Question Series
V.Metalic
post 6 May 2014, 18:10
Post #1

NProductions
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 9747

Before I will ask I am sorry if these questions has been already answered, but searching for them may take a while. Here we go.

1) Zhukov's Tor Heavy AA is replacing some unit, or is it independent? If it replaces, is it Grumble, and how does it make to compete with Grumble's devastating firepower and range, that it can protect his bases and missile silos?

2) What weapons Sokol mounts? I am sure these are missiles, most likely anti-armor, but is he going for the same style of firing as Frogfoot, bombarding the enemy target, or firing one-by-one missiles until it used all of its payload? And will these missiles have the same trail as Frogfoot's, Hind's and Hellion's, because these trails are lovely biggrin.gif

3) Will we see Havoc show up sometime before 2.0?

4) I noticed Thorn does have the Avenger and Bradley has M113 Vulcan, which I presume is Tier 0 anti-air for him. What does Griffon have as his Tier 0 AA vehicle? If anything.

5) Willem has the Gun Turret as his exclusive, what does have the other generals have as their AT defense?

6) Shenlong is replacing Overlord for Mau?

Again, sorry if I am bothering you with already answered questions smile.gif

--------------------

It is so true that its funny and sad at the same time.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DELETED MEMBER
post 6 May 2014, 18:47
Post #2

BANNED
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 48

1-probably remplacing the grumble and can fire in the move in exchange
3-probably not since the hellion seem to cover the same role
4-the avenger going by 1 of 3 rule
6-no, different vehicles and functions so both will be avariable for Mau

but take what i write with a grain of salt

--------------------

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 6 May 2014, 18:50
Post #3

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

4-Griffon will have no T1 ground AA, he will have to use Viper.
6-Only Chen will have Overlord.

This post has been edited by X1Destroy: 6 May 2014, 18:51

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
V.Metalic
post 6 May 2014, 18:57
Post #4

NProductions
Group Icon

QUOTE (Alguien @ 6 May 2014, 19:47) *
1-probably remplacing the grumble and can fire in the move in exchange
3-probably not since the hellion seem to cover the same role
4-the avenger going by 1 of 3 rule
6-no, different vehicles and functions so both will be avariable for Mau

but take what i write with a grain of salt

4) I havent asked about Avenger.

QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 6 May 2014, 19:50) *
4-Griffon will have no T1 ground AA, he will have to use Viper.
6-Only Chen will have Overlord.

6) Oh yeah, I totally forgot biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DELETED MEMBER
post 6 May 2014, 19:11
Post #5

BANNED
Group Icon

Member No.: 48

QUOTE (V.Metalic @ 6 May 2014, 19:57) *
4) I havent asked about Avenger.

the old 1 of 3 means 1 general gets a exclusive unit and the others two get the default, but seems US low tier anti air is a exception, hence why i assume he just get the avenger

--------------------

+Quote Post
V.Metalic
post 6 May 2014, 19:41
Post #6

NProductions
Group Icon

QUOTE (Alguien @ 6 May 2014, 20:11) *
the old 1 of 3 means 1 general gets a exclusive unit and the others two get the default, but seems US low tier anti air is a exception, hence why i assume he just get the avenger

The same happens with Havoc, and it isnt listed in either Aleksandr's or Zhukov's lists. Only what is written on wiki means its exclusive, either replacement or unique.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 6 May 2014, 19:44
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

QUOTE (V.Metalic @ 6 May 2014, 19:10) *
1) Zhukov's Tor Heavy AA is replacing some unit, or is it independent? If it replaces, is it Grumble, and how does it make to compete with Grumble's devastating firepower and range, that it can protect his bases and missile silos?
2) What weapons Sokol mounts? I am sure these are missiles, most likely anti-armor, but is he going for the same style of firing as Frogfoot, bombarding the enemy target, or firing one-by-one missiles until it used all of its payload? And will these missiles have the same trail as Frogfoot's, Hind's and Hellion's, because these trails are lovely biggrin.gif
3) Will we see Havoc show up sometime before 2.0?
4) I noticed Thorn does have the Avenger and Bradley has M113 Vulcan, which I presume is Tier 0 anti-air for him. What does Griffon have as his Tier 0 AA vehicle? If anything.
5) Willem has the Gun Turret as his exclusive, what does have the other generals have as their AT defense?
6) Shenlong is replacing Overlord for Mau?

