The General
post 23 May 2014, 10:08
Post #1

Head of the Federal Council of Byzantine
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9974

cool.gif

Is anyone playing War Thunder? It's based on the second world war, and it will have airplanes, tanks and warplanes all controlled by human players on one map.
First it was only airplanes vs airplanes, and a few days ago they included tanks. Currently it's not possible to play as a tank and an airplane at the same map, but the gound forces are still being tested.

I am playing this game for about a year now, and i find it very interasting.

EDIT:

If you want to give it a try please use this link. That way we both get some golden eagles ( a special currency which allows you to get special planes/tanks ). Otherwise neiter you nor me will get any bonuses.

This post has been edited by The General: 23 May 2014, 14:21

--------------------
"Nations whose nationalism is destroyed are subject to ruin."
Colonel Muhammar Gaddafi (RIP).
"You will not mind, gentlemen, that i am firstly a Russian and my closest interests are those of Russia, but I can assure you that interests of Serbia and those of the Serbian people are immediately after them."
Nicholas II of Russia.
"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune."
Noam Chomsky.

Operation "Removal" fanfiction - last edited 01.07.2015.( episode #4 part 2 added-fanfiction complete )

Russia: The Evil Empire.
Do not watch RT !
Noam Chomsky on the Genocide in Kosovo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Knossos
post 23 May 2014, 11:03
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 9942

This looks interesting; I could see this trying to counter the "World of-" franchise. The big problemo though is the SEEMINGLY high minimum system requirements. I'm going to test this on an old 2008 rig to see if it supports old computers.

--------------------
"The biggest problem of humanity is that it sees the failures first before the successes."

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 23 May 2014, 11:13
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

Nope. Been playing WoT for several years and.I'm not going to abandon that franchise and start over in a clear ripoff game.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Karpet
post 23 May 2014, 13:03
Post #4

Comrade Bear
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 9722
Projects: Deep Impact

I absolutely love War Thunder. It's pretty damn fun. My favorite feeling is when I charge an enemy head on, shoot them down, get the kill, and escape with minor wounds.
The main factions for me are Russia and the Brits. There's this one Russian plane with a machine gun and a cannon, there's the Ishak I have with rockets and a really fast firing gun, I adore those. I like the British spitfires too, and the bombers.
Fun Experiences - once crash landed and had to wait 2:00 amidst chaos for a repair, first game played I was #1 on my team, caused a guy to lose all his planes after his ill attempts to shoot down my bomber (my rear gunner got him)

--------------------
Your feeling of helplessness is your best friend, savage.

+Quote Post
Pepo
post 23 May 2014, 13:42
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 9862

Russian bias aw.gif
I had played it, and althougth i do like it, the time to unlock new planes in 1.37 kill all my interest.i have try it to pick it again,but i have been unable to do it.plus the balance system and that most of the new updates introduce moar soviet planes but not japanes or brits,i find it annoying

+Quote Post
The General
post 23 May 2014, 14:17
Post #6

Group Icon

I also mostly play with USSR ( Ilysin for the win biggrin.gif ), also i simetimes play with Germany when i want to bomb stuff (32x 50kg bombs ).

--------------------
"You will not mind, gentlemen, that i am firstly a Russian and my closest interests are those of Russia, but I can assure you that interests of Serbia and those of the Serbian people are immediately after them."
Nicholas II of Russia.
"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune."
Noam Chomsky.

Operation "Removal" fanfiction - last edited 01.07.2015.( episode #4 part 2 added-fanfiction complete )

Do not watch RT !

+Quote Post
Knossos
post 24 May 2014, 1:06
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 9942

QUOTE (Svea Rike @ 23 May 2014, 18:13) *
Nope. Been playing WoT for several years and.I'm not going to abandon that franchise and start over in a clear ripoff game.

I played WoT once too, but then our server began to be filled with trolls and people who charge alone with their Cunninghams, so I had to quit the game for a while.

--------------------
"The biggest problem of humanity is that it sees the failures first before the successes."

+Quote Post
Darky
post 24 May 2014, 11:57
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 9643

QUOTE (Svea Rike @ 23 May 2014, 11:13) *

WoT's ass, War Thunder is better.

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 24 May 2014, 12:21
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE (DarkyPwnz @ 24 May 2014, 12:57) *
WoT's ass, War Thunder is better.

World of Tanks has been out there longer. It has a bigger fanbase and a much more easier learning curve for those that want to drive WWII tanks without overly complicated controls.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Karpet
post 24 May 2014, 13:30
Post #10

Comrade Bear
Group Icon

War Thunder isn't overly complicated. You've got basic movement controls, a rocket firing button (ctrl), a bomb dropping button (space), a switch to other gunner button (for bombers or planes with rear or side gunners or something), and a landing gear button (which, unless you want to land in for repairs, is not needed). These are the most useful controls for me. Hell, I don't even know how to look behind me and I still am pretty good. While sometimes War Thunder may be empty, most times it is not (except for the realistic and historical game modes, it can take a few minutes to play those). Although I never played World of Tanks, so....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 24 May 2014, 13:44
Post #11

Group Icon

I don't care. I'm not going to abandon my progress in WoT for another game. Just to prove how much I like the game I've changed my avatar and signature to reflect it.

This post has been edited by Svea Rike: 24 May 2014, 13:49

--------------------

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 24 May 2014, 13:57
Post #12

That person
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

...this is a little ridiculous. It's a tank game. How hard is it to make a Tank TPS game?

Even World of Tanks wasn't the first ones to make one. Look at Battlefield, C&C Renegade, Call of Duty, Crysis, or really any other shooter game with tanks. WoT may have been the first one to use tanks only, but certainly not the first one.

