Frostyarmy
post 30 Nov 2010, 12:51
Post #26

League is Life
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 153

QUOTE (Anubis @ 30 Nov 2010, 4:38) *
For the last frekin time, i'm not talking about unit firepower. Trust me ... 3 shatterers or 3 emperors can drop your CC's health bar much faster. I am talking about bringing variety to a side that has none. A side that is just a downgraded version of the vanilla.

Thats strictly your opinion Anubis , i believe all of those factions have amazing diversity, its your job to exploit those. , and laser a downgraded version of vUSA , care for a match?

This post has been edited by Zhao: 30 Nov 2010, 12:51
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 30 Nov 2010, 13:48
Post #27

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 97

This is my last post about this. For once could you people stop talking about frekin stats and start thinking about actual gameplay diversity. When i said downgraded i wasn't talking about how much damage it can do. But for usa i can do paladin and avenger combos but guess what. I can now do losat combos. I can do exosuit combos and i can do it with any of the old units. In townes case i don't have a choice. So im talking about DIVERSITY. I know it's not something pro-player wannabies think much about since if they find a win formula they will use that to the end. But having more choices brings more fun. And not everyone wants to play a game as a sport. Some of us actually like to enjoy games as what they were meant to be. A way to spend free time and have fun doing it, not bust my balls trying to outmatch someone else's skills. So again ... my downgrade refers to unit/strategical variety not faction firepower. By most peoples logic if you have 1 tank as the whole army capable of attacking with enough damage ground and air you dont need anything else since it does the job on its own. That being said, it's all up to the team and what they decide, so no more townes talk.

This post has been edited by Anubis: 30 Nov 2010, 13:49

+Quote Post
post 30 Nov 2010, 14:18
Post #28

Group:
Member No.:

Warn: (0%) -----

Hi, im new in the forum but i play shockwave since the first release
Summarizing this is the best mod EVER

Now i ask if for the update, the background music when you play without IA can be re-established

Tks for this mod and keep up biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Immo39
post 30 Nov 2010, 17:07
Post #29

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1201

Not sure if I can point out one little bug I've seen so far..

I've been playing around with the Desert Fly, and I've found that if its damaged and if I select an allied airfield for it to repair, it will descend to the base and keep flying around in circles till its fully repaired, however when I try to click it away it stays flying in circles around the field, and will not respond to any commands (attacking, new targets, new location etc)

Would be great to rectify this!

+Quote Post
Shock
post 1 Dec 2010, 0:22
Post #30

Forum Green
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 17
Projects: SWR Productions

Hello Legion and Immo39, welcome to the forums, thanks for the appreciation.

As for the desert fly, I have confirmed I can reproduce this bug and it is considered reported. On the music, its rather minor as nobody really plays without opponents so I can't give you any guarantees.
QUOTE (Anubis @ 30 Nov 2010, 10:48) *
A way to spend free time and have fun doing it

Good point, I would suggest to act to it and leave it this way smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 1 Dec 2010, 0:29
Post #31

That person
Group Icon

Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

FINNALLY.

About the generals, will you use completely new maps or the EA unfinished ones for the new generals? (Except leang, she needs a new map as the old one is meant for boss general)
I do have an armor general map, it is a little modified, but I'm sure you can sqeeze out the stuff (Such as tomahawk storms)

+Quote Post
post 1 Dec 2010, 0:52
Post #32

Group:
Member No.:

QUOTE (Shock @ 30 Nov 2010, 18:22) *
As for the desert fly, I have confirmed I can reproduce this bug and it is considered reported. On the music, its rather minor as nobody really plays without opponents so I can't give you any guarantees.

But the music is off too when you play with humans players. I know its minor but its part of the environment and rounds fine the game
Sorry if I disturb you and your team i know that you are working hard in the update.

Ahh one thing, sometimes (dont know the causes exactly) the General Savage superpower V1 Strike or Tu2 phosphorus Strike cant be used. Its random and very annoying, happens from 0.95 and up

Tks

+Quote Post
Shock
post 1 Dec 2010, 1:04
Post #33

Forum Green
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 17

Guess I am too carried away in matches vs other players to notice it =o.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 1 Dec 2010, 1:07
Post #34

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

Dirrectly from the readme:

-If no AI controlled players are present in a game there will be no music playing
-on 8 Player maps there will be no music regardless of there beeing AI controlled players or not

There is no fix to this unless we remove AI for the new generals.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Massey
post 1 Dec 2010, 1:10
Post #35

Group Icon

Member No.: 127

I dont know If this is the right place to post this but close eough.

I have play Shockwave a bit now and this is my findings:
First of, My fav teams for all sides. China-Tanks, USA-Armor and GLA-Deathstrike.

I must say given that Shockwave got a slapstick feal, I have to keep inmind that the way the game is armed at, so that sead. I have to give respect to the SWR team for working on one game but two projects and keeping them very diffrent style of game play. So my hats off to you guys for that. I could not do that myself, have two projects and keep the styles diffrent. I have not give the game a good long month of play yet but this is what i have found so far and....

