IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Dodged a bullet....by a few hours, what about you guys?, Lets hear your experiances
(USA)Bruce
post 28 Jun 2016, 23:12
Post #1

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

So yesterday I returned from europe, and with the latest news most of you have probably heard that there was an ISIS attack on Istambuls airport just a few hours ago (of this post)

Funny how I actually picked yesterday for the return flight cause I had stuff to do back In turkey.Or I went for six days, six is abit off for me.A six day trip rather then a full week.

Before this there was a bombing in istambul that killed people and they caught the culprits in Izmir (Where I live) Oddly enough there was a lovely flirt that kept me up all night and you guys (The Skype/ROTR community) so I couldnt wake up to do my stuff downtown.Sorta felt abit spooked when I realised that If they had not caught the guys and I was actually in my bed instead of on my computer I might've been toast.

With the most recent attack, well its too close for comfort.

So this thread is about the "Close times you dodged a bullet?" so to say for a close injury or life death experiance.

Picture somewhat related, thou Im the humvee from the alternate universe that actually broke to the left or right and didnt crash into that truck.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 29 Jun 2016, 1:56
Post #2

Chat Nick
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11096
If you ever decide to invade Russia, for the love of God, bring some warm clothes. We don't want you to blame the "evil Russian winter" when you get crushed, like everyone else who tried.

Damn. I heard about what happened in the old Constantinople.
As for the dodging the bullet, does dodging shells and bombs also count?
If so, I dodged a thing or two. A little more actually. wink.gif
God knows how many bullets my family dodged while we were trying to escape the war. There was one time when I didn't dodge a bullet. It was when my father was putting my mother, my little brother and me in the evacuation-truck, when the Croatian separatists started shooting at us from somewhere. In that moment, (it was 1995, I was 4 at the time), I started crying, still not realizing that my right hand thumb and little finger were almost ripped off by a bullet. They were just hanging on some skin. That was all. My father, as well as many other fathers, brothers, husbands, was left behind to make sure that the evacuation trucks make it to the safe zones. He survived luckily, but came only 4 months later. The only reason I got to keep my fingers is that there was a retired doctor in the truck we were in. She immobilized my right hand, stopped the bleeding and somehow, managed to put my fingers together. Later, when we got to a first place that looked like a hospital, I got my fingers patched up, but if it wasn't for the old lady doctor, I wouldn't have been in one piece. I never saw her again. We heard later, she died in NATO bombing 4 years later. Later, the convoy was shelled, but we never got hit, thank God. I also almost died during NATO bombing in 1999. It was when a big explosion destroyed a car factory in my home city. I remember that pretty well. Anything made of glass in the house just broke. Windows, glasses, etc. Parts of it cut me and my little brother. Fuck it. It's the damn war. It never is pretty.

--------------------
Oh Lord, have mercy, for I am unworthy!

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
Tobæ
post 29 Jun 2016, 4:36
Post #3

The
Group Icon

Member No.: 12008

Wow god bless both of you. omfg.gif Glad you made it back OP.

This post has been edited by Tobæ: 29 Jun 2016, 4:37

--------------------
~Not All Aussies Are Racist, I Hope~

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 29 Jun 2016, 6:18
Post #4

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

Earthquake in Fukushima. Not exactly a dodged bullet, but felt like it with the masks every day. Empty shelves, mass panic. Half the stuff in the apartment crashed down around me. I barely fit under the table.

Every plane out of the country was crowded out, and when I did get a ticket out of there, I was forced not to.........because I shit you not my visa had expired. So they stopped me from leaving the country. That's the exact opposite of what you do when a visa expires.

This post has been edited by Serialkillerwhale: 29 Jun 2016, 6:21

--------------------

+Quote Post
GDIZOCOM
post 29 Jun 2016, 6:55
Post #5

Level 17.4
Group Icon

Member No.: 131
Immaturity Incarnate

Last April I was driving home from the province after spending a few days there for vacation, had to drive around 200 kilometers back to Manila. Now I'm new to being behind the wheel and it happened that my sense to overtake was seriously off since the vehicle in front of me was moving slow but blocking my view, I nearly collided with another car on my side. When I recall it I just know I got really fucking (just to get to the point) close to getting into some serious trouble there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 29 Jun 2016, 10:00
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10811
Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

come close twice (that im aware of)

First was when i was 4, my mother was tidying my room and I had one of them old 80's wooden ottomans in my room my mother told me to stay back whilst she went to throw it to the other side of the room.
Hyperactive 4yr old me ran right infront as she did.
Split my skull open, hospital job and 16 industrial staples. still got the scar on top of my head.

Second was 16 years ago, crossing the road pushing my little brother in his pram.
waited at the lights for the crossing to turn green for pedestrians.
Car ignores the red light and slams into myself and my brothers pram.
i ended up on the bonnet of the car and the pram went flying down the road with my brother in it still.
thankfully we were both fine, though now when crossing a road i wait for the cars to stop fully no matter hoe long the lights been on green for pedestrians.

