IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
are GLA and Chinese getting posters of their languages?
Jam Hacker
post 29 Jan 2014, 3:11
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10272

like you guys did for Russian buildings.
I noticed propaganda airship actually has some funny looking words on the hull, i thought since china is very big on propaganda, they should have posters as well.
GLA might have some graffiti on the wall tongue.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 29 Jan 2014, 14:13
Post #2

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

I can imagine these as props for missions or just thematic maps, but I don't think they'd be done just for the heck of it. Besides, the Propaganda Centre is already covered in that stuff.

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 29 Jan 2014, 14:15
Post #3

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

GLA was always worldwide from the middle east to china.Now its morely in africa but even had cells in the USA, the closest thing on the grafiti would be arabic but even thats really not perfect.As for the chineese....Have ever seen thoose flying mantees? The blimps?

--------------------

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 29 Jan 2014, 15:19
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

I believe it would make sense if written in Arabic. The current GLA structures not have many walls, would be better add this in certain civilian structures to pass an atmosphere of revolution/war on the battlefield, however it is something minimal.

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 29 Jan 2014, 16:35
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

Since GLA is worldwide like Bruce said most sense would be that their stuff is in English like it is now,
it is little bit racist just to say "Hey,this sandniggers should speak Arabic,because they (Uygurs,Persians,Congolese,Chechens etc.) are all same shit..."
I think that next to English most logical second language to a current GLA would be French sine they are stationed at Congo Basin.

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 29 Jan 2014, 17:14
Post #6

Group Icon

QUOTE (Re_Simeone @ 29 Jan 2014, 13:35) *
Since GLA is worldwide like Bruce said most sense would be that their stuff is in English like it is now,
it is little bit racist just to say "Hey,this sandniggers should speak Arabic,because they (Uygurs,Persians,Congolese,Chechens etc.) are all same shit..."
I think that next to English most logical second language to a current GLA would be French sine they are stationed at Congo Basin.

Although GLA is composed mainly of Arab culture descendants makes sense to communicate in other languages ​​such as English or French. I do not think it's anything racist to say that every member of the GLA - regardless of nationality - speak arabic, this is not something "generalist" is just the way things were exposed in the game since the Generals - even with MARS in ROTR reducing slightly the focus - if you examine the facts will realize that the foundation of the GLA is based on Deathstrike that linked with the arab culture and the others three generals of GLA in ROTR follow the same logic - in the case of GLA 's in Africa is intrinsic in the story that they - at least - following the trends dictated by their mentors - especially Sulaymaan, which without doubt is an arab - as indeed other African are in fact "Arabs". I'm sure that virtually no one GLA communicating in Chinese - after all they are there to fight against imperialism and not subvert to the enemy culture - in missions you could see that the GLA ​​cells are infiltrated in China, and the agents are not "Chinese supporters", EA took care to demonstrate this through small details along the missions.

This post has been edited by __CrUsHeR: 29 Jan 2014, 17:24

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
piratep2r
post 29 Jan 2014, 19:42
Post #7

Rocket pods are now available
Group Icon

Member No.: 9368

QUOTE (__CrUsHeR @ 29 Jan 2014, 12:14) *
Although GLA is composed mainly of Arab culture descendants makes sense to communicate in other languages ​​such as English or French. I do not think it's anything racist to say that every member of the GLA - regardless of nationality - speak arabic, this is not something "generalist" is just the way things were exposed in the game since the Generals - even with MARS in ROTR reducing slightly the focus - if you examine the facts will realize that the foundation of the GLA is based on Deathstrike that linked with the arab culture and the others three generals of GLA in ROTR follow the same logic - in the case of GLA 's in Africa is intrinsic in the story that they - at least - following the trends dictated by their mentors - especially Sulaymaan, which without doubt is an arab - as indeed other African are in fact "Arabs". I'm sure that virtually no one GLA communicating in Chinese - after all they are there to fight against imperialism and not subvert to the enemy culture - in missions you could see that the GLA ​​cells are infiltrated in China, and the agents are not "Chinese supporters", EA took care to demonstrate this through small details along the missions.

I, too, was under the impression that ROTR GLA is more of a worldwide organization and assumed that the average member does NOT speak Arabic; thus propaganda posters in Arabic don't really make that much sense. I would respectfully disagree about GLA not speaking Chinese - I actually assume the opposite, that if there were GLA linked insurgent cells in China, they probably would speak Chinese. I mean, I would imagine it would be hard to infiltrate a country without speaking the language.

