IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tournament Final: RikerZZZ VS Marakar., It's over, please stop nagging.
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 1 Feb 2016, 12:23
Post #1

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 10248
pls join my games im lonely =c

Jokes aside, Marakar and I pulled through to finally finish this.
It seemed that the whole world was against us to finish this. Numerous Crashes, delays timezone discrepancies, real world problems and even fucking lightning strikes were just a few of the obstacles in the way of finishing this, but we all persevered till the very end.

Before i write the results, I would like to give some appreciation to the many people who helped get us here.

Id like to thank StrikersShockwave for hosting this tournament, and for all the effort he put in, in both moderating and spamming us all on Skype to play our damn games, as well as casting a few of the earlier series. You're passion and determination to this tournament has been unwavering, and we all salute you for sticking it all the way through.

I also extend a huge thankyou to Knjaz, Cody, and Xattus for putting the effort into the streams we had of the final games.
Although they were littered with many technical issues (getting struck by fucking lightning, jesus) they stuck by us and were incredibly patient in hosting their streams at unusually early hours for me. It's truly humbling to know that there are people living all the way on the other side of the planet, that realistically I'll never meet in person, that are going out of their way to accommodate for me to play some video games. For that dedication I think you all deserve a special thanks, you guys rock smile.gif

I also extend a huge thanks to Doomy for casting many of our tournament games. I know your life has been busy as shit recently mate, so thanks for going out of your way to cast the games.

Special thanks go out to Bruce for coaching me through many of these games, and for the many memes we've shared through out not only our games, but watching other peoples. Also, i promised you the prize, so there, that's what you get for me jibbing you out of the finals tongue.gif

A huge amount of respect and thanks goes to my Opponent, Marakar.
You my friend are one of the greatest rotr players I have ever seen, and these games do not do you or your immense skill the respect they deserve.
Thank you so much for putting up with me, accommodating my timezone and especially for giving me the mercy wins after my Bruce set.
You deserved this tournament far more than I did, and its a colossal shame you choked in the final set.
There's always next time tho, and I know you'll kick my arse then smile.gif

Finally, a huge thanks for all the observers, replay watchers and tournament players who have watched the games and participated.
Contributing to this community is what keeps it alive, and the fact you were patient enough to let us drag this thing out for as long as you did is a true sign of your commitment to this fantastic mod. smile.gif

Now that all the musshy shit is over, time for the actual results.
===as usual spoilers below===
The final result was 5-1 my way.
the long and short of this set was that the random gods were evil and vile towards poor Marakar, and not once did his get GLA, his best faction.
well.. he did once, but my net died during that game so it sadly couldn't be counted.
As I said above, Marakar was the underdog that deserved to win, and the games that we ended up playing did not do a good job of showcasing his true skill.
Still, what's done is done, and the results are what they are.
GG, and well played smile.gif

This post has been edited by {Lads}RikerZZZ: 1 Feb 2016, 12:26
Attached File(s)
Attached File  ROTR_Tournament_Final.rar ( 174.83K ) Number of downloads: 31

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!
Join our Discord Server for a great community and plenty of games and memes!
Also, check out our ROTR - Fan group on Facebook.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zion
post 1 Feb 2016, 14:06
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10992

Great Job Rik!
I am proud my son! tongue.gif

Congrats on winning the tourney

you are officially the ROTR nerd... ! with no money, and no sleep..

hopefully our next tourney will have a cash prize, so people actually take it seriously biggrin.gif

GG

+Quote Post
XAttus
post 1 Feb 2016, 14:45
Post #3

Arena maker
Group Icon

Member No.: 10203

It's truly humbling to know that there are people living all the way on the other side of the planet, that realistically I'll never meet in person...

Don't be so sure about that, I have had many great and unique opportunities to meet the people I've grown up with on the internet. It's a true story. smile.gif
Sure thing, Australia is not just a few borders away, but I do plan on travelling there at one point in my life.

As for the tournament and the streams - 10/10 would do it again, it was fun and we enjoyed casting the games, that f**ing lighting could have waited for a few more hours but oh well.. biggrin.gif

Congratz for winning it, and kudos to you both for pulling it through the whole way.

--------------------
XAttus
-game anyone?

The Hunter
- Nobody wants to play bombtruck simulator with you

+Quote Post
strikershockwave
post 1 Feb 2016, 19:39
Post #4

-Mr.$TriKeR^
Group Icon

Member No.: 10843
Here is a good place for the meeting of generals and sharing tips and experiences about the game and to help newcomers to resolve any issues regarding the mods!

Thank RikerZZZ! I really put a lot of effort in it! Mostly because I've hosted two tournaments simultaneously: SHW and ROTR! Both have been completed with success! Congratulations for you RikerZZZ first place, you is always really unbreakable! And marakar Congrats for 2nd place - you was really excellent; before finals you didn't lose any game! Tournament is officially completed! Unfortunately Bruce and Dell didn't play in time...
This tournament was really exciting!

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 1 Feb 2016, 20:36
Post #5

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10450

HAX!! I CALL RIK HAX!

--------------------

Not a Rusty Spoon........The_Hunter uses a goddamn wooden spoon on his AI Scripters....

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 1 Feb 2016, 22:21
Post #6

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Member No.: 10248
pls join my games im lonely =c

QUOTE (Mizo @ 1 Feb 2016, 20:36) *
HAX!! I CALL RIK HAX!

You're just mad because you didnt get to play tongue.gif

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!
Join our Discord Server for a great community and plenty of games and memes!
Also, check out our ROTR - Fan group on Facebook.

+Quote Post
Marakar
post 2 Feb 2016, 9:19
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 11665

Congrats on winning Rik, you played really well and consistent this tournament. But wait for next time... tongue.gif

But in all seriousness, thanks for the kind words as well smile.gif

This post has been edited by Marakar: 2 Feb 2016, 9:20

--------------------

Drop Commander

+Quote Post
XAOC-RU-
post 2 Feb 2016, 21:05
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 11210

Congrats Rik, you're the best of the best on this tournament!:) Hope we will see new competitions this year with more players with more hot battles! smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27 April 2024 - 10:31