1) As it stands right now, the Tor will be his unique replacement for the Grumble. Presumably, it'll have slightly less range, but be able to engage targets without deploying, possibly on the move even. Maybe also a special firemode to engage ballistic missiles.
2) The trails are indeed similar to those found on the Hellion. Right now, a Sokol carries three units of ammo, each of which consists of two missiles that are fired in quick succession. They are mainly effective against vehicles and tanks.
3) No, because it's literally just a functional combination of certain aspects of the Hellion and the Hind. There is neither any reason nor justification to add it at any point prior to 2.0
4) At this time, he's planned to have a unique T0 anti-air vehicle of his own, like the other two.
5) I cannot possibly disclose what they have aside from the fact that they both have their own equivalents.
6) It's not replacing the Overlord for Mau since the Overlord isn't a common China-unit to begin with. Overlords are exclusive to Chen, Shenlongs are exclusives to Mau.

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 6 May 2014, 20:06
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

Each US General will have different basic AA vehicle ? Isn't there a 'rule' that only one general can have different basic vehicle ?

+Quote Post
MARS
post 6 May 2014, 20:46
Post #9

Group Icon

Whether a certain niche is subject to the '1 out of 3' rule may still differ from faction to faction.

+Quote Post
V.Metalic
post 6 May 2014, 21:02
Post #10

NProductions
Group Icon

QUOTE (MARS @ 6 May 2014, 20:44) *
1) As it stands right now, the Tor will be his unique replacement for the Grumble. Presumably, it'll have slightly less range, but be able to engage targets without deploying, possibly on the move even. Maybe also a special firemode to engage ballistic missiles.
2) The trails are indeed similar to those found on the Hellion. Right now, a Sokol carries three units of ammo, each of which consists of two missiles that are fired in quick succession. They are mainly effective against vehicles and tanks.
3) No, because it's literally just a functional combination of certain aspects of the Hellion and the Hind. There is neither any reason nor justification to add it at any point prior to 2.0
4) At this time, he's planned to have a unique T0 anti-air vehicle of his own, like the other two.
5) I cannot possibly disclose what they have aside from the fact that they both have their own equivalents.
6) It's not replacing the Overlord for Mau since the Overlord isn't a common China-unit to begin with. Overlords are exclusive to Chen, Shenlongs are exclusives to Mau.

More than enough for my questions. Thank you a lot, especially for the 5) smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 6 May 2014, 21:10
Post #11

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

The plan, it's changed again........

Is it a ground vehicle or an air unit?

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 6 May 2014, 21:29
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 97

QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 6 May 2014, 23:10) *
Is it a ground vehicle or an air unit?

Why would it be an air unit if the viper already does that 0.o. Plus it's says it's a vehicle - that generally means ground.

+Quote Post
teslashark
post 7 May 2014, 1:07
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 10319

QUOTE (Anubis @ 6 May 2014, 13:29) *
Why would it be an air unit if the viper already does that 0.o. Plus it's says it's a vehicle - that generally means ground.

Stastically speaking, isn't the Viper's AA missle the same as the Chaparral's?

--------------------
And then...

+Quote Post
V.Metalic
post 7 May 2014, 9:31
Post #14

NProductions
Group Icon

QUOTE (teslashark @ 7 May 2014, 2:07) *
Stastically speaking, isn't the Viper's AA missle the same as the Chaparral's?

Actually no. Viper is armed with AIM-9 Sidewinder, while Chaparral has AIM-120E AMRAAM, which is derivate of AIM-7 Sparrow and AIM-54 Phoenix.

--------------------

+Quote Post
V.Metalic
post 8 May 2014, 23:18
Post #15

NProductions
Group Icon

Sorry for double-posting, but I have one more question.

The ECA units (mostly vehicles, havent seen it on a aircrafts) have on them the flags of the states they belong to or rather comes from. Like Anvil Bot is from Great Britain, Fenris from Norway, Mobile Sensor Array is Italy, Leopard, Gepard and Jagdmammut from Germany etc. I want to ask a little selfishly. Is there a unit, vehicle, defense or anything, that comes from Czech Republic? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mr.Kim
post 8 May 2014, 23:29
Post #16

Losing Karma to Vault Boy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 34
Some future plan mod for AoE3:Asian Dynasty or FO4

None of Czechs unit in this current version.

--------------------

Let's kick this Russian Tank's ass back to the Bronze Age!

Twitch Chart ID: Mr_kim82

Moddb ID: Mr_Kim

+Quote Post
V.Metalic
post 9 May 2014, 0:23
Post #17

NProductions
Group Icon

QUOTE (general k @ 9 May 2014, 0:29) *
None of Czechs unit in this current version.

shit.gif dry.gif angry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 9 May 2014, 6:11
Post #18

Group Icon

I wouldn't mind having a Czech unit personally, but you have to keep in mind that gameplay functionality always takes priority, meaning we'd first have to find whether the pre-2.0 ECA actually needs any new things, then determine what kinda unit could fulfil that function and then come up with ideas how to visualise that. The nationality of an ECA unit would be part of that very last step. Looking at it in retrospect, I suppose it would have been more fitting to make the Mobile Sensor Array a Czech unit seeing how the Czech Republic produces a lot of advanced sensor equipment (Kopac, Ramona, Tamara, Vera, etc.) but we generally don't change such non-vital aspects after the fact.

