Reply to this topicStart new topic
A Question for MARS
Adoge
post 24 Apr 2015, 9:18
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11052

In relation to Israel, what has happened to its military.

Because Serialkillerhwhale and I were discussing what sort of playstyle an IDF force would have.

There were several suggestions, one was a pre-emptive strike faction who struck early and punished their enemies. Another was a faction heavily focused on digging in but also punishing their enemies with units who are focused on survivability. Designs revolved around 'modernised' (to 2040 levels) weapons many of which were drawn from today, like the Merkava 6 and the m1092. There were even suggestions because of the brutality with which the GLA dispatched Tel Aviv, that Israel is willing to use cluster munitions, white phosphorus and low yield tactical nuclear devices.

Anyway my question is:
Do you have any particular idea about the ROTR verse IDF and if so what are your ideas? and if not does these sort of ideas sound alright in the ROTR-verse?

Note: I am aware that Cluster Munitions and Nukes are already used by the ECA and China respectively.

--------------------
A place where I posted my idea about a possible take on the Post-Red Alert 2 Command and Conquer universe: Reimagining Post Red Alert 2

If you wish to share your faction and RTS game ideas and provide constructive criticism on others', come and join us in this thread: Faction, World and RTS Game ideas

My Ideas: (Criticism appreciated)

Directorate vs Remnant, Backstory Part 1, Backstory Part 2, Characters and groups of the Directorate and Remnant

Basilisk vs Echelon, Unit and General List

Cataclysm: Embers of Hope (an RTS) (This where I will post most of my idea for Cataclysm.)

Global Chaos (Working Title)

My current Fourth General(s):
USA: H.Y.D.R.A, General Schwarzkopf (under development)

GLA: Colonel Abis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 24 Apr 2015, 9:41
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

I'm pretty sure they would be ECA/GLA combination on steroids. Super-defensive isolation, heavy focus on infantry, stealth tactics, heavy-hitting weapons and chemical nastiness. The chemical attack on Tel Aviv pushed them over the edge and I wouldn't be surprised if they liberally lobbed some nerve gas into the West Bank now and then.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 24 Apr 2015, 9:52
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE (Svea Rike @ 24 Apr 2015, 18:41) *
I'm pretty sure they would be ECA/GLA combination on steroids. Super-defensive isolation, heavy focus on infantry, stealth tactics, heavy-hitting weapons and chemical nastiness. The chemical attack on Tel Aviv pushed them over the edge and I wouldn't be surprised if they liberally lobbed some nerve gas into the West Bank now and then.

I think they'd be more of a USA/ECA force on steroid with nukes, nerve gas and White phosphorus honestly.

I see what you're getting at but throughout Israel's history, its focus has been on the survival of every soldier in its military, every loss is a hard hit for Israel. As such, elite powerful and super-defensive seems more appropriate. With the ability to access a late game Air Force. The cheapness and weakness of the GLA and their guerrilla tactics is probably not best for an isolationist nation who relies on every man, woman and child.
Then again, my ideas tend to be bad anyway.

--------------------
A place where I posted my idea about a possible take on the Post-Red Alert 2 Command and Conquer universe: Reimagining Post Red Alert 2

If you wish to share your faction and RTS game ideas and provide constructive criticism on others', come and join us in this thread: Faction, World and RTS Game ideas

Directorate vs Remnant, Backstory Part 1, Backstory Part 2, Characters and groups of the Directorate and Remnant

Cataclysm: Embers of Hope (an RTS) (This where I will post most of my idea for Cataclysm.)

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 24 Apr 2015, 10:06
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

I said the infantry focus of the GLA, not their weaknesses
They have advanced weapons of course, from the ECA side.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 24 Apr 2015, 10:17
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (Svea Rike @ 24 Apr 2015, 19:06) *
I said the infantry focus of the GLA, not their weaknesses
They have advanced weapons of course, from the ECA side.

Yeh man
Sorry if that appeared to be confrontational

Although you did also mention stealth tactics which was more what I was referring to

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 24 Apr 2015, 12:59
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

