NK Missiles
Jester
post 29 Mar 2013, 10:58
Post #51

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 80
Forum Mechanic

I'm not calling for war or anything but something needs to be done about Kim Jong Un and his douche bag family. Seeing his missiles fail right in front of his eyes would be hilarious though.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Сергеј Иванович
post 29 Mar 2013, 13:29
Post #52

Group Icon

Member No.: 54
Poor fan

TBH, their long range rocket capacity is poor, but don't underestimate their low-mid range copies of SCUDlike "Nodong-2" missiles. And maybe they won't hit hit Guam and Hawaii, but they sure can make life miserable in Japan and SK. Today I found in news "that unofficial SK source spot heavy mechanised units movement around NK launch areas" and "B-2 Stealth bombers performed showcase of bombing runs on a nearby Korean island". Media-wise, this is NK's response on joint military operations between SK and USA, in return, SK and USA do this 'cause of NK underground nuke testings, which is a real headache and endless spiral of NK's blackmailing SK and USA to UN negotiations, and USA's inteference in this region since Korean War.

This post has been edited by Сергеј Иванович: 29 Mar 2013, 13:32

--------------------

+Quote Post
Warpath
post 30 Mar 2013, 1:03
Post #53

Mad General... MUAHAHAHAHA!!!
Group Icon

Member No.: 9008
Follower of the Grimdark.

I just read the news article about the Nork plan to NUKE the US mainland and I gotta say, they are INSANE, though I doubt that they'll succeed nuking either Japan or SK is something like committing nation killing suicide because IF they do that then its likely that every nation (or most of 'em at least) on the planet would want to destroy the Kim regime, I wont be surprised if we see a coalition-like force crossing the DMZ if a 2nd Korean War erupts.

--------------------
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
- George S. Patton

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

- The Neconomicon

Two things are infinite: the universe and the human stupidity.
- Albert Einstein (attributed)

+Quote Post
Pepo
post 30 Mar 2013, 1:11
Post #54

Group Icon

Member No.: 9862

I have read some news and this is escalating fast.nk is going to be defeated ,but it seem they want to take sk and japan with then

+Quote Post
Warpath
post 30 Mar 2013, 2:00
Post #55

Group Icon

QUOTE (Pepo @ 30 Mar 2013, 1:11) *
I have read some news and this is escalating fast.nk is going to be defeated ,but it seem they want to take sk and japan with then

Like I said, North K. initiating a second war would be suicide, though no one wants a war cuz who would want to take care of 23 or so million impoverished, brainwashed into loyalty and starving Norks, hell they might even start an insurgency and we all know what happened on Iraq.

Oh wait, North K. just declared a 'state of war' with the South "State media: North Korea in 'state of war' with South, threatens to 'dissolve' U.S.".

This post has been edited by Warpath: 30 Mar 2013, 4:15

--------------------
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
- George S. Patton

- The Neconomicon

+Quote Post
MARS
post 30 Mar 2013, 6:14
Post #56

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

Technically speaking, the two Koreas have been in a 'state of war' since the 'end' of the first war in the 50s, since that one was never truly concluded in a proper legal sense.

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 30 Mar 2013, 22:40
Post #57

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

I am pretty sure that their missiles will literally blwo up in their own faces if they really start them because even if they successfully start, all this saber rattling will already have attracted American Aircraft Carriers just waiting to shot them down.

+Quote Post
Jester
post 30 Mar 2013, 23:49
Post #58

Group Icon

Forum Mechanic

God these people are so stupid. These empty threats are really irritating. A video of some sort should be produced showing the leaders of countries laughing at these childish threats and then sent to the door step of this absolute ass clown. Surely they must see that they are making themselves look stupidly foolish?

+Quote Post
Warpath
post 31 Mar 2013, 4:51
Post #59

Group Icon

QUOTE (Jester @ 31 Mar 2013, 0:49) *
God these people are so stupid. These empty threats are really irritating. A video of some sort should be produced showing the leaders of countries laughing at these childish threats and then sent to the door step of this absolute ass clown. Surely they must see that they are making themselves look stupidly foolish?

Hahahahahaha!! The only time they do care about looking stupid is that if they get an humiliatingly hilarious epic fail, but no, Kim Jong Un is to irrational and idiotic to care about that, hell, his father and grandfather are more competent than him, at least they know when to back down, if this keeps on going at the current path North Korea WILL be destroyed.

--------------------
- George S. Patton

- The Neconomicon

+Quote Post
Maxner12
post 31 Mar 2013, 10:01
Post #60

Group Icon

Member No.: 9552

QUOTE (Warpath @ 29 Mar 2013, 0:57) *
Heh, that depends IF those missiles even successfully launch and it just blows up in there faces, ahhh the hilarity of seeing them fail epically is worth it.

