IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Community feedback patch, Lifes Good Patch Version 2 is ready for release!
ZunZero97
post 1 Oct 2017, 7:21
Post #26

A Legendary Fox
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10865
a man who play videogames, What are you waiting for me?

USA needs at least a T0 Main Battle Tank with TankArmor because the game engine of the drones are something bad and we should keep in mind USA have a Tank General and is Bradley.
And when i try to add a team on skirmishscripts the teams simply just delete and doesnt work why?

This post has been edited by ZunZero97: 1 Oct 2017, 7:24
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hanfield
post 1 Oct 2017, 10:35
Post #27

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10884

QUOTE (ZunZero97 @ 1 Oct 2017, 9:21) *
game engine of the drones

--------------------
"don't live, hanfield"
"i swear to god, if this was a room full of you people i'd be taking off my gloves and slapping hanfield every 5 minutes"

- bruce 2016

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 1 Oct 2017, 12:46
Post #28

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (ZunZero97 @ 1 Oct 2017, 8:21) *
game engine of the drones

ZunZero, I know you have your problems with English, but that post is incomprehensible even by the usual standards. Please try to rephrase that.

+Quote Post
ULTRA Faff
post 1 Oct 2017, 16:18
Post #29

Shockwave & ROTR Fan
Group Icon

Member No.: 11315
DavidNeump

^ nice biggrin.gif

Loving this patch! You guys have done an amazing job - thanks, will give feedback being mainly a SP kinda guy - hopefully your included changes will work for me wink.gif

p.s is there a way to see in-game/start screen what version no. I'm on so I know this patch is active so to speak?

Cheers!

This post has been edited by ULTRA Faff: 1 Oct 2017, 16:25

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hanfield
post 1 Oct 2017, 18:59
Post #30

Group Icon

Member No.: 10884

QUOTE (ULTRA Faff @ 1 Oct 2017, 18:18) *
^ nice biggrin.gif

Loving this patch! You guys have done an amazing job - thanks, will give feedback being mainly a SP kinda guy - hopefully your included changes will work for me wink.gif

p.s is there a way to see in-game/start screen what version no. I'm on so I know this patch is active so to speak?

Cheers!

AI sorta works, but this is a PVP oriented patch, with no AI updates made to accommodate the changes that concern weapon function or unit availability.
Enter the Options menu and look at the bottom - if you see "Rise of the Reds 1.87 Public Build 1.2 - Life'sGood Patch Version 0.2, Zerohour Version 1.4", then the patch is active.

--------------------
"don't live, hanfield"
"i swear to god, if this was a room full of you people i'd be taking off my gloves and slapping hanfield every 5 minutes"

- bruce 2016

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 1 Oct 2017, 23:14
Post #31

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 10248
pls join my games im lonely =c

QUOTE (ZunZero97 @ 1 Oct 2017, 7:21) *
USA needs at least a T0 Main Battle Tank with TankArmor because the game engine of the drones are something bad and we should keep in mind USA have a Tank General and is Bradley.
And when i try to add a team on skirmishscripts the teams simply just delete and doesnt work why?

We literally have t0 acolytes. What more do you want?

Also as stated many times this patch is for PVP players and the AI has not been changed to accomodate the changes. The ai will probably not work for many maps because of this so if you want to get the most out of this patch get online and play play paly

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!
Join our Discord Server for a great community and plenty of games and memes!
Also, check out our ROTR - Fan group on Facebook.

+Quote Post
ZunZero97
post 2 Oct 2017, 1:24
Post #32

A Legendary Fox
Group Icon

Member No.: 10865
a man who play videogames, What are you waiting for me?

QUOTE ({Lads}RikerZZZ @ 1 Oct 2017, 19:14) *
We literally have t0 acolytes. What more do you want?