All that being said, I don't think that my nitpicking about "realism" is of much use here. Realism is not what the mod is about. I do think that if I were one of the mod makers I would want to be careful about saying GLA = arab = terrorist beyond what the core game has already done. Generals came out in a different time, and frankly its take on the GLA probably bordered on poor taste at that time, as it was.

Just my opinion,

P

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 29 Jan 2014, 20:27
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE (piratep2r @ 29 Jan 2014, 16:42) *
I, too, was under the impression that ROTR GLA is more of a worldwide organization and assumed that the average member does NOT speak Arabic; thus propaganda posters in Arabic don't really make that much sense. I would respectfully disagree about GLA not speaking Chinese - I actually assume the opposite, that if there were GLA linked insurgent cells in China, they probably would speak Chinese. I mean, I would imagine it would be hard to infiltrate a country without speaking the language.

All that being said, I don't think that my nitpicking about "realism" is of much use here. Realism is not what the mod is about. I do think that if I were one of the mod makers I would want to be careful about saying GLA = arab = terrorist beyond what the core game has already done. Generals came out in a different time, and frankly its take on the GLA probably bordered on poor taste at that time, as it was.

Just my opinion,

P

Well, if you look at a slightly more realistic view for sure at some point one member of the GLA spoke Chinese to be able to succeed in his mission - which does not change the fact that they do not use the Chinese as their primary language.

Actually EA was careful when he made the game for this reason the GLA is a generic terrorist faction and not Al-Qaeda, but while they "played" with the ability to association of people - you think of an arab integrating GLA, that it is a terrorist faction, and then associates that all Arabs are terrorists members of the GLA, ie, you think with the same logic that they proposed, but... wait a second... EA say that?? ... in fact not, only suggested it, so nothing precluded the possibility of Chechens, Basques etc integrating the GLA - even if they do not expose these possible ramifications within the game.

The difference in ROTR is only that was exposed through of stories other possible ramifications of the faction and you can see some units of different nationalities as African Mercenaries, but still remains a strengthened further idea - suggestively - that there is a background fundamentalist-arab from behind the scenes of the GLA, (I'm not criticizing this, after all the team is being faithful to the original proposal of the game).

I wish I knew as a teenager 20 years from now would interpret the GLA, if he could really think of GLA as EA suggested - associated with Al-Qaeda - maybe he has an idea contrary to the majority of ZH fans of the beginning of 21 century.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jam Hacker
post 29 Jan 2014, 21:15
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE (SorataZ @ 29 Jan 2014, 15:13) *
I can imagine these as props for missions or just thematic maps, but I don't think they'd be done just for the heck of it. Besides, the Propaganda Centre is already covered in that stuff.

archaic mao-era poster and "beware of shoe theft", "bicycles park here" So I heard. crush8.gif

+Quote Post
Jam Hacker
post 29 Jan 2014, 21:53
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE (__CrUsHeR @ 29 Jan 2014, 21:27) *
Well, if you look at a slightly more realistic view for sure at some point one member of the GLA spoke Chinese to be able to succeed in his mission - which does not change the fact that they do not use the Chinese as their primary language.

Actually EA was careful when he made the game for this reason the GLA is a generic terrorist faction and not Al-Qaeda, but while they "played" with the ability to association of people - you think of an arab integrating GLA, that it is a terrorist faction, and then associates that all Arabs are terrorists members of the GLA, ie, you think with the same logic that they proposed, but... wait a second... EA say that?? ... in fact not, only suggested it, so nothing precluded the possibility of Chechens, Basques etc integrating the GLA - even if they do not expose these possible ramifications within the game.

The difference in ROTR is only that was exposed through of stories other possible ramifications of the faction and you can see some units of different nationalities as African Mercenaries, but still remains a strengthened further idea - suggestively - that there is a background fundamentalist-arab from behind the scenes of the GLA, (I'm not criticizing this, after all the team is being faithful to the original proposal of the game).

I wish I knew as a teenager 20 years from now would interpret the GLA, if he could really think of GLA as EA suggested - associated with Al-Qaeda - maybe he has an idea contrary to the majority of ZH fans of the beginning of 21 century.