The only problem that if their skill is over 9000, they might manage to make the entire Korea vanish from Earth.
And thus making Blizzard bankrupt.

Also, http://kimjongunlookingatthings.tumblr.com/
It's a hard job to be a dictator, don't you think?

This post has been edited by Maxner12: 31 Mar 2013, 10:04

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 31 Mar 2013, 10:51
Post #61

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

If only I was payed to say that things look nice... I would probably go insane beforehand I8.gif8I.gif

+Quote Post
MARS
post 31 Mar 2013, 10:52
Post #62

Group Icon

For all the unintentional hilarity that undoubtably lies in the sheer absurdity of the Kim regime, we should not forget that NK's leadership would most likely be mad enough to sacrifice the bigger part of its impoverished, yet heavily indoctrinated population if it ever came to another war. We're talking about a total of about 24 million people, 1.1 million of whom are currently active in the KPA plus another 8.2 million in reserve plus another 3.5 million Worker-Peasant Red Guards PLUS an unknown number of brainwashed civilians who'd be throwing themselves into the fray with farming tools because their 'divine' leader told them that the Americans are coming to rape and eat them. In the same way that overestimating Saddam's Republican Guards turned out to be a hilarious mishap, underestimating the Norks might easily turn into a humanitarian tragedy. We should all keep that in mind before we crack too many jokes about how 'hilarious' of a curbstomp battle it'd be to see these people charge into a hail of cluster bombs and white phosphorus.

+Quote Post
Maxner12
post 31 Mar 2013, 11:32
Post #63

Group Icon

QUOTE (MARS @ 31 Mar 2013, 11:52) *
For all the unintentional hilarity..

Any army that would invade NK, would need a huge amount of men, UAVs, watercannons, tear gas, tazers (if you don't want to mow down the farmers charging at you with a tractor, else you could get very bad PR) besides the usual weaponry. Basically these fanatics would only stand down if the Dear Leader himself issues them the order (or not and they would remove the Dear Leader for losing his mind and would get a new Dear Leader).

Update:
After the stateofwarception, we moved to kind of the "all your base are belong to us" phase.
http://www.euronews.com/2013/03/31/north-k...conomic-threat/

+Quote Post
MARS
post 31 Mar 2013, 11:36
Post #64

Group Icon

This new threat is actually somewhat disturbing. Not the threat itself, but if they really were to do THAT, chances are the guy has actually lost his mind and is seriously going to launch an attack next. Shutting down Kaesong would significantly hurt NK's own economy, something a sane person would not do if he does not actually want to go to war afterwards. You wouldn't shoot your own economy in the knee for the sake of making an empty threat.

+Quote Post
Maxner12
post 31 Mar 2013, 11:49
Post #65

Group Icon

What makes things worse of course, is that they could make some half-assed nuke. Even if they can't put it on a missile, they can still make a dirty bomb (kind of a makeshift suitcase nuke), that only needs to be smuggled into Seoul. Or even if they just detonate several of these on the border, they already achieved a catastrophe. And they are not the ones who care about the welfare of their people so they would send their troops without even waiting for the mushroom cloud to be gone.

By the way, did anyone else know that Dear Leader got educated in Switzerland?
From wikipedia:
"According to reports first published in Japanese newspapers, he went to school in Switzerland near Bern. First reports claimed he attended the private English-language "International School" in Gümligen near Bern under the name "Chol-pak" or "Pak-chol" from 1993 until 1998. He was described as shy, a good student who got along well with his classmates and was a basketball fan."

+Quote Post
Warpath
post 31 Mar 2013, 12:52
Post #66

Group Icon

For some reason I can't see any other logic in this barring forcing the US and South Korea to back down militarily and lift the sanctions, the latter backing down being somewhat more unlikely.

--------------------
- George S. Patton

- The Neconomicon

+Quote Post
Pepo
post 1 Apr 2013, 0:15
Post #67

Group Icon

Member No.: 9862

QUOTE (Maxner12 @ 31 Mar 2013, 12:49) *
What makes things worse of course, is that they could make some half-assed nuke. Even if they can't put it on a missile, they can still make a dirty bomb (kind of a makeshift suitcase nuke), that only needs to be smuggled into Seoul.

A dirty bomb is a terror weapon,not a military one.in fact putting the radioactive materials in the suitcase leave less space to explosive,decreasing the explosion range and the people kill by it(you need A LOT of radiation to kill a person)

It seem that althrougth they are in a state of war,they havent do anything.they just want to provoke usa and sk to attack then so that their missiles can actually kill someone

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 1 Apr 2013, 11:49
Post #68

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

If the NK close Kaesong in fact things probably will converge for war, the war that happened in the sequel will be unpredictable, however the chances of Kin Jong-un regime to succeed in a military campaign are reduced in comparison with Korea South and its allies, but we are talking about a Korea with thousands of tanks, artillery pieces and an huge infantry... not think that will be an easy war to the South and the USA.

