Icon

Member No.: 10149

I agree, GP´s would be used on Superweapons then, and not on armies.
But only limited tho!

--------------------

+Quote Post
XAttus
post 15 Apr 2014, 11:11
Post #18

Arena maker
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 10203

I don't know why you think that superweapons are not allowed on streams. In my opinion it's the players choice whether to build them or not. However I do agree that some matches end up in a stalemate and were boring to watch so they should be used if the situation requires it.

Additionally, I'd advise playing on smaller and more competitive maps and staying away from 3v3s or 5 player free for alls since we all know how the game reacts to more people playing at the same time.

Also to say something that SHOULD be done rather than just complaining about stuff that SHOULDN'T, I think that 1 vs 1 games played by experienced players are the most intense therefore the most interesting to watch and commentate as well.

--------------------
XAttus
-game anyone?

The Hunter
- Nobody wants to play bombtruck simulator with you

+Quote Post
Hecthor Doomhamm...
post 15 Apr 2014, 11:56
Post #19

Group Icon

Limited Superweapons was a request from the players themselves. I mean, I could turn them on again, but it's always up to the players if they want to use Superweapons or not., Just like its up to the players what they will and will not build..

As for the pace of the matches: I agree, 3 Player Free For All and matches with more players just tend to drag out. While some 1 vs 1 matches are indeed more intense, action packed, entertaining and a lot more fun and easier to observe and commentate on. 2 vs 1 matches are still doable imo.
This is also why, if you look at my Youtube channel, I only record and upload 1 vs 1 matches in Mental Omega. Altho some matches can turn out to be 1 hour long, some other can be as quick as 7-8 minutes.

also, since there is a feedback topic, I have merged this topic into that 1.

This post has been edited by Hecthor Doomhammer: 15 Apr 2014, 12:15

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 16 Apr 2014, 0:01
Post #20

That person
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

Map size is also a factor.

For "quick" maps, I recommend staying more towards "tournament" style maps. They are generally smaller and offer quicker battles. The last stream with the 1v1s just dragged on... and on... and on... and on. It took up half the stream!

For a VERY quick 1v1, Tournament Desert is a classic.

This post has been edited by Generalcamo: 16 Apr 2014, 0:02

+Quote Post
ComradeCrimson
post 16 Apr 2014, 2:36
Post #21

The Trench Dog
Group Icon

QUOTE (Generalcamo @ 16 Apr 2014, 1:01) *
Map size is also a factor.

For "quick" maps, I recommend staying more towards "tournament" style maps. They are generally smaller and offer quicker battles. The last stream with the 1v1s just dragged on... and on... and on... and on. It took up half the stream!

For a VERY quick 1v1, Tournament Desert is a classic.

Our goal with streaming is also to show a variety of maps, and not show every single tournament desert variation there is out there either. But the fast paced action is noted; and perhaps 2 vs 2's are in order rather then 3 way FFA's- which almost always have to end up with a person getting ganged anyways.

We use limited superweapons because of matches like the naval match; it didn't help end it, really just turn the tables and drag it out. One side was actually winning conventionally until said superweapons came out, 1, then 2, then 5 of them built- and it didn't sit well with the players at all. (Neither did naval spam for that matter either)

So, while the use of superweapons aren't forbidden, for both player happiness and game stability in how it runs, multiple superweapons will not be in popular choice amongst stream contestants. While lots of us do try to do entertaining stuff for the audience like doing cool tactical rushing or using new units, or dicking about with commando's, Ninjaneers, or conscripts and Solid Snaking a person's base, you have to keep in mind: We have to have fun too, otherwise this is gonna seem like a job to us and that won't be fun for anyone if the people on stream aren't enthusiastic.

That's my two cents on the subject anyway, as a stream fighter.

This post has been edited by ComradeCrimson: 16 Apr 2014, 2:38

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hecthor Doomhamm...
post 16 Apr 2014, 12:26
Post #22

Group Icon

And of course Crimson now speaks with esperience being "forced" to observe a match as well.
That little saturday surprise stream I did was also to see how he would cope with having to sit back and not being able to play at all and thus having to look at it from a different angle.

I personally dont have the time to go through each and every 1 vs 1 map to see how big it is and predict whether a match on each map would or would not take a long time. I just go with whatever is either suggested to me or, based on the map preview, what I like. Of course I would like to squeeze 8 matches in every 2 hour stream, but that's just impossible.

+Quote Post
ComradeCrimson
post 17 Apr 2014, 10:24
Post #23

The Trench Dog
Group Icon

QUOTE (Hecthor Doomhammer @ 16 Apr 2014, 13:26) *
And of course Crimson now speaks with esperience being "forced" to observe a match as well.
That little saturday surprise stream I did was also to see how he would cope with having to sit back and not being able to play at all and thus having to look at it from a different angle.

I personally dont have the time to go through each and every 1 vs 1 map to see how big it is and predict whether a match on each map would or would not take a long time. I just go with whatever is either suggested to me or, based on the map preview, what I like. Of course I would like to squeeze 8 matches in every 2 hour stream, but that's just impossible.

Yeah- and as an odd streamer, me being also a stream fighter, adds a bit of new perspective into the commentator's lot as I know how the players fare and such as well as the streamer's perspective. Hopefully I am able to add some fresh insight along with the other personalities of the stream, pointing out unit voices or stuff the audience may normally, potentially miss out on. That and George, Luis and the other people who do voice and textures need credit where its due xD

This post has been edited by ComradeCrimson: 17 Apr 2014, 10:25

--------------------

+Quote Post
Joe Kidd
post 22 Apr 2014, 4:59
Post #24

Group Icon

Member No.: 9606

I really do love your streams Hecthor, you're a funny commentator and they do an excellent job of displaying 1.85s new toys.

However I was wondering if you could upload the Hunter vs Comr4de match stream onto Youtube, because i really want to watch it and Twitch loads really slowly on my computer, almost to the point of not working.

If you dont want to i understand and I realize you are a busy person.

Thanks in advance

--------------------

"You can't kill the Messiah..."

+Quote Post
Hecthor Doomhamm...
post 22 Apr 2014, 8:49
Post #25

Group Icon

Well it's going to take a little while before I have time to edit., since I also have last friday's Red Resurrection stream to edit and upload. I really can't say when tho.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 19:35