I was thinking about Arabics when I posted this thread. Even the GLA is supposely "global". the reason is even in vanilla EA gave a great deal of features to imply that GLA's connection with radical islamic sects. it's default colour is green, it's symbolism consists of moon and blades, which is somewhat popular in arabic countries for centuries. GLA infantries like RPG troopers and rebels all wear turbans. In Zero Hour the three GLA generals are scattered around the middle east countries so I find it very easy to associate GLA with arabic words, as Quran is only authentic in arabic, all muslims should have at least some basic knowledge of Arabic regardless the nationality or whatever their first language should be. Islam has a prominent presence worldwide which pretty much covers all the regions where the campaign takes place, so I think the nationality and religion of the operatives and the global nature of this organisation does not contradict to one another. The GLA who nuked Beijing might be both chinese and muslim themselves, which can be further infered that they know a word of Arabic. You see the GLA should not and probably does not transport the bulk of their operatives to a foreign country in a clandestine operation but rather recruit from the local populace.
EA did get rid off the islamic notion when the supposed generals 2 came out, they redesigned the logo and add bunch of not so islamic figures into the faction. But that's another story. as far as I can see, SWR's GLA comes from generals 1's GLA, from what we see , these people are based in central Africa, and loves to wear turbans as well. It is safe to say that GLA is a political oriented military power whose members are mostly, if not all, muslims. if a transformation is to take place, there must have some significant events in the GLA history, and some fresh feature to suggest that they are different from the old one, which has a strong islamic notion.

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 30 Jan 2014, 0:56
Post #11

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

^Thats too racist and narrowminded of a view IMO.People in africa wear turbans due to the climate too, Its got nearly nothing to do with religon...

Keep in note its the GLOBAL LIBERATION ARMY

The only reason generals 2 wasnt so arabic themed was the global liberation army after its defeat started to fight on all fronts...Including the cartel the gangstas and all that stuff....

The first war on the gla was started because of the conflicts and unrest there, and its threat to the free world.The second was because a freaking soyuz missle was hijacked and launched at an american naval base in europe.Gotta give the makers credit for the game not being too boring with
"Well actually we were here for the resources and we're just killing tribes of rebels" Its cause of the ideas and ideals clashing wich is always a blast
Remember that ironside quote?"You leave that oil derrick alone, this wars not about the price of barrel"
The gla in generals 1 was arabic based sure and the one in zh was more of a mix.The rise of the reds one changed its structures into tunnels because its doctrine changed.They've been rebuilt over the ashes of the previous two "wars" There is no central leadership in the gla,only cells wich do disagree and fight each other...
The chinese nuclear convoy mission in VGenerals gla or the last USA mission vs thrax in zh was a clear example of it.Otherwise who the hell would be sane enough to fight in two fronts?
Oh wait...*Remembers that leader in WW2* /:#(
The global liberation army is a symbol and image of the oppressed vs the major powers...Not some backyard cave cult preaching a religon or to be defined by the regions culture and faith etc.

This post has been edited by (USA)Bruce: 30 Jan 2014, 0:59

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jam Hacker
post 30 Jan 2014, 1:47
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 30 Jan 2014, 1:56) *
^Thats too racist and narrowminded of a view IMO.People in africa wear turbans due to the climate too, Its got nearly nothing to do with religon...

The only reason generals 2 wasnt so arabic themed was the global liberation army after its defeat started to fight on all fronts...Including the cartel the gangstas and all that stuff....

The first war on the gla was started because of the conflicts and unrest there, and its threat to the free world.The second was because a freaking soyuz missle was hijacked and launched at an american naval base in europe.Gotta give the makers credit for the game not being too boring with
"Well actually we were here for the resources and we're just killing tribes of rebels" Its cause of the ideas and ideals clashing wich is always a blast
Remember that ironside quote?"You leave that oil derrick alone, this wars not about the price of barrel"
The gla in generals 1 was arabic based sure and the one in zh was more of a mix.The rise of the reds one changed its structures into tunnels because its doctrine changed.They've been rebuilt over the ashes of the previous two "wars" There is no central leadership in the gla,only cells wich do disagree and fight each other...
The chinese nuclear convoy mission in VGenerals gla or the last USA mission vs thrax in zh was a clear example of it.Otherwise who the hell would be sane enough to fight in two fronts?
The global liberation army is a symbol and image of the oppressed vs the major powers...Not some backyard cave cult preaching a religon or to be defined by the regions culture and faith etc.