QUOTE (Pepo @ 31 Mar 2013, 20:15) *
A dirty bomb is a terror weapon,not a military one.in fact putting the radioactive materials in the suitcase leave less space to explosive,decreasing the explosion range and the people kill by it(you need A LOT of radiation to kill a person)

It seem that althrougth they are in a state of war,they havent do anything.they just want to provoke usa and sk to attack then so that their missiles can actually kill someone

This assertion does not seem to be very proper, what is the difference from a conventional weapon and a 'terrorist'? ... Perhaps it is more prudent to say that a 'dirty bomb' has an inferior technology in relation to conventional atomic bomb.

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
MARS
post 1 Apr 2013, 12:10
Post #69

Group Icon

It's a terror weapon in the sense that it's mostly psychological. The US/SK militaries certainly know a thing or two about fighting in an NBC environment, but a civilian population is very vulnerable to a radiological attack. As such, it becomes a fear weapon.

+Quote Post
Warpath
post 1 Apr 2013, 14:58
Post #70

Group Icon

Using a dirty bomb might make things even worse that the is situation now, I'm sure the Norks aren't INSANE enough to do that unless they REALLY want to be bombed to the stone age

Hey, what are the odds of the medium and long ranged Nork missiles actually hitting their targets?

--------------------
- George S. Patton

- The Neconomicon

+Quote Post
MARS
post 1 Apr 2013, 15:23
Post #71

Group Icon

Again, I wouldn't worry about their missiles. I'd worry about their special forces which are not only the largest in the world - not necessarily a quality statement - but also downright insane. These are the guys who have already performed several violent incursions into SK's territory and built tunnels underneath the DMZ in the past. If I were Kim, I wouldn't mount my bomb onto a crappy unreliable missile that'd inevitably be shot out of the sky by the US. I'd let my spec ops dress up as fishermen, put them and their bomb on a trawler, drive it up the Han river and hide the thing in some abandoned shack in Seoul until I need it.

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 1 Apr 2013, 17:07
Post #72

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

I fear the nuclear arsenal of the USA and its strategic weapons, they can cause much more damage than a 'dirty bomb' of North Korea, the question is who is more crazier - Obama or Kin? On one side a president who carries the burden of his nation already have used nuclear weapons against the civilian population in the past and 'have crossed the red line', the other a young cornered dictator who must assert themselves to sustain his regime, NK has little to lose and the USA needs to win with the South, in a hypothetically war between the two Koreas probably one of the two sides will tighten the 'button of judgment' in a desperate attitude already a war against the Communists may be prolonged, have consequences unpredictable in the field of geopolitics and caused numerous casualties to Seoul and its allies.

This post has been edited by __CrUsHeR: 1 Apr 2013, 17:08

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
Maxner12
post 1 Apr 2013, 17:20
Post #73

Group Icon

The whole thing is rather like a lose-lose situation if it escalates. NK could achieve some victories in the beginning due to the sudden zerg rush through the border. Could even make use of their nuclear materials, plus their artillery could level a good part of Seoul. But after that, they basically get steamrolled by SK and USA and they can whine as much as they want, neither Russia or China wants to help them if it escalates into a war.
The other part of the problem here, that the whole country can go "YOU'LL NEVER WIN, AHAHAH" and detonate their half-assed nukes through the country, taking as much "foreign scum" with them as possible (meanwhile Dear Leader goes underground most likely, he is too damn concerned about his well-being to heroically sacrifice himself).
As a result, the victors get an irradiated country with non-existent economy, irradiated and hostile people, and possibly their own troops could get irradiated. And meanwhile SK could get harmed a lot as well.

I think it's sadly better for everyone not to continue the war (of course, above scenario is just one of the many possibilites, not to be taken as fact, it's just what could happen maybe).

This post has been edited by Maxner12: 1 Apr 2013, 17:25

+Quote Post
Jester
post 1 Apr 2013, 17:42
Post #74

Group Icon

Forum Mechanic

The North should just be completely and utterly ignored. If people just ignored it and left it alone then it would be like a spoiled child soon get bored and stop throwing around its laughable threats. Hopefully the Kim regime burns in a torrent of their own nuclear fire or at least have the fat dumb ass brought to justice for being such a idiotic douche bag.

+Quote Post
Kichō
post 1 Apr 2013, 18:53
Post #75

Group Icon

Member No.: 50

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_d...3032801198.html

A senior official from the DPRK visiting Xi'an says "there'll be no war" then goes on to say "so send as many tourists as possible" Love that attitude. 8I.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29 March 2024 - 12:16