Reply to this topicStart new topic
AI Is Too Strong
mert1516
post 12 Nov 2021, 15:44
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 24271

AI is too strong. I was beating the hard AI easly before the mod now I hardly beating the Easy ECA oppement. Is there patch for that ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kalamel
post 14 Nov 2021, 16:29
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 24161

QUOTE (mert1516 @ 12 Nov 2021, 21:44) *
AI is too strong. I was beating the hard AI easly before the mod now I hardly beating the Easy ECA oppement. Is there patch for that ?

IIRC, there's a LOT in moddb addons page. Never tried any of them yet. Also, from signature of AI scriptwriter, you can rest assured that the complaint has been heard.

+Quote Post
denko90001
post 15 Nov 2021, 9:05
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 17004

it often depends on the map. maps can be harder than others for 2 reasons. 1 is the geography and actual layout, and the other is the ai script the map uses. maps like lagoon tend to be really hard not just because the ai is more aggressive on them, but also because the chokepoints are so wide. it basically punishes you for playing defensively. even on custom maps with only 1 way into your base, 1.87 is always going to chew you up. i can beat the gla ai but the russian one is just brutal, even on medium

+Quote Post
mert1516
post 15 Nov 2021, 14:28
Post #4

Group Icon

QUOTE (Kalamel @ 14 Nov 2021, 17:29) *
IIRC, there's a LOT in moddb addons page. Never tried any of them yet. Also, from signature of AI scriptwriter, you can rest assured that the complaint has been heard.

QUOTE (denko90001 @ 15 Nov 2021, 10:05) *
it often depends on the map. maps can be harder than others for 2 reasons. 1 is the geography and actual layout, and the other is the ai script the map uses. maps like lagoon tend to be really hard not just because the ai is more aggressive on them, but also because the chokepoints are so wide. it basically punishes you for playing defensively. even on custom maps with only 1 way into your base, 1.87 is always going to chew you up. i can beat the gla ai but the russian one is just brutal, even on medium

Thanks for the replys , i found a mod from Moddb "Old Ai" mod , starting to using it.I don't think hardcore players might like it but it's pretty ballence for a players like me.. If anyone having the same problem with me , i suggest that mod to them.

+Quote Post
denko90001
post 15 Nov 2021, 21:33
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (mert1516 @ 15 Nov 2021, 9:28) *
Thanks for the replys , i found a mod from Moddb "Old Ai" mod , starting to using it.I don't think hardcore players might like it but it's pretty ballence for a players like me.. If anyone having the same problem with me , i suggest that mod to them.

does it work for babuska's revenge? i want to like that mod but the only ai i can beat is gla. the chinese one keeps using these nuke bombers and they counter just about everything you can build. so frustrating

+Quote Post
mert1516
post 16 Nov 2021, 0:04
Post #6

Group Icon

QUOTE (denko90001 @ 15 Nov 2021, 22:33) *
does it work for babuska's revenge? i want to like that mod but the only ai i can beat is gla. the chinese one keeps using these nuke bombers and they counter just about everything you can build. so frustrating

Sadly i don't know how well it's works with babuska's revenge my friend. It's just a one single file tho , you can back up the orginal file and try it. If it's broke your game or you don't like it , you can copy back your back up file.
You can find it from the Moddb named "Old Ai" addon.

Also i saw a little problem. Not at every map but when you playing some maps againts AI , the AI deffence is too weak. Easy , medium , hard the difficulty you are playing does not matter. I don't mind it tho still better than imposible to beat AI but just telling you guys if you consider using it.

This post has been edited by mert1516: 16 Nov 2021, 0:06

+Quote Post
denko90001
post 16 Nov 2021, 23:23
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE (mert1516 @ 15 Nov 2021, 18:04) *
Sadly i don't know how well it's works with babuska's revenge my friend. It's just a one single file tho , you can back up the orginal file and try it. If it's broke your game or you don't like it , you can copy back your back up file.
You can find it from the Moddb named "Old Ai" addon.

Also i saw a little problem. Not at every map but when you playing some maps againts AI , the AI deffence is too weak. Easy , medium , hard the difficulty you are playing does not matter. I don't mind it tho still better than imposible to beat AI but just telling you guys if you consider using it.

some maps the ai doesn't tech up at all and just builds infantry. it's either too hard or too easy. no in between. it seems like only 1.85 got it right.