+Quote Post
V.Metalic
post 9 May 2014, 8:47
Post #19

NProductions
Group Icon

QUOTE (MARS @ 9 May 2014, 7:11) *
I wouldn't mind having a Czech unit personally, but you have to keep in mind that gameplay functionality always takes priority, meaning we'd first have to find whether the pre-2.0 ECA actually needs any new things, then determine what kinda unit could fulfil that function and then come up with ideas how to visualise that. The nationality of an ECA unit would be part of that very last step. Looking at it in retrospect, I suppose it would have been more fitting to make the Mobile Sensor Array a Czech unit seeing how the Czech Republic produces a lot of advanced sensor equipment (Kopac, Ramona, Tamara, Vera, etc.) but we generally don't change such non-vital aspects after the fact.

I realize that and understand that. It really surprises me that Mobile Sensor Array is Italian, when we made a radar equipment capable of finding stealth fighters! There is no one else that achieved the same before (or no one I know about). But it cant be helped, just that it makes me feel the same in which position Czech is in ECA like it is now in EU. Just the first frontline.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 9 May 2014, 9:12
Post #20

Group Icon

QUOTE (V.Metalic @ 9 May 2014, 9:47) *
I realize that and understand that. It really surprises me that Mobile Sensor Array is Italian, when we made a radar equipment capable of finding stealth fighters! There is no one else that achieved the same before (or no one I know about). But it cant be helped, just that it makes me feel the same in which position Czech is in ECA like it is now in EU. Just the first frontline.

Russians did.

+Quote Post
Graion Dilach
post 9 May 2014, 9:26
Post #21

Supérior Caliburwielder
Group Icon

Member No.: 10093
Just a random modder trying to give a helping hand.

That shotdown Nighthawk also disagrees with you.

EDIT: Oh, just reading, that's the same type of radar. Tho have to give credit to Serbs there as well, it needed modifications.

This post has been edited by Graion Dilach: 9 May 2014, 9:34

--------------------

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2 | SWR Community Discord https://discord.gg/REcbv37
ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

QUOTE (Hanfield @ 17 Dec 2016, 20:47)
we have players who don't play, testers who don't test, devs who don't dev and members who don't remember

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 9 May 2014, 9:48
Post #22

Group Icon

QUOTE (Graion Dilach @ 9 May 2014, 10:26) *
That shotdown Nighthawk also disagrees with you.

EDIT: Oh, just reading, that's the same type of radar. Tho have to give credit to Serbs there as well, it needed modifications.

It is funny thing that guy that did modifications and shot it down is your guy.Hungarian. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Re_Simeone: 9 May 2014, 11:39

+Quote Post
V.Metalic
post 9 May 2014, 11:21
Post #23

NProductions
Group Icon

QUOTE (Re_Simeone @ 9 May 2014, 10:48) *
It is funny thing that guys that did modifications and shot it down is your guy.Hungarian. biggrin.gif

It doesnt say that every P-18 can detect stealth on its own without modifications. Serbians modified their to track Nighthawk, but Tamara could do that too, and earlier than 1999. Tamara was put into service in 1987 smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 9 May 2014, 11:47
Post #24

Group Icon

QUOTE (V.Metalic @ 9 May 2014, 12:21) *
It doesnt say that every P-18 can detect stealth on its own without modifications. Serbians modified their to track Nighthawk, but Tamara could do that too, and earlier than 1999. Tamara was put into service in 1987 smile.gif

I think how that whole story about modifications was kind a exaggerated,probably because guy felt
he needed more credit to his name,or even he got money from US to tell that story,since it would
be kind a embarrassing to say how their cutting edge stealth ultra scifi jet was shot down with ancient Soviet tech.

+Quote Post
V.Metalic
post 9 May 2014, 12:12
Post #25

NProductions
Group Icon

QUOTE (Re_Simeone @ 9 May 2014, 12:47) *
I think how that whole story about modifications was kind a exaggerated,probably because guy felt
he needed more credit to his name,or even he got money from US to tell that story,since it would
be kind a embarrassing to say how their cutting edge stealth ultra scifi jet was shot down with ancient Soviet tech.

Well, than Tamara is surely put as first radar to find stealth smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26 June 2024 - 10:05