Reply to this topicStart new topic
Rise of the Reds Release: A New Beginning
TheSpudd
post 28 May 2012, 6:19
Post #51

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9020

Great. Can't get the silly thing to run. And yes I'm about as savvy as it gets when coming to installing SWR stuff. Would you guys have any clue? I'm a Win7 x32. I've freshly reinstalled, and patched ZH, I click on it and it loads for like 1 second and then nothing. not even the little black command prompt box. I've tried putting it in another directory,running it as admin and as xp service pack 3. But. It. Won't. Work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. sad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lobo Solitario
post 28 May 2012, 7:49
Post #52

Group Icon

Member No.: 9093

Hurrah! Loving the new GLA, they're perfect!

Congratulations team!

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 28 May 2012, 8:34
Post #53

The X General
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

QUOTE (TheSpudd @ 28 May 2012, 13:19) *
Great. Can't get the silly thing to run. And yes I'm about as savvy as it gets when coming to installing SWR stuff. Would you guys have any clue? I'm a Win7 x32. I've freshly reinstalled, and patched ZH, I click on it and it loads for like 1 second and then nothing. not even the little black command prompt box. I've tried putting it in another directory,running it as admin and as xp service pack 3. But. It. Won't. Work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. sad.gif

Only thing left is a redownload,

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheSpudd
post 28 May 2012, 8:59
Post #54

Group Icon

Member No.: 9020

QUOTE (Zeke @ 28 May 2012, 19:34) *
Only thing left is a redownload,

Stink thing is that it does install but just doesn't open.

I'll re-download off moddb whe its cleared.

Cheers Zeke. smile.gif

This post has been edited by TheSpudd: 28 May 2012, 9:00

+Quote Post
Joac
post 28 May 2012, 9:14
Post #55

Group Icon

Member No.: 1103

QUOTE (Comr4de @ 28 May 2012, 5:20) *
You have to upgrade your command truck with "Escalation" before you can do so =)

I will be posting a GLA Tech Tree poster soon!

Thanks!
I've manage but thanks anyway))

+Quote Post
Darkfire Angel
post 28 May 2012, 9:18
Post #56

Vampire Zombie Ninja Pirate Viking Samurai Monkey
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 59
Projects: Deep Impact

Can someone tell me what the salvage upgrades for the Grad do? I haven't noticed any changes other than visually? Am I missing something?

--------------------
1991-2009 Commander JB. Gone but never forgotten.

For King and Country.

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 28 May 2012, 9:47
Post #57

Group Icon

Member No.: 97

Awsome so far. GLA is simply amazing. You guys managed to turn them from one of the most bland and boring factions to probably one of the coolest remakes so far. I still hate the limited airfield ( yay for code changes tongue.gif ) but damn i love the new GLA. But i do have a small question. Could anyone from the team make a post with a list of the maps that contain : A. Naval Docks and B. The new tech defense structures - the european looking ones. Hunting them in maps is kinda .. boring tongue.gif. Also any chance some of the old maps get some naval stuff on them - for example tournament island would be well suited for naval warfare, and just about any map with a equal amount of water for all starting positions.

This post has been edited by Anubis: 28 May 2012, 9:49

+Quote Post
MARS
post 28 May 2012, 9:55
Post #58

Group Icon

Member No.: 10

Off the top of my head...

Naval maps:
El Presidente Island
Bay of Retaliation
Tropical Thunder
Hostile Horizon
Lost Cause

ECA Bunkers:
Bay of Retaliation
Lost Cause

+Quote Post
Raven
post 28 May 2012, 9:59
Post #59

Group Icon

Member No.: 155

Hell yes!!!! Downloading now...will comeback with feedback later

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 28 May 2012, 10:07
Post #60

Officer of the European Continental Army
Group Icon

Member No.: 71
Community Manager at Nexus Mods

QUOTE (Anubis @ 28 May 2012, 9:47) *
Awsome so far. GLA is simply amazing. You guys managed to turn them from one of the most bland and boring factions to probably one of the coolest remakes so far. I still hate the limited airfield ( yay for code changes tongue.gif ) but damn i love the new GLA. But i do have a small question. Could anyone from the team make a post with a list of the maps that contain : A. Naval Docks and B. The new tech defense structures - the european looking ones. Hunting them in maps is kinda .. boring tongue.gif. Also any chance some of the old maps get some naval stuff on them - for example tournament island would be well suited for naval warfare, and just about any map with a equal amount of water for all starting positions.

Generally any that are prefixed with [ROTR]

--------------------

+Quote Post
Arrakis
post 28 May 2012, 11:35
Post #61

Group Icon

Member No.: 8949

Just finished my first GLA skirmish match, and it was awesome! Well done! I've got some questions though:
1) Is it possible to include the skin, cameo and sounds of the terrorist in a patch or the next version? The German version is censored, and you wouldn't believe how silly a demo trap riding a combat cycle looks...
2) I asked that before, but I'd like to repeat it: Could you include the English sound files in the next version? Right now I have German voices for old units and English voices for the new units, and I think a complete English version would be much better.
3) Will the saboteur return in a later version? And if yes, for which general(s)?
4) Since every faction will get their own navy, will the ships included in 1.7 get scrapped completely, or will they stay for one faction?
5) Will we still need to spend a general point to unlock demo traps, battle bus ect. once the generals are included?
6) Once the generals are included, how many level 1, 3 and 5 general abilities will available to each of them?

