Fanfiction: The Nordic Front
__CrUsHeR
post 31 May 2013, 6:30
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

This is a fanfict in style "The History of the Others" made ​​especially about Norway and the Nordic countries in general because they have been mentioned few times in the story and I think cool explore this part of the story. Comment and enjoy. happy.gif

Kingdom of Norway

Kingdom of Norway
Leader: Olsen Solberg
Capital: Oslo
Population: 9,291,377
Active Troops: 369,575

The Kingdom of Norway is known worldwide for being a peaceful nation, was a founding member of UN, Council of Europe, Nordic Council and the former NATO. Since the beginning of the 21st century the Norwegians can be proud of their government that could reach the top position in the ranking of the United Nations as the best country to live in and has remained on top with an excellent system of security, education and health accessible to everyone through a efficient foresight. Between the years of 2010-2020 the solid Norway's economy suffered the consequences of speculation surrounding the crisis and the reckless austerity measures implemented by the EU. The government reacted to the crisis negotiating with Swiss banks the creation of a capital reserve even as adopting serious measures for achieving economic stability, including exchange controls to reduce the rampant inflation. After warding off the ghost of the crisis the Norwegian Kingdom resumed its heavy investment in the IMF and the UN to safeguard the global financial future and enhance its internationally prestige.

Norway is definitely involved in the war against terrorism in 2025 when the GLA captured the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan and attacked with one modified Soyuz rocket the US naval base at Narvik. The chemical and biological agents spread rapidly by air currents contaminating the entire Scandinavian Peninsula and causing initially five thousand deaths, immediately the Norway joined with the USA and China in Operation 'Global Security' creating a task force. The divisions of Norwegians Jegerkommandoen bravely fought against the Deathstrike's elite terrorists in nearby of Baikonur until the USAF put a definitive end in the threat. In the wake of the war against the GLA and his weapons of mass destruction the Norwegians supported with logistics resources the Operation 'Final Justice' in Iraq coming up victorious together with the coalition led by the United States.

Jegerkommandoen troops against elite GLA insurgents in Kazakhstan, 2025.

In 2028 with the United States out of the war, the General Deathstrike had raised a real terrorist empire and put into practice your most infamous plan - the invasion of Europe - to start your campaign Mohmar Deathstrike recruited his younger pupil - Tahar Ibrahiim AKA Frenchman - and sent to Hamburg his faithful disciple Rodall "Demo" Juhziz; began one unprecedented insurrection where the radical masses gained power to revolution. The Norway sent his troops to reinforce the fronts of Central Europe where was occurring the most bloodiest clashes, however after five months of hard fighting was not able to stop the brutal massacre promoted by extremists in Germany and France, the Denmark also fell under the domination of the GLA after orchestrated terrorist attacks with bomb trucks across the country, and only the Baltic Sea could separate the Norway of defeat. In Scandinavia the ghettos of GLA in Oslo, Gothenburg and Stockholm were dismantled by a powerful patriotic front. On August 15, 2018 as an act of revenge against the incorruptible Norse peoples the terrorists began their offensive against the Scandinavian Peninsula by sea; initially adapted sprinklers in large commercial planes and dozens of aircrafts flew over the coastal cities pulverizing the civilian population and resistance with powerful toxins that caused a real urbam holocaust, after this started the invasion of the peninsula in fact with hundreds of makeshift warboats, and the flames rose above the cold waters of the Baltic in a violent war; Scud rocktes positioned in the occupied territories began to saturate aimlessly the nordic coast eventually reaching the oil refineries and wind power generator farms, however the resistance not have capitulated to the incessant attacks of the GLA, the Deathstrike furious with the inefficiency of his army ordered one last attack was triggered against Oslo, the heart of Norway. The terrorists boats advancing toward the Oslo penetrating the colossal fjords, when they entered in the strait rocky were surprised by heavy artillery fire hidden in bunkers along the mountain, the extremists not expecting this and felt the first time the terror take their hearts and beat a retreat back to the mainland. China finally came to rescue the Europe from chaos and the forces of the GLA was reduced to ashes with the firestorm dumped from the sky, quickly the PLA retook Central Europe eradicating the terrorists of the continent.

Chemtrails over Gothenburg in 2028.

In 2029 after the victory against the GLA China through the Eurasian Unity League (Eura) began to finance the reconstruction of the continent including the Norway that took its coastline devastated by Scuds and chemical weapons used indiscriminately. Norway used its financial reserves to help in the process of reconstruction and for the first time made use of their precious seeds reserves that had been stored since the beginning of the century inside the icy mountains an island in the Svalbard archipelago in the Norwegian northern - 35% of the natural vegetation of Europe had been destroyed by chemicals and biological weapons of GLA or by radiation and napalm of PLA in the reconquest of the territory, beyond, the Rhine River in Germany which was completely contaminated becoming the lands bathed by the waters uncultivable - with Norwegians seeds after the decontamination process the crops and vegetations were reconstituted. After years of rebuilding the Europe had resurfaced as a power, in 2034 Norway joined the ECA in a grand ceremony that took to the streets of Oslo.

Finally in 2037 the ECA was ready to counter attack the GLA in its new operating base, the North African, for the Operation 'Nemesis' Norway detached a panzer division and two artillery divisions; the war was a total success for Norway and alliance which had few casualties, the pro-GLA governments were deposed and terrorism retreated to the interior of Africa moving away the constant threat of a new invasion in the future.

