IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tiberium Legacy, A Generals Vanilla mod that looks interesting.
Adoge
post 31 May 2015, 0:37
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11052

So Tiberium Legacy is a Generals (Vanilla) mod that I stumbled upon the other day.

Essentially it is sort of recontextualising of the Generals universe. From what I understand it takes place after the war with Nod in Tiberian Dawn. Essentially GDI has won this war and now takes on the Chinese and the MELA (GLA recontextualised and using Red Alert weapons (mostly)).

HERE IS THE LINK

Anyway here is the projects aims:

- Revision of each side's arsenal
- New campaign for each faction
- Replacement or modification of most faction models
- Revisions to gameplay; focusing on improving depth and realism
- Some form of naval combat

FACTIONS:

Global Defence Initiative (GDI)
The high tech faction whose arsenal will be similar to what they had in Tiberium Dawn. Their doctrine is one of fast and decisive battles where the aim is to reduce casualties. As such, their units will emphasise range and power in order to destroy their enemies as quickly as possible.

People's Liberation Army (PLA)
The medium tech faction. Reflecting the state of their country, the PLA is a mixture of old and new with Type 69 tanks fighting alongside the latest in Chinese conventional tank designs, the Type 99. Their doctrine emphasises prolonged and slow pushes to take advantage of their numerical superiority.

Middle East Liberation Army (MELA)
Low tech faction, which emphasizes decentralization and sneak attacks. Relies mostly on scraps for upgrades and repairs to their vehicles. Unlike the other two factions, MELA structures will be built by workers instead of construction yards.

and here are some Screenshots: (note: there are no PLA units revealed yet)

The GDI Leopard tank:

The GDI Orca:

The GDI APC

The GDI Barracks

The MELA Scorpion:

--------------------
A place where I posted my idea about a possible take on the Post-Red Alert 2 Command and Conquer universe: Reimagining Post Red Alert 2

If you wish to share your faction and RTS game ideas and provide constructive criticism on others', come and join us in this thread: Faction, World and RTS Game ideas

My Ideas: (Criticism appreciated)

Directorate vs Remnant, Backstory Part 1, Backstory Part 2, Characters and groups of the Directorate and Remnant

Basilisk vs Echelon, Unit and General List

Cataclysm: Embers of Hope (an RTS) (This where I will post most of my idea for Cataclysm.)

Global Chaos (Working Title)

My current Fourth General(s):
USA: H.Y.D.R.A, General Schwarzkopf (under development)

GLA: Colonel Abis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 31 May 2015, 4:40
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

So this is like some new mod and it is for original Generals...Why ?
Other than that,I like idea,but from these few screenshots I am not yet sure what to think.

+Quote Post
MARS
post 31 May 2015, 5:50
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

The basic premise is actually pretty brilliant. An interesting take on what GDI may have been up to after Nod was 'defeated' in TW1, since I do recall that a lot of the Middle East and indeed China was marked as being Nod-affiliated in one of the info videos from back then, so GDI went on to consolidate their new world order. This sort of thing really makes me dream of a Tiberium reboot that goes back to the TD era and tells the entire story in one big, epic game with all the pointlessness, the lacklustre resolution and the constant repetitions of the 'Kane disappears, Nod fractures, Kane reappears, Nod needs to be reunited' pattern...Oh well.

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 31 May 2015, 5:58
Post #4

Group Icon

QUOTE (MARS @ 31 May 2015, 14:50) *
The basic premise is actually pretty brilliant. An interesting take on what GDI may have been up to after Nod was 'defeated' in TW1, since I do recall that a lot of the Middle East and indeed China was marked as being Nod-affiliated in one of the info videos from back then, so GDI went on to consolidate their new world order. This sort of thing really makes me dream of a Tiberium reboot that goes back to the TD era and tells the entire story in one big, epic game with all the pointlessness, the lacklustre resolution and the constant repetitions of the 'Kane disappears, Nod fractures, Kane reappears, Nod needs to be reunited' pattern...Oh well.