--------------------

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 29 Jun 2016, 13:29
Post #7

Chat Nick
Group Icon

If you ever decide to invade Russia, for the love of God, bring some warm clothes. We don't want you to blame the "evil Russian winter" when you get crushed, like everyone else who tried.

QUOTE (Tobæ @ 29 Jun 2016, 5:36) *
Wow god bless both of you. omfg.gif Glad you made it back OP.

Already been blessed. I'm alive. wink.gif
Thanks, though. smile.gif

--------------------

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 29 Jun 2016, 17:13
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

While it wasn't life-threatening or anything, I find it rather amusing thinking back to it: I was walking through a small alley, a big picket fence on my right side. Just as I was about to walk into the bigger street, I noticed a 5-crown coin on the ground. So naturally, I bent down to pick it up. Right after, a bike came swooshing by from the right, who didn't see me through the fence. So I escaped injuries and became five crowns richer. What a nice day.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ComradeCrimson
post 30 Jun 2016, 0:17
Post #9

The Trench Dog
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10225

At one point I went outside during the winter.

Pretty dangerous stuff yo.

This post has been edited by ComradeCrimson: 30 Jun 2016, 0:18

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mirrowel
post 30 Jun 2016, 1:04
Post #10

ECA player
Group Icon

Member No.: 12823
Bombing enemy into the stone age since 2015

I did not have situations like this in my life... at least that i remember of.
But holy shit guys. omfg.gif
@3rdShockArmy
Especially you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 30 Jun 2016, 3:11
Post #11

Chat Nick
Group Icon

QUOTE (Mirrowel @ 30 Jun 2016, 2:04) *
I did not have situations like this in my life... at least that i remember of.
But holy shit guys. omfg.gif
@3rdShockArmy
Especially you.

And I honestly hope you never will, my friend.

--------------------

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
Alias
post 30 Jun 2016, 9:20
Post #12

Cool Guy
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 46

I had a minor heart attack when I was a young child, that was probably the closest I've physically ever come to death.

I also have gone through benzodiazepine withdrawal which I have to say is definitely in my experience what felt the closest to death. It feels like your brain is eating itself from the inside, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemies.

This post has been edited by Alias: 30 Jun 2016, 9:22

--------------------

+Quote Post
XoGamer
post 21 Aug 2016, 13:28
Post #13

Tactically Toxic
Group Icon

Member No.: 12634

I haven't had much, but I've been almost hit by a car 4 times in my life, once when I was 6 or 7, once when I was 11, once 12 and once 13.
Sooo I wasn't very lucky being almost hit by car 3 times consecutively ~ once every year for the first three years of high school (high school in britain btw so around middle school for americans)

It's cos my high school is across the road from where I am and the road is pretty big road.

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 21 Aug 2016, 14:29
Post #14

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

I've dodged a few cars, got beaten half to death at least twice during school, nearly had an actual bullet go straight through my brain and had to endure an illness that felt like my bones were on fire. There also was an explosion way too close for comfort during army training. Yeah... my life hasn't been fun much.

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 21 Aug 2016, 14:43
Post #15

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 10248
pls join my games im lonely =c

I miss-read a NOTAM and accidentally flew through military airspace i thought was inactive when they were testing AA weapons.
Things got... hairy...

Actually, now that I think about it, I have a million near death experiences from flying lol

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!
Join our Discord Server for a great community and plenty of games and memes!
Also, check out our ROTR - Fan group on Facebook.

+Quote Post
XoGamer
post 23 Aug 2016, 20:28
Post #16

Tactically Toxic
Group Icon

Member No.: 12634

QUOTE (SoraZ @ 21 Aug 2016, 14:29) *
I've dodged a few cars, got beaten half to death at least twice during school, nearly had an actual bullet go straight through my brain and had to endure an illness that felt like my bones were on fire. There also was an explosion way too close for comfort during army training. Yeah... my life hasn't been fun much.

Holy shiet, Soraz has been through a lot.
I had an illness several times which meant I had to vomit up everything I ate and drank (with the expection of flatbread & watermelons for some reason lol) for around 4 days. Sometimes it included water.
But that was probably just my enzymes gone wrong wacko.gif

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 31 Aug 2016, 4:32
Post #17

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

Member No.: 10450

When I was in Highschool with the First-Aid team , in a special branch specifically for Crisis control, we were tasked to go and do clean up after a local bomb exploded near Damascus. I almost stepped on a small cluster bomb that was barely visible, and we had to evacuate the area to get demolition experts to remove it.

Other instance was during a time me and my driver were caught under a sudden cross fire between pro-goverment forces and rebel forces , prompted us to sort of panic and drive away as fast as we we could.

This post has been edited by Mizo: 31 Aug 2016, 4:33

--------------------

Not a Rusty Spoon........The_Hunter uses a goddamn wooden spoon on his AI Scripters....