Also as stated many times this patch is for PVP players and the AI has not been changed to accomodate the changes. The ai will probably not work for many maps because of this so if you want to get the most out of this patch get online and play play paly

i missed the reply button on certain people how says "Why USA have T0 Tank" and things like that.
Sorry my bad english tongue.gif ive lost some fluid conversation, because i have surrounded people doesnt talk english unsure.gif
by the way i like the patch and nerf the AT weapon of the buggy

+Quote Post
rey
post 2 Oct 2017, 15:14
Post #33

Group Icon

Member No.: 10315

QUOTE (Mizo @ 29 Sep 2017, 10:25) *
They get faster repair and bonus HP meaning better survivability against jets which were their biggest threats. Their dps was always insane. Now they can fight on par with kodiak which is a blessing capability for GLA to have ( Direct Medium tank front assault capability).
meh, still feel it lacks some special-ability or other way to stand out.. idk, like say repairing to full with junk piles.

QUOTE (Mizo @ 29 Sep 2017, 10:25) *
But I dont understand how ECA became less of a tank faction. They have the same exact capability as before ( even better since you can build leopards at tier 0 , hence why I requested a 2 second build time increase, in order for them to not completely dominate GLA early game since they can fill both anti tank and anti-infantry roles with the manned machine guns.
my statement was exactly about this Tier0+2sec as i never felt lack of tank on Tier0(it's ECA with enough defenses) and at the same time i always hated how looong it takes to build some tank battalion(that may be killed in seconds due to so-so speed, and here we start again). but oh well that's just my experience.

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 29 Sep 2017, 11:29) *
ECA has a T0 tank now...How are they not tank based?
as answered to Mizo it's more about ECA was never able to fast build tank army, so even +2 sec adds to that. my bad, i can't make myself to play as "this faction is about defenses and tanks are just for picture of presence, so don't struggle to make them main force".

For USA, Its got to do with how fast you could transition from a defensive T0 and then pay 300 more and be up in the enemies face with crusaders.
why not simply lock that update for hover with Tier1/2 availability?

Also three units isnt that uncommon, There's the three mercenaries that are similar to it. Dont see it as three units but two upgrades/Choices that's better off in single combat then the acolyte and the right to purchase T2 AA.
the problem is that mecrs are really an option, while here i feel "lack of armor" units. Paladin was a GP for extra-armor, Acolytes as support fast tank, and Crusader is a good middle point. with such lock it feels like good light tanks that is better in some ways same bad in some ways and GP with good armor Paladin = why would i use crusaders at all? when it's situation where Acolytes can't handle(which is not that seldom) next step will be already Paladins.

The Marauder can now easily man fight anything that isn't a super heavy.The change allows you to easier preserve it and gather salvage with less risk of being denied.
well it's a step to make Marauder more viable, but it still kinda feels "can't i do same with little more Scorpions".

Burantino was never artillery, ever, In the history of every...Its a fancy rocket based garrison clearer that you can burst down mobs or chemical suit soldiers with.
statement was not mainly about if Buratino is arty(lets say it's my dreams just as yours Acolytes MBT), but about why that USA siege infantry doesn't lose same "non-dedicated" units damage too.

Also I'm curious on how you replace acolytes with drones honestly.Must be a PVE thing smile.gif
i didn't say i will replace, but obviously presence of drones in mod meant to make people think as that is "other way"/somewhat replacement to vehicles.

overly, Bruce, i find this patch interesting. i like AT infantry buff the most and mercs faster build(same liked it in RGO). lots of tweaks here and there that need time to be felt.

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 2 Oct 2017, 17:34
Post #34

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

Im always thankfull of feedback, Thank you for yours Rey.

What I can say is that a ton more little tweaks and fixes are planned and in store for the next version.We have to just sit down and finalize some notes and suggestions from both the little group we have and the public.

Just going to answer something; You need to tie the hover engines to an upgrade.Sadly theres no "speed" upgrade for USA (God how I wish there was one) But we're here to adjust and calibrate from what we have.Not to expand and create a minimod.

Acolytes at T0 just seemed to be the most reasonable way to approach this and so far I heard alot more praise then curses on it.
Try to see Microwaves as your core unit at T1 anyways, just like a cyrocopter/assault destroyer from red alert 3 for your ground force.Also without crusaders, do remember that.