Each side (not faction) has it very own game style. For EG: Prince karra(or what ever is his name) is a Very heave on the mirco mannagement. I have not manage to measter him on Hard AI yet but give me time. Deathsteak on the other hand is very easy to measter. point and attack! Hehe. And with the Xmas break coming up I look forward to meastering each and every one.

I mostly play Challenge mode ATM and I might add its nice to have a mission (of sort) to play in. still find a few little bugs like the vsing the laser generals. The count down is on 9 or 8min and fires and restart the count down. so it is really a 2min count down and I can not build eough to beat this super superweapon. but apart from that glich, the glich where a group of troops being fire on wont return fire and a few small weapon gliches. I have found the game fun to play (even with the silly feal to it.)

I want to write more to praise this very (jolie) and (belle), project but i have to get back to class in 20ish mins.

So with that I will leave you with this question SWR team.... Why can i get the Shockwave shell map to work of Win7 but i can get RotR one working?

Massey

--------------------
This is so on the ball----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m4SCUaBHS8

+Quote Post
GeneralAlexander...
post 1 Dec 2010, 13:20
Post #36

Group Icon

Member No.: 1301

Its Great!!!

--------------------

I'm from Shadow Rider Members

The Most Hard Codder Mod For GTA San Andreas

Call Me"GeneralAlexander_BP"

+Quote Post
post 2 Dec 2010, 4:47
Post #37

Group:
Member No.:

I do not know if this is intentional or not or it was part of the game in 95 and 951 (havent played 95 or 951 for a long time) but I think there is a bug in the game.

Map: Coastal Conflict
Structure: Reinforcment Pad
Problem: USA SWG gets a teir 2 tank from reinforcement pad... Plasma Tomahawk

I went thru every faction on the map and all others get teir 1 units from the Pad. I feel that this is unbalanced on maps that contain the Reinforcement Pad. For USA SWG to get a teir 2 tank without building a Strat Center is a little over the top.

Some of those pads are in very short proximity to the opponents base.

I know you will probably tell me to either dont play those maps or dont allow USA SWG in the game on maps with the pad included, but my friends and I like to play all the maps.

Nikon

+Quote Post
post 2 Dec 2010, 10:20
Post #38

Group:
Member No.:

I have seen this aswell... It is kindof crazy since most teams get "crap" units, atleast compared to the tomahawk!

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 2 Dec 2010, 10:47
Post #39

Group Icon

It's been like that since zerohour.

--------------------

+Quote Post
post 2 Dec 2010, 11:43
Post #40

Group:
Member No.:

QUOTE (The_Hunter @ 2 Dec 2010, 7:47) *

I would guess it has some thoughts about balancing back in the day.

Shockwave is diferent though so maybe worth looking into?

+Quote Post
post 2 Dec 2010, 17:37
Post #41

Group:
Member No.:

QUOTE (Nikon @ 2 Dec 2010, 2:47) *
I do not know if this is intentional or not or it was part of the game in 95 and 951 (havent played 95 or 951 for a long time) but I think there is a bug in the game.

Map: Coastal Conflict
Structure: Reinforcment Pad
Problem: USA SWG gets a teir 2 tank from reinforcement pad... Plasma Tomahawk

I went thru every faction on the map and all others get teir 1 units from the Pad. I feel that this is unbalanced on maps that contain the Reinforcement Pad. For USA SWG to get a teir 2 tank without building a Strat Center is a little over the top.

Some of those pads are in very short proximity to the opponents base.

I know you will probably tell me to either dont play those maps or dont allow USA SWG in the game on maps with the pad included, but my friends and I like to play all the maps.

Nikon

QUOTE (The_Hunter @ 2 Dec 2010, 8:47) *

You are correct sir...but in Zero Hour the drop time is 2 mins...the mod is 1 min...big difference between 5 tanks in 5 mins compared to 2 tanks.
Please do not get me wrong.. I am LOVING this mod... in fact my friends and I have made it our sole game for now. I know that USASW General does not have strong teir 1 tanks so if you must leave it as is..then maybe revert the time back to 2 min drops..I can live with that and I think everyone else can too.

Please look at the map Coastal Conflict and see why this is a problem.
Scenario...USASWG captures the pad two mins into the game...then 5 mins later he has 5 Plasma Tomahawks then goes stright across to the opponents base and lays it to waste...well I dont know about you, but me as China I have NOTHING to combat a strike force like that with inside 7 mins. Game Over.

Nikon

+Quote Post
Prince Kassad
post 2 Dec 2010, 17:48
Post #42

Group Icon

Member No.: 483

Actually I must agree. Sure it has been like that in ZH as well, but that's hardly a reason for not changing it seeing as ZH was so imbalanced. Superweapon did not have a tank in Zero Hour so the team made him get Tomahawks (to fit faction design I guess), and I can understand how you can easily win the game with them.