+Quote Post
Alex1guy
post 28 May 2012, 11:55
Post #62

The Whimsical Story Teller
Group Icon

Member No.: 9123

Hey guys, I've just been having a few bugs.

1. Sometimes on certain maps when I play against Russia, they surrender about 20 seconds in. Am I doing something wrong? (Bombardment Beach and El Presidente)

2. Sometimes the GLA will do basically nothing even on hard.

This post has been edited by Alex1guy: 28 May 2012, 12:30

--------------------
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat" -Sun Tzu

+Quote Post
wb21
post 28 May 2012, 12:38
Post #63

Товарищ
Group Icon

Member No.: 175
ex-D' WRTHBRNGR

Finally the team has done it with a bang. Hats off to the team... beer1.gif
Now about trying to finally install Gens/ZH on my new notebook...

--------------------

"Not in mood...go away..."
"We are going to have to act, if we want to live in a different world."

Bringing wrath to a forum near you since 2009!

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 28 May 2012, 12:47
Post #64

Group Icon

Member No.: 8905
Loves guessing games

Initial reactions - loving the new GLA. They got loads of amazing abilities and modifiable units to keep things interesting. Liked the new gen powers and unlock combinations in the GLA gen power tree. Ain't the biggest fan of how defenses had to get nerfed to make stealth more effective but I guess that got the job done. The aircrafts are a beauty, maybe I'll rarely get to use the other rank 3 gen powers. New Jerman Kell is impressive. Grad is kinda simple but damn effective.

Special cheers for nerfing that damn MSTA. Sad to see Blackout Node apparently still not functioning. Effective and witty changes with the Industrial Plant and turning Listening Outpost into Hack Vans. Golem's change was kinda simple but oh well, it'll get railgun eventually. Things felt a bit rushed from time to time specially with AI not using the navy (which itself is a placeholder) and a few other obvious things. But hey, it's easy to forget that the mod is still a beta.

BTW from where is the Command Truck voice from? Or is it an in-house production?

+Quote Post
MARS
post 28 May 2012, 13:20
Post #65

Group Icon

QUOTE (Arrakis @ 28 May 2012, 12:35) *
Just finished my first GLA skirmish match, and it was awesome! Well done! I've got some questions though:
1) Is it possible to include the skin, cameo and sounds of the terrorist in a patch or the next version? The German version is censored, and you wouldn't believe how silly a demo trap riding a combat cycle looks...
2) I asked that before, but I'd like to repeat it: Could you include the English sound files in the next version? Right now I have German voices for old units and English voices for the new units, and I think a complete English version would be much better.
3) Will the saboteur return in a later version? And if yes, for which general(s)?
4) Since every faction will get their own navy, will the ships included in 1.7 get scrapped completely, or will they stay for one faction?
5) Will we still need to spend a general point to unlock demo traps, battle bus ect. once the generals are included?
6) Once the generals are included, how many level 1, 3 and 5 general abilities will available to each of them?

1/2 - The German version uncut thing might be done at some point, but it's not decided yet. CNCHQ.de actually has a bunch of working uncut patches that were compatible with ShW back in the day.
3 - The Saboteur will not be readded due to reasons that will be revealed later.
4 - Since they are temporary and generic in both look and function, yes, chances are they will be replaced entirely.
5 - No, but we decided to implement it for vanilla because they'd have way too many options available to them otherwise.
6 - The distribution is 3, 3x3, 2. For a single general, that is.

QUOTE (SpiralSpectre @ 28 May 2012, 13:47) *
Initial reactions - loving the new GLA. They got loads of amazing abilities and modifiable units to keep things interesting. Liked the new gen powers and unlock combinations in the GLA gen power tree. Ain't the biggest fan of how defenses had to get nerfed to make stealth more effective but I guess that got the job done. The aircrafts are a beauty, maybe I'll rarely get to use the other rank 3 gen powers. New Jerman Kell is impressive. Grad is kinda simple but damn effective.

Special cheers for nerfing that damn MSTA. Sad to see Blackout Node apparently still not functioning. Effective and witty changes with the Industrial Plant and turning Listening Outpost into Hack Vans. Golem's change was kinda simple but oh well, it'll get railgun eventually. Things felt a bit rushed from time to time specially with AI not using the navy (which itself is a placeholder) and a few other obvious things. But hey, it's easy to forget that the mod is still a beta.

BTW from where is the Command Truck voice from? Or is it an in-house production?

The Command Truck voices are actually from the scrapped GLA POW Truck, a leftover from the early Generals versions which had material for a POW system. As for the naval AI, it is a shame that it doesn't work
right now but we will eventually add special "naval challenge" maps on which the AI is completely scripted to utilise the ships properly. Adding that to the regular AI probably wouldn't have yielded the right results.