Why use crusaders? Well we have change in mind for them, but for now see them as T1 heavier armour that you can use for the "deathball" stratagey

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 2 Oct 2017, 19:40
Post #35

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

Member No.: 10450

I had an idea discussed before in tester chats and LG ones, regarding the Mauraders leaving a husk after getting killed, that have the ability to ''recover'' the tank again after paying a price. This effectively turns it into some Zombie-tank of some sort, forcing the enemy to kill the husk as well in order to get rid of the unit completely. Though some technical issues doesnt make implementing it easy biggrin.gif

--------------------

Not a Rusty Spoon........The_Hunter uses a goddamn wooden spoon on his AI Scripters....

+Quote Post
ULTRA Faff
post 2 Oct 2017, 19:46
Post #36

Shockwave & ROTR Fan
Group Icon

DavidNeump

Thanks Hanfield, well I probably shouldn't say this (as not an official patch) but I played 4 or 5 skirmish ai matches last night and the changes just make this mod a whole lot better. I mean ALLOT better. Gameplay just felt smoother and more balanced. The factions overall were more enjoyable to play with all the tweaks/changes you guys have put in. Besides the AI still be a total wacko.gif to play against.

I'm still getting pink squares around builders, the odd unit here or there turning invisible and such but I guess that's part of the testing build still.

I'm going to be brutally honest, in my eyes there are just too many units and even possibly features that I never use, I wonder if I'm alone on this sometimes! I'll wait and see what you guys come up with next and you seem to be ironing allot of these out anyway wink.gif
I look at Shockwave and can see it's direction from the beginning...and sometimes I wonder if RTR has lost it's direction a little! (apologies if I'm wrong as I'm sure the team has it's plans!)

Great job, look forward to more updates.

This post has been edited by ULTRA Faff: 2 Oct 2017, 20:00

--------------------

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 2 Oct 2017, 20:05
Post #37

Group Icon

QUOTE (ULTRA Faff @ 2 Oct 2017, 21:46) *
Thanks Hanfield, well I probably shouldn't say this (as not an official patch) but I played 4 or 5 skirmish ai matches last night and the changes just make this mod a whole lot better. I mean ALLOT better. Gameplay just felt smoother and more balanced. The factions overall were more enjoyable to play with all the tweaks/changes you guys have put in.

I'm still getting pink squares around builders, the odd unit here or there turning invisible and such but I guess that's part of the testing build still.

I'm going to be brutally honest, in my eyes there are just too many units and even possibly features that I never use, I wonder if I'm alone on this sometimes! I'll wait and see what you guys come up with next and you seem to be ironing allot of these out anyway wink.gif
I look at Shockwave and can see it's direction from the beginning...and sometimes I wonder if RTR has lost it's direction a little! (apologies if I'm wrong as I'm sure the team has it's plans!)

Great job, look forward to more updates.

Thank you for your feedback!
Glad to hear someone else enjoying it! Thats why we're working on this, its a fruit of love we have to the game and the great community.Your pink squares and invisible assets is because of your corrupted install or something must have went wrong.

You installed Zero hour 1.04, then ROTR 1.85 then ROTR 1.86 and then the 1.87 Public beta right? Then swapped the LG file with the ROTR INTRL INI file?
From what you describe it sounds like you missed a step there.

Now what fetures or units do you rarely use? Because you play in skirmish, there's always a "META" (Best way/most effective) way to play a faction. This is both true in PVP and PVE even if the units, general powers and abilities are different there's always a path to go.So I cant promise whats usefull in pvp can be good in skirmishes or visa versa.

Still tell me what you arent using much or why, maybe theres something that can be done.That being said a few new refinements to the AI and possibly bug fixes (AI utilizing acoytles and new buggies) might get included.

We have tons of things planned, but I hope we dont bite more then we can chew!

--------------------

+Quote Post
rey
post 2 Oct 2017, 22:00
Post #38

Group Icon

QUOTE (Mizo @ 2 Oct 2017, 20:40) *
I had an idea discussed before in tester chats and LG ones, regarding the Mauraders leaving a husk after getting killed, that have the ability to ''recover'' the tank again after paying a price. This effectively turns it into some Zombie-tank of some sort, forcing the enemy to kill the husk as well in order to get rid of the unit completely. Though some technical issues doesnt make implementing it easy biggrin.gif
i like this idea! but what technical issue can be there? it's simply a husk, like russian one, that stays in place for say 30 seconds having 0,5 health of Marauder and full or percent price to revive. Zombie Tank really could suit to Marauder theme.