Look I don't think anyone here is trying to classify GLA as some sort of church militant, and their goals are mostly political but so far, they extended the tone of the GLA in ZH and generals, which carries a islamic tint, and changing doctorine certainly has nothing to do with demographic makeup.
To make this politically correct, GLA may haijacked religion to meet their own end, at least in the vanilla stories, which certainly doesn't imply that there is a good chance that muslims are terrorists or islam is, to any extend, a terrorist cult.
By EA's default in generals1, there is nothing wrong in antagonizing the GLA, they burn down cities, stir up insurections, raid UN convoys, bomb a score of cities, kill delegates in a peace talk and employ forced labour. what cause can justify all that?
GLA used to have leaders, in fact they even had some sort of capitals which was leveled at the end of US campaign in generals, thus splitting couple cells doing their own things, But that deathstrike guy had to some extend, reorganised the GLA, and you work for him in ZH campaign. So we can be sure that at least after ZH campaign 2, there is an organised GLA. and that is after Thrax went MIA after US campaign. according to the news anchor they not only have a leader, but much couragous than "that leader in WW2", for he orders to launch attack at all fronts, next thing you know, America recalled troops in Europe, china found its nuclear powerplant is under siege. and GLA is nonconfrontative so that you rarely have a chance to annihilate divisions or corps of troops in a decisive victory like the allied did in WW2. Even though China did managed to fend off GLA assaults and eventually "reliberate" europe, deathstrike's hierachy remained untouched, and according to rotr lore, the current head figure ascend to premiership after deathstrike's demise, which does not seem to me, a radical transition from the old GLA to the new one.

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 30 Jan 2014, 1:49
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE (Jam Hacker @ 29 Jan 2014, 18:53) *
I was thinking about Arabics when I posted this thread. Even the GLA is supposely "global". the reason is even in vanilla EA gave a great deal of features to imply that GLA's connection with radical islamic sects. it's default colour is green, it's symbolism consists of moon and blades, which is somewhat popular in arabic countries for centuries. GLA infantries like RPG troopers and rebels all wear turbans. In Zero Hour the three GLA generals are scattered around the middle east countries so I find it very easy to associate GLA with arabic words, as Quran is only authentic in arabic, all muslims should have at least some basic knowledge of Arabic regardless the nationality or whatever their first language should be. Islam has a prominent presence worldwide which pretty much covers all the regions where the campaign takes place, so I think the nationality and religion of the operatives and the global nature of this organisation does not contradict to one another. The GLA who nuked Beijing might be both chinese and muslim themselves, which can be further infered that they know a word of Arabic. You see the GLA should not and probably does not transport the bulk of their operatives to a foreign country in a clandestine operation but rather recruit from the local populace.
EA did get rid off the islamic notion when the supposed generals 2 came out, they redesigned the logo and add bunch of not so islamic figures into the faction. But that's another story. as far as I can see, SWR's GLA comes from generals 1's GLA, from what we see , these people are based in central Africa, and loves to wear turbans as well. It is safe to say that GLA is a political oriented military power whose members are mostly, if not all, muslims. if a transformation is to take place, there must have some significant events in the GLA history, and some fresh feature to suggest that they are different from the old one, which has a strong islamic notion.

Actually, the GLA symbol is perhaps the biggest clue of its link with the Arabs and Islamic religion, though, as I mentioned earlier, is not something explicit.
QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 29 Jan 2014, 21:56) *

Your analysis makes sense since it is possible to make several interpretations related to the GLA already that EA left several gaps in blank intentionally.

NOTE: An interesting thing happens in the first GLA mission: when your troops are approaching of an Arab-Islamic village - judging by the structures - and you destroy the speaker tower come from inside the houses rebels that are incorporated into their forces, I have the impression that Chinese troops were used to "psychological war" - a kind of brainwashing - to oppress the Arabs revolutionaries who acted in China, anyone have any different interpretation?