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 28 May 2012, 13:26
Post #66

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

I think the truck uses the POW truck's original voice.
-ninja'd-

This post has been edited by SorataZ: 28 May 2012, 13:27

+Quote Post
CobraHumvee
post 28 May 2012, 14:04
Post #67

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 507

I hope u guys enjoy playing the mod as much as i did, also how do you like the GLA anti air now mindfuck.gif

--------------------
Signatures are overrated :)

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 28 May 2012, 14:14
Post #68

Group Icon

Loves guessing games

Haven't got the chance to see the GLA 2.5 anti air closely yet.
QUOTE (MARS @ 28 May 2012, 18:20) *
6 - The distribution is 3, 3x3, 2. For a single general, that is.

I thought the distribution was,
Rank 1 - 3
Rank 3 - (3x3)+2
Rank 5 - 2

Or are they not gonna have any stand alone rank 3 gen power, which would be a bit weird.

+Quote Post
MARS
post 28 May 2012, 14:40
Post #69

Group Icon

One thing that we'll actually do is to merge the three-level Repair power into one, which will be available to all generals at rank 3 and be about as effective as the current power at level 2.

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 28 May 2012, 14:52
Post #70

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (Arrakis @ 28 May 2012, 12:35) *

My suggestion is you buy The First Decade in German and download and install the English version. I downloaded the English version and it worked far better than my original ever did and by having bought it you're legally ok. This works in general better because you don't need the uncut patch and you'll notice some differences the uncut patch never ever fixed because it either couldn't or forgot to do so. Plus, the inofficial Patch 1.03 for TFD removes the need for DVD.

QUOTE (Alex1guy @ 28 May 2012, 12:55) *
Hey guys, I've just been having a few bugs.

1. Sometimes on certain maps when I play against Russia, they surrender about 20 seconds in. Am I doing something wrong? (Bombardment Beach and El Presidente)

2. Sometimes the GLA will do basically nothing even on hard.

Sounds like a script mistake on your side. Take a look into the scripts folder in EA Games -> ZH -> Data -> Scripts (or whatever the names are) and look if on start-up of ROTR the file types change. If not something goes wrong.

This post has been edited by SorataZ: 28 May 2012, 14:57

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 28 May 2012, 14:58
Post #71

Group Icon

Loves guessing games

QUOTE (MARS @ 28 May 2012, 19:40) *
One thing that we'll actually do is to merge the three-level Repair power into one, which will be available to all generals at rank 3 and be about as effective as the current power at level 2.

So basically - the stand alone rank 3 gen powers are staying and the Repair power is gonna get merged into a stand alone rank 3 gen power.

Just to be clear - how many gen power slots are you planning to use for every faction (counting all the sub-factions as they're upgrades instead of being fully individual sub-factions) outta the 25 gen power slots? Last time I heard - you guys were planning on using 24 of those slots.

+Quote Post
bigbri2k5
post 28 May 2012, 15:23
Post #72

Group Icon

Member No.: 1064

QUOTE (TheSpudd @ 28 May 2012, 6:19) *

Random question, but have you checked in the documents\generals zero hour data folder to make sure you have an options.ini file. I had a similar sounding problem to yours(either it would freeze and give me a generals.exe has stopped working error, or it would just disappear with no explanation) and it turned out the ini file was missing, even after multiple clean reinstalls.

+Quote Post
middle-kingdom
post 28 May 2012, 16:44
Post #73

Group Icon

Member No.: 9064

No Saboteur?That's so bad... sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Casojin
post 28 May 2012, 17:17
Post #74

Group Icon

Member No.: 222

I got a bit confused by GLA at first, but I manage to deploy my Command Center eventually. My silly....the deploy button blends particularly well with other basic command button and I missed it. Nice GLA though, I like mob spawning. smile.gif

--------------------
CASOJIN

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 28 May 2012, 18:34
Post #75

Group Icon

Member No.: 97

QUOTE (CobraHumvee @ 28 May 2012, 15:04) *
I hope u guys enjoy playing the mod as much as i did, also how do you like the GLA anti air now mindfuck.gif

GLA is awsome. It's defenently very refreshing, even though sometimes i miss a bit more walls and golden domes and less holes tongue.gif. But still really nice. The anti-air is imo still limited for them. The quad gun is the same as all the other T1 AA and the ural is on the same level as the other T2 AA. However neither the interceptor nor the gazelle can come even close to the other factions interceptors. They are highly limited ( rank unlocked plus airfield limit ) and lack actual mobility/speed. And with the new stealth /anti-stealth system, they lack defense vs bomber planes like the stealth fighter or frogfoot. I for one still think they could use a third AA only defense that could help the stinger sites. Those are still the defense that can be taken out by far to many sources. But thats just me tongue.gif

On a different note - why is it that USA has the lowest intel of all factions, while being the high tech one. They need to unlock their only true intel power, and the cia agent is slow as hell. China has stealth LO's and inet centers, GLA has the awsome radar scan that can basicly be massed like crazy. Russia is also meh, but they aint the tech dominant race.

This post has been edited by Anubis: 28 May 2012, 18:39

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 22:44