Reply to this topicStart new topic
Possible Issues With New-Gen Graphics Cards
8igDaddy8lake
post 4 Dec 2016, 7:26
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10285

Has anyone else had issues with the newest line of NVidia or AMD graphics cards (I'm using an RX480) being unable to run Zero Hour? I reinstalled the game, checked the mod directories, cleared out the old data, tried different compatibility modes, and it just crashes on start-up every time (with the update DirectX prompt). I thought this problem was first just ROTR-related, but it seems to also be on vanilla Zero Hour as well. It's also weird because standard Generals works just fine.

BTW, I am using the First Decade version.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 4 Dec 2016, 9:24
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10811
Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

try rolling back to a previous driver version. theres a been a crap load of people haveign issues with games not running on the nvidia drivers released over the past 2 month

This post has been edited by Skitt: 4 Dec 2016, 9:24

--------------------

+Quote Post
8igDaddy8lake
post 4 Dec 2016, 19:26
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE (Skitt @ 4 Dec 2016, 4:24) *
try rolling back to a previous driver version. theres a been a crap load of people haveign issues with games not running on the nvidia drivers released over the past 2 month

Good idea, I'll try that and report back. Do you know which version was the last without these issues?

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 4 Dec 2016, 19:49
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10811
Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

375.63 from the 23rd of october

--------------------

+Quote Post
8igDaddy8lake
post 5 Dec 2016, 4:37
Post #5

Group Icon

Alright, I installed the old drivers, but it still doesn't seem to work. Generals runs perfectly fine, and Zero Hour fails on start-up. Oddly, Zero Hour mentions not being able to find the disk, though I don't understand why (nothing funky about my disk drive set-up to cause that).

EDIT: And uninstalled the old drivers, forgot to mention that.

EDIT EDIT: Actually, I solved my issue. Apparently my old settings file was causing issues - which is odd, since those settings worked before I put the new graphics card in. I reverted them to default, and it works great.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23 April 2024 - 22:04