And yes, the drop delay was two minutes in Zero Hour but is one minute in Shockwave, which makes this even worse.

--------------------
[01:47:30] <+Nem> Core has been the fastest developed total conversion this side of Zero Hour
[01:47:40] <+Nem> All art will be completed by the end of the week

+Quote Post
MARS
post 2 Dec 2010, 20:40
Post #43

Group Icon

Member No.: 10

I agree. This is an issue that should definitely be addressed. It may have been somewhat justified in ZH but now that the Superweapon General does have an actual MBT there is no good reason to keep air-dropping friggin' Plasmahawks.

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 2 Dec 2010, 22:46
Post #44

Group Icon

Robo tanks are hardly worth waiting for tho.

Hmmm...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Frostyarmy
post 2 Dec 2010, 22:54
Post #45

League is Life
Group Icon

Member No.: 153

I see no balance problems with it , its a tomahawk it easily can get owned by a tier 1 battle-master or a couple rocket men , or a humvee or some aircraft , theres so many ways to kill that thing , and your getting the tomahawk maybe 1 - 2 mintues earlier then you usually do? Those capture derricks are suppose to give you advantages or things that come earlier then usual , its a 1200$ investment in the 1st place depending on the cost of your infantry.

I would definately say its Not a problem at all, if its that bothering , don't let them take the pad in the 1st place..

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 2 Dec 2010, 23:04
Post #46

I fits I sits
Group Icon

Member No.: 1107

I think the Robot tank isn't good, i think a tank that can catch up with here artillery and other weak stuff but is dedicated to soaking up damage would be better while her other stuff dishes it all out. I know she isn't the Armor general but she should at least have something that can take on battlemasters or something.

This post has been edited by dangerman1337: 2 Dec 2010, 23:06

+Quote Post
BliTTzZ
post 3 Dec 2010, 0:52
Post #47

Army - group of people who fix diplomatic mistakes.
Group Icon

Member No.: 944

You can't send order to defend airspace with Nuke Gen's MiG pushing on hotkey ("R"), because there're also button to bomboard the area with the same letter.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Casojin
post 3 Dec 2010, 3:41
Post #48

Group Icon

Member No.: 222

QUOTE (Nikon @ 2 Dec 2010, 20:37) *
You are correct sir...but in Zero Hour the drop time is 2 mins...the mod is 1 min...big difference between 5 tanks in 5 mins compared to 2 tanks.
Please do not get me wrong.. I am LOVING this mod... in fact my friends and I have made it our sole game for now. I know that USASW General does not have strong teir 1 tanks so if you must leave it as is..then maybe revert the time back to 2 min drops..I can live with that and I think everyone else can too.

Please look at the map Coastal Conflict and see why this is a problem.
Scenario...USASWG captures the pad two mins into the game...then 5 mins later he has 5 Plasma Tomahawks then goes stright across to the opponents base and lays it to waste...well I dont know about you, but me as China I have NOTHING to combat a strike force like that with inside 7 mins. Game Over.

Nikon

Robot Tank is not a strong unit. It can't fight head-on with other faction MBT. To fight these tomahawks, you can use infantries (since Tomahawk doesn't lock on infantry) and keep them moving. You can also use Siege Trooper as China (they're cheap and long range too).

--------------------
CASOJIN

+Quote Post
post 3 Dec 2010, 3:54
Post #49

Group:
Member No.:

I have another problem here.

My friends and I were playing on Bloodmatch Stadium 2 (1 friend always observes) when the game froze on every computer at the same time. So after a hard reset was unable to open Shockwave from the icons or from the start menu. BUT if we clicked on the icon for Zero Hour.. Shockwave started.
(the error for Shockwave was some Script error that was not found)

Alright.. so I completely stripped out Shockwave and Zero Hour and reinstalled everything. Was then able to open Zero Hour and Shockwave independantly.

Heres the rub...after every match on the victory screen the game crashed.

Seems like there is a little more work to be done here. I thought that the crash bug was fixed.

If you can offer a fix for this please let us know.

Nikon

This post has been edited by Nikon: 3 Dec 2010, 3:56

+Quote Post
post 3 Dec 2010, 4:04
Post #50

Group:
Member No.:

QUOTE (Casojin @ 3 Dec 2010, 1:41) *
Robot Tank is not a strong unit. It can't fight head-on with other faction MBT. To fight these tomahawks, you can use infantries (since Tomahawk doesn't lock on infantry) and keep them moving. You can also use Siege Trooper as China (they're cheap and long range too).

Allow me to clearify this... plasma tommys outrange and out run any infantry from any faction. with proper micro your base is dead. Not because you are a bad player.. its a matter of economy. (this is unless you start with more than 10000 credits) We always start with 10000 credits..so after a barracks, power supply, supply center, war factory and a few infantry units..you are waiting on money. I know that there are many BO's to do if you think that that will happen but it is poker and if you get it wrong..well too late again Game Over.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 12:41