--------------------

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 30 Jan 2014, 2:42
Post #14

Group Icon

Seems to me that in the transition period between the events of the Generals\ZH for ROTR, and with the death of Deathstrike some things have changed and the new leaders of the faction now hold more power over their cells than before. The name Global Liberation Army is just something generic for a group that aims to achieve policy goals, but for this purpose the idea of ​​an arab people seems to be something logical - as the Romans who managed to unite different cultures and peoples under a single religion in order to preserve the state and the unity - or is, to be arab involves owning a religious ideology and be sympathetic to beliefs in common, in fact it is not something related to blood lines or nationalism\geography, therefore I consider that the GLA faction - lead for Deathstrike - was a 99% arab-islamic, already in ROTR GLA perhaps is 90-95% aligned with this perspective - the rest can is involved in it for purely economic-political purposes, but is an exception. In the story "Pandemonium " I wrote about it implying that the underworld faction still room for other religions\cultures - 10-05% of the members of the faction - in the end of the day the GLA, in my opinion, not makes the Arab-Islamists are seen as "religious terrorists" but men of closed head who use the religion as a scapegoat to disqualify their wickedness, like all other extremists-terrorists.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 31 Jan 2014, 1:35
Post #15

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

NOTE: An interesting thing happens in the first GLA mission: when your troops are approaching of an Arab-Islamic village - judging by the structures - and you destroy the speaker tower come from inside the houses rebels that are incorporated into their forces, I have the impression that Chinese troops were used to "psychological war" - a kind of brainwashing - to oppress the Arabs revolutionaries who acted in China, anyone have any different interpretation?

Personally I think the speaker tower was like a flag, you pull it down to symbolize that you've taken over this area, and the people who want to fight for you pick up guns and join.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The General
post 31 Jan 2014, 23:28
Post #16

Head of the Federal Council of Byzantine
Group Icon

Member No.: 9974

It's only fair that they get their own writting.

--------------------
"Nations whose nationalism is destroyed are subject to ruin."
Colonel Muhammar Gaddafi (RIP).
"You will not mind, gentlemen, that i am firstly a Russian and my closest interests are those of Russia, but I can assure you that interests of Serbia and those of the Serbian people are immediately after them."
Nicholas II of Russia.
"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune."
Noam Chomsky.

Operation "Removal" fanfiction - last edited 01.07.2015.( episode #4 part 2 added-fanfiction complete )

Russia: The Evil Empire.
Do not watch RT !
Noam Chomsky on the Genocide in Kosovo.

+Quote Post
Happy
post 3 May 2014, 13:21
Post #17

Group Icon

Member No.: 10436

I will focus on some point that may have been absent from some people

first the GLA is a representation of Al Qaeda with some additions
the GAL theater ( as Al Qaeda ) is the middle east with some exceptions
EA has put some anti Arab anti Islamic ideas in the creation of the GLA LIKE:
- the GAL command center is actually a mosque or a masjed (which used by Muslims in their prayers to God)
- if you select the infantry building of the GLA you will hear a cheer that says HYAK ALLAH YA RASSOUL ALLAH which is in Arabic and it means God bless you, O Messenger of God (Messenger of God refers to prophet Mohammed)
-the names of the commander of the GLA are Kassad Jaziz Mohmar wich are Arabic names
- in the map of the challenge mod in CCGZH you will find the commanders of the USA are stationed in USA and the Chinese commanders in China but the commander of the GLA are stationed in Egypt (stealth) Saudi Arabia (toxin) and Iran (demolition)
which are a major Islamic countries
-the GLA uses English language with an Arabic accent
-all the Minaret is considered as an enemy building by your units even if there is no enemy troops is garrisoned inside

This post has been edited by Happy: 3 May 2014, 13:26

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 3 May 2014, 13:37
Post #18

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

QUOTE (Happy @ 3 May 2014, 14:21) *
I will focus on some point that may have been absent from some people

first the GLA is a representation of Al Qaeda with some additions
the GAL theater ( as Al Qaeda ) is the middle east with some exceptions
EA has put some anti Arab anti Islamic ideas in the creation of the GLA LIKE:
- the GAL command center is actually a mosque or a masjed (which used by Muslims in their prayers to God)
- if you select the infantry building of the GLA you will hear a cheer that says HYAK ALLAH YA RASSOUL ALLAH which is in Arabic and it means God bless you, O Messenger of God (Messenger of God refers to prophet Mohammed)
-the names of the commander of the GLA are Kassad Jaziz Mohmar wich are Arabic names
- in the map of the challenge mod in CCGZH you will find the commanders of the USA are stationed in USA and the Chinese commanders in China but the commander of the GLA are stationed in Egypt (stealth) Saudi Arabia (toxin) and Iran (demolition)
which are a major Islamic countries
-the GLA uses English language with an Arabic accent