This post has been edited by rey: 2 Oct 2017, 22:01

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 3 Oct 2017, 6:43
Post #39

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Member No.: 10248
pls join my games im lonely =c

QUOTE (rey @ 2 Oct 2017, 23:00) *
i like this idea! but what technical issue can be there? it's simply a husk, like russian one, that stays in place for say 30 seconds having 0,5 health of Marauder and full or percent price to revive. Zombie Tank really could suit to Marauder theme.

The main issue is pathfinding mainly. If you have a formation with a marauder in it and it dies then not only will your units just slow down and not be able to get around it without baby sitting (allready a pain) but they wont be able to move either and will just stop. The same thin happens when you add a deployed termite drone to a formation.

Personally i too adore this idea and this + the current marauder buffs would be an incredible way to make the GLA armour really feel special in a way that i havent seen before thats also super fitting to their lore and themes.

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!
Join our Discord Server for a great community and plenty of games and memes!
Also, check out our ROTR - Fan group on Facebook.

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 3 Oct 2017, 19:45
Post #40

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

I think it would be the same with Russian vehicles being snipe-killed by aircraft, i.e. not THAT bothersome. Alternatively compare them to exploded anthrax-loaded Bomb Trucks in how the pathfinding things would behave.
In other words, I think it's worthwhile.

+Quote Post
rey
post 3 Oct 2017, 19:47
Post #41

Group Icon

QUOTE ({Lads}RikerZZZ @ 3 Oct 2017, 7:43) *
The main issue is pathfinding mainly. If you have a formation with a marauder in it and it dies then not only will your units just slow down and not be able to get around it without baby sitting (allready a pain) but they wont be able to move either and will just stop. The same thin happens when you add a deployed termite drone to a formation.
what if make leftover-junk be real small physically? like model-pile is normal size, but object-pile is very small(to have a way to kill/prevent resurrect) -wouldn't that allow other units to pass by?.
btw, maybe it's just me, but most often i have to use marauders(meant to oppose strong enemy armor), i have only marauders in formation so don't see it as a huge deal.

This post has been edited by rey: 3 Oct 2017, 19:49

+Quote Post
ULTRA Faff
post 4 Oct 2017, 20:02
Post #42

Shockwave & ROTR Fan
Group Icon

DavidNeump

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 2 Oct 2017, 20:05) *
Thank you for your feedback!
Glad to hear someone else enjoying it! Thats why we're working on this, its a fruit of love we have to the game and the great community.Your pink squares and invisible assets is because of your corrupted install or something must have went wrong.

You installed Zero hour 1.04, then ROTR 1.85 then ROTR 1.86 and then the 1.87 Public beta right? Then swapped the LG file with the ROTR INTRL INI file?
From what you describe it sounds like you missed a step there.

Now what fetures or units do you rarely use? Because you play in skirmish, there's always a "META" (Best way/most effective) way to play a faction. This is both true in PVP and PVE even if the units, general powers and abilities are different there's always a path to go.So I cant promise whats usefull in pvp can be good in skirmishes or visa versa.

Still tell me what you arent using much or why, maybe theres something that can be done.That being said a few new refinements to the AI and possibly bug fixes (AI utilizing acoytles and new buggies) might get included.

We have tons of things planned, but I hope we dont bite more then we can chew!

Yep that sorted it - thanks. Missed ROTR 1.86 install somehow...even though I've played this mod forever wow! I recon my sneaky windows defender removed it on the sly!

China:

One unit that I find an odd one is China's Anti-tank and Anti-Disruptor Teams. I deliberately don't use for two reasons, 1) they are generally very slow and clunky (slow for balancing perhaps I got that) but I feel they take an age to get anywhere effectively. I never can get them to work well offensively/defensively. If I remember correctly you can't put them into anything.
2) their animations (although neat as a threesome) looks and feels slightly clunky and awkward? Reminds me of GLA's old portable pushed cannon that never quite worked in SW. I find the way the three units 'stretch' apart as a team as they move confusing when using them among other soldiers primarily as you must click the leader. I visually cant pick out the foot soldiers from tank teams when their moving (ie moving apart from each other) in a larger group.

