Pickysaurus
post 31 May 2010, 12:56
Post #2

Officer of the European Continental Army
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 71
Community Manager at Nexus Mods

I struggle with your handwriting, but from what I can tell it seems ok.
Personally it's a bit wordy and has a lot of things that are kinda unrelated to generals.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Massey
post 1 Jun 2010, 3:13
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 127

awww that made me sad. but atless ur up front with me.

ill guess ill redo China plan. if u think its not generals eough.
got any helpful hints....?

--------------------
This is so on the ball----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m4SCUaBHS8

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 1 Jun 2010, 12:57
Post #4

Officer of the European Continental Army
Group Icon

Member No.: 71
Community Manager at Nexus Mods

Hey I'm not saying I know what's right. But it just seems to be really word and mention a lot of things that wouldn't be reflected in Chinese gameplay.

Maybe focus a bit more on hoards outnumbering enemies and propaganda? The parts about the nuclear arsenal are pretty good.

--------------------

+Quote Post
andydam
post 4 Jun 2010, 0:25
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 675

It would have been much better if you typed it. :\

+Quote Post
Genmotty
post 5 Jun 2010, 15:55
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 523

Yeah, some of the chinese text didn't really appear to gell well at all. However I like the idea of chinese text.

China is about 4 things in my mind; numbers, fire, nuclear weapons and numbers. Yes I mention numbers twice. The best way to 'theme' the factions in my mind is to consentrate directly on what you associate with the faction. China is very WW1 esque, they throw loads of troops at the problem until they suceed. Russia is very 'steamrollerish', slow to get going but will eventually crush you. USA airforce and tech...Etc. etc. You get the jist, I wouldn't suggest that you didn't.

For the most part the starting section just appears to be too 'off the wall' I mean 'unitedness' isn't really a Chinese principle is it? If anything that is a theme that the ECA should use because Europe is a Union of countries in the game sense, China is the Jade Tiger and acts alone, strong, but brittle and inflexable.

A better plan might be to emphasise the replacement of battle field losses in the chinese arsenel, and try to employ some of the Cheesy facist-like propaganda that the 1st Starship Troopers film tried to employ. In that sense it not only fleshes the background out, but also indirectly gives the viewer an impression of Chinese use of propaganda.

"Replacing losses? Training!" <---English text/voice over + chinese text vertically scrolling onto screen

*Rolls on massive war games with Chinese Battlemasters shooting indestrucatble scrap civillian cars*
---Jump Cut---
*Infantry waves running across a field being bombarded with artillary---> stabs some civillain model unit made to look like a strawman target*
---Jump Cut---
*Massive mig bombing run against a half ruined town spreading firestorm every where*

"Innovation!"

*Rolls on the upgraded units section as you have*

"...and the ultermate wrath of China"

*Nuclear weapons, being used, small scale to large scale over 10 seconds or so in rapid succession like how the other Generals movies create a climactic ending.*

*Roll on end screen*

[hr]

Cheesy lines like 'I do it for China' are well....Cheesy...They aren't inspiring really, nor does china really give off any form of comic relief in the game, hence while you want phases that a corny in the sense of "Would you like to know more...", we don't want the "I'm doing my bit, he's doing his, *childs voice* and I'm doing mine! *canned laughter* You can do your bit too."

That make sense?

[hr]

On the ECA side. Europe and the UK are not all 'toffs' and 'aristocrats', and if anything European milltary thinking is far more about flexible and mobile arms that things like "I will fight to the death" are rather out of character. You would expect that kind of phraseilogy from the Russians if you do them.

The ECA would be a lot more about doing ones DUTY, protecting FREEDOM and FIGHTING the battles that can be won. Not the last stands.

"Our collaborative efforts uphold the values of the European Union of combined arms...(belguim accent-buerocratic"
"Quick insertion, disruption, sabotage. That's the way we'll crack 'em...(posh english accent-beyond the call of duty)"
"We make a stand here! for our liberty and freedoms!...(Dutch accent)"
"A war is not just won with strenght of arms, the trains must run on time, and the logistics moved efficently...(German accent)"

I think, for the ECA just loads of quotes like this would really represent the union of arms in the ECA, particularly if they come from multiple backgrounds.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 9:21