If I were to imagine Israel as a faction, based on what's established, I would think of them as a mix of ECA and USA themes. They would have powerful, permanent looking concrete fortifications and expensive hard-hitting units with great survivability, but even worse ground mobility than the ECA (Merkavas and the like are very heavy), which they would compensate by hauling these units to the front with powerful air transports, possibly even imported/modified Ospreys and Starlifters. Whereas the ECA favours artillery, the IDF would be more American inspired in that it would use air units to deliver damage at long distances, including fixed wing aircraft and terrifying gunship versions of Ospreys and Starlifters which would basically be flying tanks, designed to flat-out overkill enemies in deliberately spectacular, terror-inducing ways. Also borrowing from the US, they would have a bit more options in the stealth department (Sayeret commandos), allowing them to engage in a bit more trickery as well compared to the relatively unsubtle ECA. As far as theme weapons go, they probably wouldn't use gas (if only for the sake of not diluting ECA and GLA themes) but they would use White Phosphorus, which would function as a kind of mix between Napalm (firestorm damage) and toxin in that it leaves some poisonous smoke that could still harm infantry even after the fire has burned off. Nuclear weapons would also be available, either as their superweapon, as a rank 5 General Power or as a special late game mechanic, where you could switch your entire army into a temporary 'emergency' mode which removes all safeties and RoEs in favour of total destructive power for a certain period of time. Your units would go into a kind of last stand mode, sacrificing their mobility for firepower and rapid repairs and some of them would begin hauling nuclear ordnances at the opponent.

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 24 Apr 2015, 13:07
Post #7

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

QUOTE (Svea Rike @ 24 Apr 2015, 11:41) *

No, the ECA GLA mixture would actually be how the SAP is designated, as for Isreal Mars'es explanation is pretty solid.Imported transports, whites phosphorus and possibly even cluster bombs.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 24 Apr 2015, 13:38
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE (MARS @ 24 Apr 2015, 21:59) *
If I were to imagine Israel as a faction, based on what's established, I would think of them as a mix of ECA and USA themes. They would have powerful, permanent looking concrete fortifications and expensive hard-hitting units with great survivability, but even worse ground mobility than the ECA (Merkavas and the like are very heavy), which they would compensate by hauling these units to the front with powerful air transports, possibly even imported/modified Ospreys and Starlifters. Whereas the ECA favours artillery, the IDF would be more American inspired in that it would use air units to deliver damage at long distances, including fixed wing aircraft and terrifying gunship versions of Ospreys and Starlifters which would basically be flying tanks, designed to flat-out overkill enemies in deliberately spectacular, terror-inducing ways. Also borrowing from the US, they would have a bit more options in the stealth department (Sayeret commandos), allowing them to engage in a bit more trickery as well compared to the relatively unsubtle ECA. As far as theme weapons go, they probably wouldn't use gas (if only for the sake of not diluting ECA and GLA themes) but they would use White Phosphorus, which would function as a kind of mix between Napalm (firestorm damage) and toxin in that it leaves some poisonous smoke that could still harm infantry even after the fire has burned off. Nuclear weapons would also be available, either as their superweapon, as a rank 5 General Power or as a special late game mechanic, where you could switch your entire army into a temporary 'emergency' mode which removes all safeties and RoEs in favour of total destructive power for a certain period of time. Your units would go into a kind of last stand mode, sacrificing their mobility for firepower and rapid repairs and some of them would begin hauling nuclear ordnances at the opponent.

Thanks man, you added a lot to my general ideas and I think we were pretty much on the same page.
The emergency all out throw every single-fucking-war crime at them sounds good. I was thinking of unlocking a tomahawk like unit, except it launches a low-yield tactical nuclear missile, basically a defence-buster. You could have a strategy-centre like massive fortress that acts as the IDF's Strategy centre (you don't say). Every five minutes, Emergency mode can be activated, in which it lasts for a minute. The Fortress It would present an upgrade called Total War, which would essentially revolve around the Cabinet authorising the deployment of everything in the IDF's arsenal. This would unlock the Jericho Nuclear Launch Vehicle as well as other orders such as a carpet bombing.

Unit wise there will be stuff like the IDF's Merkava 6 and M109A2
The Starlifter with a hebrew name and more upgrades
An F-16 style plane, maybe just modified
Along with the Jericho

I'm just gonna list the an points here so i can start tomorrow:

- Expensive and durable, hard-hitting units
- Concrete fortifications
- Lacks mobility
- Strong, long range air force
- Starlifter version, has multiple weapons on it
- Gunships and Jets
- Sayaret Commandos engage in stealth and sneaky operations
- Merkava 6 and M109A2
- White Phosphorus- initial fire kills infantry, smoke poisonous
- Cyclops Laser Turret
- "Emergency Mode"- All units lose all mobility but gain massive firepower boosts and authorisation to deploy nuclear ordinance
- Jericho Nuclear Launch Vehicle (Heavily armoured, like Tomahawk but with Nuclear Missile)

I'll start on the unit list this weekend some time and would appreciate any input.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 24 Apr 2015, 13:43
Post #9

Group Icon

Also I'm willing to work with anyone who wants to make a MEC faction... Given the IDF and MEC would make interesting neighbours in the new Middle Eastern Order.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23 April 2024 - 18:26