Now in the 2039 the global theater was different - the new Russia lead by President Suvorov aligned an axis of influence over Eastern Europe threatening the alliance - the situation worsened when the satellites entered into orbiting making the Solaris system online, the Federation that depended on commercial relations with Europe was against the wall. The trigger for the war was in 2045 when the ICBMs base of Kaliningrad was supposedly sabotaged by ECA special forces; immediately the VVS received the green light from the president to launch a raid in large scale across the Europe. The Norway was severely punished by the Russian bombardments that destroyed ports and airports, ships and aircrafts, the damage only not ware greater because the Wotans newly developed protected the skies of the kingdom; hours after the end of air strikes tanks battalions and tens of thousands of soldiers invaded by land simultaneously Finland and Norway; in a few weeks the Russians occupied a large portion of Norway being blocked by a organized and fortified resistance only when approached of Bodo, in the mountain pass the armies of Russia suffered heavy casualties, the attack waves were constant until April 2046 when suddenly ceased due to an order issued by the military high command. The fighting in Sweden continue until today in Skelleftea in the province of Västerbotten, a numerous part of the defenders of Bodo are now fighting as guerrillas in the region and Russian artillery continues spitting shells and slowly advancing over the terrain. The fleets of the Norwegian Sea were wrecked after a year of war at a disadvantage against the powerful Russian navy, the remaining ships protect the Skagerrak strait, the capital Oslo and patrols the gulfs of the Baltic Sea along with what remained of the fleets of Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Germany and Poland to prevent a invasion.

Recently Norwegians are excited about the good news of the battlefield: the UK foiled the enemy in Ramsgate and France braked the advance of the bears in the outskirts of Bordeaux and Toulouse, the Alps continue in safety thanks to the Italians, Austrians and Swiss, there are also rumors that the USA will go to war to rescue Europe and that China is preparing for a full war on the border with Russia. However the peaceful Norway has become accustomed to war and will fight for the freedom of Europe with their blood brothers until that one day return the peace...

EDIT: The suggestions of DragonNOR were added and other minor changes to the original content.

This post has been edited by __CrUsHeR: 25 Jun 2013, 2:22

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MARS
post 31 May 2013, 7:43
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

Nice. I like the overall direction of the Norwegian backstory and most of it appears to be quite compatible with canon. The only thing I'd consider revising would be the part about the GLA insurrection of Europe. 'Countdown to Zero Hour' made it relatively clear that it wasn't so much a conventional invasion (i.e. a clear frontline and an occupation of entire countries) but an extended series of extremely bloody urban uprisings supported by large-scale 911 style terror attacks and a limited arsenal of 'conventional' war assets brought into Hamburg by ships. The notion of GLA forces mounting a literal amphibious assault on Scandinavia seems a bit far-fetched in that regard, but that obviously wouldn't rule out the possibility of Scud strikes or orchestrated revolts in major cities.

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 31 May 2013, 15:57
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

Damn, I live near Gothenburg. Wonder if I would get killed...

--------------------

+Quote Post
CelticClown23
post 23 Jun 2013, 16:47
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 9528

Man, I can't wait to see what you have in store for Finland.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  1280px_Flag_of_Finland_with_border.svg.png ( 6.08K ) Number of downloads: 3

--------------------
"Facta Non Verba "
Deeds Not Words
JTF-2 is best Special Forces Group!

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 24 Jun 2013, 14:16
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (CelticClown23 @ 23 Jun 2013, 12:47) *
Man, I can't wait to see what you have in store for Finland.

Glad to know that you liked. About Finland events would be very similar to those in Sweden and Denmark - a warrior people with patriotic spirit and a huge sense of duty.

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
MARS
post 24 Jun 2013, 15:30
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

Much like the Poles and the Czechs, the Finns would probably run one hell of a guerilla war, considering what historical experience they have with Russian expansionism.

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 24 Jun 2013, 15:49
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE (MARS @ 24 Jun 2013, 11:30) *
Much like the Poles and the Czechs, the Finns would probably run one hell of a guerilla war, considering what historical experience they have with Russian expansionism.

Undoubtedly should use this tactic against Russia, already the country's military manpower is small and every life would be precious. As I described in fanfiction they resist the overwhelming pressure from Russia mainly using the advantage of the ground, however if the Russians concentrated their forces exclusively to conquer Scandinavia the resistance probably would fall in a few months.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DragonNOR
post 24 Jun 2013, 20:30
Post #8

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 9208
Projects: Voice Actor

A nice read! biggrin.gif

As a Norwegian, I'd suggest two changes. Switch out 'paratroopers' with 'Jegerkommandoen', which is the name of the Norwegian elite soldiers. They've been deployed multiple times to the middle eastern theatre irl.

A natural target for the GLA would be to hit Norways Oil derricks and commercial fleet as it's the primary source of Norwegian wealth. Norway does not on the other hand have a very strong agriculture, so it sounds a bit off that German lands would be seeded with Norwegian seeds.

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 24 Jun 2013, 21:43
Post #9

Group Icon

Thanks for your review!

I already added your suggestions to the original content and added a few little extra things in original content - the Svalbard seed bank allowed the Germans recover vegetation lost during the war against the GLA, because some rare plant species and not transgenic crops were extinct during this period, they not offered a gigantic reserve of seeds only the copies necessary for the recultivation - it's great to know that a Nordic liked the fanfict. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 24 Jun 2013, 21:53
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

QUOTE (__CrUsHeR @ 24 Jun 2013, 22:43) *
it's great to know that a Nordic liked the fanfict. smile.gif

At this point I would point out that I am a nord as well but looking back at my earlier comment I realized I didn't say I liked the fanfic...

This post has been edited by swedishplayer-97: 24 Jun 2013, 21:53

--------------------

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 24 Jun 2013, 22:05
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE (swedishplayer-97 @ 24 Jun 2013, 17:53) *
At this point I would point out that I am a nord as well but looking back at my earlier comment I realized I didn't say I liked the fanfic...

I understood your previous message, thank you.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27 April 2024 - 9:32