+Quote Post
KirovReporting
post 24 Jan 2022, 4:01
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 24414

I agree. I am running version 1.86 and have spent the past 6 hours playing skirmishes. Today is the first day I played the mod.

I have noticed these things about the AI:

1 ) It seems to rely on a rush strategy regardless of faction. Maybe something wonky is going on with my installation or maybe it's a statistical coincidence. Nevertheless my experience has been so far that no matter what faction the enemy is they rush me.

2 ) It seems to collect resources very quickly. I tend to aggressively expand my base right away by building a bunch of construction vehicles and sending them out to build supply depots and defenses across the map. I also capture as many oil refineries as I can immediately as well. So, basically I do my best to deprive the AI of resources. Yet they seem to always be able to afford a constant stream of tanks.

3 ) There's no easy AI mode. I only can select medium, hard, and brutal. Sometimes I like an easy match I can relatively mindlessly play just to relax.

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 24 Jan 2022, 18:40
Post #9

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10811
Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

QUOTE (KirovReporting @ 24 Jan 2022, 3:01) *
I agree. I am running version 1.86 and have spent the past 6 hours playing skirmishes. Today is the first day I played the mod.

I have noticed these things about the AI:

1 ) It seems to rely on a rush strategy regardless of faction. Maybe something wonky is going on with my installation or maybe it's a statistical coincidence. Nevertheless my experience has been so far that no matter what faction the enemy is they rush me.

2 ) It seems to collect resources very quickly. I tend to aggressively expand my base right away by building a bunch of construction vehicles and sending them out to build supply depots and defenses across the map. I also capture as many oil refineries as I can immediately as well. So, basically I do my best to deprive the AI of resources. Yet they seem to always be able to afford a constant stream of tanks.

3 ) There's no easy AI mode. I only can select medium, hard, and brutal. Sometimes I like an easy match I can relatively mindlessly play just to relax.

1.87's ai is stronger, which is to be addressed in the next version.

--------------------

+Quote Post
wargame10
post 14 Feb 2022, 8:30
Post #10

Stop Whining Learn to Deal with it!
Group Icon

Member No.: 475
Pissing some Idiot like SKW

you should have expect that mods AI breeds differently you just need improve

--------------------

Magoichi Saika: You shall die with bullets gayber!! -shoots justin beiber lol- and you too american wannabe -shoots SKW (rofl)-

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 3 Mar 2022, 4:17
Post #11

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10450

Hey guys,

I have been very busy over the past few years but I will work on an AI that is both challenging and relatively balanced. Aiming to have it not cheat with cash but it is not easy as not even ZH did that. Cheers.

--------------------

Not a Rusty Spoon........The_Hunter uses a goddamn wooden spoon on his AI Scripters....

+Quote Post
TheMandarin
post 15 Mar 2022, 18:53
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 24582

Just won my first 2 matches against medium AI, after those matches, my fingers hurt, I had to move super fast during the entire game. lol

+Quote Post
Titan
post 29 Mar 2022, 22:31
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 13329

Second this... 1.87 v2.0's AI is really all across the board in difficulty.

1. Easy is too easy.

2. Medium is already way too hard, a massive step up from Easy.

3. Hard is just... insanity.

A possible suggestion for you, Mizo: something in between the first two difficulties would be a good start for Medium, and the current Medium could be relegated to Hard, just tweaked a bit. Maybe tone down the way the AI counters you in Medium. That could be what's making Medium too hard.

Its a shame, because I like the variety of units and abilities the AI uses, seems a bit more random than before... and the fact that it counters you is pretty dang cool. It's just far too difficult for the less skilled players like me, ones that perfer PVE over PVP (And this is coming from someone that usually plays Hard in past versions of RoTR). It is good that this has been noted and is going to be fixed in the next version, tho. Thankfully 1.87 v1.0's AI works interchangeably, because its a bit more tame and actually doable unlike current 2.0's bipolar difficulties.

This post has been edited by Titan: 29 Mar 2022, 22:32

+Quote Post
TNT2
post 13 May 2022, 0:00
Post #14

Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 15038

Is it possible to download 1.87 v1.0?

+Quote Post
cloudmaker91
post 25 Dec 2022, 5:17
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 20387

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16 April 2024 - 23:03