The second is the Troop Crawler pulling out empty onto the battlefield. I've always had an issue with this one. I can see why you wouldn't want to spam these out BUT surely they could be some adjustments, longer build time / less troops perhaps. I mean they're just foot soldiers anyhoo. You see units like the black hawk filled with units on first production for example, never seems unbalanced to me? I'd rather build several heavy tanks with bunkers and fill those instead..even though they're slower! |The crawler just seems like a big weak tin can. Perhaps if it had some form of defence I personally would use it more.

I can't stand the EMC effects on the units, the green glowing stars effect is just too much when it starts overlaping itself with the red propaganda effects! Another unit I find I hardly use and have seen destroyed countless times, even when protected by other units.

No offense to guys n girls who like these units, I'm just saying from a mainly SP POV.

--------------------

+Quote Post
EuroStep
post 5 Oct 2017, 11:35
Post #43

Group Icon

Member No.: 11673

I would just like to ask if there's a way to remove // modify this thing with aircraft falling out of the sky when there's no place to land and it is out of missiles? Spamming waypoints to preserve a jet that's supposedly out of gas is quite ridiculous when you think about it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 5 Oct 2017, 14:38
Post #44

Group Icon

QUOTE (EuroStep @ 5 Oct 2017, 13:35) *
I would just like to ask if there's a way to remove // modify this thing with aircraft falling out of the sky when there's no place to land and it is out of missiles? Spamming waypoints to preserve a jet that's supposedly out of gas is quite ridiculous when you think about it.

This is possible, It was even in the old Zero Hour code for an unused upgrade.However I dont think adding it to a PVP version would be a great idea.If you want I can ask around for a small personnel version for only bot bashing to add this into the patch.

But It would miss match in multiplayer and the same rules would apply to the AI, so it would be a side addon but not something added to the main versions thats released/upcoming.

This post has been edited by (USA)Bruce: 5 Oct 2017, 14:39

--------------------

+Quote Post
123nick
post 6 Nov 2017, 8:20
Post #45

Group Icon

Member No.: 16268

download has expired? i click on it, says u need premium account. also, what is it with using wierd file hosting services? why not something standard, like dropbox or google drive?

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 6 Nov 2017, 16:30
Post #46

Group Icon

QUOTE (123nick @ 6 Nov 2017, 10:20) *
download has expired? i click on it, says u need premium account. also, what is it with using wierd file hosting services? why not something standard, like dropbox or google drive?

I have uploaded a new mirror, thank you for mentioning it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gam3Error
post 8 Dec 2017, 22:36
Post #47

Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 15911

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 6 Nov 2017, 16:30) *
I have uploaded a new mirror, thank you for mentioning it.

The file no longer exists at that mirror.

Can you upload a new mirror please?

Maybe you can use this to upload files to?

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 8 Dec 2017, 22:55
Post #48

Group Icon

QUOTE (Gam3Error @ 9 Dec 2017, 0:36) *
The file no longer exists at that mirror.

Can you upload a new mirror please?

Maybe you can use this to upload files to?

I've added a new mediafile link,
Golly the last mirros I had came with a download quota! Cant belive its so popular smile.gif

Once we finalize the test versions of LG3 I'll be also sharing a possible changelog for community feedback

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gam3Error
post 9 Dec 2017, 12:21
Post #49

Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 15911

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 8 Dec 2017, 22:55) *
I've added a new mediafile link,
Golly the last mirros I had came with a download quota! Cant belive its so popular smile.gif

Once we finalize the test versions of LG3 I'll be also sharing a possible changelog for community feedback

Awesome, thanks!

+Quote Post
clarissemcclella...
post 25 Dec 2017, 20:10
Post #50

Group Icon

Member No.: 16207

Hi everyone,

is there an old version of this patch availliable or does this version work vor 1.86 too?
I like a lot of your changes, but am not too big of a fan of version 1.87 of rotr.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 23:34