I've heard some good things about War Thunder, and it seems to be playing better than WoP in the planes department. I prefer to wait until release however.

This post has been edited by Generalcamo: 24 May 2014, 13:58

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 24 May 2014, 14:11
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE (Generalcamo @ 24 May 2014, 14:57) *
...this is a little ridiculous. It's a tank game. How hard is it to make a Tank TPS game?

Even World of Tanks wasn't the first ones to make one. Look at Battlefield, C&C Renegade, Call of Duty, Crysis, or really any other shooter game with tanks. WoT may have been the first one to use tanks only, but certainly not the first one.

I've heard some good things about War Thunder, and it seems to be playing better than WoP in the planes department. I prefer to wait until release however.

If you know game development, not so much. WoT was the first tank MMO, games like Battlefield and Crysis may have had tanks, yeah, but they weren't focused on it. A tank MMO is different than an FPS with drivable tanks in them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Karpet
post 24 May 2014, 14:22
Post #14

Comrade Bear
Group Icon

Hey, I'm not trying to get you to play it, I'm just saying, it's not complicated.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pepo
post 24 May 2014, 15:57
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 9862

QUOTE (Karpet @ 24 May 2014, 14:30) *
War Thunder isn't overly complicated....

in arcade mode. I really liked the different type of plays. In arcade you didn't need to be good, thanks to the mouse bot pointer.if you wanted more realism, you go to historical or simulator battles, which requiere a good joistick and they were is harder to learn to fly

Plus ,WT doesn't have stupid health bars

+Quote Post
Karpet
post 24 May 2014, 16:04
Post #16

Comrade Bear
Group Icon

Well yeah. I didn't really like the other mode (whatever one that you can see third person). A lot of my match was spent flying around with zero ammo. It took really long to get ammo and come back.

I currently have it uninstalled tho (it takes up lots of space and my computer only has so much space on the hard drive)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Thelord444
post 24 May 2014, 23:34
Post #17

Group Icon

Member No.: 9986

i knew WoT was shitty because of this: i got it once and after i installed it i had problems with it, couldn't play the game some error would show up in the game, contacted support, told me to tell them something (i can't remember) which i did and never replied again, i figured f*ck them and deleted the game.

--------------------
"He who heard is not like he who saw"

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 24 May 2014, 23:56
Post #18

Group Icon

Strange... I've had no problems with it, never.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The General
post 25 May 2014, 11:25
Post #19

Group Icon

In War Thunder you can choose your commands. I usualy play arcade mode, but i played a few times in hisotry mode and it was just fine. Sure it's harder, and you have only one chance, but that's the point.
I still prefered the previous system where you buy new airplanes instead of research them though.

And besides, world of tanks is just that, a world of thnks, while War Thunder is about to be world of war ( airplanes, tanks and navy ) all in one place.

--------------------
Nicholas II of Russia.
Noam Chomsky.

Do not watch RT !

+Quote Post
Karpet
post 25 May 2014, 12:01
Post #20

Comrade Bear
Group Icon

Yeah, the research is the most glaring problem because I can't figure out what it does. I just press buttons and get upgrades. I preferred knowing what I actually did.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The General
post 25 May 2014, 12:04
Post #21

Group Icon

QUOTE (Karpet @ 25 May 2014, 13:01) *
Yeah, the research is the most glaring problem because I can't figure out what it does. I just press buttons and get upgrades. I preferred knowing what I actually did.

When you play you get research points, depending on your score and how well you did. Those points are used to research stuff, but there are two types: those for new units and those for upgrades ( units which you used get research points based on your score with them ).
At least that's how i think it works.

--------------------
Nicholas II of Russia.
Noam Chomsky.

Do not watch RT !

+Quote Post
Darky
post 25 May 2014, 12:07
Post #22

Group Icon

Member No.: 9643

QUOTE (Svea Rike @ 24 May 2014, 12:21) *
World of Tanks has been out there longer. It has a bigger fanbase and a much more easier learning curve for those that want to drive WWII tanks without overly complicated controls.

Earlier doesn't mean better. Case in point: Red Alert 2 vs Red Alert 1.

All in all WT is good because it's three (currently two but navy will come around eventually) games in one and it doesn't have crappy health bars but a more accurate damage system.

+Quote Post
The General
post 25 May 2014, 12:09
Post #23

Group Icon

QUOTE (DarkyPwnz @ 25 May 2014, 13:07) *
Earlier doesn't mean better. Case in point: Red Alert 2 vs Red Alert 1.

All in all WT is good because it's three (currently two but navy will come around eventually) games in one and it doesn't have crappy health bars but a more accurate damage system.

Ow, i forgot to mention that, i simply love the damage system because it's very realistic. biggrin.gif
Thanks for reminding me comrade.

--------------------
Nicholas II of Russia.
Noam Chomsky.

Do not watch RT !

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 25 May 2014, 12:42
Post #24

Group Icon

Whatever! World of Tanks is still better times one thousand! So, HAH!

EDIT: On the topic of WoT/WT: Here's something fun:

This post has been edited by Svea Rike: 25 May 2014, 12:44

--------------------

+Quote Post
The General
post 25 May 2014, 12:47
Post #25

Group Icon

QUOTE (Svea Rike @ 25 May 2014, 13:42) *
Whatever! World of Tanks is still better times one thousand! So, HAH!

You mean scifi times one thousand? mindfuck.gif

--------------------
Nicholas II of Russia.
Noam Chomsky.

Do not watch RT !

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23 April 2024 - 9:51