Closed TopicStart new topic
time to break out the spoon lol, uhh look what i found
wardog
post 7 Oct 2009, 4:36
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 343

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-end-of-days/...nshot1#imagebox looks a-lot like rotr models i realy dont know its soo close just look at the images even the same name on some of them i swear it wwas like i was looking at rotr

This post has been edited by wardog: 7 Oct 2009, 4:43

--------------------
-Wardog-

And every day i am one step closer to home and everyday i find a reason to carry on

one of the Four Wings of Sand Island Wardog Squadron

In soviet Russia game mod you!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eddnamed
post 7 Oct 2009, 5:28
Post #2

Yeah, I'm not nicknamed. I'm Eddnamed
Group Icon

Member No.: 264

QUOTE (wardog @ 6 Oct 2009, 20:36) *
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-end-of-days/...nshot1#imagebox looks a-lot like rotr models i realy dont know its soo close just look at the images even the same name on some of them i swear it wwas like i was looking at rotr

I support you man, even the brown base color is the same. And the tanks at the north east corner look like modified inferno cannons.

This post has been edited by EddJimyDD: 7 Oct 2009, 5:29

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jester
post 7 Oct 2009, 5:44
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 80
Forum Mechanic

I dont think so alexi is a good guy and if he wanted to use ROTR models he would definately ask first i feel sorry for him sometimes because ppl give him alot of flak about his mod back at FS alot of ppl started to tear into him AFAIK he and his team make there own models and have built quite an interesting and detailed mod to say the least.

This post has been edited by Jester: 7 Oct 2009, 5:45

+Quote Post
wardog
post 7 Oct 2009, 5:50
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 343

Attached File  66137.jpg ( 106.09K ) Number of downloads: 32

Attached File  Russia_Armor.jpg ( 31.44K ) Number of downloads: 33

--------------------
-Wardog-

And every day i am one step closer to home and everyday i find a reason to carry on

one of the Four Wings of Sand Island Wardog Squadron

In soviet Russia game mod you!

+Quote Post
Jester
post 7 Oct 2009, 5:59
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 80
Forum Mechanic

Models are different in smaller ways if you look at the missle tubes on the ROTR Grumble you notice the metal does not come around the tubes unlike the one in the TEOD mod.

+Quote Post
NergiZed
post 7 Oct 2009, 6:38
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 96
Projects: SWR Productions

They aren't RotR models. I've been tracking the End of Days for long time on Fallout Studios, and I can safely say that they're all original models from Alexi. I think you should've done some research before you posted this, but ultimately, no harm done.

here is the mod's media section on Fallout Studios. I suggest you go take a look at it, especially this opne.

This post has been edited by NergiZed: 7 Oct 2009, 6:40

--------------------

+Quote Post
Raven
post 7 Oct 2009, 6:47
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 155

Its got good particle effects and this is one mod which has visual quality on par or sometimes better than SWR stuff. I love the camo look on the SU-37 Terminator smile.gif. However most of the units are similar to ones in the original ROTR. But i think the models and everything is original just the units. Its a pretty good mod.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eddnamed
post 7 Oct 2009, 6:59
Post #8

Yeah, I'm not nicknamed. I'm Eddnamed
Group Icon

Member No.: 264

So there would be a posibiity that they and you (ROTR dev team) think equal?? (hehe, joke) biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 7 Oct 2009, 7:54
Post #9

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 97

Dude, not to be a prick, but try to research and think a bit more before posting this stuff. The list of units TEoD has is based on real life ones, wich 'surprisingly' some are also in RotR. Tanguska or Grumble for example are also in real life. How would you expect someone to model a tanguska if not like ... well a tanguska. Same for the grumble and any other unit that is based on it's RL equivalent. Jess ... no one is copying anyone, and i for one sure as hell hope you guys can just stop it with this childish pointing fingers before even doing the most elementary reseach. Alot of models in cnc generals mods have equivalents in either RL or other cnc games ( so if someone does a mammoth tank design in a mod, is not copying shockwave, it's basicly copying cnc3 just to make it more clear ).
So yeah, some models looks alot like each other, but guess what ... it's because the RL vehicle they are based on it's the same.

+Quote Post
Alias
post 7 Oct 2009, 8:06
Post #10

Cool Guy
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 46

Fun fact: The End of Days has been hosted on Fallout since before SWR split from them.
Ergo, SWR had administration powers over his forum, hence this entire thread is based on a pile of nothing.

/thread

--------------------

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 7 Oct 2009, 9:47
Post #11

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

QUOTE (Alias @ 7 Oct 2009, 6:06) *
Fun fact: The End of Days has been hosted on Fallout since before SWR split from them.
Ergo, SWR had administration powers over his forum, hence this entire thread is based on a pile of nothing.

/thread

This sumes it up nicely and also shows there is no futher point in disscusing this thread.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29 March 2024 - 10:49