yeah but this 'new' GLA is a little bit different,gen/zh GLA was heavily inspired by bad guys of time game came out:Al-Qaeda you've mentioned,
Saddam (Scud Launchers),Anthrax theme (Anthrax letters attacks from 2001),but if you remember most of mission including GLA were in ex Soviet
republics,Iran etc. which doesn't have to do much with arabic population.So even then they were worldwide.
Also remember nuking of Beijing from org. gen. I was always under assumption how those were Islamic locals brainwashed by GLA
doing their dirty work,I mean how you would infiltrate,like hundreds of barefooted Arabs to the event with maximum security,they would be pretty obvious.
This new ROTRs GLA concentrates more on central Africa about 20 years after events of zh,meaning their structure tad changed.
So I like to think how English would be their first language,since they are all over the place,and French second,since that is a main language spoken in
territories GLA operate during events of ROTR.

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 3 May 2014, 13:38
Post #19

Group Icon

@Happy - Yes, the GLA is a super Al-Qaeda that has evolved into an army. Of course the premise of the Generals is based on anti-terrorist belief of the West that was at its apex when the game was released, so, you can see the "good" and "evil" as something well defined.

Interesting that you mention the Minarets - something I had not noticed - shows something a bit deeper behind the production of the game.

This post has been edited by __CrUsHeR: 3 May 2014, 13:39

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 3 May 2014, 16:27
Post #20

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

^ I think the minaret thing might be due to the fact that these are actually the only structures that can fall over into a random direction and crush things underneath. I'd say the default target icon is there for the purpose of using the collapsing building as a tactical tool or code reasons. That's way more likely an explanation than some sort of underhanded statement. As for the GLA as a whole, it has been pointed out several times over the years that Gens/ZH was a product of the post-9/11 zeitgeist and ROTR has developed the GLA away from that to a certain extent because their old style would make them seem very dated and vestigial in the context of our own story, which is why we repurposed them into a pseudo-nation of anti-globalists that represent all sorts of violent ideologies such as religious fundamentalism, crypto-communism/fascism, anti-capitalism, etc, because this whole 'war on terror steroid edition' shtick would seem too much like an old artefact in the context of a mid 2040s WW3 story involving Russia and Europe.

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 3 May 2014, 18:40
Post #21

Group Icon

^ Makes sense, I hope you're right about that.

The ROTR GLA seems to be similar to the Gen2 GLA - in terms of conceptual plot - with a larger cultural-ideological comprehensiveness.

This post has been edited by __CrUsHeR: 3 May 2014, 18:41

--------------------

+Quote Post
Happy
post 4 May 2014, 8:46
Post #22

Group Icon

Member No.: 10436

if we go back in time when most of Africa was occupied from great Britain or France

....although these countries are now librated from the foreign occupation but some how the long term occupation has affected the people in those countries and some things like constitution, Judicial System even some habits have changed to be similar to the way are in the country that occupied them...language is one of the main things that has changed even now there are countries have English and French as a main language

here are the countrieswitch have English as a main language

here are the countrieswitch have French as a main language

what I am trying to say is that the developers of ROTR tried to make it has some realistic features ...the GLA now is centered in central Africa so it is logical to use English and finch as languages but not Arabic

This post has been edited by Happy: 4 May 2014, 8:55

+Quote Post
Dutchygamer
post 4 May 2014, 11:07
Post #23

Frontline Chaos mod leader and creator
Group Icon

Member No.: 25
Projects: ROTR Tester
Host of

Just a friendly reminder: China already has posters in their own language. Look at the Propaganda Center in example (CC also afaik).

--------------------

+Quote Post
8igDaddy8lake
post 5 May 2014, 23:08
Post #24

Group Icon

Member No.: 10285

Happy makes a good point, but honestly, does it really matter? I don't think the GLA would have one recognized language that is the only one they use - they would speak anything and pretty much everything. They are the Global Liberation Army (even if based in Africa), after all, which makes me think they just speak whatever is convenient at the time. Arabic is probably spoken among most higher ups, and then everyone else just speaks they want to.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24 May 2024 - 11:16