I must say MARS, when this was posted the first thing i thought of was your idea of Russia+China showing down with GDI, which lead to the creation of Nod and GDI's "New World Order"- which was pretty much the status quo. Interestingly the MELA and the GDI/PLA have two different build styles. The MELA builds buildings with workers, whereas the PLA and GDI build it with a Conyard.

Should be interesting.

I agree, furthermore I reckon there should be a reboot of Red Alert, where the Allies are more of the aggressors due to the rise of fascism in Italty and Spain in particular, as well as the threat of Soviet imperialism.

--------------------
A place where I posted my idea about a possible take on the Post-Red Alert 2 Command and Conquer universe: Reimagining Post Red Alert 2

If you wish to share your faction and RTS game ideas and provide constructive criticism on others', come and join us in this thread: Faction, World and RTS Game ideas

Directorate vs Remnant, Backstory Part 1, Backstory Part 2, Characters and groups of the Directorate and Remnant

Cataclysm: Embers of Hope (an RTS) (This where I will post most of my idea for Cataclysm.)

+Quote Post
MARS
post 31 May 2015, 6:38
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

Yeah, a RA1 reboot would be pretty interesting as well, sort of taking it back to the whole 'bizarre but played with a straight face' appeal that the original RA1 had. It could include an expanded Soviet Union that already absorbed parts of eastern Europe and could be closely linked with an already established but not yet victorious communist China, the Japanese Empire which is waging a war of expansion across the entire Pacific region, the United States which are still in isolation but highly concerned about the advance of the USSR in Europe and Japan's encroachment on the Pacific and the Allied Nations. The Allies would be a lot more ambiguous in a setting like this. Countries like France and Britain may have been democratic, but they still had their colonial empires and were as socially conservative as one would expect in the 1940s. They could be in a very uneasy alliance of necessity against communism with the likes of fascist Italy and Spain and in the centre of it all would be Weimar Germany, where the nazis would still exist, but as merely one of several radical fringes that threaten the weak republic which is just one coup away from turning into a Prussian military state or one spark away from blowing up in a civil war. You could have your typical 1930s, 40s and early 50s weapons and vehicles mixed together with some 'weird science' weapons, like the good old Tesla coils and mind control for the Soviets, crude fusions of man and machinery for the IJA, Chrono and other traditionally Allied tech not for the Allied Nations but for the US (Because Einstein carried out his post-OTL-WW2 Chronosphere trip from New Mexico, not Europe) while the Europeans could combine themes of both real wars, with mechanised manoeuvre warfare on the offence and artillery/gas heavy trench warfare on the defence.

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 31 May 2015, 8:15
Post #6

Group Icon

QUOTE (MARS @ 31 May 2015, 15:38) *
Yeah, a RA1 reboot would be pretty interesting as well, sort of taking it back to the whole 'bizarre but played with a straight face' appeal that the original RA1 had. It could include an expanded Soviet Union that already absorbed parts of eastern Europe and could be closely linked with an already established but not yet victorious communist China, the Japanese Empire which is waging a war of expansion across the entire Pacific region, the United States which are still in isolation but highly concerned about the advance of the USSR in Europe and Japan's encroachment on the Pacific and the Allied Nations. The Allies would be a lot more ambiguous in a setting like this. Countries like France and Britain may have been democratic, but they still had their colonial empires and were as socially conservative as one would expect in the 1940s. They could be in a very uneasy alliance of necessity against communism with the likes of fascist Italy and Spain and in the centre of it all would be Weimar Germany, where the nazis would still exist, but as merely one of several radical fringes that threaten the weak republic which is just one coup away from turning into a Prussian military state or one spark away from blowing up in a civil war. You could have your typical 1930s, 40s and early 50s weapons and vehicles mixed together with some 'weird science' weapons, like the good old Tesla coils and mind control for the Soviets, crude fusions of man and machinery for the IJA, Chrono and other traditionally Allied tech not for the Allied Nations but for the US (Because Einstein carried out his post-OTL-WW2 Chronosphere trip from New Mexico, not Europe) while the Europeans could combine themes of both real wars, with mechanised manoeuvre warfare on the offence and artillery/gas heavy trench warfare on the defence.