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 31 Aug 2016, 20:04
Post #18

Chat Nick
Group Icon

Yeah, the damn cluster bombs are maybe the most dangerous weapons ever. NATO dropped thousands of tons of this crap on Serbia, but thankfully after the war we had hundreds of Russian demining experts that came to help our guys clear the unexploded bombs. My current neighbor wasn't killed by one only because his dog sniffed around and accidentally found a bomb while they were hunting. They soon called a bomb disposal team and detonated it right there, 'cause it was too dangerous to try to relocate it to a safer place. Cluster bomb is especially dangerous, because it can explode 150 years from the moment it was dropped.

This post has been edited by 3rdShockArmy: 31 Aug 2016, 20:06

--------------------

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 31 Aug 2016, 20:13
Post #19

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

Yeah, we have the same problem over here that we still find bombs from World War II all over the place, and people need to get mass-evacuated whenever one is found, just in case something goes horribly wrong with the disposal.

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 1 Sep 2016, 0:49
Post #20

Chat Nick
Group Icon

I'm not 100% sure, but IIRC, a few years back I heard on TV that they found one bomb not far from Merkel's apartment. And considering how much bombs were dropped over the 6 years period, especially after 1943, it's very likely you'll be finding those damn things even a 100 years from now. I mean, some people in America are still finding the Civil War unexploded ordnance, which even after a century and a half is just as deadly. Hell, I've even read they sometimes find explosives and gunpowder storage areas from the freaken Napoleonic Wars era, but I'm not sure if it's true. Anyway, it's terrible that even after a conflict has been over for decades or even centuries, people who live so much latter are in danger. Like it wasn't hard enough to be a construction worker, there's also a chance those poor guys might also poke a damn 1000 lb blockbuster and... well, bust a block and kill hundreds, while trying to build a block.

This post has been edited by 3rdShockArmy: 1 Sep 2016, 0:52

--------------------

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
MARS
post 1 Sep 2016, 7:30
Post #21

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

In 2013, they actually discovered a HC4000 blockbuster bomb just <500 metres from here. It's a rather disturbing feeling, when you realise that you've been walking
past or living near a 1.8 ton bomb from WW2 for years which just so happened to be discovered because a business was probing their premises for a construction project.

+Quote Post
Sergeant Freedom
post 1 Sep 2016, 14:20
Post #22

Communism Stamper Pro
Group Icon

Member No.: 13120
I ̶b̶r̶e̶a̶k̶ ̶t̶a̶n̶k̶s̶ stamp out communism for a livng.

Fell from a tree 15 ft and broke by shoulder, narrowly avoided landing on my neck.

I still managed to completely sever by humerus and jam it into the shoulder socket.

This post has been edited by Sergeant Freedom: 1 Sep 2016, 14:24

--------------------

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 1 Sep 2016, 19:04
Post #23

Chat Nick
Group Icon

QUOTE (MARS @ 1 Sep 2016, 8:30) *
In 2013, they actually discovered a HC4000 blockbuster bomb just <500 metres from here. It's a rather disturbing feeling, when you realise that you've been walking
past or living near a 1.8 ton bomb from WW2 for years which just so happened to be discovered because a business was probing their premises for a construction project.

That thing would've blown up the entire area if it was ever detonated. You're lucky they've found it. I've heard of cases when people died during (re)construction works. At less than 500 meters, you were definitely in danger.

QUOTE (Sergeant Freedom @ 1 Sep 2016, 15:20) *
Fell from a tree 15 ft and broke by shoulder, narrowly avoided landing on my neck.

I still managed to completely sever by humerus and jam it into the shoulder socket.

Damn, that shit must have hurt like hell.

--------------------

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
Nightmare
post 3 Oct 2016, 20:56
Post #24

Group Icon

Member No.: 13217

ahhh. that is horrible man.

--------------------
Scorpion. Ready to sting!

+Quote Post
M.P
post 16 Oct 2016, 1:30
Post #25

Group Icon

Member No.: 10559

I was 7 years old when my family and I went for a trip to another city with the car.

While coming back home, We had an head-to-head accident with another car, It was really bad for all the family (especially for my mother and sister as they suffered the most) just for driving carelessly.

it was really hard as the middle seat belt didn't work and I jumped, And my head hit the roof and broke the lamp, it took long for the doctors to get the glass shards out of my head and i got 12 staples on my head, I still remember the pain i had when they were taking out the shards. The scar is still there, I usually keep my hairs long to hide it as people ask me what has happened to my head whenever they see it.

3 years after that, In my aunts house, I was jumping on the bed and having fun with my sister, The wind slowly opened the window which was exactly top of my head. I did one long jump, cause i was over excited, and my head just hit the corner of the window and it left a deep wound on my head. it was small, but deep. 4 staples for that. I never jumped on the beds again after that, i was terrified.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24 April 2024 - 18:17