Yeh, I was thinking along that line. I was thinking that certain elements would be exaggerated. In terms of each of these factions it sounds good. I think the US would make sense as a more mobile, higher-tech force. The Internationale, led by Stalin, would focus more on numbers and overwhelming force. In contrast the Europeans, to resist the Soviets, would have a more Tiger/Sturmtiger sort of style along with gas, like you said. I'd imagine Fascism wouldn't really be a problem as they are all threatened by communism and, although I'm not an expert on Germans so I might be wrong, from my reading I understand a lot of Germans were Pro-Nationalism (not necessarily Nazism). To me however, the IJA would maybe seem a bit out of place, given that they woud be at war with both the Chinese and their soviet Allies they probably wouldn't be as much of a force. However, if China is focused on internal conflict too much, this would work. In terms of fusions of man and machine, I'd have to wait and see what you had in store.

However I see you pretty much had most ideas similar to me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kommandant Karis...
post 31 May 2015, 12:56
Post #7

Platoon 7, Gallian militia
Group Icon

Member No.: 10697
never go full tumblr

Those Leopard tanks are beautiful. <3

--------------------

Props to HoneyBee for the awesome sig!
My YouTube page

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 31 May 2015, 17:11
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

But why for Generals? Why not Zero Hour? I'm pretty sure everyone that has Generals also has Zero Hour.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kommandant Karis...
post 31 May 2015, 18:43
Post #9

Platoon 7, Gallian militia
Group Icon

Member No.: 10697
never go full tumblr

QUOTE (Svea Rike @ 31 May 2015, 12:11) *
But why for Generals? Why not Zero Hour? I'm pretty sure everyone that has Generals also has Zero Hour.
Well, most mods are for ZH, maybe the maker(s) just wanted to give vGenerals some love c:

--------------------

Props to HoneyBee for the awesome sig!
My YouTube page

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 31 May 2015, 19:46
Post #10

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

In my own imaginary version of RA1 reboot, instead of Einstein going back in time it should have been what if Germany never went nazi without any intervention.

I want it to be more serious and believable. While that's certainly is not what the franchise is about, there's nothing wrong in trying right?

The time line should be changed, going up to the late 50s to early 60s. Let's assume that for some reasons nuclear weapons have not existed yet, and Stalin still want more time to organize his army.

When the war become a draw between the 2 devils, only gods will know what happen when the first 100 Megatons nuclear bomb is used.........

We can yes, have many fictional weapons mix with the realistic old weapons from reality, but they shouldn't be too radically different. It wouldn't have any ultra sci-fi stuffs like chrono, time traveling, tesla coils...considering that making and manufacturing them with the industrial capability of that era is impossible and would look out of place next to King Tigers, T34 ect.

This post has been edited by X1Destroy: 31 May 2015, 19:50

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 1 Jun 2015, 0:30
Post #11

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

Moved to a more appropriate section of our forums.

Also i really like the renders but considering this is just a single person working on such a big project i would be somewhat surprised if it were ever to be completed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Die Hindenburg
post 8 Jun 2015, 16:36
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 10025

Looks generic.

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 9 Jun 2015, 3:31
Post #13

Group Icon

Its more of a new take on the Tiberium universe after the First War. Rather than the Nod broken reunited formula that the Series follows.
It has some simlarities to MARS' idea he posted a while back. It seems alight to me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 16 Nov 2015, 1:41
Post #14

Group Icon

It appears there's been a few new renders posted in the Tiberium Legacy page including the Mammoth Tank and a GDI base:

GDI Base

Mammoth Tank

Mammoth Tank with Railguns

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18 April 2024 - 15:18